Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #1  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

Default Just a down day

I'm so frustrated. I am being METICULOUS with my food and water intake. I'm exercising-- albeit not a ton, but come on, I wasn't doing anything before! I was eating at a MINIMUM twice as many calories. This has been for almost a month. My inches lost are looking good, but the freaking scale isn't moving.

It makes me wanna scream. It makes me wanna cry. It makes me wanna binge. It makes me wanna just give up completely.

I know it's a relatively little thing, but uuuuuugh. This has me down in the dumps. Thanks, though, for letting me vent.
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

"My inches are looking good...."

And there's your reason to stick to it! The scale will catch up. You might just be shifting for the moment and then you'll get a WHOOSH! I follow a similar pattern where I regularly get a stall for a week or two even when I'm exercising every day and staying within my calorie budget.

And it's no little thing. It's a frustrating thing, but it's a temporary thing too Hang in there!
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

Thanks, LML. I appreciate The encouragement. I know that really the inches are
More important than the pounds, but seeing the stupid scale wobble back and forth from 230-235 for the past week really has me feeling insane!

I'm gonna stick with it because it HAS to get me where I wanna be, weight wise, eventually... Right?
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Right
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #5  

yes. Inches are what count. Muscle weighs more than fat. But it sure does a lot of good !! Congrats on the inches. I know it can be so hard, believe me. Still, congrats on those inches.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Keep sticking with it! I think you'll continue to see results. I have to remind myself that with the WW plan that I'm doing. Persistence pays off!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #7  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Put away the scale if it causes that much frustration. Literally, hide it. Ignore it, keep doing what you're doing (inches are awesome). Maybe lessen calories if you want, maybe exercise more if you want, but don't get on that scale. Keep at it.

In a month, before you get on the scale, check the inches. Then get on the scale. You'll be surprised. =)
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #8  

I agree about putting away the scale. I try to only weigh myself once a week. It's not easy but it works better for me.

You're doing a great job! Keep up the good work.
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #9  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

If my measurements were on target, the scale could reveal that I have the weight and density of a dying star and I wouldn't care. lol.

If screaming and crying will make you feel better, find an appropriate time and place and do that for 5 minutes. Then take a deep breath and compose yourself and move on with your day.

Last edited by tinneranne2; 08-18-2014 at 01:12 AM.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #10  

I've been in your situation many times over the years. The thing that helped me through it, believe it or not is a break from the diet. Not an eatfest or lengthy, but just 3 or 4 days without watching too much what I ate. This seemed to confuse my body just enough to put me on the right track when I started back again. Be careful that you don't extend the break much past the 4 days though, it might become permanent.
Needtolose2 is offline   Reply With Quote