Old 08-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/156/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Restarting for 15 lb reboot - anyone else?

I lost 31 lbs last year on IP and maintained well (gain of up to 3 lbs) until February of this year when some very stressful events began for me and, well, as of today I'm up a total of 14 lbs from my low point. I've been trying since February to get back on track but am finally having a breakthrough and am RE-committing to IP. Because...it really works!

Anyone else in the same or similar boat? I'm looking to lose 15 lbs. hopefully by the second week of September, but I'll be happy with any timeline that includes some overall weight loss.

Wishing you all the best and lots of success!

T
dedicatedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Restart: 154/145/130

Hello! I am on a similar boat. I lost 30 a year ago, gained almost 25 of it back, and restarted a month ago. So far, down 13 lbs, so I'm doing well. I'd ideally like to lose 15 more, to be a little under goal to give myself some wiggle room. So, we can do this 15 lb challenge together!

You'll get a good start on me, as it will be your first week, when I've already had some good weeks in my belt, and I sense a few lower loss weeks in my future. Also going on a short vacation this weekend, going to try to stay on plan, but may have a cheat or 2.

Good Luck!!
TBCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Since you guys don't have far to go, take a look at the IP maintainers threads to get your head in the right space for maintaining instead of regaining after you are done this part of the 'contract.' It will help a lot with the mind-change
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #4  

Hi TBCourt, doing this together sounds great - you've already encouraged me with your loss of 13 in one month - way to go!

Liana, that's a good suggestion - thanks - I found this board helpful during my loss phase last year. Unfortunately I couldn't have predicted some of the challenges I have been facing this year. I am definitely learning. and grateful for this diet and board.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

I really like this thread! I think we should keep it. I lost 40lbs then I went on vacation and gained 6lbs!! I was in Phase 4 over the summer. I still have about 30lbs that I want to lose and started Phase 1 (round 2) today! Good luck everyone! I can't wait to get that great feeling from being in fat burning but its going to be a tough few days...ugh!
Aydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #6  

Hi Aydubs! Losing 40 lbs is amazing! And only gaining 6 is good. I wish I'd stopped at 6 and gotten back on the bandwagon then. It's really inspiring to feel there are others in the same boat doing this together
Old 08-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Restart: 154/145/130

Hello all! I have to say I've been struggling a bit since I last posted. I lost 13 lbs pretty quick, so I was expecting slower loss, but the following week I actually gained .4, and then I went on vacation last weekend (my BF's 30th bday, had 1 cupcake, some mac&cheese, and a few bites here and there but didn't go crazy) and since then I have been trying to make up for it. Still not back to my 141 that I was before. I feel like it is a struggle, I'm dealing with the big "C" and even though I have been super strict since I got back on vacation, I don't feel any movement. Yes, it has only been 4 days since vaca, but I want to get back to where I was! Let me know the status of you guys!!!
TBCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #8  
AresJ

S/C/G: 134.5/127/117

Height: 5'3"

I have so much admiration for all of you-I haven't found this the easiest diet to do a second time and you are all doing great-and with some real challenges to covercome.
I'm in the same boat, lost about 15 pounds 3 years ago, then gained it all back this past year. Just couldn't re-commit (joined WW for the 50th time-that didn't work). FINALLY this weekend reached the bottom point of total horror and have started back on Phase 1 Monday. So far, doing okay. I tend to be a visitor to the "Home of the 90%" thread-things like using Mio and Crystal Light as they were approved when I started IP, although they are not now. Trying to do this on my own, but seeing you all here, I know I'm not alone anymore!
The mantra I have in my mind is that when I reach goal again, I can reintegrate my treats-but with the lessons I've learned from going through the program and a failed maintenance. Also, remembering the awesome way it felt to be in a size 4 (never in my life before).
LET'S DO THIS!!!!
aresj is offline   Reply With Quote