Old 08-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default Low Carb + Calorie Counting

Trying something new today. I had no success on doing either lately, so I am combining.

Anyone do low carb and count your calories?
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

hi. Yes I'm doing a low glycemic/ low carb lifestyle diet and counting calories. I use myfitness pal app for calorie counting and it's helped me loads! I usually have a calorie deficit, some days more than others. And. I run 3 times a week using couch 25k. I've never run before and I'm on week 6. (It's a 9 week running program) you can see by my ticker that this all works for me. Hope this helps
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #3  

Default Since I aM in my sixties now

I noticed that I will have to do both.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

I try to eat and cook low carb as much as possible because my oldest son is a diabetic and it helps us both. It can be tough at times though because I crave breads and sweets. Ugh.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #5  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

I also have to do both. I try to keep my carbs under 25 and cals at about 1500. I have noticed though that if I don't eat adequate fat that I am generally hungrier all day with the same amount of calories

Last edited by jmh6251; 08-22-2014 at 10:30 AM.
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #6  

I only ount callories and it seems it works for me, I just don`t limit myself in eating carbs
elenaswinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/230/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm counting calories and limiting carbs to no more than 100g per day. So I'm not exactly low-carb but it a lot less than I used to eat.
Coffeelover64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'5.5"

I do low carb. I only eat carbs in the morning (when metabolism is most active) and either right before exercise or after exercise, so that they're burned off immediately. On days I don't exercise I don't eat any. As for calorie counting, I don't bother. I'm more into the quality of the things I put in my body rather than the quantity. I'm sure my calories are low anyway because I eat mostly veggies, with some fruit or legumes here and there. No dairy or meat.

I trust that this low carb and calorie counting thing will work out for you I look forward to hearing your results.
chmia14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i count calories and i also make a good attempt at keeping carbs low....i find that restricting my food choices in order to obtain a LOW carb count will trigger falling completely off of my goals....i don't handle restriction very well...but i find that if i focus on protein choices, low sugar choices, low wheat etc, that i end up at moderate carb levels and that works well for me...

i lose weight best on low carb, under 100 carbs per day, but that is hard for me to achieve with consistency due to having to restrict my choices...i also aim for about 1500 calories a day, more or less....some days a little more, some days a little less, but i am worn out with years of mentally obsessing over every single calorie

i also exercise as many days as i can at the gym with hard workouts, heart rate up in the 170s etc
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i count calories and i also make a good attempt at keeping carbs low....i find that restricting my food choices in order to obtain a LOW carb count will trigger falling completely off of my goals....i don't handle restriction very well...but i find that if i focus on protein choices, low sugar choices, low wheat etc, that i end up at moderate carb levels and that works well for me...

i lose weight best on low carb, under 100 carbs per day, but that is hard for me to achieve with consistency due to having to restrict my choices...i also aim for about 1500 calories a day, more or less....some days a little more, some days a little less, but i am worn out with years of mentally obsessing over every single calorie

i also exercise as many days as i can at the gym with hard workouts, heart rate up in the 170s etc
Agree although i no longer count calories, i eat roughly the same things every day except fridays and they tend to be lower carb but not excessively so
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote