Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #1  
Maintenance Mode

S/C/G: 260/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Your Life at 100 Pounds Lost

Hi All,

I'm at over 100 pounds lost. It's been a big year.

I don't personally know of any other women who have had this experience (although I am in Overeaters Anonymous), and I'm feeling a little crazy.

How did you feel when you lost 100+ pounds?
Did you break the bank on new clothes?
How did you feel about men?
Did you feel more secure, or battle with anxiety?
Dating?

Also, I feel like a lot of women who have lost large amounts of weight are significantly older than me, and married. I'm 29 and a life-long single, so I really, really hope to hear from other women who can identify.

Thank you,
Spectral

Last edited by Spectral14; 08-04-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Spectral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the loss!

Fantastic.

Yes, $$$$, all the way down.

Men are great. Women are lovely too. But my wife did recently separate with me

I still get anxiety but use exercise to kill it. It works wonders. My self-esteem has improved dramatically though. I don't feel ugly or invisible any more. People actually sit next to me on a train now.

Dating?
Nope and not for some time either. *Damaged goods*.

Last edited by IanG; 08-04-2014 at 11:17 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #3  
mrs jazzy

S/C/G: 265/235/145

Height: 5'3

wow you have gone on a truly amazing journey!
doing GREAT! mrs jazzy
mrs jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I've lost almost 120 lbs and still losing...

- Pleased, hopeful to keep going
- Physically-speaking, I felt much more comfortable moving around, much less self-conscious, almost proud of my appearance

- At 100 lbs lost, I was still about 50 lbs from my goal weight so I spent very little on clothing. It helped that I had some smaller clothing in my closet, and needed very few outfits for day to day work/life.

- I still felt invisible and wondered if that would ever change.

- I felt a heck ton more secure. I still battle with anxiety, but it's lessened.

Dating?
- I just started to date again.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-04-2014 at 02:19 PM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:04 AM   #5  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Congratulations on your weight loss! It is a lot of work!!!

In answer to your questions:

Awesome!!! I love it when people do not recognize me!! I love shopping in the regular size women's department and not worrying if the chair will be big enough. I could go on and on about all the things I like about losing weight.

I recently opened charge accounts at Nordstroms and Macys. I buy a lot of cloths from the 75% off rack at Macys and Target and hae found Costco good for staples like underwear and socks. I have been through about 6 wardrobes since I started losing. I love it when I "outgrow" my cloths.

I experienced the death of my husband 2 years ago. I am just starting to date a little. Not sure I am ready for a romance but like to get out and meet/talk with people. I can not say I have noticed that it changes my attitude towards men. I still like brainy guys with big hearts!!!

I definitely feel that I respect myself more and expect that same respect from others. I sometimes worry that my cloths are too small. I am just not used to the smaller sizes and think they must be too tight!

Dating?

I am dating. It has been quite some time since I have dated since I was with my husband for 10+ years. What I notice is that I am much more direct about what I want or expect to happen than I was many years ago.

I wish you great luck and love on your journey.

Dee
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I hit 100 lbs lost when I was 34. I had been divorced for 4-5 years and had tried dating, but the guys I was attracted to weren't attracted to me.

I felt fantastic! My ultimate goal was to lose 135 (I did it, and regained some, which I'm working on now). But every milestone felt like peeling off another layer of insecurity.

Not as much as I expected. I was used to having a limited wardrobe when I wore size 26, so I didn't feel like I needed a *ton* of clothes. I mostly shopped at Marshall's and places like that.

Once I was close to goal and started dating, I had a blast, and honestly, acted like I was 21. There are some choices I made that weren't smart. But like everything else, I learned from them and grew from my experiences. I never really dated a lot so everything was new to me (met my ex-h in college and got married right after. He was my second boyfriend ever.)

Definitely more secure. I have always been and always will be an introvert, but as my confidence in my appearance grew, I became more able to be outgoing and not worry so much about what people were saying or (horrors!) thinking about me.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote