Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October Newbies-Achieving in August

Wonderful group of people working together to achieve their health goals-established in October 2013.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #2  

Hi everyone,

Better day for me today. Super humid here, so the kankles continue Having a very low carb day in hopes of moving down in my range.

Sold my leather recliner, always hated it! Bought it to sleep sitting up after my complex tonsil surgery, long story. So glad it is leaving tomorrow!!

Any one have great plans for the weekend?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Glad you're feeling better today! Congrats on selling the chair you didn't like! It's always such a relief to get rid of stuff you don't want in your home (and even better to get paid for it).

My plans are: packing, shopping for some new work outfits, and maybe taking some time to visit a few of my favorite places before I move. I just had acupuncture, so I'm really relaxed and drowsy. I think I'm going to watch some TV and then go to bed.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Kooky: I'm so excited for your new job, move and fresh start. I think it'll be really good for you!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: The puppy is good, time consuming. Lol. Thanks for asking. I am so proud of you for putting yourself and your needs first. That is always such a hard thing to do.

I have been feeling burnt out about the plan the last couple of days. Went off plan a couple of meals and had fruit. I know it is good for me and much better then a lot of things I could have had, but still went off plan. PMS has played a part in this I am sure. Why does it take me so long to figure out it is PMS and I just need to push thru? I will get this yet. Lol.
I have also decided to get thru my holidays in August with a more relaxed plan. Then go back to my strict plan in Sept until Oct 16th(my op anniversary). Then phase off and be happy with me. I want to be 140lbs but if I am not there I am not going to stress, I am already soooo much less then I ever thought I could be.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #6  

Want2b, how did your hair turn out? Were your friends surprised by your transformation? Summer is hard with all the social events, as hard as Christmas. Just keep on trying. We know how to address a slip. As for the weight goal, you will know when you are happy. I never thought I would be buying size 8 clothes.

I completely understand the pms issue. Now, mine seems to last two weeks! Not loving this change Was actually looking for a supplement to address the pms yesterday.

My low carb day yesterday worked, the scale is close to the bottom of my range. Had not had beef for a couple of weeks, switching up the menu seems to have done the trick.

It was a good call to postpone the tag sale because it is raining! Think I am going to investigate selling some of my clothes on eBay.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Kooky: I'm so excited for your new job, move and fresh start. I think it'll be really good for you!
Thanks! The timing is really perfect and I feel good about pretty much every aspect of it. It will be really nice to have a fresh start.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #8  

Want2B- Puppies are so cute, but are so time consuming. I bet yours is so small she can probably sneak into places she's not supposed to go. The one I had when I was younger wasn't very small, but he'd grab something he wasn't supposed to have like books or shoes and sneak behind the sofa to chew on things. I hope she starts listening soon. . Since you did P2 the whole time, you could just move on to P 3 for awhile. You'll probably continue to lose weight and then you might be able to just move into maintenance when you hit your goal because you'd be phased off already. Just an idea...the P3 breakfasts are really good because you have a really wide variety of choices.

I'm with both of you on PMS...ugh. It makes everything more difficult, but it tends to show up 10 days before TOM sometimes, so it's tough to tell what is going on. Every time I've had a cheat or problem, it's been PMS time. It is truly challenging to get through it every month without making bad food choices.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Have not seen my friends yet, that is Tuesday. And I think my hair looks great. At least I feel like it does and that is all that matters. Lol. If you find anything to help with PMS let me know, I hate how long it can last now.

Kooky: my puppy is very small, but cute. The only complaint about her is she likes to nip/bite at us when she gets excited or over tired. Not fun. So we tell her no and get her a toy she can chew on. You are right about me moving to p3 but I think I want to get to 140lbs and I think 10lbs is a bit much to lose in p3. I will only do p2 until Oct and then move to p3 no matter what. I can push thru with p2 until then. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Back on track again. That will be my key to success I think. At least I have that part down. Lol. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #10  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Just loving this group and how motivated you are to sticking it through together. And so close to your IP anniversaries! Keep up the good work, you're all an inspiration!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Still struggling to take off the 8 or so pounds left from my going off beig time during my son's crises - no excuses now, lady. Trying to kick my butt into gear.

Added to that is Big C in the biggest way ever. STRESS....Friday was a tough day all around but the kicker was getting a letter from IRS that someone had appropriated my identity and filed for a tax refund in my name. The list of things to do to protect against anything further is monumental.

Good news was going up to the mountains to our homesite. The foundations, utilities are all in and Monday the framing crew comes. Yahoo. I am backing cookies and stuff for them and will keep a big bowl of hot soapy water for quick immersion of all spoons and beaters. No finger licking here!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Happy Sunday or in my world-cleaning the walk in closet day. The temps are so cool here that it is the perfect day to tackle this job.

Want2b and Schenectady- great getting back on track.

Schenectady, sorry about the big c and the identity theft! Stress is right, stay strong. Glad that the house site is coming along. You are super nice to back cookies, I couldn't do it.

Where are the rest of our peep? Check in: Steph, Hiker, Luccilove, Drl, Jig, Hawaii, and Kawaii. How was your weekend?

Pishposh, thanks feel free to join in.

Last edited by Slipfree; 08-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi all,

Happy Sunday or in my world-cleaning the walk in closet day. The temps are so cool here that it is the perfect day to tackle this job.

Want2b and Schenectady- great getting back on track.

Glad that the house site is coming along. You are super nice to back cookies, I couldn't do it.
Slipfree - this baking cookies will be a challenge for me, but it is one I am doing deliberately. I am trying to convince myself that I am so focused now that I CAN handle this, thinking it out in advance and making it my goal.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #14  

Schenectady, you are brave! How did you do with your challenge? I am cheering for you all the way.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #15  

Cookie making is today so I will be veeerrrry careful. Knowing that you guys are out there will help so that I can report back that I met the challenge!

I am back in the saddle and have "only" four more pounds to take off from my recent 'detour' of several weeks. I know my mind is in the right place, though, so I am sure I can do this. I picture myself in my gorgeous evening dress at my son's wedding and PUT THAT MOUTHFUL OF COOKIE DOUGH IN THE GARBAGE!
Closed Thread