Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+And Getting Fit After 40 #324

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #2  

Default don't give up!

Hi Carol, and all my buds. Ok. I can't type very well, or spell, or put thoughst on paper well, but you know what? I can still kick butt . LOL! Now get in here and do what you have all been doing, and that is not giving up! Love you all, Ruth

Ps: I am not giving up!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ruth, So good to hear that you are still kicking butt and not giving up!

WW yesterday gave me a good slap 'side the head. Gained 1.4 lbs. I know I CAN do this. The WW lecture was about changing little things to keep you going. My little things are to switch out breakfasts every day this week. I've been in a breakfast rut for years. Also, I'm going to try to eat all snacks, even "good" ones standing up to keep me aware of the fact that I shouldn't sit down, with a bag or bowl, and stuff myself. So far today (it's almost 11 AM ) I'm doing good and am POP.

A lot of our friends here need to get back and visit.

Ruth is right:
"NO GIVING UP!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not giving up either!!
Food has been good but scales stay the same. I know my body is sore and achy. I painted our bedroom alone. I use to disnt think twice about it, but it really kicked my tail. It looks great!! Lots of exercise for sure!!!
Garden is drying up. We need rain sooo bad!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #5  

New month start the week off right
Let's lose weight and get healthy!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #6  

Sounds good to me Deb. I didn't have the best weekend.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #7  

Pop day on Monday. Planning out my food for today.
Gotta some laundry to catch up today. Don't see formal exercise happening today but will try.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #8  

Yesterday was not my best. Today will be better!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #9  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow. I've been gone for 6 weeks. Feels like even longer than that.

Good to see you, Ruth. Judy, Debbie, Carol--good to see you all hanging in too. I really have been thinking of you all. When I get depressed, I tend to become a very irresponsible correspondent.

The short version of the story is, I've had an annoying health problem (a lump on the bottom of my foot that the doctor thought was phlebitis). It's mostly gone, but some of my old annoying health problems are back. In short, I stopped exercising, stopped losing weight, and got even more depressed than I was.

Basically I've maintained. I've been hovering in the low 280s for months and months now (sometimes the high 270s).

I feel like, you know, I'd be less likely to end up with phlebitis and other icky health problems if I could lose another, I dunno, 100 pounds. Or more. But this present 10 pounds has been kicking my butt for a year.

Okay, enough with the negativity. I've been eating POP for the last week, at least. But TOM is also AWOL, so the scale went up instead of down after a week of being good. So, I need to get back on the exercise wagon.

How's everyone else doing today?

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 08-06-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #10  

Today has been a bust for me. At least I shouldn't be hungry this evening. Tomorrow is WW and I really, really need to buckle down and just do it. My knees are killing me and I don't want surgery or meds so that leaves losing this weight and defeating the eating for no reason jag I've been on. Angela's so right, we often do this to ourselves then get depressed because of our eating habits and get even worse. I've got to climb out of this rut and get back on track.

Totally off topic: If you've ever read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series of books - they've made it to tv. The premier is on STARZ on Saturday night but you can see that first episode for free if you have cable ON Demand or at Starz dot com from now until the end of September. I've loved these books since the first one came out in 1991 and to see them brought, so beautifully, to the small screen, gives me goose bumps. Gorgeous scenery, epic love story and men in kilts. What more do you need? Oh, don't watch it with kids ...... it's definitely for a grown up audience.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #11  
Vortex

Okay, Judy, you and me, no eatie to-nightie! Hang in there... you can do this!

Actually, I can have a 3-point dessert and still be within my daily points, which is what I think I'm going to try to do. I don't think I've ever stuck strictly to the dailies, so I don't think I'll be able to do it cold turkey, but I want to see how close I can get every day for a few weeks.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #12  

Mornin'
Gained again on the WW scale. I'm not surprised though. I've not been tracking much after breakfast just didn't want to face up to how much munching I've been doing.

The Life Boat thread is setting out on a new 10 day journey today. I'd love to see more seats filled. If you want to work on a 10 day goal please join us. Along with tracking I thought I'd share my 10 day goals to help me stay OP:

1 - Ask myself "why" I'm thinking about eating something I shouldn't be??
1A - Would I be proud to track it if I ate it?
1B - Is it healthy or just junk I'm eating to make me "feel better"?
1C - Would I eat it if I thought someone was watching?
1D - Was I able to find something not edible to use as a replacement if needed?

If I can do this for 10 days it might help me get back to being in a better place mentally and be more mindful of my long term goal to be healthier.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #13  

Not a pop day. Hubby came in with chips and buffalo dip. It's a ruffles ranch dip. I had been craving my buffalo chicken dip. This stuff is really good and I just kept eating it
Old 08-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #14  
Vortex

Hey, gang. Hope you're having a better day today, Debbie.

Going okay here. Just a little slow to get back into action, but eating has been better than it's been in a while.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #15  

I held it together yesterday and so far today I'm w/i my points! YAY!
Closed Thread