Old 07-30-2014, 02:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question Decided I need my teeth cleaned every 3 mo's .

My dental insurance only covers for a dental exam and cleaning, and "Necessary X-rays" for every 6 mo's. However; lately I have been using tums and after dinner antacids for reflux and indigestion problem, experienced after meals.....

Last time at the dentist they found 4 new Cavities from my last exam, just 6 months before that. Everything was just , "Peachy Keen?" I wasn't put on a tooth watch or anything.

Since then, I did start eating erratically due to summer vacation and spring break before that too. I eat more when Not at work. I miss my structure of my teaching job. When I'm working days in row, I usually drop weight, and eat 1/2 of what I do when I'm not at work. At work I also limit my food to Nutrition Bars and Protein shakes. Then between meals, sometimes feel nauseated and anxious so I find that saltines calm my tummy to the point of satisfaction.

Anyway, back to the 3 month teeth cleaning. Yeh, the dentist said that there is some obvious dental erosion on the back molars, and rapidly developing plaque. I don't brush after every meal at work, nor do I floss every day. Thank God I don't have braces, or that may end up becoming a dental decay fiasco, ha???

So, my plan is to be treated at the local community college hygiene clinic every 3 mo's. That would be in between my regular dental cleaning and exams at my insured dental office.

I am just terrified over feeling powerless that the acid in my stomach, as a result of reflux, acid indigestion, and a rather dry mouth, and cough, have compromised my dental health, and caused irregular menses, and stomach aches.

Oh well, so this treatment plan should make me feel more in control of my dental health. I can't see how I would gain new cavities any sooner than every 3 months, under the observation of my hygienist and supervising dentist too?
rain: rolleyes::li sten::running :: no::sna il::bur ger::burger :: callme:: hun: :hun :

Oh, I just purchased a spankin new bottle of mouthwash too. It purports to, "Fight cavities and even prevent plaque which leads to the decay on the teeth." I feel this to be a dental hygiene nightmare for one who has always been hypervigant over their dental hygiene and check ups too...
:ru nning::cofd ate::get well::chee se::burger ::bu rger::bu rger::wizard:: sorry:
Any other suggestions for preventing cavities. I still have 2 more teeth to have cosmetically filled. Two cavities found their way up interproximally(inbetween) my large molar and smaller bicuspid tooth. They ache every day too, and I am not due for this appointment for another 2 weeks. I hope the cavities don't expand in the mean time. Butt, if I brush well enough, and extra diligently is there a chance the decayed teeth will re-mineralize and disappear Naturally? That would save me about $200 dollars if that would occur.
:s hrug::joke r::joke r::star dav:

I may end up having the occlusals coated with protective dental sealants too. However; almost Every tooth in my mouth that had pits, is already coated with resin cosmetic fillings. I feel resentful that I never had those teeth sealed when I was much younger. This proactive treatment would have protected my naive tissue from invasion of, "The enamel muck rakers!" I suppose they favor upper class clients, over blue collar dental clients, or they would have sealed all my teeth for me in a heartbeat.. .. .. !!!Oh well???
: swim::ange l::ra in::swi m:: moo:

Wish me Luck...
1Bluerose68

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 07-31-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: more grammer edits...
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote