Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #1  

Default Just saying hi

so...Hi.

Trying to get back into the weight loss community, and remembered I had a profile here. I had been losing weight and getting healther in 2008-2010 when I got pregnant. My lowest in that time was 170 with a goal of 160. After her birth in 2011, I had lost the baby fat within months and after I was done nursing I got an IUD and my life went down hill from there. It's been a year since I have had it removed (August 2013) and recovery has been slow until about May of this year (weight at this time was 220) when I started reseaching Paleo and started eliminating foods from my diet. I started with wheat and my life has never changed so drastically so fast (I guess beside having my 3rd baby, that changed my life pretty fast too ha ha). Now I'm slowing removing dairy and sugars and trying to eat as whole food/non-processed as possible. I have a few guilty pleasures, coffee and creamer is one that I'm not sure I'll ever give up. But last week I gave up diet soda and I think I'm over that craving!

Now that I have the eating pattern down and am into the experimenting with meals phase, I want to add exercise and am looking into joining a gym right next to my work. I plan on getting a personal trainer as I feel like I'm coming out of bed rest. I suffered from severe joint pain, back pain and fatigue for so long. I remember one day I took my 8 year old to the mall for a couple of hours and the next day I was in bed in so much pain. I'm not one to jump in to some hard core spinning class, no pain no gain, boot camp program. I would rather walk 100 miles than run 50. I want to tone muscle especially my core, and get balance back since I've been favoring a side due to back pain for almost 2 years. So that will be the next phase of this journey.

So, that's my rambling for the afternoon. Hope to meet like minded people and make some friends!

C7
Charmed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi C7! I also have a 2011 baby I had an April 2014 baby and gained all the weight I lost from my 2011 baby. I gained 65 pounds and only lost a little over 20 so I have a ways to go. I am doing Whole30 and I'm on day 2 of it. Incorporating exercise is tough because I work full time and have a busy schedule with the kids at home. There is a Leslie Sansone dvd "walk at home" it's 4 fast miles maybe you will like it? Good luck!
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote