Old 07-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 7/21/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #2  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all! I didn't post this weekend as we had my brother-in-law here from out of town. Woke up this morning to a lovely migraine (blech) because it is my TOM, and my migraines are very hormonally related. Good news is that IP has me going from 2-3 migraines a week to about 2 a month. However, my TOM are a lot s more symptomatic than before I lost weight, more moody, more crampy, more bloated - gotta love hormones (um, NOT)!

For maintainers, does this seem to settle back down on maintenance?

Second question: As I get nearer to goal weight, I finally have arms that are looking trimmer and less like waving flags....HOWEVER, I have a really annoying, itchy and unisightly rash along the back of my arms and up nearly to the back of my shoulders. I have always had it, has something to do with too much keratin in the skin I read....but it is the worst it's ever been.

I try to scrub well the shower (per recommendations) and moisturize well - but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone have this and have better suggestions?
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #3  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I now am over half way to my goal. Yea!
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #4  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Monday Motivation: Every time you go to bed after having a good eating day, you will feel great. And every morning you wake up after having had a good eating day the day before, you will feel great. This week, make a commitment to yourself to FEEL GREAT by committing to having a good eating week!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Congrats! That is outstanding!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #6  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Way to go!!!!

I have been on IP for a month now and I have been here long enough to create a ticker! Woohoo! haha. I just had my weigh in today and I am down 26 pounds in the 4 weeks that I have been on IP and I am LOVING IT! I still have a long way to go but I'm committed to being 100% OP.
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congrats, that is fabulous
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #8  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Way to go!!!!

I have been on IP for a month now and I have been here long enough to create a ticker! Woohoo! haha. I just had my weigh in today and I am down 26 pounds in the 4 weeks that I have been on IP and I am LOVING IT! I still have a long way to go but I'm committed to being 100% OP.

congrats on your great losses and your ticker!!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

Good morning and Happy Monday,

Went out to a water park on Saturday. I did pretty well but, went out to eat dinner afterwards and I'm pretty sure the food I ordered was cooked with butter. I asked for it to be steamed but , I tasted butter on the veggies. Oh well, I did gain so thats all that matters to me. Hopefully no slow down. I woke up this morning with my tummy making a lot of noise. I'm not relating it to the food I ate out as that was Saturday. I'm not sure whats going on in there but, it doesn't sound good.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I was at 199 on Monday and Tuesday- but back up to 200.8 today.

Losses are getting slower, down to 1lb or less a week.

Frustrated, but not beaten
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #11  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post

Went out to a water park on Saturday. I did pretty well but, went out to eat dinner afterwards and I'm pretty sure the food I ordered was cooked with butter. I asked for it to be steamed but , I tasted butter on the veggies. Oh well, I did gain so thats all that matters to me. Hopefully no slow down. I woke up this morning with my tummy making a lot of noise. I'm not relating it to the food I ate out as that was Saturday. I'm not sure whats going on in there but, it doesn't sound good.
UGH, that is the hardest part about eating out. You can make smart choices but unless you cook the food yourself you aren't always 100% sure that they didn't add anything. I hope you feel better soon!
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #12  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post

We went to one on Sunday. I drank my morning RTD in the parking lot, had a burger over a salad (no dressing) for lunch, several bottles of water and a second RTD on the way home. Dinner at home ended up being grilled yellow squash & bell peppers over lettuce and a bar for dessert. I definitely did not get in enough water and woke with a headache to show for it.

My fitbit tracked over 13k steps - which is about what I get in a weekday - but oye - never barefoot on concrete. And that doesn't count all the stairs!

Last edited by tyranny; 07-21-2014 at 12:09 PM.
tyranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

I was faced with the ultimate challenge while away. I have always been a fast food junky. When my Bf , his son and I went to the water park they decided to stop for burgers and fries before we went in. I brought my cucumber salad and sat there watching them gorge themselves on bacon double burgers and fries. In the afternoon they decided it was time for funnell cake topped with ice cream and whipped cream. I forgot to bring my quest bar into the park so I sat and watched them eat and I guzzled a bottle of water. My bf doesn't have any weight issues so he can do that and get away with it
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #14  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

This is my first post and my 4th day on IP. I have stuck with it and have been OP all 4 days.
danijo8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #15  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
This is my first post and my 4th day on IP. I have stuck with it and have been OP all 4 days.
Welcome! Congrats on making it to Day 4! You've got this!
12Anniepoo is offline   Reply With Quote