South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday - July 21

Pretty sunrise this morning and another hot summer day ahead. We got no rain yesterday despite dire threats from Dumbo The Weatherman so I'll need to water this morning.

I now have two great dogs! Miss Millie came home with me yesterday and is just a delight. She needs work with leash walking but seems to know most other things. Jazz adores her and they play together for hours. She slept in her cage last night and Jazz snuggled with me. We'll see how long that lasts!

Today I'm going to go off to the bank shortly to the night depository, then water and then do a financial report for this afternoon's Board Meeting. Life certainly does seem to fill up fast!

Ticker finally inched down which delights me. Now I just need to steel myself against the sweet corn which is just now coming in. There's always something!

How was your weekend and what's up for today?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I'm glad Miss Millie has joined your family and is finding her niche, Ruth! She sounds like a darling! And congratulations on seeing the scale moving in the right direction.

It's supposed to stay in the low 80s here today and that's just fine with me, since hot weather is due for the rest of the week. I'm eager to see the girls after their week away, and not too sure what's happening today. It's Maggie's birthday, and we had discussed spending the day at the water park at Hershey, so I guess I'll find out when I get to the farm.

Right now I'm going to fix myself another cup of coffee!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Ruth, and other chicks to come. Humid this morning and looks to be hot. I'd like to bottle some of this for the cold, dark months!

Not much on the agenda today except groceries and gardening. But I am sure I will find a way to fill the day.

Ruth, how exciting to have Miss Millie!! Good to hear Jazz loves her too.

Sleepy morning here; I think I need to search for more coffee. I have plenty if anyone needs some.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Ruth, I'm so glad you gave Miss Millie a new home. I can't wait to hear all the tales of the mischief she and Jazz have together. You don't think she'll learn to escape too?!

Cottage, I teased DD that we were going to Hershey Tues/Wed, since she's at camp this week. We have no intention on it, but it sure ruffled her feathers . Enjoy the day!

Beth - I would love a cup, mine is just brewing now.

Just got done with my walk, spotted a fawn with her mama this am among other things. I almost talked myself into going after work, but today is expected to be crazy, and I bet I'll have the excuse of being too tired tonight.

My brother texted me yesterday to call him. So, I did. Now - background info - we talk a bit, and see each other every 1-2 years, but that's about it. I joke he's my mother on testerone (which basically, he is). Anyway, he said one moment he was sitting on a park bench by Lake Michigan, and the next minute he's in an ambulance (and hit two paramedics, but that's beside the point). Apparently his heart stopped, someone found him, called 911, and performed CPR. He apparently had a pulmonary embolism in his lungs that affected his heart, and maybe 2 more in his legs.

In one way, my DB was astounded he was still alive at 40, since he's such a risk taker, in another way - holy cr@p. He's 2 years older than I am. He was asking if dad threw clots for his strokes (dad's were the bleeding type), since he was out of that loop. I wonder if this is a wake up call for him, or if he responds as he always does.

Anyway - good reason to eat healthy, right? Bro is a foot taller than I am, and heavy but not morbidly obese, at over 300 lbs. I think it's time for me to make my confetti salad!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-21-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, that's such scary news from your brother. Makes one think! I may call mine this morning just to check in.

Revelation last night. I think Millie is mostly Cairn Terrier like Toto in Wizard except skinnier. Here's a Toto picture.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, what a scary incident for your brother! I'm glad he pulled through and hope he heeds this wake-up call!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, Congratulations! (on two accounts) I am so excited for you!

Tammy, very scary-I hope your DB heeds this call. Kudos to you (and all of us) for committing to a healthier WOL.

Beth, enjoy your day!

Cottage, glad the girls are home and HB to Maggie!

everyone else!

This is my early day at work. Chores are done, smoothie ingredients set out and I'm trying to fit in another cup of coffee. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Tammy our lives are running parallel. My sister called me at work yesterday. Our brother was taken to the hospital the night before with chest pains and difficulty breathing. Found out he too has a clot, not certain if in his lung or heart. My SIL is with him in Saratoga. They were there for the James Taylor concert. My DB is 16 years older than me. He is 5'11 and is over weight too. Hope this is his wake up call too.

Ruth congratulations on your newest family member

Beth your day sounds like mine

Linda have fun at Hershey

Debbie hope you don't have to work too hard today.

This is our last day with low humidity. I plan on enjoying it fully. I may even try to weed later. Even my flower pots look like mini jungles. Oh and I do need to remember to call one of the local courts for DS. He got his first speeding ticket. Guess I'll be going with him to court next month.

Ok time to get cranking have a great day
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

About ready to go pick up the minivan for our the start of our road trip this morning. All packed and ready to go.

Ruth so glad you were able to get Millie home and Jazz and her are getting along.

Cottage enjoy the girls today

Tywnn sorry to hear about DB

to everyone else.

I will be MIA until next week as I am not bringing a laptop with me.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning As usual I've been up since 5:30 but just getting time to check in. It's a WFH day with a shopping break with my friend. She is heading back to NY today but we are spending some comfortable time together first. Old friends are the best
Same old around here. Had a great weekend with lots of kayaking and some nice bonfires. Eating was worthy of a week of strict Phase 1.5, no grains.

Ruth - Can't wait to see Millie pics!

Twynn - Maybe it will be the wake-up he needs

Okay, back to work like stuff.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Congrats on your new addition.

Tammy and Jennifer - Yikes!

No workout today; I drove my mom to the airport instead. I start PT for my hip today. High hopes! I have a lot of questions to ask.

Have a great day, all.
Closed Thread