General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:44 AM   #1  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Default Am I losing too fast? (tricking scale: the weird way)

Hello,

after getting off the scale this morning there is something I want to talk to you about because I find it weird.
I am shedding to fast for all my math. And actually I do not even want to shed so fast.
I have accepted it in the first week, because, you know they keep telling you you lose fast that first days.
After week 2 just went on with that I started fuzzing around a bit. FIrst off I upped my daily calorie intake. Then I started to weigh myself in pajamas.
In week three now I started to write down higher numbers than the scale shows. All in expectance of a plateau, a few bad days etc where I can write down the right numbers again and take that pajama back off to not be frustrated.

Isnt't that the weirdest thing?

My calorie intake is about 1200-1300, I do some moderate exercise for an hour each day. so my daily loss should be in between 100 - 120g, and weekly 700-840g (1,5-1,8 lbs).
Instead I lost:
1,4 kg (3 lbs) week 1
1,8 kg (4 lbs) week 2
and I have one day left of week 3, but I already shed 1,5 kg (3,3 lbs)
EDIT: actually, that is wrong. if I count out pajamas and writing down wrong results I actually lost 2,2 kg (4.8 lbs) week 3. Already tricking myself too well lol

This should actually not be possible, should it? I do drink like a horse to make sure my body isnt just dehydrated.
I am dead afraid that I do something wrong, but my workouts have also started slowly, I have upped the time and intensity very slowly over the course of these weeks...
I am afraid I could hurt my metabolism or something. I have a long way to go and really am willing to lose the weight at a moderate tempo, and the right way....

Is this loss normal for the first weeks? will it eventually stop? I have tried a few diets before that, and there always was a nice drop the first three DAYS, but not weeks.

Last edited by PatPat; 07-19-2014 at 02:48 AM.
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

If not medical then enjoy it while it's happening. How does your clothes feel?. Congrats!

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-19-2014 at 10:07 AM.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I just looked at my records, and in Week 7 I lost 5.8 pounds, and in Week 15 I lost 4.2. That's just how it worked out.

If you aren't starving yourself or taking laxatives or doing something equally nutty, don't sweat it and just enjoy it.

And I recommend you stop the mind games. Step on the scale, record the number, go about your day.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

I should have also said: if this is really making you stress unreasonably and you just can't stop worrying about it, you can up your calories a bit and see if your rate of loss slows correspondingly.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #5  
patpatpatpatpat

Thanks all it just drives me crazy, but I will just accept it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
And I recommend you stop the mind games. Step on the scale, record the number, go about your day.

Yah, I should better do this
I know I cant do anything other than "lose", so I should probably not prepare for plateaus now but face them as they happen (or not ^^).

Might aswell just be happy about it all, right?

Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #6  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
I should have also said: if this is really making you stress unreasonably and you just can't stop worrying about it, you can up your calories a bit and see if your rate of loss slows correspondingly.
yeah as I said I already did this. didnt help

I also have my "full intake" day today (I planned to have one a week where I just eat my full allowance, cause its fun, I want it and it keeps my metabolism running I hope, alongside the workouts).
will see.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

You just didn't add back enough calories, because trust me, at a high-enough calorie level you won't lose any more weight. And at some point you'll gain, eeek!

But I like your current plan, deep breaths, you're doing great!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Patpat, I lost 8lb the first week, I am not worried in the least because my Dr. Knows all. That is, he cleared for weight loss. Different diets do different things to different people. I am putting on that pair of shorts that feel better and I'm not looking back! As long as you are ok medically and this is a loss from dieting then you should be fine. Your body will let you know when it's time to plateau.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #9  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatinPumpkin View Post
If not medical then enjoy it while it's happening. How does your clothes feel?. Congrats!
I just put on pants I havent worn for a year and I CAN CLOSE THEM yay ^^. (they still look like a sausage skin on me so I will wait for wearing them in public... buuut they CLOSE )

Thank you Lacty . I think I just found that one awesome thing that is easy for me to follow AND still fuels my cooking experimentary love of food kind of personality

I am fine medically because I have to go to check-ins regularly and my last one was this monday. all fine (my psychologist just raised an eyebrow, she isnt used to ppl reporting in saying "hey thanks for the meds they make me worry less and since then I lost weight" cause they normally have people worry less and GAIN weight. but we talked about what I do and all fine ^^)

Just adapted my personal "scoresheet" and the forum thingy and thanks to you all for just... telling me its okay to take it and run on

Last edited by PatPat; 07-19-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

That's great PatPat! I have found that I am cooking and prepping ALOT. Don't feel alone, there are plenty of people on here that must take anti-depressants. We all feel that way sometimes. That's what is beautiful about 3fat chicks....someone on here will be able to relate to you..
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #11  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
You just didn't add back enough calories, because trust me, at a high-enough calorie level you won't lose any more weight. And at some point you'll gain, eeek!

But I like your current plan, deep breaths, you're doing great!
yeah, I really dont want to overeat again

but 1300 is way okay for my size.

I am at the height of an average (nowadays) 11-14 year old girl. I stick to the calorie limit of very obese average women that need to lose weight badly though.

in between that, 1300 cant be that bad for a start

I know, if I went back to eating 3 "average human" portions of a self cooked meal in one go, I would for sure be back on the "enough calories to gain" train.

but I am very happy the way it is now.... and absolutely satisfied too.

so, what if I just accept these losses? will the diet fairy smack me with a stick one time or another?

well maybe. but you encoraged me to just palm her to a wall and face wherever I go ^^
Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #12  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacyt74 View Post
That's great PatPat! I have found that I am cooking and prepping ALOT. Don't feel alone, there are plenty of people on here that must take anti-depressants. We all feel that way sometimes. That's what is beautiful about 3fat chicks....someone on here will be able to relate to you..
yeah... people are just the weirdest thing ever.

I think that is a great thing

and I think everyone should just be whoever they are. I deal with a lot of folks that are somewhat different in some way or another. I meet way to many folks that feel bad about who and what they are. that is just... sad. no matter if people are fat or too skinny (yes, one of my friends, an active archeologist, has probs putting enough stuff in herself to face the 12+ hours of digging and shoveling and running she must do a day) , nerds or just "idk" folks, people with big hearts or folks that never learned to love....

I kinda like all of them for who they are.

pretty much it is empathy that lead me into depression, and it is empathy that gets me out of it. well aint that great

(btw I still have probs if my best buddy hits the McD drive through at 3pm after having to endure me ... for several hours (including a CSD and clothes shooping frenzy... poor dude!)... I am still unfair to him saying "REALLY? YOU KNOW I CANT EAT FOR 2 MORE HOURS!!!. but then I apologize and tell him... please turn around, I am so sorry, but I told you I get these eating pangs 1-2 hours before I can eat.... you know I can be a dick. and he wholeheartedly agrees ^^)
and he turns around, orders something big at McD... and then says "now you cook your dinner, I be saving that McD but coming up to your flat at five so we can eat together" )

people are awesome.

I need to have more of that kind in my daily life

Last edited by PatPat; 07-19-2014 at 07:01 PM.