100 lb. Club - Windsor Pilattes. What a work out!

karefree2
07-25-2003, 04:22 PM
:) A friend of mine just got the cd's and I did the instructional one with her this morning. LOL! I was sweating just doing that one so I can't imagine how the 20 minute version or the (gasp!) advanced one would be!

Have any of you done these and what have been your results?

TIA:)

SuchAPrettyFace
07-27-2003, 01:38 PM
I would LOVE to do Winsor Pilates. I can't find anyone around here to do it w/me. :(

karefree2
07-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I did the basic routine again yesterday. To be honest, I am not sure that I am doing it right. Many of the positions require you to be almost in a ball. When I am in that position there is an abundance of fat in the way and it is difficult to tell if I am sucking my belly button in toward my spine when I am compressed in that manner. I'll let you know if I get any results. After 2 session I am not feeling anything while my friend said she was feeling it in her abs after the first session. So, we'll see, I guess.

suzie76
07-27-2003, 09:36 PM
I have the Pilates for Dummies tape-watched a bit, couldn't do the regular positions OR the modifications. Maybe after I lose more weight? My weight isn't really in my stomach, though. Perhaps I'll try it again this week. I'm just not flexible. I can't do yoga either....even when I was skinny I wasn't flexible. I'm also trying to concentrate more on strength training and aerobics. I've started using The Firm tapes-wow! Supposedly you can have "visible results in ten workouts." I'll let you know!

Sherry

karefree2
07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Sherry, Please do let me know how the Firm works for you. I have never done them myself but I have heard that they are very rigorous.