Old 07-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #1  

Default THIRD try? This is embarrassing !

I'm embarking on my third voyage on the SS Weight Watchers... I'm a little embarrassed about it and kinda irritated with myself because I've always had great success with the program. My problem is that after 4-5 months, I start thinking "I've got this" and I quit the paid program thinking I can do it on my own. Well that lasts about 2 weeks and then I go off the rails all over again.

This time I just plain need to stay on the paid program. I can not do it myself and I have to just accept that and let it be ok.

So here I am... I'm ready to go. Pretty excited that my insurance plan is picking up the tab!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi Kitten...

If it makes you feel any better, this is my eighth or ninth try at WW. I love the quote: "it doesn't matter how slowly we go as long as we do not stop." -Confucius.

Maybe try to think about what part of WW works best for you? For me it's a combination of group support and tracking online. The online support is ok for me, I prefer the group support. When I was in OA, I was asked a few times when starting with a sponsor, "what's going to be different this time?" It's a challenging and thought provoking question. Ask yourself, are you ready to commit to tracking or following Simple Start? Or are you ready to lose weight? Don't hesitate to reach out to others for support.

Hugs, hang in there.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

This is my 4th or 5th attempt at WW so don't beat yourself up about it. It is what it is.

I agree with Seabiscuit. I like group atmosphere at the meetings (I go to 2 sometimes 3 a week!) and I've decided that I want continue going to meetings even after making lifetime.

Good luck!
kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #4  

I don't think I'll do the meetings. I might be the one person in the world who does better WITHOUT a real-live in your face support system. It seems like if I tell people they start looking at my waistline too much... and the instant they can see a change (or not) they start making a fuss about how great I'm doing... and for some reason that isn't motivating to me. It feels patronizing. I love this website, I love the online WW groups. I just don't like the people in my daily life to know I'm trying to lose weight. Away from the internet, I'm just an extremely private person.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

This is my third time on WW too. Maybe it will be lucky for both of us. Unfortunately, I'm not doing the paid program. Just can't afford it at this time. But I still have the calculator and materials from the last time I tried...about 18 months ago. So we'll see what happens. My first weigh in is Thursday (I even bought the scale the last time around, for at home - glad I did now.) then I found this forum and joined. *bites fingernails* We'll see if I've lost anything.

Good luck to you!

Dakota
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/203/185

Height: 5'11

I've done ww on and off since I was 12! I stuck with it for a year and lost 50 lbs. Then I had the same idea, that I could maintain on my own. Well that was 13 years ago and since then I have gained and lost those 50 lbs several times. I've tried everything. This time I'm determined to stick with the program even when I hit my goal. It's a lifestyle change. So even when you hit your goal you have to stay with the program. We all learn from our mistakes and do better the next time around. You got this!
giraffegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

The meetings I attend, we have a regular leader and a once a month sub leader.

It took our sub leader 3 tries to finally get it!

It took me 2 times to get it.

The program works, but we all have to figure out, how to make it work best for us.

I like meetings, and the accountability. Plus, my group is great.

But, when they say, get a work out partner, I'm like, NOT! I alternate days with 5 mile walks, and free weight lifting.

When I'm lifting, I do not need distraction. Walking, is "ME" time. Mostly, except for my one barn cat that thinks he needs to come hang with me.

What I finally realized, is, it's a good program, that gives us the tools, then it's up to us, to take the tools, and figure out how to make it work for us.

In September, 3 years of maintaining. The biggest thing I learned is be patient with yourself and the process.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi Kitten...
Maybe try to think about what part of WW works best for you? For me it's a combination of group support and tracking online. T
Hugs, hang in there.
Amy
What works for me is the ActiveLink. I also have a fitbit one, but I find it's not as motivating
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/ticker/164

Height: 5'8"

I am starting over for the 4th time for similar reasons! I've never had more success than I have on WW so I'm not sure why I keep quitting.
robotfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #10  

I lost count at the amount of times I have joined. That is excellent your insurance is picking up the tab- I should look into that!
caitbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #11  
Betsey

S/C/G: 232.2/185.5/160

Height: 5'10

It's my third time as well, but they do say third times a charm! :-)
bt2155 is offline   Reply With Quote