Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #1  
Purplelover19

S/C/G: 174/148/135

Height: 5"3in

Talking Hello Looking to make some friends

Hi I have been on this site for about a week and thought I should introduce myself now and tell you my story. I'm 20 years old now. joined weight watchers last year about a year and a half ago. have lost about 27 pounds so far. having some trouble losing the last 10 to 12 pounds. was looking for some motivation some encouragement. used to get it from my family but its kinda dwindled quite a bit. well you probably want to know how all this started the weight gain that is. actually this isn't your typical story. I was actually thin for most of my life all through elementary school and junior high school but high school well that's where things started to go wrong. freshman year was ok but the last three years of high my weight went up.. 120 to 130 to 140 to 150 to 160 to 170 to 174. my weight kept on going up and up. between sophomore year and graduation I gained probably 30 to 35 pounds. the problem was the cafeteria with the candy store and me almost every day getting something from there. some days I would go back there two or three times to get something from the candy rack. one thing I can tell you is that I have always loved food and loved to eat up until high school that was something I could do without worrying about my weight. also was the snacking at home constantly. sometimes I would stuff myself so much with snacks and feel just terrible and I would still eat dinner anyway. cant tell you how may nights I did that. I was a big emotional eater too. in fact, that is something I still struggle with now. Although even with all that under my belt, it wasn't until my mom announced she and my dad were splitting up that the real trouble began. I sank into such a deep depression food was the only thing that made life seem good or bearable. and when I say deep depression I am not kidding I felt bad every day. I pretty much lost enthusiasim for life in general. to this day I still consider it the worst time of my life. fast forward to February 2013 my mom had noticed my weight gain in fact my whole family had, and she forced me to do something about it: join weight watchers. she was already on the plan and had been pretty successful with it. she asked me if I would join, just to try it out, to tell you truth, I said yes just so she would leave me alone about it. but I had no idea just how good it work. you see, I hadn't really had much faith in weight watchers. I had tried to lose weight so many times before and then quit if I wasn't losing weight fast enough so I thought the same thing would happen this time. little did I know, weight watchers was the miracle I had been waiting for. and I did learn that weight loss is not a fast process. it takes time and effort as well. so that first week I was committed even though I didn't have much faith in it, I thought I may as well give it a shot, if nothing else, at least to show my mom I tried. so I cut back on afternoon snacks (that was so so difficult), reduced my portions, started measuring stuff out, started eating healthier foods mixed with some indulgences. fast forward to the end of the week the weigh in time. I didn't wanna get my hopes up about it and be disappointed so I simply didn't do that. was I in for surprise, I lost almost 4 pounds that week!! to say, I was blown away was an understatement. I hadn't really expected to lose anything really. that was a big motivator I tried just as hard the next week, and lost another 2 pounds. needless to say, I was convinced weight watchers was a good decision. I was grateful to my mom for making me do it in the first place. anyway, fast forward to present day and I am down 26 pounds. I actually reached that milestone in august of last year but my motivation has been dwindiing somewhat. I think maybe I have some underlying fear that the lower my weight gets the harder it will be to keep off. I would like to get over that and lose the 12 pounds or so and get to my goal of 135, right now I am at 147 or so. well that's my story, sorry it was kind of long, but I wanted to give all the details. anyway, if anyone has any advice or wants to be friends with me, I would be really happy! thanks!
Purple1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #2  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hiiiii

Thanks for sharing your story. I think it's great that you gave WW a try and ended up loving it. You can't knock something until you try it, right?

Keep up the great work and I'd love to help motivate you if you need it (I'm sure others here will to). You can do this. Make a point to be a little active (3 times a week, at least) and your progress can speed up. If you don't feel like being active, just become disciplined with your points and be patient - you will get there

Last edited by SophiasMom; 07-06-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Grammar errors due to iPad auto correct lol
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #3  
Purplelover19

S/C/G: 174/148/135

Height: 5"3in

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. That really helps me. Good luck to you too on your weight loss journey
Purple1993 is offline   Reply With Quote