Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/3/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

what do you guys do to fill the time and not nibble...if breakfast is like at 0630 am and you now have to wait for lunch at 12
Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
what do you guys do to fill the time and not nibble...if breakfast is like at 0630 am and you now have to wait for lunch at 12
If I eat an early breakfast then I will eat an early lunch if I am hungry. What I did yesterday when I had breakfast early was have the IP lunch packet earlier than normal (it was the chicken patty) and then I had the 2 cups of veggies a little later. Then dinner and snack as normal. It worked out really well for me. The only time I was hungry was before I ate the chicken patties because I tried to wait until lunchtime to eat it. (Which is how I ended up splitting the lunch and veggies...I knew I needed to eat the IP packet asap.)

So, breakfast was around 6:45 ish...ip packet was about 10:45 us (which is 4 hours...no wonder I was getting hungry)...veggies around 12:30ish, and then dinner at 5, snack at 8.

Last edited by nat1015; 07-03-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
I clean something! Keeps me busy and is productive at the same time.

If you're hungry - keep a bowl or baggie of lettuce at hand and munch on that. If lettuce doesn't sound appetizing then you probably aren't hungry. I had gotten so used to mindless munching whether I was hungry or not that it was a really hard habit to break. I went through a lot of lettuce in P1!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
If I eat an early breakfast then I will eat an early lunch if I am hungry. What I did yesterday when I had breakfast early was have the IP lunch packet earlier than normal (it was the chicken patty) and then I had the 2 cups of veggies a little later. Then dinner and snack as normal. It worked out really well for me. The only time I was hungry was before I ate the chicken patties because I tried to wait until lunchtime to eat it. (Which is how I ended up splitting the lunch and veggies...I knew I needed to eat the IP packet asap.)

So, breakfast was around 6:45 ish...ip packet was about 10:45 us (which is 4 hours...no wonder I was getting hungry)...veggies around 12:30ish, and then dinner at 5, snack at 8.
that is a really good idea. i am working from home today...... so will go and prepare my salad..... have that around 1030 i guess and my bar at noon. its just an adjustment i know...... I HAVE TO ADMIT .... i was upstairs to make a hot coffee and i CAVED..... i took a single wedge of laughing cow.. I WILL BURN FOR THIS I JUST KNOW IT ....... .... but i will use your idea tomorrow thanks for that
Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I clean something! Keeps me busy and is productive at the same time.

If you're hungry - keep a bowl or baggie of lettuce at hand and munch on that. If lettuce doesn't sound appetizing then you probably aren't hungry. I had gotten so used to mindless munching whether I was hungry or not that it was a really hard habit to break. I went through a lot of lettuce in P1!
good idea..... since i am off tomorrow i will use the lettuce or early salad idea and clean ... LOL........ you are so right in saying you munch mindlessly... it truly is a habit.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Movin on down

I know BMI is not the most accurate measure of health, but I just realized with my last weigh in I moved from the obese category to just overweight. YAY for being overweight!! I wonder if that's ever been posted to this forum before?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #8  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
If you are home and able to make one or two egg whites with chopped romaine lettuce in it, you'll feel better. Add some salt and pepper. You can prepare it ahead of time to eat at work. Sometimes I add a few drops of hot pepper sauce if I am looking for something savory. The added boost of protein will leave you feeling better.

I couldn't sleep this morning and had my breakfast rather early....I too will probably have an egg white so I am not waiting too long between meals. As Ruth Ann mentioned...a bit of chopped lettuce will do in a pinch...maybe add a splash of fresh lemon juice and sea salt....you'll be surprised it will be satisfying. I have found that salads had so much junk on them in the past I really had no idea that lettuce prepared simply is very tasty and pleasant.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
If you are home and able to make one or two egg whites with chopped romaine lettuce in it, you'll feel better. Add some salt and pepper. You can prepare it ahead of time to eat at work. Sometimes I add a few drops of hot pepper sauce if I am looking for something savory. The added boost of protein will leave you feeling better.

I couldn't sleep this morning and had my breakfast rather early....I too will probably have an egg white so I am not waiting too long between meals. As Ruth Ann mentioned...a bit of chopped lettuce will do in a pinch...maybe add a splash of fresh lemon juice and sea salt....you'll be surprised it will be satisfying. I have found that salads had so much junk on them in the past I really had no idea that lettuce prepared simply is very tasty and pleasant.
will do!!! i am all out of egg whites... so will pick some up today. thanks for the tip
Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I know BMI is not the most accurate measure of health, but I just realized with my last weigh in I moved from the obese category to just overweight. YAY for being overweight!! I wonder if that's ever been posted to this forum before?
You gave me my morning laugh, pishposh! Yes, I, too, was excited when I moved to being 'merely' overweight just a bit back! Now I am working towards becoming 'normal'...

I realize that many consider the current accepted BMI calculation to be outdated and inaccurate but I enjoy using them as a measuring stick for progress.

So, yes, yea for being overweight....
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Great advice given already. What I found is that I didn't need to add more food but just split up the food I was eating into smaller portions (I have a really hard time eating 8 oz protein and 2 cups veggies in one sitting....P2 will be a challenge!).

So I separate my food out:

IP packet (or alt) + coffee for breakfast
Early lunch with 2c veggies & 4 oz protein
IP packet for midday snack
Dinner with 2c veggies & 4 oz protein
IP packet after dinner or a few hours later (especially if I am working
late)
Old 07-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post

JUST did the early salad thing... and omg i feel so much better.. thanks for the tip..... now i still have my bar and hot coffee to look forward to at noon
Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #13  

I was really hungry the other day (hmmm, USA soccer game was on...stress related?). Any way, I brewed a cup of herbal tea. Gave me something to do with my hands and mouth and allowed me to hold off until my next meal. Also, I go to work early. I try to bring something easy to have for breakfast a little later at work so I don't have as long to wait for lunch. So far, it's worked for me. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #14  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! That's great advice. I also have trouble eating the 8 oz and veggies together. Great idea to split them. I am on day 6 today and I'm a little disappointed as I got in the scale at home. Doesn't even seem like the needle has budged a bit! WI is tomorrow and I was hoping and expecting a surprise but not anymore
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/159 RESTART: 170/167/130

Height: 5'5

Question Hungry!

Does anyone have any good recipes for salad dressings that are not WF? I am not keen on any of them and I'm having a hard time sticking to lettuce when I don't have anything to put on it. Other than lettuce, are there any other "free foods" to munch on?

I actually forgot my salad & veggies at home this morning so I am dying for food! All I've had is coffee and IP shake mixture this morning that I'm still sipping on since 8 (trying to make it last). I brought my bag of IP foods but I'm trying to hold out on using one until lunch. I am soooo hungry and actually light headed. The supplements also make me feel weird I find. Does this happen to anyone else?

Last edited by TessaLynn; 07-03-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread