South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thuddenly Thurthday - July 3

Slow down week! This feels like Tuesday! And tomorrow is July 4th! Do we have any Beachers who are NOT north Americans? Maybe we can cram another national holiday into this week.

We sure are into summer now. The good news is that the 90º days are drying up the fields so the poor farmers have a chance at getting a fall crop. The first plantings were flooded out and the fields too wet to work. Lots of grouching and grumbling but they do have reason.

Things are going well at the Mill with the staff and we finally received some of the grant money. The Mill is very hot so I moved some fans down there - not authentic but really essential. Stone buildings heat up slowly but sure stay that way a long time.

All the schoolwork for the Fair is now collected and was partially sorted yesterday. This morning we'll get it moved upstairs and ready for judging - not "we" but Carolyn to do the carrying and me to do the pointing. I just cannot hack the stairs more than once with my rotten knees.

Just took some garbage out and it seems much cooler than yesterday's 94ºF. Looking forward to a more moderate end to the week with no severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings.

What are your plans for the Fourth? Maybe we can move our festivities to July 2 1/2 next year. Who do we write?

Have a lovely day whatever you do.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It is an absolutely gorgeous morning here, I turned off the A/C and opened the windows. I am sure the sitter will be closing up again!

I have another staff meeting today, and a couple of staff politely informed me I need to feed them . So, subway it is, but I'm trying not to eat grains, so I made a big batch of texas caviar. There's some vegetarians and healthy eaters there, so I think it will be liked. I won't mention the blueberry bars though.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love today's title, Ruth! There is plenty of thunder here on this Thursday morning, and it looks like it will be a stormy day. It's only making the heat and humidity worse, though. It feels like you're being smothered under a hot, wet, blanket outside. I'm really glad part of your grant money came through!

We don't have any plans for today, but I do know we have to do some shopping for the girls' upcoming trip to Kentucky and then get ready for camp. Today may be a good day to take care of all that. I know Maggie is anxious to make some Peanut Butter Oatmeal Coconut No Bakes for their bake sale on Saturday, so that may be the plan, too.

Well, I'm going to get my salad ready, just in case we don't go out. Have a super day and stay cool!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Island People (my cousins) just popped in on their way to Picton for a tour. They will be stopping at the lavender farm and wanted to know if I needed anything. We had a quick coffee (milk for the kids) and they are on their way. Sometimes I resent drop-ins but this was a good visit - and quick.

Sure hope darned Arthur decides not to drop in on the East Coast tomorrow. It's not fair!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm working out today with my mom instead of tomorrow. Then an errand or two.

I liked the new doc I saw yesterday. In a couple of weeks I see him again to try an injection in my hip joint. (Sounds like a big ouch to me.) Then a week after that I'll start physical therapy on my hip. So glad he didn't suggest surgery as initial treatment.

I'm working every day this long weekend. Not sure if DH and I will do anything 4th related or not.

Enjoy your day.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. I stopped by earlier but no one had started the daily chat and I wasn't creative enough to come up with a catchy title. It's a bit cooler here today, sunny right now but there are threats of thunderstorms later, although they have been saying that all week and we've dodged them all.

Today I need to do some inside cleaning as we are having friends over for dinner. The plan is to grill so I hope the weather holds. And I hope the forecasters are wrong about the path of Arthur!!

Ruth, let's hear it for short and sweet visits from relatives!
Tammy, I was excited to visit a subway last year and find out you can get any sub made into a "chopped salad". My kids love to go there and now I feel like I have more options.
Cottage, sounds like you will find enough to fill your day. Are you taking lessons from Ruth on how to "take it easy"?
Karen, hope you find some relief.

Ok, smoothie and laundry time. Have a great day chicks!!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-03-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So glad this is my Friday, DH wants to go the fair tonight I will see how I feel when I get home from work.

Eating has been OP and the scale is moving and clothes fitting better again, now just to keep it up long term.

I am such a klutz yesterday slipped down the stairs to the basement and caught myself with my bad arm so it is sore again today instead of better.

Sounds like everyone has great plans and activities planned. I hope that Arthur misses the East Coast tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick fly by while eating lunch. I too am a big fan of Subways chopped salads. They are great in a pinch or when too hot and lazy to cook lol.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Greetings from the middle of a big thunderstorm. I hope it's less humid on the other side.

Happy long weekend!
Closed Thread