Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Wednesday 7/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #2  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quiet in here today! Looks like everyone is getting a jump on the holiday weekend (or recovering from yesterday's holiday!)

First weigh in today- holy glycogen stores, Batman! I had similar results the first time around, so I am not really surprised. I know I released gallons of fluid, I suddenly have ankles and wrists again. Now, to make it through the holiday without any damage.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies
I hope everyone is doing well! I so enjoy reading your posts every day!! I'm doing good 100% OP. I don't really have much of an appetite these days. I'm tired of being in pain and not knowing what it is from. First the doctors thought it was my back, but then my X Rays showed kidney stones. I went to the urologist yesterday and he's not 100% convinced that is what is causing my pain. My kidneys look great, blood tests came back and everything is great, X Ray and CT showed I have calculi in my ureter, he doesn't see a blockage anywhere. He does think I may have stones but isn't convinced that it is causing my back pain. So I went for an MRI this morning. In the mean time I am taking meds to break up kidney stones and catching my urine in a net thingy. fun fun.

I stopped taking the pain med because it was causing the big C. Anyway, I'd just like to know the root cause of this pain.

I am not supposed to be developing problems. I am losing weight and getting healthy!!!

But on the bright side I have stayed 100% compliant!! And refuse to let this deter me.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yes, definitely recovering from the weekend - I went to bed at 6:30 last night and slept right through til 5:30 alarm (DH's work) this morning. I feel pretty close to human now...
After getting only 3 hours sleep in 57 hours (thanks to work & prior volunteer commitments) I was pretty close to dead. They even wanted to know if I would like another 6 hour afternoon shift yesterday. I haven't felt so jet lagged since returning from a trip to Philippines & Japan 12 years ago!

Weight is up a bit but I'm not surprised since my TOM is a few days late thanks to stress and schedule upsets... I am soooo looking forward to dropping the bloat! Not changing my ticker - I REFUSE! lol

Later today I am heading into the big city just over an hour away where my SIL is doing her Spa Esthetician course to be her test model for tinting of brows & waxing legs & bikini. Right now I have to wear a maxi dress, lol. Looking somewhat like a gorilla, and way too warm for the maxi at 33 degrees. Maybe the extra poundage is actually hair, and I will instantly be 3 pounds lighter. I wish!

Liana
Old 07-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

TXTW....did you lose 14 lbs this week??????? That is CRAZY and awesome!

It is quiet here. Today was my two-week visit to my IP coach. She is very nice, but I really don't receive any coaching that I don't get 100-fold on here. Anyway....my weigh-in went well today and I am now 9 pounds away to my goal! My weekly losses are slowing, which I knew they would....so I just have to work on patience because I'm not going to be dropping 3+ pounds a week.

I don't think my brain has caught up yet with my loss (I've heard people who've lost weight say that before but didn't understand it). I really think I could lose more than 10 more pounds, but I want to stick with my original goal for now and then decide.

My best news is that I just purchased a Groupon for a local gym just 2 minutes from my house! Today was the last day for the Groupon, so I feel very lucky I discovered it as it is a really good deal for 6 months only. It has FREE childcare (a must for me), a lap pool with family fun hours, a sauna, a whirpool, nautilus machines/cardio machines/free weights (of course), and a TON of group classes like pilates, zumba, yoga, watercardio, etc.

I am SUPER excited!!! I did make a plan with my coach just to start with stretching/muscle building type work-outs and stay away from cardio on P1.

I cannot believe how excited I am to start working out! I was very fit once upon a time, and felt so discouraged for the past 4 years with this extra weight.

Big mental hurdle is I finally weigh less than I have since before I got pregnant with my twins. So, it's less than I have weighed in practically 5 years!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great going, finding the gym Groupon. I love that site. We've gotten lots of good stuff on there from a boudoir photo shoot I did as a present to my DH, to travel, great condos & hotels, a lovely down alternative duvet, etc. Such great deals!

Liana
Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #7  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I did. Madness, I know. My body is crazy efficient- it stores carbs like a boss, and the water to go with it. It is already so much easier to move around, now that my limbs are not blown up like water balloons.

Kelly- has anyone looked at your gallbladder? I can't remember if you've said your pain is on the right or the left- GB is on your right and can manifest as back pain. I just had my GB out last month, and the pain I experienced before surgery was horrible. So sorry you're in pain, I really feel for you. The first time I went to the ER with my GB they sent me home as it "wasn't an emergency"- I cried the entire time they were discharging me, I could hardly function. Pain meds only took the edge off slightly. Hoping they can figure this out for you soon, it really does take a huge toll on your well being.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #8  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

edited for IP:

Wednesday Sabotage: I know it isn't on P1, but I want just one cookie (or fill in the blank!).

Response: If I have one, I’ll want another one. And another one after that. The craving won’t go away just because I have "one." It’s true I’m unsatisfied now, but I’m still going to be unsatisfied after one, two, etc., so I might as well not start.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
Kelly- has anyone looked at your gallbladder? I can't remember if you've said your pain is on the right or the left- GB is on your right and can manifest as back pain. I just had my GB out last month, and the pain I experienced before surgery was horrible. So sorry you're in pain, I really feel for you. The first time I went to the ER with my GB they sent me home as it "wasn't an emergency"- I cried the entire time they were discharging me, I could hardly function. Pain meds only took the edge off slightly. Hoping they can figure this out for you soon, it really does take a huge toll on your well being.
Yes, Kelly, definitely look into this and have them do an ultrasound to check, or maybe it will show up on the MRI. I dealt with gallbladder issues for YEARS, all through high school and college. I thought it was just back pain/gas, but I finally did some research and figured it out. Had the ultra sound and sure enough I had gall stones. I had flare ups multiple nights a week and had many sleepless nights, days missed from work spent pacing, doing weird yoga positions to try to get it to go away, to no avail. Finally got my GB removed in October and have felt great ever since. I've even had improved health overall, I used to get sinus infections like clockwork at every change of season, but since the surgery...poof...all of those issues are gone. Crazy how the body works. Anyway, definitely look into it if you haven't already, could be a possibility.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #10  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I dealt with gallbladder issues for YEARS, all through high school and college. I thought it was just back pain/gas, but I finally did some research and figured it out. Had the ultra sound and sure enough I had gall stones. I had flare ups multiple nights a week and had many sleepless nights, days missed from work spent pacing, doing weird yoga positions to try to get it to go away, to no avail.
Oh my God, this is me all over. I've been dealing with the pain on and off for twenty years. I could go a few years with no issues, but when it got geared up, look out. I put it off so long that it was on the verge of rupture when it finally came out. I can't believe how much better I feel now! Why did I do that to myself?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
I did. Madness, I know. My body is crazy efficient- it stores carbs like a boss, and the water to go with it. It is already so much easier to move around, now that my limbs are not blown up like water balloons.

They haven't mentioned my gallbladder...and the pain is on my right side
Wouldn't the CT scan or MRI show if it is that?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #12  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

It is quiet here. Today was my two-week visit to my IP coach. She is very nice, but I really don't receive any coaching that I don't get 100-fold on here. Anyway....my weigh-in went well today and I am now 9 pounds away to my goal! My weekly losses are slowing, which I knew they would....so I just have to work on patience because I'm not going to be dropping 3+ pounds a week.

I don't think my brain has caught up yet with my loss (I've heard people who've lost weight say that before but didn't understand it). I really think I could lose more than 10 more pounds, but I want to stick with my original goal for now and then decide.

My best news is that I just purchased a Groupon for a local gym just 2 minutes from my house! Today was the last day for the Groupon, so I feel very lucky I discovered it as it is a really good deal for 6 months only. It has FREE childcare (a must for me), a lap pool with family fun hours, a sauna, a whirpool, nautilus machines/cardio machines/free weights (of course), and a TON of group classes like pilates, zumba, yoga, watercardio, etc.

I am SUPER excited!!! I did make a plan with my coach just to start with stretching/muscle building type work-outs and stay away from cardio on P1.

I cannot believe how excited I am to start working out! I was very fit once upon a time, and felt so discouraged for the past 4 years with this extra weight.

Big mental hurdle is I finally weigh less than I have since before I got pregnant with my twins. So, it's less than I have weighed in practically 5 years!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
That's awesome to be so close to goal. Can't wait to get there. I understand about sticking to you goal weight. I set my goal about 10 lbs less then I really want to be. I want to have some playing room. I don't know if I can actually get down that low. I was about 10 lbs heavier then that a couple years ago and many people thought I was too thin. I will re think it when I get closer. Congrats on the Groupon.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #13  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well it's hard to imagine that the extra hours in my day aren't going to be a tough thing for this diet. I normally eat around 6 and I was pretty good even before IP about not eating anything after 7 (snacking on fruit maybe back in the day lol). Well I have been taking my dinner to work with me because I go in at 6. Well last night I was eating at like 10pm... it was just when I got around to it. I get to work and there is usually the big after work happy hour crowd drinking which on a Monday or Tuesday is where all the money is at! I need to figure out a different plan, but if I eat too early I'm going to be hungry again before I get off... My metabolism isn't adjusted for late nights and neither has my internal clock yet lol.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #14  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

txtw good job on your first week! I'm blown away!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #15  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
They haven't mentioned my gallbladder...and the pain is on my right side
Wouldn't the CT scan or MRI show if it is that?
One would think so- but if they are not looking for it, maybe not. Stones can be pretty small but if they get lodged in a bad place, very painful. You don't need to have a lot of them to experience pain- one is all it takes, depending on where it is. I would definitely cal your GP and raise the question, in light of the urologist's findings. Weight loss can bring them on or make them worse, so it wouldn't be unusual.

Let us know what your doc says!
Closed Thread