Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #14

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #14

gma22
07-25-2003, 07:34 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN # 14

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to loose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.

gma22
07-25-2003, 07:39 AM
Hey girls, there is only one post for today on #13 and that is I. I copied and pasted to this one, but lost my smileys and would have had to do the whole thing over and phooey on that so you will just have to read me on #13!

Faye

PheonixRising
07-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Okay, I'm going to take Peek's and Pam's advice and start posting here too. I've lurked a little on this thread, but not enough to be current. Anyway, I'll give all of you a quick about me-I'm 33, married with one child. (My daughter is 4) As you can see, I live in Colorado-what you can't see is that the town is very small (abt. 400ppl) and it is 60 miles to most everything from here. I live very close to the WY border. My weight has been up and down most of my life, but I used to be me nearer the 250s then the 350s. I've gained about 100lbs. since getting married and having my daughter. I'm now trying to lose, sometimes more dilligently than others.

I will be attending college in the fall-most likely part time. I say most likely because I have big goals, but a family and school is, yep you guessed it 60 miles away. I plan on getting an accounting certificate first and then to go on to eventually be a Veterinarian. Big plans, I know. :lol:

So, my life is busy, but whose isn't? I look forward to getting to know all you ladies. I have been up all night right now, so I'm sure I've left all sorts of things out, but for now that will just have to do. :p

Have a good day all!!!

Satine
07-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Morning Sunshine's...:yawn: I am so tired this morning, well my husbands friend in the navy just got back from Iraq and they
have a bunch of catching up to do, so they kept me up...no biggie'
it was great to see him, alive and safe...:angel: :cb: :cp:

Debbie, thanks for your encouraging words, my problem is that
I dont like veggies ( my mom used to try so hard ), I will try to
incorporate what I can stand though, like broccoli and caul. and
salads with veggies...Now I do remember you saying about the
biscuits and gravy, now I dont feel so bad :lol: :D :)

Welcome Pheonix Rising!!!! Stick around...:wave: :dance:

Oh and as far as Pounds down for Friday, from my last few postings you know that I have gained two pounds this week, I have resolved to get those off next week and move on...boy but it was great eating what I wanted, but being thinner will feel
even better...right? Exactly!! :goodvibes :grouphug: :high:

Peek - how are you doing today? Better check in or Faye will be after you, ha :rollpin: :stars:
just kidding .... :D

Faye - thanks for the come back welcome...I was feeling discouraged but my back feels a little bit better everyday so I am excited about getting back on track...

YEAH, it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carri
SW 246
CW 225.5
GW 135
:hun: It is only 7:58a and I am already hungry, see ya!

Honeyrose29
07-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well.. Here I am and I have been on the scale today.. but Im not saying a word.:ziplip: I have a Dr appt at 1:20 today so I am hoping my scale is wrong and his is a little nicer. Then I'll post my weight..even if it is bad. :lol:

I got all 4 points yesterday. 2 for OP, 1- Water, 1- Exercise. :dancer:

Welcome pheonix rising. Very nice to meet you and have you with us :)

Carri...Im so glad to hear one of our soldiers is home safe and sound. I bet he's thrilled to be back!

I'll pop in later.. but no weight until after I get back from the Dr. lol

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi Faye! I noticed you were gone lady! :D Welcome back... yesterday I couldn't get onto the site at all, am I the only one ? It said "this page is unavailable" yadda yadda...

So I get all 4 for Wednesday, and 3 for yesterday, I worked out both days, did my water, and was OP until last night when we decided to hit the Cold Stone Creamery.. :p that was bad.

I had yesterday off too, state holiday. Now today I have to go to work, and it's friday, that makes a lot of sense eh ? :p Well, since it's a holiday weekend, I have no sitter, so my kids are going to work with me, should be interesting :lol:

I know how you feel Faye, I missed only one day, and I can't go back and reply to everyone , haha! Sorry for all the extra chat on there... Have a good day ladies! hi to everyone ! :D

Honeyrose, don't get discouraged, good luck today!

Oh, was yesterday weigh ins too ? 125. I am pretty much just fluctuating around at this point, no idea what I really weigh :p

pjkdreamer
07-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Happy Weekend all!

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 2pts for program, 0 for exercise (couldnt fit into am routine, with Dr appt and all, so I will just do it on Sunday this wk, in order to get in my 6 days. felt good before, but yesterday when I had my weigh in I was literally on :cloud9: I am respecting myself more and more everyday. that is not something I did at all "in my past life" I am becoming a person of honesty and integrity now, not saying I was not a good person before, I just wasnt the real me! I feel more authentic now, and not so self-absorbed, I was wallowing in my own self pity and misery, dying inside, yet wanting to let the real me out, kept stuffing her back in with food!! not anymore...I have arrived!!!! and I love it in this new place!:cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer:

honeyrose...my thoughts are with you today on your weigh in!! :wave:

Amanda, so glad you finally joined us, welcome sweets!! will give us more encouragement!! we can have even more to talk about!!:dizzy: :D

Carri, Satine and Faye and all the rest of you "wonder women" have a good day! stay:strong:

sw 356 June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 :D as of weigh in yesterday! down 19.5 lbs
look out August 31st challenge here I come!!
next goal:10 more lbs by 8/31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal 130 and I AM GOING TO DO IT! AND SO ARE YOU!

mugirl213
07-25-2003, 10:18 AM
OK good morning everyone!!! How are we all doing? I am a little downtrodden today. Yesterdays points are a 1 for me for totally blowing my plan and slacking on water. it's been a stressful week at work and its taking it's toll on me. What can you do though?

I'm also unhappy to announce that I am at 153lbs. and have consquently gained a pound. :( I am a little sad about that. It's frustrating b/c I have been about 4 out of 7 on the calorie count days and only TOTALLY blowing it one or two days a week, if that. Plus I've been at the gym for 5-6 days a week for 3 weeks and gaining a pound feels like a giant set back.

I know it's nothing, so I'm gonna try to get over it.

Welcome back carri and peek and a new welcome to phoenix. I love the name, it's very clever! We did miss everyone, I think that no one wanted to make anyone feel bad for being absent. So welcome back sweeties!

I had a good breakfast this morning...1 cup of Better 'n Eggs...100 cal for a cup, plus a piece of toast...35 cal. Not a bad breakfast. Of course I added a little jelly and a little ketchup for the eggs. Totally made it! Hopefully today will be OP. I'm having a subway sub for lunch I think!

Adios amigos...debbie, good luck with the weigh in...and wasn't it you who was thinking of trying veggie burgers? How did it go?

mugirl213
07-25-2003, 10:20 AM
PAM CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!

I think our posts crossed in cyber space! :P

gma22
07-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Darn you guys, I griped about you not posting your points and you all do it at once! So with that being said, ignore my chastisement and check at the bottom of the post!

BIG BLUE WELCOME TO AMANDA! It is great to see you here and what a gorgeous lady you are! Congrat on going back to school! Join in to whatever you feel like, the current challenge is 10 lbs off by August 31st. If you have questions about the points and want to join in just ask away and there is the topic everyday to join in on too! We do everything here but EAT!

OK! POINTS FOR TODAY LADIES. WHERE ARE THEY?:shrug:

THURSDAYS POINTS (I JUST MOVED THEM FROM THE OTHER THREAD

Missy: YOU GET A: :high:for your 2 points. Good work! Don't sweat over the food just do better today!

Sarah:YOU GET A: :bravo: for your points. That is spectacular!

Debbie: YOU GET A: :high: for points yesterday. Good for you!

Me, I GET A: :high: as I actually got all my points yesterday and Thursdays would be a .

Tonya: YOU GET A: :bravo: for your points! YOu are doing great, just have to stay away from the lasagna! :(

This fat old lady got ambitious this morning, walked 1 1/2 miles which of course killed my right hip, but I just kept at it! I got tired of looking at all the debris on the deck so decided to sweep, but got carried away (as usual when I clean! :lol: ) and I trimmed all the bushes and raked up all the debris, twigs, leaves etc, used the blower (which weighs a ton and should firm up these flabby arms some!:lol: ) and blew all the junk together, picked it all up, swept, then cleaned the chairs and patio table, then tackled the BBQ grill and cleaned it with Windex. WHEW, I am pooped, but it is a good pooped. Now why the heck didn't I do this yesterday when I had no tv? DUHHHHHHHH! It is hot and sticky here so I should get extra points for using the sauna and working out at the same time! ;)

I am in the groove again so I want to go with the flow! I get this way sometimes and go gangbusters. Oh, btw, 2 lbs down for me this week even with the crappy eating. Thank heavens for exercise!

Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: whoohoo way to go girl!

Tonya: YOU GET A: :cp: for points yesterday. Great going girl, keep it up!

Pam: YOU GET A: :cp: for yesterday. I am so glad things are turning around for you! I told you positive thinking is the very best way to go!

Missy: YOU GET A: :flow2: for points yesterday. Please don't stress out over this or you will quit! You can do this. You must understand though, that more than likely the only way you are going to lose the weight is not to cheat or go over cal at all! The toughest job is to lose 20-40 lbs and because you have such a small calorie base, even going over a little will make you gain. Just keep thinking how good you are going to feel when you get to goal. I am going to e-mail you something to put on your fridge and to put at your desk at work to keep you motivated!

Peeky poo: I have missed you this morning. I was thinking about you when I was huffing and puffing around the complex this AM! Wishing you were here with me so we could share in the agony! :lol:

I need to get in the shower. I feel and probably smell like a dock worker!

Faye :dizzy:

Honeyrose29
07-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Missy!!! You and I are about the same weight. I, too, get so discouraged and blow my diet big when I do decide to blow it. We can do this together.. I'll pull you and you can pull me (or kick as the case may be :lol: ) I really dislike being a size 10/12/14 depending on how well I like to breathe or if I ate before getting dressed. Lets help each other stay OP.. ok??

The veggie burgers never made it into my cart.. I bought skinny cows and forgot the burgers! Sometimes I am just so weak. I have to go back to the grocery today and pick up a few things I forgot yday.. so I will surely buy them this time.

Tonya.. nice to see you back. I had the problem getting on yesterday too. It was like that all afternoon for me. Started working here again about 5 pm eastern. I hope you had a nice day off and really enjoyed yourself.

Faye.. congrats on the 2lb loss!! :cp: I am so proud of you and of all of us for doing our best!

Pam.. I am so glad you are feeling better with and in yourself. That is so important and I look forward to feeling that way again! It will only get better :)

Ok.. I need to go shower before the Dr appt. This is my post op checkup since my surgery was a bit over 6 weeks ago. I sure hope he says everything is all good. I'm really ready to have this behind me!

Laterzzzzzzzz

Satine
07-25-2003, 11:09 AM
I hear all of you guys talking about these "skinny cows" - where do you find them? I have looked and cannot find any, what store are you getting these at?
Maybe if I cannot find them I will just have to eat the WW low fat ice creams...I used to do the points system for WW and am thinking about doing it again, but I found it wasnt aggressive enough for me, maybe i just needed to cut down on the points

anyhow also what was the name of those veggie burgers that someone was talking about? Debbie? Let me know I am wanting to try those, I tried the Boca one's and did not like them at all...
but I am picky

good luck at lunch all, I am going to get chinese with my husband and brother...what would be the best thing to get with my steamed rice, as far as entree??

Carri ;)

Honeyrose29
07-25-2003, 11:20 AM
I just recently got hooked on skinny cows. I had trouble finding them, but in my grocery they are with the other diet type ice creams. Mine say Silhouette really big and that is what I noticed instead of the skinny cow emblem. My store has fudgcicles and these massive icecream sandwiches that look like two large cookies with ice cream in the middle. They are in a clear bubble like package and you can see the actual sandwich. Each one only has 120 cal and low low fat. Hope you can find them!

Morning Star Farms Better n Burger is the name of the burger. Missy is the one who recommended those. Thats what I am going to look for. I tried the Boca too... :no: :yikes:

With the rice.. oh goodness.
If its a buffet I'd do some of one of the veggie dishes. Our buffet offers several selections of veggie dishes and also steamed veggies. Try to stay away from beef and anything with oyster sauce or lobster sauce (hi cal). Stay away from anything fried.. and I'd personally avoid pork too. I would stick with veggies or chicken dishes. I am addicted to the moo goo gai pan but I have no idea what the cal intake is on it. I also like the soups they serve. And on buffets you can usually get fruit as well.

Good luck on your choices!

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Faye, good job on the 2 lbs! You are so cute, I love the energy you put out :D

I sent the lasagna to work with the husband, so yeehaa, it's out of the house now ;)

Thanks for working so hard with the point thing, and sorry about the chatter that makes the task harder lately :lol:

Satine
07-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks Debbie...I will look for the skinny cows...I too was looking for an actual big brand name of Skinny cow...so thanks...

Yeah I will try to stick with the chicken dishes and and the veggies...although I am sure there is not much chinese that is any kind of low fat :( and that stinks because I love it so much

wish me luck, talk to you later

Carri

gma22
07-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Carri: Our Walmart and Krogers carries them here. My dd says Sams Club has them too though they are of course in a bigger package. Polar brand treats has something similar and just as good if you can't find the Skinny Cows.

Tonya: I love the yakking so keep it up. I get bored here at home so it is nice to get on and see what you guys are all up to. It is not hard work for me and I enjoy it so don't worry about it!

***REGARDING VEGGIE BURGERS*** Make sure you look at the calorie content etc. They can be deceiving and high calories. Sometimes you are just better off making a burger with sirloin which is about 99% ff. Just make sure you spray the pan with Pam or you won't get it out because there is very little fat for it to slide around in! :lol:

We had a nice surprise yesterday. Being retired military, we are entitled to health insurance for life called Champus, but it isn't very good so they have another program called Tricare either standard, extra, or prime. We currently spend $2400 a year on premiums for health coverage with copays of $15 for dr visit, $50 for hospital emergency, and $10/$15 for generic and brand prescriptions. Dh told me to check into Tricare (which we have never used because he had health insurance from work) because the premiums are going up another $100 a month at least with his city insurance. Wellllll, Tricare Prime for a family has a yearly premium of $460 versus $2400 and $10 dr visit, $30 for hospital emergency and $3/$9 for prescriptions. Now besides saving a bundle of money every year, we will have health insurance for life no matter whether we are employed or not and if dh dies, I still am covered for life as his spouse! We can also continue to carry this when we are retirement age and using Medicare which some insurance companies drop you when you are eligible for medicare and depressing as it is, I am only 13 years away from that! Needless to say, we are dropping his coverage at work and picking up Tricare Prime.

This is for all my sweet and hard working friends here! Enjoy it!
http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?3CCY86JKGGD6R

Faye:)

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Faye, awesome news.. doesn't health insurance just blow ? It's an endless battle for me, every year the cost of keeping it goes up, yet the coverage they provide goes down... I wonder if they will ever find a solution for the problem.

Cute card! :D

I think I almost smiled.. my kids decided to have one of "those" days.. on a day when I have to take them to the office with me... I will try to keep my cool.. but so far I am ready to rip my hair out! :p

bella27
07-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Hello Ladies!!!

Sounds like everyone is doin pretty good.

Let me get my points here. I got the 2 for OP and 1 for water. I only work out every other day, because we are currently lifing weights and you need a day in between to let the muscles heal. At least that is what the bf says...

Faye--great job on the pounds. Very inspirational. ALso, great about the healt insurance. I have been lucky, I have a great job that offers really good benefits, and having 2 kids, and one that has to see special doctors it really does make a difference.

Tonya--I know how you feel with the kids. Mine have been so wound up lately, I cannot wait for school to start and for things to get back to normal.

Hello to everyone else. Check in later

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Bella, we have year round school here, so my daughter starts school Monday the 28th, thank god! she will be in first grade too.... it may sound bad for me to say it, but I can't wait until my kids are both in all day school.. :lol:

it's hard when you work, things would be much easier if they were just in school.. daycare costs would cut down so much, and stressss!

peekabooangel
07-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi girls, How goes the day?

I just got back from a day of shopping and stuff with a real good friend. And I finally drove through my first major rotary. I have always been petrified of them, but today was the day I decided I would concour that fear and I did it.....

Amanda: So glad to see you pop over chickee pooh.....hope you are getting some well needed sleep now.

Faye: Wish I could be closer to walk with you too. I'm suprised you did not melt away. The humidity here has been so bad lately. Congrats on the pounds lost...you are doing so good.

Bella: I love that name...could say it a million times a day, I think if I could have another child and it was a girl that would be her name. Good job on the points.

Tonya: School year round? I wish, then I would not be spending out money on a sitter. My daugther will be starting 1st grade in September. She will be 6 in about 2 weeks.

Satine: I found the skinny cows at my grocery store too, and you can always request that they get some in for you. I love the chocolate cookie/peanut butter icecream ones...yummy. Good luck finding them, but WW has one too that is good.

Honeyrose: I love veggie burgers too, my hubby hates them. I can get the crumbles made by morning star and use those in a casserole and he is okay with it, but not the burgers. I prefer the Boca ones myself. And if you go to Bocaburger.com I think it is they have recipes there too...enjoy.

Missy: Hang in there girl. This too shall pass. Hugs to you.

Pam: You are so upbeat. You are such a great addition to our group. I'm hoping your ambition and attitude rub off on me.

Okay, I think I got everyone on this thread so far, if not, I am sorry and I want to say hello and give you a hug for my forgetfulness.

Hugs,
PEEK

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 04:16 PM
yeah... well year round means they go for 6-7 weeks, take 2 1/2 - 3 weeks off... and so on.. she got out of school on July 2, and is now starting again on July 28th, lol. It's still a pain on the daycare bit.. but also you don't have to figure out how to pay for a whole summer's worth of childcare.

I can't wait, especially with the mood today, I have PMS full force today, argh my patience is shot :(

gma22
07-25-2003, 05:05 PM
I hate to brag, but I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM, I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM! MY KIDS ARE ALL GROWN, MY KIDS ARE ALL GROWN! :cb: :cb: ( My banana is dancing to a latin beat of the above) Sorry, I just have to revel in something!

Peek: Glad you had a good time with your friend. Sorry she has to contend with such a debiliting disease. I would like walking a whole lot better if these #$%^ sidewalks weren't slanted. It really does a number on the hip that is on the slanted side. I end up holding it after about 5 minutes and walk that way, which looks ridiculous!

Tonya: My ds lives in southern Ca and I know her kids used to go to year round school but I know her youngest (who is 12 and going to big ole middle school this fall) is in a regular schedule. I think they would go 3 months on one month off and she would have the same day care issues when her twins were young (they are 28 now)

So far I am OP for the day and sure hope I stay that way. Have my water and exercise in so I am going for 2 days straight girls!

You all be good and think of sunny thoughts for tomorrow!

Faye :)

bella27
07-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Hello again Ladies and Happy Friday to you all...

Tonya--I think they are trying to start year round school here. The summers are shorter and they get more breaks every year. At least I have been lucky I have never had to pay child care. My step mother does not work, so my kids have always stayed with her, and now that we are living with them, the school is at the end of the street. It is so nice...

Peek-- thanks for the compliment on my name, it has been my nickname for as long as I can remember. Sounds like there are a few of us here that have big first graders..my son is so excited.

Faye--I understand the humidity. It really wears on you agfter a while, and we seem to have it all year round.

Hello to everyone else. Will try to check in a little later

TonyaS
07-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it also means less crowding.. there is always a track that is off track.. instead of all the kids in school at the same time, all the time ;)

well I am depressed :(

I hate PMS, I have had a rotten day, and my patience is just totally shot. so what do I do ? sneak into the ice cream leftover from yesterday :(

I can't wait until my TOM is over.. .it's the worst time for me, by far.

The weather too, so Faye, I can totally relate with the woes of the weather.

bella27
07-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Tonya--I totally understand the PMS, as I am going through the same thing. It really does suck, but no need to give into those cravings as hard as it may be. Just keep thinking about how far you have come, you are doing great. Do something to take or mind off and relieve the stress...Take a walk or even better a nice hot soaker..

Satine
07-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone, I am in such a good mood, back is feeling much better and I have the whole weekend ahead of me...but oh girls I did not do well for lunch today, IT A BUFFET! Yep, my husband and brother wanted chinese so badly and they chose a buffet ( hope I am spelling that right ), they tempted me :devil:
and I gave in
:stress: :(
I did eat quite a bit, and now I am going down a shame spiral
but I am doing it secretly as I cant hide the good mood about the weekend...
:cool: :D
And it sounds like you are all doing so good that I am almost ashamed to come here and admit my poor eating the last few days...:o
I am determined to stay OP starting tomorrow and going forward, I mean I usually have a bad day once in a while but this is becoming a all you can eat marathon, ha!!!

Thanks for all of your encouragement, seeing you guys do it daily really helps,,,keep up the good work and I will try to make you all proud ( and myself )...have a great weekend if I dont pop back in

Carri

Satine
07-25-2003, 08:45 PM
I will definitely go to the store and look for these skinny cows, so thanks for all of your imput...

also I am thinking about all the girls with PMS, take care, my turn is next week.....:(

Goodnight all....

Carri

Honeyrose29
07-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi girlies.

Ok.. weigh in time for me. 149.5. Sigh. Those biscuits & gravy really hurt me, because I have been doing so well with my exercise and halfway decent with OP. Welp.. half a pound isnt bad. I'm bouncing around a bit since is that hormonal pms time for me.

On the upside.. My drs appt was a success. Everything is healed nicely from my surgery and I am free to live my life with no restrictions. I know I never said what I had done.. but here goes.. it was a hysterectomy. Had problems - bad ones since age 12 and Im now 32 and should've had it done years ago after the birth of my last child. Kept ovaries so I still get (and currently have) PMS.. but they arent working right so I get to start the lovely addition of a HRT to help me gain more weight. I'll fight it though! I feel so much better now than I can ever remember feeling.. and my problems were also a big part of my weight gain.

Anyhoo.. I just finished a skinny cow.. Oh how addicting! And my store had them on sale for 3.39 plus I had 1.50 coupons.. so I stocked up. yummmmmmmy!! I know I know.. Tonya.. you warned me!

My son will be starting 1st grade on the 27th of Aug and daughter will be starting 2nd grade. Woohoo :cb: only one left at home!! I cant wait for school to start.

I have 2 boxes of the Morning star farms burgers. The better n burgers have 100 cal each /20 fat cal. 2 gr fat, 310 mg sodium, 13 g protein.
The other kind I bought and havent tried yet are Tomato &Basil pizza burgers and they have 130 cal/50 fat cal, 6 g fat, 320 mg sodium, 11 gr protein.

Breakfast today : Chocolate Royale Slim fast
Lunch : Another one of those awesome healthy choice turkey breast on light ww bread with leaf lettuce, tomato, and a dab of ff mayo. I skipped the soup today.
Dinner: A nice big dinner salad with greens, carrot, tomato, sprinkling of 2% shredded cheese, and Light Done Right Ranch dressing.. Oh my soo good!
And of course.. my skinny cow that I just finished!

Carri: I am so glad your back is feeling better. I have been thinking of you :)

Peek: sounds like fun going shopping!

Tonya: Hang in there.. Im right along with you. My patience is non existant now and I want to eat everything in the house. This, too, shall pass :)

Bella: Nice to see you posting and congrats on the points!

Night girlies :) :grouphug:

gma22
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Sarah: YOU GET A: :cp: for your points yesterday. I don't think I told you my dh's family lives in Mineral Wells and he has a cousin that lives in Dallas. I love it there. We went there on vacation to visit his elderly aunts and uncles in Mineral Wells with my dd and grandson and it was wonderful. We stayed at the residence in out in Fossil something or other! We went to the aquarium (a total disappointment though we did take pics of the cotton bowl!). went down to the stockyard area and ate at one of the WAY overpriced steak houses there and the food was atrocious. $13 for a kids dinner for heaven's sake, but the piece de resistance was Fossil Rim. Absolutely marvelous and we got some terrific pictures. That place is amazing.

Carri: I will be driving to Indy and kicking your butt if you don't come here and talk with us especially when things are not going well. You need us collection of nuts to make you smile and make you realize that tomorrow is another day. Oh and PS dh is taking me to the Chinese Buffet next Friday. He hates Chinese but every once in awhile takes me as a treat so chalk it up to a treat and start back fresh tomorrow!

I am so excited. The sister I have that lives in Ca is coming to Arkansas around the 8th of Aug with her hubby and daughter to see her fil who had surgery today. It is only a 4 hour drive to their house from here and I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving pre-weight loss of any kind. I can't wait. It will be like old home week as my bil's family is step related to me. His grandmother is my step grandmother and the only one I ever knew and I lived with in high school. His mom I call aunt and his sisters were like my sisters. NOW for the neat part. When my bil was in Memphis in the late 60's going through electronic school, he was best friends with this guy from New Mexico. Because the guy couldn't go home, my bil's mom kind of adopted him and he and Larry would hitchhike to his mom's house on the weekends. Guess who the friend was? Yep, you got it. My grandparents would go to Arkansas every summer so my grandma could visit her daughter and between my junior and senior years while I was down there, my female cousin talked me into writing this friend of her brothers. Her mom made her write him because he was so far from home, but her boyfriend didn't like her doing it so she talked me into it. And that as we say is HISTORY! thirty one years and 2 kids later we are still together and happier than ever. Besides that, we then put our heads together and decided we should get his best friend and my favorite sister together. They have been married 30 years in just a few days. So, these people are like his extended family and we are really excited about going even for the weekend.

You guys have a great evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.

PheonixRising
07-26-2003, 03:15 AM
This is a busy thread, I will do my best to stay with it. :lol: Well, I get no points today-I wasn't OP, I didn't exercise, and I didn't drink my water. :p I could give excuses, but why? The fact is it doesn't change the day a bit. So my goal for tomorrow is to drink my water and exercise. I will try to be moderate in my food and journalize it. I know I can't stay OP with the food in the house now, but it is what my budget dictated. :shrug: So I'll do the best I can with what I have.

I'm curious, does anyone here lift weights? I'm really seriously looking into doing Body for Life-I'm just waiting for the gym to re-open to start. I figure I have to do something to get this weight to go away, and I don't think just walking will do it for me. I used to walk several miles a day everyday and I still weighed over 200#. Granted, not the 300+ I weigh today, but I think if I ever expect to get below 200 again I have to step it up and keep it up. Just my theory.

Anyway, I'm still too new to begin to tackle individual replies-but I will say Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.
Okay, I'm editing this to add a comment about vegi burgers. I used to be a vegetarian, and I have tried many vegi burgers. (My fave used to be Green Giant, but they don't make those anymore I guess.) Anyway, all I can say is keep trying them. They all have a slightly different taste. I really like MorningStar Farms' Spicy Black Bean Vegi Burgers. I agree on Boca, never been a fave. Also, you may or may not know this, but a very quick way to prep a vegi burger is to pop it in the toaster. I know it sounds crazy, but it works and it is very quick.

gma22
07-26-2003, 06:52 AM
SATURDAY: Today is :sunny: thoughts Saturday. Share with us a funny story or joke or give us some words of encouragement to take with us this week!

Good morning my funsters! Now why the heck am I up at 5:30 am on a Saturday when I have no children or job you might ask? Well, I do sort of have children in the form of two rather pesky animals and the yellow one with the long tail insists on waking me up around 5 by walking on me, biting me and if I don't get up, scratching the heck out of me (he hasn't been declawed yet). So here I sit and there aren't even any jobs in the paper today that I can work on and haven't applied for! :lol:

Amanda: You know, even the worst of foods can be tackled weight wise. Now, if you have a lot of junk food in the house like chips, cookies, ice cream and such that is one thing, but if what you have is lots of pasta stuff, hamburger, or fattier cuts of meat, you can help yourself out there, honestly! Carbs in my opinion have gotten a really bad rap. I take in a lot of carbs and I am losing (when I stay op! :lol: ) For example, you can take 4 of of pork chop and cute into cubes, brown in pam with some onion, add 2 cups of cooked rice, chopped up carrot if you have it, egg beaters if you have it or even an egg, some soy sauce and you have a whole pan of fried rice and it isn't high in fat. If you are making spaghetti for the family, try and get the lowest fat sauce available to you then set asice 1/2 serving for you and make the rest for family. Use 2 oz hamb instead of four, add a little garlic and some tomato sauce to yours and you have a much lower version of sauce, just lay off the cheese! You can also have some really inexpensive and variety of lunches or even dinner buying SOUP! I can eat a whole can of tomato soup with a grilled cheese made with low fat sliced cheese and lower fat margarine and it will fill me right up and has not a lot of fat. Start buying I can't believe it's not butter light, it does NOT taste any different, still melts well and is no more expensive than the regular stuff and I think you cut about 30 fat and reg cal out per tablespoon. Buy lower fat cheese slices for the whole family and they won't notice the difference, I guarentee. There are lot of things you can do on a restricted budget and still lose weight, honest! A peanut butter sandwich is not bad at all even with the fat. Most of the fat is not sat fat so it is not bad for you. Buy a bag of pretzel sticks instead of potato chips for a snack. They are fairly inexpensive and will last quite awhile. I am proud of you for trying to stick with this even though you can't spend a lot of money on "diet type" food. You should go to www.dietitian.com and use her little calculator to figure out how many cal and fat you can take in to lose either 1 or 2 lbs a weeks. Being the weight you are right now, you would be surprised how much you can take in!

I think I am going to take the dog downstairs and let him out and finish my book so I will check in later!

peekabooangel
07-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Good morning. I can't believe I beat Faye here. I can't remember what Saturday is for a day on the thread, so I will have to check back later to see, I could go back and look, but that would be too much work you know :) .

I get no points yesterday either. I have been off plan for a few days now and know today and tomorrow will be no better, we have 2 parties to go to over the weekend and well thats just the way it is. I will be back on plan first thing Monday morning. I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping in a bit before the store gets so busy and I am buying lots off good yummy OP food for me to start this journey again. Maybe once the food is in the house and I see it I will be good again.

Okay you girls have tempted me to try another brand of veggie burgers, like I said I have always bought the flame broiled flavor Boca burger and loved it, so maybe I will like the others, I will give it a try.

My son leaves for camp tomorrow for a week, Im looking forward to the break of the kids fighting constantly, but I will miss him. This will be his 3rd year he has gone to camp. The first year I bawled like a baby when we left him and especially when he looked at me and said "ok, you and dad can leave now mom" I guess we hung out too long:?: . Then when we went to get him the tears were just rolling down my face and they were his too, so I know he was glad to see me again.

Amanda: Glad to see you hanging around. Please pull up that computer chair and stick around. You will be such an addition to us I know, cause you have such good ideas.

Faye: Wow, a nice little family reunion that you are looking forward too. That will be so nice. Hope all goes well, I'm sure it will, and you will knock your sisters shoes off with all the weight you have lost. ;)

Honeyrose: Sorry about the hysterectomy. A few years ago I had to have one of my ovaries removed due to such bad cysts on it. They thought they could do it laproscopicly but I ended up having the big cut in my belly again. (I had 2 c-sections) They had to cut because the cysts were so big they said. I was having my tubes cut and tied at the same time, but they ended up taking the ovary out and the tube on that side, so they tied up the other one. But what a recovery, it seemed worse than the 2 c-sections I had, maybe because there was no baby to occupy my attention. Glad all went well with yours and life is good and back to normal, and hope that you are no longer in pain or whatever it was that bothered your system. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Satine: Good luck hunting down the skinny cows....they are soooooo goooooooddddddd. Be careful. Today is a new day, so yesterday is all erased, start anew....

Bella: Is your name Isabella? Is that what it is short for?

Well gotta run now to the store and I will be back later to check in, if I don't I get so far behind.

Hugs,
PEEK

Honeyrose29
07-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Morning Ladies:) What a beautiful Saturday here in Ohio. I am going to go flea marketing today. Its been since last summer since I have been and Im anxious to get going!

Amanda.. thanks for the tip on the veggie burgers! Toasting them. I would have never thought! I'll try that for sure.

Faye: Thanks for the extra diet tips.. I can always use a new idea :)

Peek: Hang in there with camp time. I wish mine were going!! :lol: Thanks for the kind words about my surgery. Actually it wasnt bad at all since I didnt have an abdominal incision. I felt great within a few days.. sore but great. And now Im 150% better!

I got 2 pts for OP, 1 for water and 1 for exercise yesterday. I am so proud. Hey Im proud if I do it for one day! :lol:

I'll have to think more for a sunny thought to share for today and post when I get back!

have a beautiful day :grouphug:

gma22
07-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Here we go. Points time.

Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for doing such a great job with your points.

Peek and Amanda: Just let it go. You are going to have periods in your life where dieting issues just are not working for the moment. I want you both to succeed badly, but I DON'T want you to get discouraged. We put this on over a long period of time and it is going to take time to get it off.

I GET A: :bravo: for points, but should get a kick in the butt for this morning. I ate Pillsbury cinnamon rolls! Stupid move on my part to get so hungry. Have to make it up later in the day I guess.

I need to get out and walk today again as I am sure the pool is still not open for whatever the reason (I am about to call the associaton VP and ask her when they are going to open it again) but as for walking, yesterday's work really made my back hurt last night. It was so bad I could hardly get out of my computer chair last night and it is still sore, so I may or may not walk depending how I feel, but am definitely heading to the mall as it is too hot to walk outside today. I think I may check out our local community center which is free I guess. One of the ladies here says they have a pool.

Well girlies, better skedaddle. BTW finished my book this morning. Very compelling story of the old BLack Dahlia murder case in LA in the late 40's. The author, who is a retired lapd homicide detective and private investigator now, was given a small photo album by his step mother when his father passed in 1999. Inside were pictures of women he did not know including 2 that nagged at him because he thought he had seen her before. Long story short, through 2 years of investigation, he has solid proof that his father was a serial killer, killed Elizabeth Short the Black Dahlia and probably as many as 15-20 other women in the LA are in the late 40's and through the 50's with a long time friend of his that was a psychopath too. I cannot imagine finding evidence that your parent committed these heinous crimes. Elizabeth Short was a particular gruesome killing. she was surgically cut in half, posed, mutiliated and left in a prominent area so she was sure to be found. There is a last passage in the book that he included Dec 2002 wherein he says the manuscript is complete and sent to the publishers but that he had recently found more evidence of his father's guilt.

HERE ARE SOME :sunny: AND :lol: DIETING THOUGHTS! Diet Facts

A diet is a weigh of life.

It's not the minutes spent at the table that put on weight, it's the seconds.

It's something most of us do religiously: We eat what we want and pray we don't gain weight.

The problem with curbing our appetites is that most of us do it at the drive in window of McDonalds.

The most fattening thing you can put in an ice cream sundae is a spoon.

The biggest drawback to fasting for seven days is that it makes one weak.

Sweets are the destiny that shapes our ends.

Diets are for people who are thick and tired of it.

The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat.

Diets are for women who not only kept their girlish figure bit doubled it.

A diet is when you have to go to some length to change your width.

Many women reduce and reduce, yet still never manage to become a bargain.

The best way to lose weight is by skipping ... snacks and desert.

Most people gain weight by having intimate dinners for two...alone.

People go to Weight Watchers to learn their lessens.

A diet is the modern-day meal in which a family counts its calories instead of its blessings.

A diet is what you go on when not only can't you fit into the store's dresses, you can't fit into the dressing room.

One guideline applies to fat and thin people alike: If you're thin, don't eat fast. If you're fat, don't eat - FAST.

Above all, dieters are advised to avoid Pepsi, "the pause that refleshes."

Mirabelly
07-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Good morning all! I'm new and I hope I'm doing this computer stuff right. I've been spending alot of time online reading weight loss websites and contemplating my own situation. Most of them just made me more depressed, but you gals rock! I like a positive attitude and love having fun! So, here I am...hope you're ready for me! (Guess I should put a smiley here, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet!)

I'm a stay-at-home mom of three awesome kids (9, 8 and 4). I tend to get a bit lonely while hubby's away....somedays I'd kill for an intelligent *adult* conversation. I live in midcoast Maine. I have waaaayyyy too many hobbies, but my primary ones include a bizarre martial art (medieval sword fighting....SCA for those in the know) and belly dancing--how's that for serious fun? (hi, beledigirl.....bet you thought noone would figure out your username!)

I spent most of my 20's at a normal weight (for me, normal is 155-160) but then did the marriage/pregnant thing and ended up at 260! Right now I'm at about 245. Oddly, I'm in fairly good shape for being so heavy. I teach dance once a week and fight fairly regularly. I'm very muscular. But my joints are starting to complain at me, and I'm sore more often...and I know I'm sooo much happier when my body can keep up with my activities! I'm also tired of having to wear one piece dance costumes instead of all the super pretty two piece ones. I design and make the costumes for my troupe, so I really want to be able to make some like that for me.

I just went to a belly dance show in Boston on Thursday, and I'm determined now more than ever to get rid of all this extra weight so I can shimmy with the best of them! I'm hoping that having friends along the way will help.

So, I'm off to get in some exercise now to earn some of those points I'm reading about. Anyone know if your lower abdominal muscles can ever be the same after 3 c-sections?

Later,
Mirabelly

gma22
07-26-2003, 11:47 AM
Welcome Mirabelly to our fun little group! This is a TOTALLY positive website so come join us! Oh just double click on the smiley and it will place it at your cursor (though it does have a bad habit of dumping it on the next line so just hit delete until it is where you want it to be!

THE POOL IS OPEN YAHOOOOOOOOO! I went and did an hours workout and hurt my bad knee, but it is ok now. Man, I thought for sure when that horrible pain went through it that I was A) not going to be able to get my fat butt out of the pool and B) not be able to get across the courtyard if I did to get home. I contemplated it all and continued to workout and the knee quit hurting thank goodness. I am so jazzed I didn't have to go and walk today!

Well, I came to check and see if we had anyone who needed their smileys given out, but I am caught up so I am going to go and search out some BBQ sauce recipes for some boneless loin chops I have for dinner.

SEE YOU!

Faye;)

peekabooangel
07-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Mirabelly:

I'm in midcoast Maine too, OMG this is just too weird. What town are you in? I am close to Damariscotta, very close. Chances are we know each other. You know this is a small area and people know everyone, or have at least heard of them.

you can PM me if you want....its the button here under my post that says PM that means you will be sending me a personal message.

To use the smileys just click on them and it will put it in your post. and if you want to see the rest of them just hit where it says [Get More] and there are lots of them to use.

Talk to you soon,

Peek

PheonixRising
07-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Well, I better go fill the water bottle if I want to make my goals today. ;) So far, nothing is going on. Once hubby is gone I'm going to do my WATP tape. Meanwhile I'm catching up here.

Mirabelly-Welcome! I am new to this thread as well. Just a thought but perhaps you aren't seeing the smileys because you are using quick reply. Try hitting the post reply button on the bottom right, it will take you to a different screen where you have more options.

That is all for now-talk to all of you later!!!

pjkdreamer
07-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Good Saturday Evening Girls!

There is nooooooo way I could respond to all the posts, Haven't been on since Yesterday am-my phone was dead from around mid afternoon till around 11 this morning. ( I didnt get home from wrk till 7 though, just a few mins ago, so I have only barely had enough time to scan your posts,

All of you have been busy!!! and sounds like you have been working hard...I was having major withdrawals from having to be away for so long, talk about separation anxiety!:bb: I think all of you are fabulous!!!!

I will get back on track with my posts tomorrow and will try and catch up....pts yesterday: 1 pt water 2 pts program, and 1pt exercise.

Night Ladies! :D

gma22
07-27-2003, 05:55 AM
Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for you saturday's points.

SUNDAY: Today is :dizzy: poll Sunday. We are going to play let's pretend so here goes!

CONGRATULATIONS! You have won the Chubby Bubby Diet Food Sweepstakes! You have won $50 million dollars (paid in a lump sum). What would you do with your winnings?

First off, I would grudgingly give my least favorite uncle, Sam, half the money, put $10 million into safe investments to live off of, then would pay off all my debts, give $100,000 apiece to dh's and I's four siblings, 1/2 million in trust for grandson, 1/2 million each for each of my 2 kids, pay for a cruise for the whole family, our kids, our siblings, their kids and their families(approx 45 people) (though I am not sure I could stand all of them for a whole week :lol: ). Then just for dh and I, would completely update our condo with new carpet, flooring etc, put in a hot tub on the deck (so our ds can get the commission on it), take a trip to Vegas, buy me a Mercedes 500 in a metallic midnight blue with gray interior, dh would get a Lincoln Navigator, which is his dream suv, then just settle back down to living.

I GOT A: :high: for points. I need to go grocery shopping again and get stuff back in here as I have kind of run out of fruits, diet frozen meals etc which keep me on the straight and narrow. I did get a ton of water in me yesterday and did an hour in the pool.

No jobs in the paper today, boohoo so will have to just check next week I guess.

Talk to everyone when they get up this morning!

pjkdreamer
07-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Good Early Sunday Morning Ladies!

Faye: you are always up and at 'em!! pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1 pt for water, 1pt for exercise.....I am trudging along!!!:D

50 mil uh??? wow!! like you said Faye, first IRS would get theirs, but I would gladly share!! I would take my cut and be out of there so fast their heads would :spin: I would get a new house, something small and quaint, maybe on a beach, which coast?? probably the gulf coast, I am a Southern girl first and foremost as you all know! I think I refer to it often enough, don't I??? you all probably think oh no, there she goes again talking about the South!:faint: but I love it here and am proud to call it my home, I feel most blessed.....anyway, back to the millions!!!:D I would pay for my two neices (Nikki and Angie) to finish their education, I would pay off their cars, and buy my sister a home of her own and pay off all her credit card debt......give her a clean slate, I would take my mom somewhere, just the two of us, maybe a trip up into Gatlinburg, beautiful nearby Smoky Mountains~:yes: and we would talk and JUST BE!!:D then, lets see I still have $ left over, so I would buy that R.V I was talking about in an earlier post, and head across the country. I would go into Barnes & Noble Booksellers and get everything I wanted!! I would be in absolute heaven if I could do that. I would go back to school and get my Masters Degree in Counseling Psy., not to work though...heck no!! I would do it just for me...I loooove school! Would need to do some brain :jig: though, I graduated from college in 1985!! have a few gazillion less brain cells now! I wouldnt mind taking that new found knowledge and hitting the road, doing motivational speaking for audiences of primarily women, would love to share with them my experiences...when my journey to my goal weight is complete, I know that this will be something that I will do for the rest of my life, so I would share with them from which I came, and hopefully impart something upon them that they could use.....of course if I did that I would need new clothes!:dizzy: so this list could be verrry long. Faye see what you started??!! I would most of all want to give back! I spent too much of my life wallowing in my own "stuff" and isolating, it is time to turn that around though and get out there and live...50 million dollar winnings or not....but we can dream, cant we???:)

toodles girls, oh! welcome Mirabelly..you will adore these gals, as I do!!

peekabooangel
07-27-2003, 07:38 AM
So what would I do? First like both Pam and Faye I would have to share with Uncle Sam.....then I would send on of my really good friends some major $ to help her and her family out. Then I have a friend here that is a single mom with 3 kids, and I would pay her house off and give her like 100,000. to get by on. I love to help my friends. Then I would start a trust fund for both my kids and probably my neices and nephews too. I would pay off my familys houses, and I would build a big house up back here adn put in an inground pool, with hottub and sauna. I would have everything I ever dreamed of having. I would go on trips and cruises and come and see all of you, or better yet fly you all to one location!!! And we would party!!! How much fun would that be? I'm sure there is more I would do, like help my parents out and my inlaws and all, but thats just ordinary stuff...expected of you if you got such a windfall of money.
:)

We are off to a b-day party at 10:30 this morning for my nephew then we have to have Evan to camp by 2:30 today, and we don't pick him back up till Friday at 3:30...I will miss the boy as much as I am looking forward to the break of the two kids fighthing all the time and picking at one another.

Talk to you all later,
Peek;)

Mirabelly
07-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Good Golly you gals get up early! Phoenix, you were right, I was using the quick reply. Thanks for setting me straight, now I can see the smilies. :)

I'm proud to say that on my first day with you all invisibly looking over my shoulder, I made all 4 points! Even made dh go out and buy a water filter for the kitchen sink so I could tolerate the taste. Ever notice how it's easier to drink more water when it comes out of a squirt bottle? Seriously, if I try to drink out of a regular glass, it seems like so much more effort. I think it's because the nozzle on my 50cent walmart bottle is realllly wide, so more water goes in per squirt. ewww, that sounded gross :lol:

Exercise today should be easy, I have fighter practice. Which means I dress up in about 50 pounds of medieval armor and try to beat the **** out of a buncha guys with a sword. (Told you I have fun hobbies!) Always a great workout....but it was alot easier when I was 18 and 80 pounds lighter! Just have to keep myself from pigging out afterwards.

Here's a helpful hint I've discovered this summer... frozen grapes completely take care of my obsessive need for ice cream! I can't believe it because I don't really even like grapes ordinarily. Something about freezing them increases their sugary taste, and the fruit is frozen so it has the consistency (almost) of a frozen dessert. Plus, I can just pop 'em in my mouth anytime I want to reach into the fridge for no particular reason, and I don't do any damage to my eating plan for the day. Oh, but be sure to use the *red* ones....the green ones tend to go sour when you freeze them.

Oh, about the $50 mill.........well, after the obligatory taxes, paying off debts, helping family and friends with their debts, and traveling. I've always wanted to own a theatrical complex with a school, stages and studio space for dance and other types of theater. I'd want to make sure it was all paid for, though, so we could put on any kind of shows we wanted without worrying about making enough money to pay the mortgage. Guess I'd have to move, though, Maine is pretty hard up for culture!

Everyone keep up the great work!
Julie

TonyaS
07-27-2003, 10:18 AM
I am just checking in real quick.. been really busy all weekend, and just taking it easy. I had 2 bad days in a row, I hope to do better today. Talk to you all tommorow, have a great day. :)

gma22
07-27-2003, 10:23 AM
SHAME ON ALL OF US! WE FORGOT TO INCLUDE A BIG TRIP TO SEE EACH OTHER WHERE WE COULD SHOP AND PARTY FOR DAYS!

WE ARE SUCH GOOD CITIZENS THOUGH OR MAYBE AFRAID UNCLE SAM WILL THROW US IN THE HOOSEGOW (PAM IS THAT SPELLED RIGHT? I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THESE SOUTHERN TERMS :lol: )

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for your points. You are gonna need those new clothes!

Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for your points too! Great job of keeping up! Oh and frozen grapes are a great way not to cheat and eat a ff snack that is good for you. I wonder what concord (deep purple) grapes would taste like frozen? They are hard to come by because I rarely see them anywhere.

I am glad you have shared the poll this morning. It is funny to see where our tastes lie.

I have to go as dh will be back in just a sec. He went to get stuff for breakfast. He fixes breakfast for us on the weekends (except for pancakes, french toast etc as he is not very good at that). I try not to disappoint him and I do eat even sausage etc. Afterall, he made the effort. I just rein it in and not pig out.

Oh, speaking of pigging out, I read Janet Evanovich's books and just finished her newest, To the Nines, and one of her characters is this big 300 lb black woman. Well Lula, does love to eat, but in this book has decided to become a supermodel and starts with a diet like WW and after one day gives it up because her points are in the stratosphere (her thoughts are that you can eat an egg mcmuffin and if you are planning on the bread part you don't have to count the other stuff!) anyway, she ends up with what would be the Atkins diet and eats meat all the time. She carries around meat in her purse and they were on a stakeout in Las Vegas (she and the other girl are bail bondsmen) and the other girl's car starts stinking and Lula has a leg of lamb in her purse. Get the book and read it, I guarantee you will hoot big time just from Lula's eating antics! (one time she has bbq pork chops in her purse and her partner's big dog attacks her for no reason and takes her purse. Guess Why?!!!:lol: :lol:

Have a great day, ladies!

Honeyrose29
07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Got all my points yesterday :cb: for me!

50 mil... wowie.. do I have to share with uncle Sam? Well if you say so :lol: DH and I have dreamed this dream before :)

Ok.. first I would put at least 10 mil in the bank to stay in there and suck up some interest. That would be 'no touch' money there to live off of in the future. Then I would buy myself about 10 acres of land and build my dream house with 5 bedrooms and a bath off each one. A huge Living room and family room (another bath off that) Fireplaces in family room and my master bedroom, dining room, exercise room, awesome kitchen with breakfast nook and dining room. Big huge whirlpool tub in my master bath. Dh would have a big pole barn out back, an inground pool- maybe even inside! and a 3 car garage to hold my new Volvo (haha I know i'm strange) and Dh's new 4 door 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Bay #3 would be for our new corvette or svt mustang to cruise in on nice days. I'd have all new furniture in the house as well and new clothes for everyone.

THEN... I'd give my parents a 100,000. Dh's parents are already quite wealthy so they dont get any. (flashback to when we had nothing and we needed $2 to buy milk for our toddler until he got paid two days later and they wouldnt loan it)
Then I would Set up large accts for my kids future. And move my dear sweet aunt out of that poor appalachian region and bring her right up here to live in a quaint new 3 bd house where she could have running water and me to take her whereever she needs to go. I'd then set up an acct for my unborn (only) nephew and pay off my sisters house and vehicles and give her a small lump sum.

I'd give some money to charity.. simply because it would feel right. St Judes childrens hosp and the nature conservency are my two charities of choice. And whatever else was left, I'd invest some in real estate and put the rest in the bank. Then I'd get back to living normally. Oh yeah... I'd get my number changed and not give out my address.. lolol.

(edit: I'd plan and finance a big trip for all the Serious fun chicks to get together for a week in an exotic place! - I saw what you wrote Faye and I just had to add this in and not forget my sisters on the board!)
welcome Mirabelly! I wish I could bellydance :) I have looked around my area for lessons in the past and was unlucky in my search.
Congrats on your points!!

Congrats Peek on your points and big :grouphug: to you today as you send your son off to camp.

Faye : good job on points. Glad for you that the pool is open again!

Welp.. Ive finished my morning slimfast and I need to go walk/jog. I hurt my shoulder so tae bo is out until it feels better. I think I jabbed when I should have uppercut and pulled something out! :lol:

OH and those veggie burgers were AWESOME!!.. I tried the morningstar farms better n burgers and oh yumyumyum! And only 100 cal each! Thanks so much Missy for turning me onto these :)

Laterzzzz

PheonixRising
07-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Well, after taxes....
1. Buy my hubby Harley so he stops bugging me about it. :rolleyes:
2. Go visit my family and buy a second home out in No. Cali so I can visit them often.
3. Buy a big beautiful log home in the Rockies. (Surrounded by trees with it's own stream and waterfall.) It must also have all the goodies, ya know? Covered pool with huge windows, hot tub, big solarium filled with exotic plants, and most importantly a HOUSEKEEPER. :yes: ;) :D
4. Buy a huge RV-diesel, with all the goodies. And then I would visit all of you one by one. :s:
5. Cruise to Alaska.
6. Hubby wants a third home in Alaska.
7. Trip to Europe.
8. Help out all my friends and family.
9. Make several big donations to a variety of charitys.
10. Plastic surgery (because after I lose all the weight I'll need to get rid of all the loose baggy extra skin.):flow2: :flame: That way I can be the hotty that is hiding inside me. :lol:

I'm sure there are other things-but... Oh well!!!

:cry: I still didn't get any points yesterday. I need to get with the program!!!!

Bye-hope all of you are having a good day!!!

gma22
07-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for doing such a wonderful job with your points yesterday! Yeah for you!

Amanda: YOU GET A: :grouphug: just for being a sweetypie! Don't worry you will get in the groove!

Peek: You need to just go out in that imaginary pool or hot tub and tell the kids to kill each other! Yours are farther apart in age than mine, but my son would tease the living heck out of that girl. Guess that is why she is so contrary! Hope E has fun at camp and Alex has fun all alone with mom this week!

What is it with you guys and living out in God's country? :lol: :lol: YCK! Give me big city life anytime! Funny, I grew up in a tiny tiny 1600 people town so maybe that is why. But our first duty station was in Va Beach and I got hooked on living in the big city! I guess I would be the opposite of Green Acres, maybe Gray Condo?:lol: :lol: I don't know, I went to a new library on Thurs in the "uppercrust" part of town and there were some whizbang big ole houses being built out there. Bet they were a mil and up! I need to stay real in my condo as I could never keep a huge home clean and wouldn't trust someone else to do it. When we lived in Indiana, I had a lady from my church that cleaned our apratment and boy what a job she did for $30 a week. She would even take my stove apart every week and clean it and we had this funky black plastic front on our stove and you could not clean it and get the streaks off, until she came and I found out she used alcohol on it. It was gorgeous.

I did my hour in the pool. It is pretty darn hot here and I got out there kind of late because of breakfast, but it was nice when I finished to just kind of cool down in it lazing around. I have so many screws loose though that I cannot just laze around. I had to be moving something, swimming, or whatever. It was still nice.

Well, it is make up a grocery list time. The commissary is closed on Mondays, but I probably won't go until Thur evening so dh can go with me. That is the only evening they are open past 5 pm.
I think I am going to bust my you know what and have frozen dinners for evening meal with extra veggies for a couple weeks and soup and sandwiches for lunch so I can make some progress on this weight loss.

Everybody have a great day!

bella27
07-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies..

Looks like everyone is having a really good weekend. Been pretty busy chatting away.

My weekend has been busy as usual, bust just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Try to write more later..

Sarah

Honeyrose29
07-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Going to be my last time I can check in tonight. Havent eaten dinner yet, but I roasted a chicken with nothing more than herbs on/in it and made some brown rice and sugar snap peas. I am not sure yet if I will eat that or have a salad. Not really hungry but I should be.. its after 8pm.

Have done well with the diet today.

Breakfast : Slimfast - I am addicted to the cappucino delight flavor
Lunch: half a turkey sandwich with tomato and leaf lettuce and a cup of soup which I didnt finish
Dinner : maybe nothing.. no appetite. I'll try to get a little something in myself soon, if I can. Maybe another slimfast if nothing else.

Got my 3 mile walk/jog in before it rained and did 3 sets of 15 crunches with the yoga ball. My abs are on fire :flame:. I like feeling the burn and knowing I am doing something good for myself.

Check in tomorrow :grouphug:

peekabooangel
07-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Posted by Faye:
SHAME ON ALL OF US! WE FORGOT TO INCLUDE A BIG TRIP TO SEE EACH OTHER WHERE WE COULD SHOP AND PARTY FOR DAYS!

Please look back, I said that I would fly us all to one place and party....come on now mother hen, give this girl credit when credit is deserved...;) :)

Hugs,
Peek;)

gma22
07-27-2003, 10:23 PM
I do believe Peek gets to beat me with a wet noodle! I surely did miss it! Good for you so are we flying coach, first class, or private jet? I promise to chip in!!!!!! Peek, do you use Excel at work? Dh is teaching me all the formulas for Excel and I don't know how that man ever taught young recruits fresh out of boot camp about electronics, because he stinks with me. He forgets to tell me something and then when I do my practice sheet wrong or incomplete, he brings it up!

Today was a serious boring tv day. I did watch Law and Order tonight, but other than that, have been channeling surfing big time. We pay $20 a month for 2 of the movie channels and they never have anything on decent to watch.

Have a good remainder of the evening

Faye

peekabooangel
07-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Good Morning Lovies,
I'm back and hopefully will have a big OP day and will do my water :yes: (And try not to include any soda:no:)) I will use my fitday account and do all that I am supposed to do. I did use the diet calculator on here to see how many calories I was allowed in a days time so Im thinking do I want to do calories or pts? Seems if I do a little of both then Im fixed, and fitday counts the calories for you so alls I really have to do is enter the stuff.

The flight plan (Well of course it would be First Class) Not any of those little pittely planes:fr: I'd be too scared. And I think Hawaii would be nice? Or we could hope a ship and do a cruise but I would still fly ya all to the boat.

Faye: I don't even want to tell you how much we pay for Satalite tv, I keep telling hubby it is way to much cause nothing is ever on, and the movie channels we pay for play the same thing over and over again. I hardly ever watch tv, but am addicted to this little box infront of my face at the moment. But it is in the livingroom with the rest of the family. Hubby gets on a kick once in a while and says why don't you take a break from that damn thing, but if I were not on it he would not really converse with me anymore than he does, because he is addicted to the tv box....LOL and the kids just run run run, and if daddy does not thave the tv they fight over it if they are not outside playing.

TTYL,
Peek;)

Mirabelly
07-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Morning ladies!
It's one of those days in Maine where you wake up and feel like you're in heaven. The sun is bright and the air is crisp and cool and it's like....still July! I lived in the south for 10 years (Virginia, texas and north carolina) and I just couldn't take the heat anymore. It's like I just want to crawl in a hole and hibernate all summer when I'm down there. I don't know how you "Suthunus" do it!

Anyway, I got all my points again yesterday...yay for me! And tonight I teach a 90 minute advanced bellydance class.....so exercise is guaranteed. I also need to mow the lawn cuz my mom's visiting from Virginia on Wednesday. That's good for at least an hour of brisk walking. I miss my sheep! (cuz they used to cut the lawn for me.........get your minds out of the gutter!! :lol:

Ok, so it's off to get more coffee for me.........Oh, if anyone wants to see a picture of me, they can surf to http://desertdancers.tripod.com (my dance name is Mira, so you can find me)

Julie

gma22
07-28-2003, 08:01 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week is FATS! Yes, you saw right, fats! I want us to really pay attention to what kind of fats we are eating. They are not ALL bad and a lot of times we just lump them together without even thinking. Part of getting healthy is knowing what the heck you are putting in your body. So take some time this week to see what kind of fats you are putting in your body and how you might improve your overall intake of fats!

Peek: You can do this girl. Take it one day at a time. I am going to get tough with you. I have been entirely too lazy with all this the last couple months. As for tv, we have digital cable and dsl with only 2 movie channels and we pay a whopping $140 a month! I think that is disgusting, but they have you over a barrel pretty much. We can't even get local channels without it and regular cable is pure junk. We have been thinking over going back to aol (we bounce back and forth a lot because we get mad at one or the other), but I don't want my phone line tied up now that I am looking for a job. Even with their little "telephone" feature which I think is an extra $4 a month, you still have to break internet connection to answer the phone. Ah well....

Julie: You are a very beautiful lady! Regarding weather in living areas. I think I pretty much have lived in everything. I grew up in northwest Indiana, but with dh in military, I have lived in Va, TN, NM, TX, and CA. I guess my favorite is Tx. I love the Dallas area (my dh's family is all from that area). I hate the snow except for Christmas day!I also dislike the extreme humidity (duh to moving to Memphis then!) but would rather put up with that than the snow. San Diego has perfect weather, but it is so very very expensive to live there. Southern New Mexico (Las Cruces) is hot hot hot, but dry hot. Doesn't mean you don't sweat, but it is all desert so pretty boring and stretched out as far as people etc. I guess I just learned to adapt to wherever I am. Memphis would not be my first choice for living somewhere, but when the grandson lives here, you have to make sacrifices!

I am gonna kill our dog. He is having some kind of temper tantrum and I have no idea why. We have "puppy pads" on both levels of the house for him and he goes outside too, so rarely very very rarely does he have any kind of accident on the carpet, but he has pooed on the carpet twice today already, once in Jack's office and once in the hall outside his door. He has never ever done that. I gave him a stern talking to, but I got the "Who me, I didn't do anything," look. He is the most spoiled pooch in the world so it is not like he doesn't get attention. We don't have any new pets or anything for him to compete with, who knows? I guess we will just have to ride out the storm so to speak.

You know, husbands are really all a BUNCH of noodleheads! I think I have told you a bazillion times that I do photo scrapbooking. I have several "open" albums that I continue to work on, I have baby ones for each of my kids, one for my gs, a family one, a vacation one, one for our baseball park trips and my weight loss one. DH says to me yesterday, "When we go to Arkansas, why don't you take the album with you so your sister can see it." I, of course, am thinking, my weight loss one, which I thought was a great idea, but Nooooooooooo, he wants me to take the ballpark one! It has only 2 ballparks in it so far! Now why would my sister want to see that? MEN!

Better get going for this morning. Will check back to post smileys later on!

pjkdreamer
07-28-2003, 08:08 AM
Hello girlies!

Top of the morning to you! I am off today and tomorrow!:cp: :cb:
plan on finishing the housework I started yesterday, and running some errands today, and then tomorrow I can just play!:D

points for yesterday: 2 pts for programm 1 for water and 1 for exercise. (this is the beginning of the 4th week of walking away those pounds!!:spin: :strong: :jig:

Mirabelly, Maine does sound lovely...and you are right is it ever
H-O-T HERE!!:flame: WILL CK OUT YOUR PICTURE. belly dancimg?? uh sounds like fun! great exercise to I would imagine.

enjoyed everyone's fantasy list!! 50million uh, thanks for the idea Faye....when I get my windfall, you will be the first to know! I will be heading to Memphis to pick you up girl, and we would be cruising in style!!:D

check in later!:wave:

Satine
07-28-2003, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone, didnt post over the weekend so I know I am behind ( Faye I havent had any points since last week, if you are keeping score, ha )...but I did stay OP for Sunday, for first time in week, did get my water in, but did not exercise, with my back just feeling better I am a little scared to do it for now, will probably ease back in by end of week....

Does anyone have a low fat lasagna recipe that actually tastes good? I have tried to skim it down myself but it turns out soupey and wierd...let me know...thanks

It is about 7:19a this morning and I am soooooooooooo tired
needed about 2 more hours of sleep, I think I am going to bed at
8:00 tonight - that is the beauty of having no kids yet, sleeping whenever I want :lol:

I agree with the satellite and internet thing, it is out of hand, I too pay about $105 for everything and I dont really ever see anything that I am that interested in, pay channel wise...

Well hope you all have a good morning, it is going to be about 78 degrees and rainy here today ( Indiana ) and they say the humidity will be low, so should be a good day...

Talk to you all later,
Carri

Mirabelly
07-28-2003, 08:43 AM
Hey Faye, maybe your dog is sick....Our friend had the same problem with *unusual* accidents and it turned out he had been snacking on a dead deer in the woods (the dog, not the friend :) ) Thanks for the compliment......and I'm glad everyone likes different climates! More room for me up here ;) It would really bite if everyone just *had* to live in Georgia, or something.

Later ladies,
Julie

Satine
07-28-2003, 09:01 AM
great, thanks... I was always leary of doing lasagna with the raw noodles but I am going to try it this time...

and thanks for not wagging your finger at me ;)
I know we all have our bad days, and I just happened to have a bad week, ha :lol:

Later,
Carri

gma22
07-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Carri me darlin' so good to see you today! Hey, everybody understand something! I do NOT keep tabs on you guys! That would not be fair to any of you. I can hardly be checking up on you when I am not doing what I am supposed to be doing! I post the smileys of whomever posts their points, period so please don't ever think I am sitting home wagging my finger at you! I hope you can get up and around totally soon. I know how dibilitating back trouble can be! Check out the recipe section here. They have a recipe that sounds good for low fat lasagne. Here is a tip regarding "soupy" lasagne. Don't cook your noodles first. Use any recipe, layer with "raw" noodles, leaving off top cheese layer for later, cover with foil, bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees, remove foil, place layer of cheese on top and back for uncovered for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted well. I guarantee it will not be soupy. I now make lasagne this way all the time!

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for continuing your good work!

Julie: Thanks for the info. He is probably just mad about something. He is not having any kind of runny or soft stool so I doubt he is ill, but I will surely keep an eye out for problems. Here is my poochy! I had someone ask for a photo of him and I got my digital to take a pic, went in to the bedroom where he was and he saw the camera and automatically sat, the big HAM!

Gotta hit the bricks
Faye;)

Satine
07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Morning ladies,

Do any of you know of a good website to find some recipes for the slow cooker, crock pot?

Carri

gma22
07-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Carri: Try www.allrecipes.com. They have a little of everything. Also just go into yahoo and type crockpot recipes in the search and it will give you lots of sights.

Just peeked in. MY dd and I are having lunch together so I have to get going.

Faye:dizzy:

Honeyrose29
07-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi
Going to keep it short, not feeling so good today. I'll post personal replies later when I feel better

Carri.. I have a huge crockpot cookbook here 300+ pages. Although I love my crockpot.. everything is mega cal, mega fat cal and some of the recipes have sodium content per serving over 1800 mg. I have been searching thru it lately (even this morning) for some lo fat recipes and so far have come up with nothing. I did roast a chicken in mine yesterday and it was good, but I put nothing more than spices on it and stuffed the cavity full of onion. I did not add liquid, it makes its own to roast in. The trick is to wash and pat dry the skin before putting it in the crock. I peel the skin off anyway, so it probably doesnt matter.

If you are looking for a recipe in particular. Let me know and I'd be happy to post it with all the nutritional info as well.

I'll check in later.

Satine
07-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks Debbie, I know most of it is fatty so I was looking for any type of chicken meal to do in it...I will try that one you were talking about because I do have a whole chicken in the frigde, how long would that be for? High or low?

Hope you get to feeling better...

Carri

Honeyrose29
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Heres what I did.

5-6 lb whole chicken, washed and pat dry
spice/seasoning of choice
lemon
medium onion cut into 6 pieces

put the onion in the cavity of the bird and place the bird in the crock pot. Squeeze lemon juice over the bird then season with your seasoning of choice. Seasoning salt works well by itself, or you can try any seasoning you like.
Cook on low for 8 hours without lifting lid, or 4-5 hours on high.
If you are going to be gone all day, you can chunk up some new potatoes and drop a small bag of baby carrots into the bottom of the pot and put the chicken on top of those and cook all day on low, or on high for at least 5 hours.

No need to add any liquid at all. I dont have a nutrition spec on this recipe.. its one of my own. Notice I omitted rubbing the skin with butter or oil like most recipes call for. It turns out nicely without doing that.

mugirl213
07-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Well hello ladies. I am back. I had a bit of a breakdown last week. LOL But I think we are Ok now. ;) I'm going a little bonkers and was having LOTS of stress here at work and that was not making me very happy, needless to say. And last week (and I won't lie...the weekend too...:o ) was a disaster food wise. I did well with exercise...hit the gym for 6 days again and I got my cardio up to 25 min. That is impressive for me. But as I said, the diet isn't going well. It's actually not too terrible tho. Sunday I was good for exercise and for diet...so I get 3 points.

Today is going well so far. Had a cup of egg beaters...60 cal...then I had a veggie burger and a bun...plus a little lettuce, mustard and ketchup. 200 cal (+about 25 for the condiments) And some applesauce for dessert (50 cal). So I am real low so far today. Let's hope it stays that way!

Debbie - I am sooo glad you liked the burgers! I hate recommending stuff b/c I feel bad if people don't like them. I haven't found anything else from Mornng Star that low in calories. Thought about a chicken subsitute or something, but haven't seen any. If you try something you like...lemme know!

Faye - your puppy is just the cutest! A big :cp: :cp: :cp: to you for helping me out with all the encouragement last week. Thank ou so much for your love and support!

Anyway that is all I have to say today. Welcome to the new girls and welcome back to the ones who have strayed. I'm gonna try to get thru miserable work here and then I'll check back in with you all later.

Have a good one!

gma22
07-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Carri: Regarding the chicken crockpot thing. I make my chicken and noodles that way and if you want fall off the bone chicken all you have to do is cook it on high until you see that the breast has spread. It kind of flattens out. When I make it, all I add is some salt and nothing else. It does take about 4 hours on high. You can do lowfat in the crockpot with a lot of things. Buy a nice lower fat cut of roast or thick top round steak, cut it up in pieces, add, onion, bag of baby carrots, chopped celery, couple bouillion cubes or a packet of lower fat onion soup mix and water and you have a nice veggie soup. Take beef cubes and cook in water with a couple boullion cubes or can of ff beef broth and when fork tender, add a bag of no yolk noodles and when fully cooked, pour off juice and retain, add ff cream of mushroom soup, carton ff sour cream and a couple soup cans of juice and you have a low fat stroganoff. Take beef cubes and cook in some water, add a couple cans mixed veggies, thicken with a little cornstarch and water (1 tbl cornstarch and cup water should do it) mix up some lowfat bisquick with ff milk and make drop biscuits, drop biscuits on beef stew and cover for about 10-15 minutes until biscuits are no longer gummy or instead of biscuits, make some mash potatoes from a frozen bag of oredas spread over stew then put crockpot in oven and brown potatoes and you have a shepards pie. (you have to have a removable crockpot to do this one though you can do it on top of the stove in a dutch oven pan)

Hope that gave you some ideas. One of my favorite dishes that is NOT low fat but you can make it that way is chicken paprikash (paprika). It is an Hungarian dish. You absolutely must try this sometime. Is is NOT hard to do believe me. I substitute ff for regular ingredients, so if you want full fat for some reason just switch it back!

Nagyanya's (grandmother's) Chicken Paprikash

Cut up chicken piece (anywhere from 4 pieces to a whole chicken) or use chicken breasts no skin
1/2 chopped onion
3 cans of ff chicken broth (45-50 oz. total)
1 close of garlic finely chopped
1 large carton of ff sour cream
Hungarian paprika
corn starch or flour
salt to taste (you may want salt since you are using ff products)

Chop up the onion into small pieces.
Put the chicken, onions, garlic and chicken broth into the pot. Make sure to use enough broth to keep everything submerged, but don't flood it. Ideally you will have some broth left over, and that's okay; any remaining broth will be used below. Simmer until the chicken is falling off the bone. Remove chicken and set aside. Add LOTS of paprika to the stock (if you are out of stock, add another can at least 8 oz worth and heat until it boils) until it's good and dark, then take about a tablespoon corn starch or flour as a thickening agent with some water, mix it well to get out the lumps, the mix it into the remaining broth in the pan. Keep the heat at a simmer level, and let it thicken. Finally, add carton of sour cream , stir and just warm up the sour cream and serve over noodles or rice.

Ok, cooking lesson over for today. Let me know what you think if any of you try this. I haven't had it since my daughter lived at home. My husband doesn't like it.

Faye

:)

Satine
07-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks Faye, I will try all of that, I do have a leaner roast in there for today with some potatoes, carrots, and mushroom soup and gravy, looked good when I was at home for lunch, so we will see. I am been married for almost 10 years now and I am just now getting into cooking and taking care of the house, ha ;)

But I find that if I eat more at home than out, I can keep the fat down alot more, out I dont know how much fat I am actually getting although I do have this calorie counting book that has some resturants in it....

For lunch I had a frozen meal, 17 grams of fat and about 380 calories, wasnt my best of choice but it was about all I had I need to go to the grocery store...
So I will eat light tonight to stay OP...

Have a good afternoon all, still dark and rainy here....:rain:

Carri

gma22
07-28-2003, 02:40 PM
.I just saw on the news a couple minutes ago that Bob Hope has died of pneumonia today. I know most of you are too young to remember a lot of his Christmas or USO shows, but it is a big part of my growing up. I am finding a lot of the celebrities I grew up with are dying off now and it makes me feel OLD!

Carri: I am the same way. About at the end of the "diet" stuff and am eating fattier junk that I shouldn't because I need to go shopping again. Hope you enjoy your meal tonight. You are absolutely right about eating out. Even the "low fat" stuff is pretty high fat for the most part. You are in much better control eating at home and taking a lunch to work of your own making.

Missy: YOU GET A: :cp: for points yesterday. Terrific job! It is a mystery why we go through periods of being highly motivated and then we slump really bad. I have been in kind of a half slump for about 2 months now. I am struggling with what I call being "head" hungry and my head has been winning out so I go over fat calories. Just know that we are here for you until things get better for you and you are on tip top again. We don't judge, we have no right, we just sympathize because we have all gone through it over and over and over.

Have a great afternoon ladies.
Faye :)

bella27
07-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Good Afternoon ladies!!

I think I have fallen off of the diet wagon, I have not been doing all that great, but am trying to do better. Today I have at least gotten my water in but not much else. Should be going to the gym after work.

Looks like everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty boring, but sometimes it is better that way.

I am really behind on my readin here. So, just a big hello to all.

Will try to check in later
Sarah

mugirl213
07-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Faye - I am the SAME way. Head hungry. It's not like my belly aches or anything, but I have in my head that I want to eat something. That and I am addicted to sweets. It's driving me bonkers. :( Thanks for t he love though.

Satine
07-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Oh Missy I know how that is, my husband is not on a diet ( but has a beer gut and needs to be ) so he eats what he wants, having to sit there and watch that ( as my mouth salivates ) is so hard, he tries most of the time to eat what I am eating but he also wants "good tasting" food, that is why I am trying to come up with low fat recipes to make, so that it tastes good and we both benefit from the low calories and fat,

Once I get something in my head like icecream ( and I still cannot find the skinny cows ) I just drive myself crazy, especially later at night...

Carri :D

PheonixRising
07-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Hello all. I still didn't get any points yesterday. :lol: Someday soon I will get myself together. I didn't have an aweful day yesterday-unless you count the piece of peach pie with a ton of lowfat Cool Whip. :^: (Now I'm sure most of us have been there, but here is the irony. I'm not even that fond of peach pie, but my hubby was having a piece and it just looked so GOOD that I had to have one too. Darn those non-dieting husbands.) I made chicken noodle soup in my crock pot last night. I also use canned French onion soup as a base to cook many different things. (Not fatfree, but very low in fat.) Including any kind of stew or roast. It saves me from chopping onions and it makes the flavor really rich.

What a cute pooch Faye. We have 3 dogs, all old, and 2 cats. Plenty of pets. :lol:

Sarah-Beautiful pics. I would love to bellydance someday. (By the way, I know what the SCA is. Someday maybe I'll even join it. )

Carri-In our grocery store I found some Blue Bunny brand frozen yogurt bars that are fat free with 40-60 cals each depending on flavor and I adore them. Even my non-dieting hubby loves them. Might try looking for those too.

Everyone else-I'm sorry but these are all the replies I can get in today. I have to go earn at least one point for exercise. :lol: See you all soon. :grouphug:

TonyaS
07-28-2003, 04:06 PM
I get nothing but a big spankin.. lol :p

I have not been good, I need to be slapped around a bit.

gma22
07-28-2003, 04:15 PM
ok, for the most part, let's just call today, Muddled up Monday and we will do better on Target Tuesday.

So far I am big time op today, but that may change. I am hungry but am trying desperately to hang until dinner. DH wants to swim when he gets home so that is going to delay it so I have just got to think of something other than food.

You ladies just hang in there and tomorrow will be better. Try hard to accomplish at least one point goal tomorrow. I am counting on you! Even if it is just a matter of drinking all your water or walking around the block, I want to see points and smileys all over the place tomorrow!

Faye ;)

pjkdreamer
07-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Afternoon Girls,

Today has not been a very good food day at all...my portion sizes havent been healthy! I made spaghetti sauce yesterday, with very lean ground meat, let it cooks several hours, lish! well today I over indulged, had it for breakfast!! yep, you heard it here, not a lot, but I did! (several years ago I worked night shift, so eating all sorts of things for breakfast never bothered me, well...admittedly eating anything pretty much anytime never bothered me!) so I did my watp tape..good news you say? it was, but I had to "force" myself to do it. This old body didnt want to believe me, but after my "breakfast of champions" thought I had better! So I did, walked my mile without stopping, then I had some water and went b-a-c-k to the kitchen, reached for spaghetti again, but had some grapes instead. (managed to self-talk" out of that one..then came lunch I fixed my turkey sandwich on wheat bread, with low fat cheese, and dijon mustard, a healthy plan, and then guess what...I had some more spaghetti!cold this time right out of the fridge! the compulsive overeating :devil: was rearing his ugly head today. But It did pass, and thankfully I got myself back on track, and plan on having a healthy dinner, what I dont know, but definitely NO PASTA!! When I made it the last time I did really well, this time it was just a catalyst I suppose, concluded It was out of feeling lonely...thanks Amanda for talking with me about it, felt much better afterwards. Soooo, let's just chalk that one up as a lesson learned, I know I cannot eat like that anymore, It hit my stomach like a ton of bricks!! This afternoon I plan on getting in some more walking and some house clean and building up my energy level, got to ward of the "hungries". A lesson reaffirmed, I CANNOT FILL VOIDS WITH FOOD! :rolleyes: :nono:

GOTTA GO NOW CHICKIES, THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT!! GOT WALKING AND CLEANING TO DO:D

sw 356/June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 (loss of 19.5 lbs.) needed to say that again!!!
next weigh in 8/7
next goal:lose 10 more lbs by 8/31 for Faye's challenge
next goal: lose 50 lbs I AM GOING TO DO IT
final goal: 130

LATER CHICKLETS!!:wave:

Honeyrose29
07-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Well yesterday I got all 4 points simply because I got my walk/jog and water in before I started feeling sick. Because I felt yucky.. I stayed OP. Not my ideal way to do it.

Today so far its been slimfast for breakfast and lunch. No appetite again for dinnertime. I think I'll coax DH into taking the kiddos out to eat and I'll just go to bed.

Pam: dont get down.. like you said.. a lesson learned. Now its over with and you can concentrate again on the program. Big hugs to you.

Tonya: Tomorrow is another day!

Amanda: I am glad you are here.. You'll get some points tomorrow! You have to start somewhere and this is it :)

Bella : At least you got the water in! :cb:

Everyone else.. big :grouphug: and :chockiss:

I think we are all having a little hump we need to get over.
I just feel so down and yucky so I didnt exercise yet.. dont know if I will. I havent drank much water either. Hopefully it will pass for us all very soon. I'm off to go lie down.

Hang in there :grouphug:

pjkdreamer
07-28-2003, 05:07 PM
hello Debbie,

thanks for the words of encouragement, I appreciate it, we can and will do this, it is times like these we have to hang in there and hang onto each other. At every meal we get the opportunity to treat ourselves well, let's do that with dinner okay girl??:goodvibes :dancer: :grouphug:

later......:)

kidmeister
07-28-2003, 05:28 PM
Hello to all. I know it has been so long since I posted and there are so many new names. But my life has just been such a roller coaster. I am really at the end of my rope and hanging on by those little tiny threads. :tired: :headache: :censored: :bomb: :stress: :stress: :stress:
I am just so frustrated with my ridiculous family. My Grandpa passed away about a month ago and ever since then my family has just gone completely insane. My Dad the day my grandpa died was already into his safe and going through his finances and money and it is just really strange what money will do to people. My other Grandma came and stayed with me while she had surgery and drove me nuts and I had to take care of her and now my grandma whose husband died is now in the hospital with pneumonia and kidney problems and will be going to a nursing home and my brother is just being a real :censored: over it all. I am just trying to help her and take care of her and he is just trying to control her to get ahold of her money. And then there is the whole problem with my Hubby's back and work, and then my sister and mother are battling and I am caught in the middle. I really just want to leave the country. :( And then my daughter broke her leg. She should be getting the cast off this week. But I am just wondering how much more God thinks I can handle before I crack. And I am really ready to crack!!!!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Well I know I dont come in here very often and when I do I just unload on all of ya, but I need some kind of outlet. Then to just make things worse my cousins kids messed up my keyboard, and he did nothing about it, thought it was funny. Grrrr. Well hopefully I will come in here a little more often, but I am so busy right now, I just cant seem to find the time. If anyone wants to e-mail me feel free, I could use all the friends I could get right now.

gma22
07-28-2003, 07:17 PM
DO NOT POST HERE AS WE HAVE MOVED ON TO HIGHER GROUND. JOIN US AT #15