South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 05:37 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking BEACH DAILY TGIF July 25th

Hello all,

GOOD MORNING!

I will be printing out my Phase 11 info and list to keep in my purse. I shall buy some fruit and yogurt for the fruit smoothies and I think I will add sourdough or Pita bread once a week......or an English muffin. Which of the last three is the best choice?

We had 106 temp yesterday. My tomatoe plants have "satalled" in growing, and they AREN'T on a DIET!! LOL

Enjoy your day. Thinking about what to plan for today's meals.

Lady

Happiness is giving someone a hug.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Lady, and all to come.

Lady, I guess the best choice would be the one with the lowest carbs and the highest fiber. I'd go for whole wheat pita for myself because it is so chewy which means it takes longer to eat! I've no idea of its carb and fiber count - just my preference.

Have to dash around this morning as I need to take a bunch of stuff to the Fair Grounds before I take Lucy for her Obedience class.

I'll be back later.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:12 AM   #3  
cranky & determined

OOOPs. sorry Ruthie!!! guess I was being USA-centric? Something like that!

Hi Lady Good to see you here! Wishing you success on P2, too!

Well, no Yoga for me today - I've jusst got too much stuff to do yet!

For starters, I'm giving Max a quick wash of his bits and pieces so there's a minimum of doggie odor happening in the car.!

Later, Chicks!

Last edited by operadog; 07-25-2003 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Good Morning All:

Anna - Happy vacation!!

Ellis - GREAT news on your Dad, we will all keep the good vibrations going.

Kim - owie, poor little girl. how sweet they do the cast in pink. I bet you have your hands full.

Lady - Welcome, I am new here myself.

Everyone one else - Hi, keep up the good work!

All I can say is TGIF. Today thankfully is payday, my cupboards are mighty bare. Now I can stock up with HEALTHY goodies. I did not so bad yesterday, was good all day but had an unavoidable pasta dinner, at least I had mine with olive oil and garlic and said NO to the tomato sauce. I figure it was a trade off. The thing I like with this plan is, when something like that happens for some reason I don't get discouraged. I just deal with it and move on to another day.

Have a super day!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:10 AM   #5  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Good morning to all New to SBD,,day3,ph1,,,hope I've got this right,,nvr posted a message,,,Love this message board,,tried 2 others but they hv very little to share,,So glad you all have great experience and success on this diet: LOL and have a great day on the beach
Old 07-25-2003, 08:18 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning all! This is the last day of week 1 for me.....official weigh-in day tomorrow! I'm anxious to see how I've done, I've stayed off the scale for the last couple of days and it's killing me LOL!!

Lady, I hope you keep your 100+ temps there, I definitely don't want to see them coming my way.

Ruth, have fun at obedience class, I always enjoyed those (never went further than basic though).

Operadog, have a great time on your vacation.

sflake, I agree, TGIF!! It's been a hectic week, can't wait for the weekend.

Welcome, Gofishin! You'll love this board, lots of support and helpful advice. I'm new myself, just found this board last weekend, which is also when I started SBD.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:27 AM   #7  

good morning everyone....hope everyone is well....I am getting alittle discouraged....I am going to change somethings with my diet in hopes that my weight loss will pick up. I don't seem to be loseing anything!! This can be very discourageing... I have had a hard time loseing weight ever since I had steroid injections in my spine...that was back in April. Surely it can't effect you for this long!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:31 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning dear girls!!

Kim, what a day you had yesterday... I'm so sorry, hon. Thank goodness you took your little DD in so quickly... that cast will be off in no time.
Don't fret over that meal. You needed it, you enjoyed it, and today is another day. (my gosh... what a lot of carbs! Sounds delicious! )
Thank you again for your prayers for my Dad, sweetie. That means so much to me.
I've said prayers for your friend's nephew. Leukemia... a parent's worst nightmare.

Coton, thank you, too, for your continued prayers. I feel as though I'm riding on prayer, and I'm so grateful.
That's great that your Mom has started the diet! I hope she has success with it.

SFlake, that you for the good vibrations! They are much appreciated.
You have a great attitude with this diet... keep it up!
And I hear ya re: groceries/pay day.

Anna, you're away! Again, have a wonderful time!

Ruth, stay out of the cotton candy barrel.

Windsong... 106 degrees! Oh YUCK!! We're still having cool weather, and I love it!

I'm taking my DD to her psychologist's appointment this morning. A 40 minute walk, and little DS has to drag along with us. We may be doing some piggy-backing. At least I'll get my exercise in for the day.
Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:35 AM   #9  

Oh... I missed a few...
Welcome GoFishin!

Good morning TwoDog and Whimsey!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:51 AM   #10  

Angry Day 5

Hi Chicksters!!!
and good morning...

I'm now on day 5 and holding up...still going strong.
Although I started on Monday, I've decided from here on in that Friday will be my weigh in day.
As of today, since Monday, I've lost 2 lbs!!! I'm pysched!!
I'm sure I'll scale hop, as I always do...but I'm going to use Fridays to record my weight.

Anna...Have a wonderful vacation!!

Ellis...You seem so much better now knowing that your dad will be taken care of...

Kim...sorry about your daughter..but a Pink Cast?? At least she'll be decorative....

Lady & Go fishin.....hello & welcome...this is a great board (although addicting, so beware...lol)

SnFlake....Stock up with the good stuff...you'll always have something there to eat and not be making wrong choices. That's my problem...I need to plan more.

TwoDogMom...How are you doing? I'm glad that we are around the same weight/time on this diet....let's try to motivate each other..ok?

Hi Whimsey....Hope things are going well for you...

PHEWWWW...I'm trying to keep everyone straight...it'll be a while before I can recognize and remember names..(I have to keep going back to the posts...)

So....keep up the good work Chicks....I'm here all day (unless my boss catches on..lol)

Di
Old 07-25-2003, 11:35 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Kim-Sorry to hear that your daughter needed a cast after all, but at least it is DONE now. Worrying is the worst part!! I didn't know they MADE waterproof casts! That will make going through this a LOT easier for your daughter.....AND for you!! Honestly, with all the worry and then driving around, I don't blame you for indulging with the fried chicken. having to go home and cook after all of that would have been too much. It was nice of your friend to invite you over...and HOME MADE FRIED CHICKEN?!? Haven't had that since I was a KID!!! YUM!!!! We WILL get back on track. You had a real reason to go off briefly. I have just been messing up.

Ellis-Hope you are feeling more rested now that your Dad's appointment is over. Worrying about our parents is as bad as worrying about our kids!!! Remember when my Mom had a repeat of her cancer? well she is clear now, and soon will be going to 6 month checks instead of 3 month checks. They have a plan for your Dad now, and soon it will be the irritation of keeping to it rather than the pain of learning about it!!! (My Mom HATES going for all these checks, but I feel better knowing they are on top of it!!!)

Di-YAY!!!! 2 Pounds lost!!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Whimsey-keep it going sweetie! I know it is discouraging, but I bet all of a sudden you'll drop a bunch!!! Steroids are a pain!!

2dog-HI! Hope you have a GREAT weigh in tomorrow!!

Gofishin'-WELCOME!! You'll love it here.....kick back and go fishin'!!!!!

sflake-I agree!! TGIF!! I have to go shopping too. Made crumb cake for my family and guest (16 yr old had a sleep over) but didn't eat any!!!

Anna-HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Ruth-HI SWEETIE!! Wish I could take my 13 yr old to obedience class!!!!

Lady Windsong-TOO HOT!!!! When it hits around 95 I have a hard time going out!!!!! No wonder your tomatoes are wilting, I'D be wilting!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 01:33 PM   #12  

My gosh, Den... what a fantastic idea! Obedience school for teens! We could make a FORTUNE!!
Old 07-25-2003, 02:10 PM   #13  
Mous

Smile

Welcome GoFishin

I have to change yesterday's temp..it was 108 !

AND is suppose to be 108 today too.

Lady
Old 07-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good afternoon everybody
I wish that I could address each of you but then we would be here all day because I type with 2 fingers But I am thrilled to hear that Ellis's dad and Kim's little girl are on their way to getting better.

Welcome to GoFishin~~~ This is a great website and the chicks are wonderful

Di~~Congrats on having a great 1st week and losing pounds

Whimsey~~Don't give up. I hear that lots of women get stalled on SBD but then all of a sudden~~WHOOSH, it's gone! And on the bright side, you aren't gaining any weight. For me, some weeks, that's an achievement in it's self. So don't take that lightly.

Lady~~~108 ! Oh, my God!!!!

I'm doing great~staying OP but I haven't been hungry the past few days and I forget to take time out and eat something. (which is not good for losing weight)
Old 07-25-2003, 03:24 PM   #15  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-YUP!! IF we could get them to show up!!!!!

Lady-AARRGGHH!!!!

Sil-HI!! Looks like you are doing GREAT!!!!
Closed Thread