Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Talking Lose Weight Before School Begins!

Hi everyone! I'm Nina, I'm 20, and I want to lose my dreaded freshman 15 that has been hanging around for the last 2 years. Ugh

I assume that some of you might be in school, (either a student, teacher etc.) and are trying to lose weight before classes start this fall. That is exactly what I am doing. 15 pounds down by September 1st.

If anyone is looking to do the same as me, leave a comment to this thread. We can motivate each other and use this as a space to keep track of our workouts and diets, and to help each other be our best for the upcoming year

Starting tomorrow (It's almost midnight here haha) I am going to be doing pilates 5-7 days a week, specifically Winsor Pilates. I have tons of her DVDs, and I have used them in the past and had AMAZING results. I looked like a dancer, and I got that body in record time too. You can find her workouts on Youtube if you type Winsor Pilates into the search, since her videos are a few years old now. Check them out if you want

I will also do cardio whenever I can, but honestly I hate it. So I'll try and go for long walks or bike and swim now that it is summer time.

I can see myself slimmed down and walking around campus. I can't wait to achieve this goal!

Hope to hear from some of you !!
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/160/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi Nina! I recently turned twenty-one and I'm trying to lose some of that dorm weight, too. I lost 25lbs in my second year because I was cooking for myself and no longer eating that dreadful cafeteria food. But in my third year, I moved back into a first-year dorm (I'm an RA) and ended up gaining like 17lbs back! Ugh is right!

My goal is to be down ten pounds by August 8th (leaving for vacation that day), with a further five pounds down by September 1st, as well.

Hope we can motivate each other

Last edited by tardyfortheparty; 06-30-2014 at 02:34 AM.
tardyfortheparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:12 AM   #3  

If you want to weight loss firstly stop drinking alcohol , eat too little , daily Medication needed.

Good Luck!
Lusi_Segura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #4  

Morning Everyone

Today is the start of my fitness plan. And I started so well

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white fried. Fruit salad with with cherries, strawberries and peaches topped with a bit of almond butter. I also had a glass of warm water with lemon juice.

The warm water with lemon is a new thing I am trying. I am unfortunately struggling with acne I think it is because University stresses me out a bit. Apparently the lemon water balances your body's PH levels, which is very good for your skin, and your digestive health. Hopefully some of you can give it a try. I also drink it if I ever binge (like on holidays, or if I visit a buffet), and it makes my tummy feel MUCH better.

Later today I plan to do total body pilates, and go for a ride on my bike, or do a workout kickbox DVD for some cardio.

Tardyfortheparty- You can totally do it! That is an amazing goal. What is your plan to reach it? xo

Have a great day everyone. We can do this!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies! I'm 19 (turning 20 soon) and will be starting my third year of college in September, as well as being a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding in October. Over my first two years of school I gained about 20-25 pounds, so now I'm trying to get that off and then some. By my sister's wedding I would at least like to be about 15-20 pounds down from where I am right now.

I'll be living in an on-campus apartment this year, so I'll be eating some food from the cafeteria but also cooking some of my own food, so that should help a lot.

I've been doing weight watchers for 5 or 6 weeks now and lost about 10 pounds...I've had a stall the last few weeks but I have not been following the plan as strictly as I really should be, but I can feel the motivation coming back, and hopefully I should start losing quickly again soon!

I need to start exercising again, but I hate cardio with a passion. I'm trying to make myself run, and also do some bodyweight exercises as well to tone up.

NinaB I completely understand the acne thing you are having right now. I unfortunately have chronic acne, and I find that the best thing for my face is washing my face with a deep cleanser at least once a day, sometimes more if my face just feels gross. I use the Neutrogena Wave and I love it! My skin feels so soft after I use it. I didn't know that lemon was supposed to help! I'll have to start trying that!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #6  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm 22 and I work at a school, if that counts. I'm a computer technician, so I sit on my butt a kit, I would like to lose 10 pounds before the beginning of the school year. I want to be back to where I was that time last year. I regained about 12 pounds over winter because I was being lazy.

Today's Net Calories: 1589
Exercise Included: Walking about 3 miles & swinging for 10 minutes

Last edited by Psychic; 06-30-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #7  

Today was a great day!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

I'm a college senior and I have gained about 40 pounds since freshman year of college so I'm ready to get into shape for my last year. (Plus my boyfriend and I recently broke up so that's an extra bit of motivation.) I plan on being down about 15 pounds before the end of august!
Today's Calories: 1600
Workout: 1 mile on treadmill and walking around at work (I work at a theme park).
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #9  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

S/C/G: 213/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Hi guys!
I am 22 and I have gained...well lets just say a lot of weight since freshmen year because I am not even sure. I know my sophomore year of college I weighed 150ish so it has been at least like 65 pounds I have gained. I am excited because I am taking a few classes like zumba and pilates in the fall semester. I would like to lose some pounds before then so I am not completely on the struggle bus when I get there haha Hopefully I can get going! Maybe I will try some winsor pilates like someone above mentioned
LuLu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #10  
Patricia Smith

Hello ...Why not to opt for diet supplements? They are truly majestic and helps you to lose weight...Also workout hard and strictly follow a diet plans along with it..It gonna merely help you...

..Thanks
Patricia

Last edited by patriciasmith; 07-11-2014 at 05:40 AM.
patriciasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #11  

Morning Everyone!

Welcome to all of the Newbies in this thread! I hope you find this helpful for keeping track of your weight loss goals.

This morning is July 1st. The start of the month, and gives me a real drive to stick to a diet...I don't know why. I guess it's the same as when you start a new day

Breakfast was an apple with peanut butter, and a side of sweet cherries I also had a glass of hot lemon water.

How is everyone doing? What are your plans to lose the weight?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #12  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Its a fairly hot and muggy day again. I plan on doing some walking after work again. I'm trying to cut back on my calories, but I'm struggling. Its hard to re-train your body to eat less.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #13  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I'm a bit older (32!) than you college folk but I'm a teacher so I'd love to join this September goal thread! Gordongirl, we're in the same boat, I'm a maid of honor in a wedding that's fast approaching. We can do it!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote