Calorie Counters - I actually measured out a portion of ice cream

hannahbeanies
06-29-2014, 09:49 AM
I was having a craving. My dear boyfriend surprised me with some ice cream last night to cheer me up, not knowing what a TORTURE it was to have in the house. I let it sit there all night (which is a miracle in itself). I had a craving today, so what did I do? I dug out my trusty measuring spoon and only put a serving in the bowl. Fantastic and my craving is satisfied:carrot:. Woot!

Gingerjv
06-29-2014, 12:34 PM
You did great! My congratulations for your strong will! Keep going girl and good luck;-)

MayoLover
06-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Good job!

CalCounter1003
06-30-2014, 01:47 PM
That's what I love about calorie counting -- we can eat whatever we want but just count it! Of course, it would be silly to eat all calories of junk, but if we wanted to we could! I had ice cream almost every night while losing and still do! I just measured it out. Most days I had a half cup, and other days a full cup. After a while you don't have to measure it, you can just tell. My scooper at home is pretty much 1/2 cup. :)

underanalysis
06-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I've been eating ice cream a lot the last few week, and still losing weight even though I'm in that last pesky 10 lbs. Just measure that portion and count those calories, and make sure the rest of your diet is healthy!

Candidcamster
06-30-2014, 06:44 PM
You go girl! Measuring = awesome, I was stuck in the 290's forever it felt like (around 3 months) until I began taking measuring/portion control more seriously.

canadianwoman
07-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Congrats on your willpower. :)

hannahbeanies
07-01-2014, 05:39 AM
Thank you all for your words of support & encouragement!! It means so so so so much to me.
Guess what? So I did it AGAIN! Woohoo! I never realized how satisfying just one serving could be. Who knew? :P

I am going to the doctor today so I will get weighted. Been counting for almost a whole week now so we will see if I get any results. :)