Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Exercise & glucose levels

How does your exercise effect your levels? I have been told basics like checking my levels immediately before & after, and during, and to only exercise if I am roughly between 90 or 100 and 200 or so. I am just now starting to exercise again after being diagnosed...insulin dependant which has made weight loss tough.
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Madison! I am type 2, taking Metformin, no insulin. If you are insulin dependent it is imperative that you test before exercising because it can drop your glucose levels very quickly and sometimes very low. I think a lot has to do with the timing of your exercise. It would be best to exercise about an hour after a meal. That will help keep your glucose from dropping too low. If that's not possible, then eat a snack before you exercise. Don't exercise on an empty stomach. Since you are just starting back on an exercise routine, you should start out slowly and check your glucose during exercise. Be sure to have glucose tablets or something to eat in case you get a low, and exercise while someone else is around. After a while, you will become accustomed to how your body reacts to exercise and it won't seem so scary. Be careful!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much! Yeah, I will have to pay extra attention to it and make sure how my levels react to everything.
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote