South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat for Monday, June 23

The last full week of June. They should make this month longer! Or make it pass more slowly. I hate to see the end of my peonies and lemon lilies and know that we are cranking up for Delta Fair. Our kids are still in school so I'm sure they don't want the month lengthened.

Did a lot of weeding and deadheading in the front garden yesterday and it felt really good. Spent the P.M. working on accounting, trying to figure out why the system says we're overdrawn but the bank says we are not. There's a glitch somewhere.

To the bank this morning and for a small grocery shop. I'd also like to get some strawberries this morning - such delicious fruit! I still have lots from last year in the freezer but want to make some jam to sell when we sell bread. I did have a volunteer lined up to do this but she is going to be away for the next two weeks.

I need to make a food plan for the week because the cupboard is bare. When I don't plan, I make poor choices. I need a stash of prepared things like individual servings of chili or taco bake to haul out of the freezer.

What's happening at your house today?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Last day of school! Yipeee. After that, there will be much traveling, starting Thursday. Here's hoping everyone has as great a day as I intend on having . . .
Be well!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and other chicks to follow! I will agree with your sentiments about June; let me know if you figure out how to do it.

Had a nice weekend visiting with brother and SIL but my eating was a bit indulgent. (I will hint that rhubarb and strawberries are in season...) I picked up a couple quarts of fresh berries to put in my yogurt and will toss a few in the freezer as well.

School will finally be done this week; what a good feeling!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this gorgeous Monday! We have really been being blessed with perfect summer weather here, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts.

It should be a fun day at work with both girls home. Audrey may be suffering from jet lag after the long flight back from Turkey, so we'll make today a low key day, and let her call the shots. I do love having the girls out of school for the summer even if I do have to go in earlier. Speaking of which, I'd better scramble to have breakfast and pack my salad for lunch!

Enjoy the day!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning we have been having a nice run of beautiful weather. it has been great sleeping with the windows open. Spent the day outside studying and napping. Finally cleaned the house which wasn't too terrible with the nice breeze. Today I need to run to Kohls, DS needs a few things. Then get a few things at the grocery store. Followed by more studying. Ruth I too need a plan for this week. Since I am in full blown cram mode cooking will take a back seat. I see a lot of take out salads in my future lol.

Welcome home Pearlrose. Glad you are back, we missed you!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Busy day for me. Workout this morning. Hair cut and color. Then I finally get back to physical therapy for my pinched nerve. I did PT for it last summer for just over a month and it helped. For some reason it has been quite bad again the past month or so. I'm optimistic it will help again but not sure what to do long term.

Have a great day.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

fly by this morning. We had a wonderful camping weekend with no, really no, technology. I need to do that more often

I'm going to drop by later to catch-up. Hope your Monday is a breeze.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We are all ready to go...just waiting on the pet/housesitter. It's a beautiful day here and I look forward to seeing all of our extended family. Guess I'll go down and give the pup a few extra hugs....and locate the cat who always hides when we are packing. We haven't locked her in the closet yet.

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

First day back at work is always so busy. Yesterday I ended up cleaning both cars, vacumming and interiors and washed them both. Took a while but they should be good for quite a few months now.

Ruth- Do you enjoy making jam atleast?

Bea enjoy the last day of school.

Beth glad you had an enjoyable weekend

Cottage it is nice when there is no school

Jekel when is your test date?

Cyndi your pictures on FB look so nice and relaxing

Karen I think I am the same boat as you but I seem to get different aches, for some reason I have Golfer's elbow and I don't play golf. I ordered a brace as I researched and it said to get rid of sharp pain with brace and ice before doing the exercises to rehab it.

Debbie sounds like you are going on a trip, enjoy.

Saturday we had picnic and baseball game for my work with the STL Cardinals it was a lot of fun but at the end it was so hot and humid DD2 wanted to run through Fire Truck hose and her and a little boy collided into each other, he ended up with a bump on the back of his head and DD2 ended up with a shiner on her eye. DH wanted to take her to 6 Flags today but I told him to wait a few days since they have to take her picture for the season pass we got.

Have a wonderful afternoon. P.S. Has any one heard from Natasha?
Closed Thread