Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #1  
bls

S/C/G: 153/148/Goal Weight: 140

Height: 5'7"

Default Had a slip up and..

I have been on a clean eating "diet" so to speak for the past month and have been doing GREAT! I am down 10 pounds and feel great.

Last weekend, I slipped up and had some pizza and a few alcoholic beverages, and some treats that I shouldn't have ate. I weighed myself after and I was up 3 pounds

Could this be real weight that I gained or is it that I am retaining water and it is showing up on the scale? That number hasn't cracked yet, so I am trying to drink lots of water so I retain less. I typically drink about 70 ounces of water a day, although last weekend I can honestly say I hardly drank any water. Oops.

Any help understanding this is appreciated!
bls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Pizza alone is enough to drive up the water weight. There is alot of sodium in the bread and cheese. Adding alcohol and other treats just increases it more. As long as you didn't go to crazy like eating an entire large pizza, i'm betting that it is mostly just water weight.

Typically, it takes me 3 days to clear an excess of sodium. An that's by drinking more than normal water amount. If you are only drinking your usual amount, it could take longer. You could also help it by eating food high in potassium like banana or yogurt. Potassium is like the opposite to sodium.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #3  
bls

S/C/G: 153/148/Goal Weight: 140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try eating some bananas and yogurt as I just bought some today!
bls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

For every gram of carbs you ingest, your body adds a gram of water to it. So a big carb-fest will make you soak up water like a sponge. As long as you cut back on the carbs again, your body should shed the excess water in a few days.

From your description, it doesn't sound like you turned zombie and ate everything that wasn't nailed down or red-hot. So at worst you may have gained a pound of real fat. But even that is doubtful.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote