South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Move It Monday - June 16

Good morning! Just checked the calendar and I think I got it right for a change. Yesterday I booked the Hall for a June 19 event but wrote it on the July calendar. (Well, they do both start with J and are four-letter words!)

Feeling a tad creaky today from gardening yesterday. I was digging plants for a friend in my back perennial bed which is still very wet. That clay soil is darned heavy but I was as careful as possible.

Odds and ends of catching up to do today including a bank run, car servicing and returning platters etc. to the caterer. Deskwork never ends but I am striving for more balanced days. I may even get around to putting away the rest of the winter clothes.

How does your week look?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I dunno Ruth, it's gotten in the 40's here in the evenings, I've needed warmer clothes!

I can actually see my veggie garden from my chair, she looks quite happy a beautiful, being freshly weeded and the soil turned. I started mine late, so it'll be a bit until I get some veggies, although I did get some prestarted romaine for kicks that is starting to look delish!

The family and I went to a really popular state park near here, and now we know why...it was breathtaking! We saw something like 18 waterfalls in 3.5 miles, between 15' and 94' tall!!

But today is back to work...nothing exciting other than DH might be gone, so the sitter will stay late. The kids absolutely adore her, thank goodness. I betcha she'll even serve them supper .

I have leftover black beans and rice for lunch, but will start off with blueberry overnight oats. I can't wait for my peaches to ripen to use those!

Have a great week!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

It's looking to be a pretty calm week here. Audrey is in Turkey for the week, and Maggie is leaving Wednesday to spend a few days at the shore with a friend. Today is the official last day of school, and they get out at noon. Maggie wants to ride the bus home because the teachers and principal give the kids a party send-off as they're loading the buses. They blow bubbles and play party music and throw streamers, etc.

My spinach and most of the lettuce has bolted, but there's plenty of kale and swiss chard. Monica was supposed to take some home with her yesterday; I hope she didn't forget! For my lunch today, I have a nice piece of vegetable lasagna stuffed with chard. It's delish!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - I never seem to know the day or the date.

Tammy - That state park sounds lovely.

Linda - I forget how late school ends out east. Enjoy the calm.

I'm off to the gym, since it's Monday. I work the closing shift tonight. My body is aching worse today so we'll see how I mange with both of those activities. I'm actually looking forward to my physical next week! Need to get some groceries.

Have a great day.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Linda what a great send off for the kids.

Not much time this morning as I need to take the truck to Joe's friend. I had a huge meltdown last night. By the time DS came home I was wiped out from a long week. Knowing I am taking the truck you would think it might me somewhat clean. Absolutely not!!! He can't find the key for the hitch so I can't attach my bike rack. He mounted an amp and woofer in the back so nothing fits behind the seats. I was livid about that. Ok I am getting annoyed again. Maybe Paul can sooth my nerves.

Have a great day.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

I peeked while I was at work and it seems it was a quiet day in here! We had some gray skies and it spit a little but I was able to get in a walk after school and some garden time. DH grilled last night so all I have to do is make a few veggies and dinner is done! My kind of Monday.

Ruth, leave a couple sweaters out; sort of a Murphy's Law thing. The minute you wash and pack away the last one we will have a cold snap!

Tammy, I have spinach to cut but that's about it right now. We need a bit of heat to help things grow.

Cottage, enjoy your slow week.

Hope you have a good day, Karen.

Jennifer, did Paul help you out this morning? Aren't teenagers wonderful?!

Have a good evening, ladies!
Closed Thread