Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 8 (06/16-06/22)

Nightkatt
06-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Here we go .. heading into Week 8!!!! Will be looking forward to seeing who is still with us when I get home tonight .. hopefully its all of us still .. but will wish those well that have left us this week and hope to see them on the boards still :)

Great job for sticking it out all those that are still weighing in .. regardless of their results ... WE CAN DO THIS!!!

kris2008
06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Another week down, 6 more weeks to go. My goal is to get into the 140's this week and I will do it!

Nightkatt
06-16-2014, 03:40 AM
My goal is to get comfortably into the 230s lol ... been playing with the 240 for weeks and I want to say BYE BYE!!

Great day today .. managed a good workout .. have also booked in for the PT session tomorrow .. .and then the vibra fit session on Thursday ... plus another workout on Friday before work .. going to try to get more focused on the exercise this week .. ... day at a time ... week at a time ...

MissSMcC
06-16-2014, 05:11 AM
Can't believe it's a new week already! Only 2 weeks until I go on holiday, need to make them count! Well done to all the losers yesterday :)

Novus
06-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Happy new week, everybodee!!! :wave:

The scale is driving me bonkers since I've started running. I used to see a steady decline, at least a teensy bit every day. But now? Agh. I hit 169, and then it jumped to 170.2 and held there for FOUR days. Then 168.8 for THREE days straight with a drop to 167.8 on Friday. Now it's up again and has been 169.2 for three days. I get it....it's the exercise....but still. Maddening. :dizzy:

I've got my food and exercise all planned out for the week and am hoping desperately that the scale will be down on Friday for official weigh-in day.

Oh, and my photo shoot is Saturday. So excited! :woohoo:

Good luck to everyone in Week 8. And here's hoping our results from last week will be super positive! :goodvibes:

Novus
06-16-2014, 08:35 AM
And also....I switched from tracking on sparkpeople to My Fitness Pal since it's so hugely popular. There are definitely some things I miss from sparkpeople but overall I'm liking the change.

I'm Novus175 (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Novus175) over there, if you have an account and want to add me.

MissSMcC
06-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Novus yay for your shoot on Saturday, can't wait to hear how it goes! I have sent you a request on mfp, my username is same as here for anyone else that fancies adding me.

Novus
06-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Unofficial results for Week 7. (I was curious so I figured it out and I just figured I'd share.) :)

Biggest loser: dangerouscurves76 (-2.0, 1.30%)

Honorable mentions
Dahlia55 (-1.7, 1.03%)
Novus (-1.2, .71%)
MissSMcC (-1.0, .42%)
kris2008 (-0.5, .33%)

Total team loss: 2.8 pounds (Maybe. I was kinna confused how to calculate this.)

And I'm pretty sure no one was eliminated this week! :cb:

kris2008
06-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks Novus and good luck with your shoot on Saturday!

Novus
06-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Goodness. We're even quieter than usual this week!

I planned to run this evening but the rain started earlier than forecast. I went out anyway and did 1 mile. Better a little than none, right? I definitely learned I don't like running in the rain, though. :halfempty

The photo shoot has been cancelled. We're going to try to reschedule. :(

I had a great report on my quarterly performance review at work today. Yay. :)

That is all. Where IS everyone? :spin:

Nightkatt
06-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Hi everyone .. sorry .. its been a busy week .. I keep getting called into work so had to cancel BOTH of my trainer sessions this week .. grrrr .. still .. the extra money will come in handy coming into winter with the higher power bills lol ..

Novus thank you for posting that for us .. I will look into how to get the official ones up. Unfortunately Rated has had to withdraw due to other commitments, so if you can give me a day I will have everything caught up once I have the spreadsheet sorted out :)

Will be back asap before the weekend for sure :)

MissSMcC
06-19-2014, 04:28 AM
Novus that's a shame about the shoot, hopefully you will be able to reschedule. Nothing much to report with me, I'm starting TOTM so hopefully it won't affect my weigh in too much. It's cold and rainy here today, has been really hot the past few days. I won a competition that a band I like we're doing on Facebook, I won a one off picture disc vinyl of their latest single, so excited to get it in th post :)

Nightkatt
06-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Okee everyone .. I thought I would post everyones results as there are so few of us left ... I think we all deserve honourable mentions .. if for nothing else .. then for sticking to it regardless of our individual weekly results :)

Sooooo week 7 results .. pretty much the halfway point :)

TEAM - This week - 4.4 pounds Lost
Total loss 34.5 pounds. :carrot:
Percentage lost this week - 0.31%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 2.39% :carrot:

MISSSMcC - This week - 1 pound Lost
Total loss 5 pounds.
Percentage lost this week - 0.42%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 2.08%

KATT - This week - 1 pound gain :(
Total loss 3.6 pounds.
Percentage gain this week - 0.42%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 1.56%

KRIS - This week - 0.5 pounds Lost
Total loss 6.1 pounds.
Percentage lost this week - 0.33%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 3.89%

NOVUS - This week - 1.2 pounds Lost
Total loss 9.2 pounds.
Percentage lost this week - 0.71%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 5.20%

LORIANN - This week - 1 pound Gain
Total loss 4.6 pounds.
Percentage gain this week - 0.33%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 1.51%

DANGEROUSC - This week - 2 pounds Lost
Total loss 4 pounds.
Percentage lost this week - 1.3%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 2.56% :carrot::carrot:

DAHLIA - This week - 1.7 pounds Lost
Total loss 1.8 pounds.
Percentage lost this week - 1.03%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 1.09%

NLAUAH - This week - 0.8 pound Gain
Total loss 3 pounds.
Percentage gain this week - 0.44%
Total percentage lost in challenge - 1.09%

Sooo there we go .. if you like how I have done this I am happy to do it each week so you can all see an overall pic of how we are tracking? It may mean a little later on Monday before I post it lol .. but I can do it as the opening post on each weeks new chat thread :)

Let me know your thoughts or if you prefer just a shorthand of the top 3-4?

Hugs all .. weigh in tomorrow for me .. hopefully I have done better for the team this week than I did last week :)

Novus
06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
I like seeing the numbers like this Nightkatt! I always figure my own numbers like this and it's nice to see the side-by-side comparison with the other team members.

I am a bit confused on your numbers for Dahlia55 (which I noticed because it's so different from my calculation).

Week 6: 164.9
Week 7: 163.2
Loss = 1.7
You have it as 1.8?

And for percentage...
1.7/164.9 x 100 = 1.03% (loss/previous week's weight X 100 = percent)
You have it as 0.23?

I could very well be wrong. I suck at math. :D But thought I'd mention it in case you want to double check.

MissSMcC
06-19-2014, 06:14 PM
Wow that's great thanks Kat! :)

Nightkatt
06-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Novus u r prob right. Can't get on net proper til I get home but will look at what I have done there and let y'all know ASAP.
I love seeing the numbers like this too. I actually use an online calc to work out percentages cos I really suck with that when I am rushing lol.
Just finished work but meeting hunny for a light dinner out so will get onto it as soon as I get home :).

Nightkatt
06-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Okee .. have gone and corrected it lol .. you were right .. I was looking at the wrong numbers cos those numbers I have used now are what were actually written on my spreadsheet .. dont know what I was thinking lol.

Also I do have some bad news ... I have been advised that Nlauah was actually eliminated week 6 as there was no weigh in before cut off time for weigh in ... sad to have to say this though as I hadnt seen it wasnt there ... sorry for any misunderstandings etc. But Nlauah if you would like to stick with us and weigh in each week Im more than happy to keep track for you too as an unofficial team member :) Just let me know :)

Right ..time to get some minutes in with my hunny before bed time lol .. Hugs all and if Im not posting this weekend its just because Im either working or family time :) Hugs!

Novus
06-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Glad you got the numbers sorted Nightkatt. :)

I had to post a gain this week. Sorry Team. :( June is proving to be a crappy month for me as far as weight loss. BUT I've gotten quite a few comments/compliments this week so I guess something is happening. Increasing my exercising is producing some changes in my body so it's worth it to not see scale movement, I guess. I've definitely lost some back fat (yay!) and in certain places my bones are getting so obvious (hello collarbone!).

Yesterday, I ran into someone I went to high school with and am friends with on facebook. She saw me and her jaw dropped. (I don't think I've ever actually seen that cliché happen before. :lol: ) After a minute of standing there with her mouth open she said, "You look amazing! It's one thing to see pictures on facebook but...wow. Just look at you!" :D (I've been fat since childhood - like 8 years old - so the new me is a BIG change.)

It's chilly and rainy today so it would've been a crappy day for the photo shoot so I'm less disappointed about that now. The photographer and I are trying to work out a day for rescheduling.

And because of the weather I think I'm just going to have a lazy day. I'd planned to run this morning but I think I'll just wait and do that tomorrow. Today I'm just going to clean and prepare for the upcoming week....and probably spend some time curled up with blankets and movies.

Happy weekend everyone....and good luck with weigh-in! :cheer2:

kris2008
06-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Katt - I love seeing everyone's numbers! Thanks!

MissSMcC - Good for you winning the competition!

Novus - Sorry about the shoot, but with the rain today, turned out to be a good thing. I'm not running yet, but I am trying to sprint on the elliptical and a bit on the treadmill. Elliptical doesn't hurt my hip as much and is really strengthening my weak right thigh. So maybe running in the future will happen.

I am finally in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I have not been in the 140's for over 20 years.

5 more weeks to go. It will pass by before we know it. My goal is to hit at least 145 and to get stronger.

Novus
06-21-2014, 11:49 AM
I am finally in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I have not been in the 140's for over 20 years.

:cp::hat::congrat::hat::cp:

That is AWESOME!

Nightkatt
06-22-2014, 03:25 AM
KRIS - That is a fantastic result for you :) Well done .. Im sure you must be feeling so brilliant .... wahoo for you :)

NOVUS - I think this month has been a roller coaster for a lot of us on 3FC ... but as long as we keep trying we are winning. And what a wonderful reaction you received :) I dont see my family very often, but when I do they are very complimentary and you are right, regardless of what the scales are telling you its fantastic to have it acknowledged in other ways :)

Will start getting the numbers calculated tonight and get it posted tomorrow in the new weeks thread ... hopefully get a chance before I go to work, if not it will be up as soon as I get home :)

Nightkatt
06-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Just checked .. still waitin on MissSMcC, LoriAnn, DangerousC & Dahlia :) Hope we see you on the boards this week :) And as I already said Nlauah if you want to still keep posting unofficially would love to see you sticking to it too :)

MissSMcC
06-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Yay Kris well done :)
I stayed the same this week, was looking at a loss earlier in the week but TOTM arrived and shot it back up. Never mind, there's always next week and I'm glad I won't be on my bad week whilst I'm away.
Novus June isn't being too kind to any of us I think, well done for weighing in anyway and sticking to your exercise :)

Dahlia55
06-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't know what it is about this year, but it's officially SUMMER,but boy did it sneak up on me!!! Maybe we're all tooooooo busy to notice, but I, for one, have had my head in the sand! Time to take this seriously! One day at a time, one pound at a time!!! Here's to eating more fruits & veggies!!! Have a great week everyone!:carrot::carrot::carrot: