South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - June 7 and 8

Good morning! I woke at 3 but went right back to sleep until 6. Yesterday's meeting solved a lot of my accounting worries as M. is going to do a load of work for me. We also had a good productive work day at the Mill - the staff got the Town Hall porch painted and the place is looking good.

Today is Mill bread selling day and I picked up the 50 loaves at the baker last evening. What a gorgeous drive through the country and down a back road to Margo's farm on top of a hill! You can see for miles and everything is green and lush. We sat on her porch for a while although she sure couldn't spare the time. She also bakes bread for a Farmer's Market over in Portland and it as still in the oven. They have dairy cattle they milk and feed the milk to the pigs as they also sell pork. An ambitious and hard working couple who are really struggling.

Later this morning, I'm heading off to town to Staples for office stuff and then just may look at clothes! I really need to perk up my summer wardrobe - lots of gardening clothes but need something a tad dressier for some events this summer. Of course I wish I was 20 pounds lighter but ...

Have a good weekend, Beachies. It looks like a beer-can chicken kind of day!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning. I too woke up early and have been reading for a bit before starting chores. Today's major plan is to defrost my freezer since it is a bit emptier than Normal. You would think I would have done it back when it was cold enough to put the food outside but some people don't plan ahead well. In between it will be laundry and a bit of cleaning. Not sure if I will make it to garden work. At least with all the rain I don't have to water!!!
Have a great day chicks!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Beth, I didn't do my freezer during the winter either. So silly since it's right beside the back door. It's loaded with baking supplies right now - seems I've not been doing as much baking for bake sales lately. Is it possible that I've learned to say no?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Not to brag, but Jake did defrost our freezer over the winter, but not without me nagging at him to get it done. It was getting so bad that we only could use about 1/3 of the space in there!

I sure wish I were enjoying a slice of toast made with that fresh baked mill bread this morning, Ruth. I remember those cinnamon rolls from last year. Mmmmm!

I hope your day is productive, Beth, but make sure you take time to enjoy the weekend!

Cyndi, have a great time camping, and I have my fingers crossed that there's a space left for you at the campground.

Sophie, Happy Anniversary! Do something special for yourselves today!

Jake and I are heading over to Monica's later this morning. Carley's Irish Dance School is having a Beef & Beer fundraiser tonight, and I've been assured there will be plenty of vegetarian options for me. Since it's going to be a late night, we're sleeping over and will come back after church in the morning.

Well, I'm going to go give my gardens a good watering before I leave. Have a great weekend!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I have a busy day ahead and so I'll just say a quick hello and wish you all a great weekend!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are getting ready to head out to a picnic on base in a few minutes but wanted to stop by.

I need to do chores but kinda of hard to do when you have people over for sleepovers. I still have some asleep

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and all of the plans. I don't have a freezer other than the refrigerator one and it's good to go.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

It is so good to finally come back and have you all be here!

Hit that magic number weight yesterday, and jolted myself back onto the beach. DH thinks he will come along - but it has only been 6 hours for him and he is claiming he is starving to death. Sigh. Have a turkey roll up, honey.

Be well!

Last edited by ultimatebea; 06-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Bea. It was nice wakening up from my wee nap and seeing you here. I've been sleeping poorly but am slowly easing back to normal. Had a trip to town this morning and shopped a bit - guess I'm not used to the excitement.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:16 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! And it's beautiful out there at 60º! I'm all rested and rarin' to go after a good sleep. Before I get into my gardening duds, I'll try on the new things I bought in town yesterday and decide what to wear to this darned Victorian Tea this afternoon. Jeans and a garden shirt won't work!

Have a good summer Sunday, chickies!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Welcome back, Bea! My DH is over the hill so I had a larger than usual list of chores before heading to work. Everything is done except my smoothie and saying hello to all of my friends here. I wish you all a wonderful and OP day and I'm heading out to sit on the porch with another cup of coffee before I head to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the 're-welcomes'!

Beautiful day here- now to figure out how to replace the blown capacitor in the pool pump . . .

Two great phase one days, and dh is out for the day, so I am having two of my favorites- mushrooms in my omelette, and shrimp for lunch!

Be well!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! It is beautiful here today as well. I must get outside as most of my chores yesterday where inside. I did mange to get some reading down as well.

Cottage, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who lets the freezer ice get out of control. When the square boxes can't stack anymore, it's past time to remove it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Yesterday I worked, baked cookies, went out for dinner with friends. This morning I'm cleaning and getting ready for guests. Some of DH's family are coming over to work on genealogy together. Meanwhile I've been busy building my own tree with my newly discovered family from my dad's biological side.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

My day was crazy busy. We weren't made aware that the big bike event was coming through town. Families come to cheer everyone on....it's a 500 mile non professional tour. I work the back room and my sales were $1000. That's a lot of pancakes and eggs! I definitely got my exercise in!

I've got a light dinner planned and will go to bed early as I have to get a floor painted before I go to work in the morning. I had told my helper I'd get it done today after work but forgot I'd scheduled with the pet sitter who will stay at the house with Bing when we go to Key West on the 23rd. She was very thorough and the pup really likes her. Because of his separation anxiety he will go with her everywhere which is Not the usual. I feel really good about this.

See y'all tomorrow!
Closed Thread