100 lb. Club - What food item do you refuse to give up!

Sunday115
06-07-2014, 12:01 AM
When changing your lifestyle, is there anything you refuse not to have on at least a semi-regular basis. For me it's diet soda, I probably only drank one or two cans a week anyway (and I crave it like mad during shark week [TOM]).

ubergirl
06-07-2014, 12:45 AM
2% milk in my coffee.

Sunday115
06-07-2014, 01:47 AM
I agree with you on the whole fat! I also drink whole milk when I make my protein shakes or iced coffee, it keeps me full, Skim milk has the same effect as water to me.

Trazey34
06-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Yup, I'll never give up a splash of cream in my coffee! 1 cup a day (of coffee not cream haha) and i want it delicious

GirlyGirlSebas
06-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Full-fat cheese. I love cheese and I think it makes everything taste delicious. However, the total fat and calories can add up quickly. So, I have it in moderation...a little shredded cheddar on my eggs, feta in my salad, etc.

Streudel
06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
There's nothing I have to have daily, nor is there anything I feel I have to give up permanently. Frequency is negotiable for 99% of my diet.

Sat. is our weekly burger and fries night, and so shall it be for now and for evermore. Burger night is sacred.

General Tso's is every two weeks, though that's only because it make it myself and I don't have the energy to make it more often. Otherwise, it would be the base of my food pyramid. I can and have eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Pizza is like General Tso's in that it's bi-weekly and that I could eat it for all three meals. Unlike Tso's, it's too easy to get ( there's great pizza within walking distance ). I could put a serious hurting on my calorie and financial budget if I didn't give myself a schedule.

Agree with GirlyGirlSebas, I love full fat cheese of all varieties. I carefully measure it now, but I won't hesitate to have it whenever I can fit it into my calorie budget.

Brandis
06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I will not live without my fizzy drinks. In my case, it is diet soda, but I will also drink citrus flavored sparkling water. I just really like carbonated beverages. I just don't drink full sugar sodas, because they make my teeth feel "fuzzy." Ick. I have given up soda before, and I didn't observe a particular weight loss advantage. Some people are sensitive to artificial sweeteners. I don't seem to notice that with myself.

Lecomtes
06-07-2014, 11:59 AM
So, I am working on graduating to being animal product free, but cheese is basically the equivalent of crack to me. :) I'd really like to say goodbye to it forever, except maybe homemade goat cheese. I enjoy it in moderation now, but the substitutes just can't compete with the real deal in this case.

TheSatinPumpkin
06-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Coffee, HWC and Davinci SF.

LadyPetite
06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I had to think really hard and I've come to realize... there's nothing in the world I actually desire anymore. Because I made a point of never to exclude anything ever again. I guess you could say I refuse to give ANYTHING up. Everything in moderation. And eating this way has made me so happy.

time2lose
06-07-2014, 01:45 PM
For now.. my Diet Dr. Pepper....... I may give it up someday, but not in the foreseeable future.

GordonGirl16
06-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Ice cream/froyo. I used to have it 3-4 times a week, now it's just one actual 1/2 cup serving once a week. It's always been my biggest guilty pleasure. And, I haven't had chinese food since eating better, but I don't think I could go the rest of my life without ever eating it again. Probably it will become a once a month or so thing

Martine
06-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Peanut butter. I've tried natural peanut butter and hated it. I've tried making my own, it was alright but nothing like smooth peanut butter out of a jar. I have one piece of toast each morning with peanut butter and have learned to refrain from eating spoonfuls straight out of the jar. But I am not giving it up entirely.

IanG
06-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Beer and wine. I drank it all the way down. Regularly too!

tardyfortheparty
06-07-2014, 08:06 PM
For me it's pasta alfredo! I love, love, love frying garlic in some olive oil and then mixing in pasta then alfredo sauce with a dash of pepper. I recently started purchasing the lower fat, lower calorie kind of sauce and I am not compromising taste. I have it at least twice a week.

I also try to use real sugar instead of sweeteners. Life is too damn short to drink coffee--my most beloved drink--with a damn Splenda.

Slashnl
06-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I haven't given up anything except being totally blind to total calories. I am pretty good at making sure I stay within my calorie goal each day, but there are times that I do go over. That's ok! Just so it isn't all the time.

But specific foods, like pizza, I will fit in to my calorie goal. Obviously, moderation is key, but I want to be able to sustain this lifestyle after I get to goal.

lotsakids
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
watermelon, it sends my blood sugar to the moon but I can't resist it :P

lotsakids
06-07-2014, 08:49 PM
thanks, I'm going to test it out!

FatAbbi
06-08-2014, 12:46 AM
I won't eat low fat cheese.

Novus
06-08-2014, 07:17 AM
I allow myself anything in moderation. The only thing I've completely eliminated from my diet is wheat because my body just seriously hates it. However, I am eating low carb so I have to severely limit portions for a lot of things or find substitutes.

The one exception is pizza. Two or three slices of pizza maxes out my carb limit for the day but all low carb alternatives I've tried did not make me happy. So, about once a month I totally splurge on gluten free pizza. The local pizzeria makes a gf pizza that is just as good as their regular and I've found a few brands of frozen gf pizza that I really like also.

Forever and always, I will eat and enjoy pizza - in all of its caloric carby wonderfulness. :jeno: :jeno: :jeno:

Nanu
06-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Chocolate and coffee. I try to stick to the dark bitter kind but I have it every day.

Sunday115
06-08-2014, 10:52 AM
I agree with many of you that you shouldn't ever cut out anything for good. But it seems that most of us have a couple of things we just gotta have on a regular basis lol. Also, I gotta have Kraft mac and cheese at least like once every 6 weeks. I consider this to be literally the worst food possible for you but I don't care haha. I always have kraft mac and cheese for breakfast on my birthday. I'll never give that tradition up. NEVER! (I love kraft mac and cheese and my mom once said after I wanted it for breakfast as a kid "You can do that when you're 18!" So I did, on my 18th bday, and every bday since)

Olivia7906
06-08-2014, 11:31 AM
I have such a delicious weekly spread that I don't feel like I've given up anything that I enjoy to eat. My taste buds and preferences have changed so the things that I may have refused to give up are now the things I frown at and have no desire to eat (like processed junk food). There was a day where I would have said I REFUSE to give up my hot chips LOL! Don't feel that way anymore though :D

Mozzy
06-08-2014, 03:31 PM
I've given up all sorts of things for various reasons for various amounts of time. But honestly, I like the taste of sweet. So I usually have something sweet once a day. It doesn't necessarily have to be candy or sugar, just the taste of "sweet"

synger
06-08-2014, 06:01 PM
full-fat cheese. The low-fat stuff is just not worth it.

IanG
06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I want to add that to not give something up is just so important in this game because it keeps the mental side in check.

And weightloss is mostly a mental challenge, not a physical one.

So we are all awesome. For not giving up.

Slashnl
06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
I want to add that to not give something up is just so important in this game because it keeps the mental side in check.

And weightloss is mostly a mental challenge, not a physical one.

So we are all awesome. For not giving up.

Well said!

LataJones
06-09-2014, 03:49 PM
A mass-produced, store-bought cupcake a day and fish and chips once a week.

Love these food items too much to ever give them up. Keeps me satisfied and less likely to binge on crap.

activeadventurer
06-12-2014, 06:17 AM
I crave and have tortilla chips now and then.

Frances123
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I used to eat a lot of low fat stuff, but now I eat full fat cheese, yogurt, bacon (not turkey bacon, either!), butter, real eggs, and milk. I refuse to give up the honey with my morning yogurt and 'junk' peanut butter spoonful every afternoon...and once I get into the 170s, I'm adding in full-fat ice cream, every single week! Right now sugar is stalling my weight loss, so gotta change things up and be patient. :) I haven't really given it up - just postponing it!

JenteIsving
06-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Cappuccino

sparky09
06-17-2014, 02:18 PM
While my better half is lactose intolerant and I try not to keep it in the house (because he has no self control and will eat/drink it no matter the consequences...) I just cannot let go of dairy. Milk, cheese and cream in my coffee, chocolate, ice cream and so on. I have always been a milk lover. The key nowadays is everything in moderation :)

FeraFilia
06-17-2014, 02:55 PM
I refuse to completely give up *any* food. The way my brain works, that would just lead me to a binge of that food. If it fits in my calorie goal for the day, I eat it. If my craving for something is particularly demanding, I will add it to my logging of food for the day to make sure it fits.

Over the last 6 weeks(ish) I've had no horrible awful cravings, and I've had an ice cream sandwich for dessert almost every night. :)

sparky09
06-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I agree, FeraFilia. If I deny myself anything I will end up in a binge on it that will totally destroy my progress. I try to make it fit to. I try to tell myself that this isn't a "diet" it is a slow transformation into a new lifestyle (eating, exercising, smaller portions) that just so happens to include a skinnier me :)

Candidcamster
06-18-2014, 03:13 PM
It was whole milk, but now I am hearing milk period may not be great when you're trying to lose weight, so I don't plan on drinking it for awhile.
I guess I refuse to give up sweets, at least for right now. I get my fix from Vita Muffins by Vitalicious brand (Weight Watchers Girl on Youtube got me hooked on them) they are made with a mix of sugar and natural calorie-free sweeteners (such as stevia & monk fruit), with no chemical sweeteners like (like splenda, aspartame or saccharine), so I am in love right now.

canadjineh
06-18-2014, 04:13 PM
:cheese: Grana Padano Parmesan in the chunk. :cheese: I found a store where I can get it for $23.00/Kg instead of $35. Just choosing to eat smaller chunks at a time, and making sure I do not combine it with high carb items in the same meal/snack.

Liana

Nori71
08-04-2014, 08:21 PM
:cheese:
Sharp cheddar, Cottage, Goat, Parmesan, Havarti, Gouda, Cotija, Pepper Jack ...and not the low-fat variety of any of them except for Cottage cheese. I've cut back, but I will never not allow myself to have some!

joefla70
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM
:cheese:
Sharp cheddar, Cottage, Goat, Parmesan, Havarti, Gouda, Cotija, Pepper Jack ...and not the low-fat variety of any of them except for Cottage cheese. I've cut back, but I will never not allow myself to have some!

I love cheese, and most of the ones you named. But my recent favorite has been Manchego. LOVE that. So much so that I cannot keep it in the house or else I'll eat the whole wedge in no time!

foodfairy
08-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Great question! Was just talking about this over dinner last Fri night (Thai food in case you were wondering). Months ago I would have said Diet Coke, mostly because of the bubbles, but I've replaced my multi-can DC habit with one cup of coffee a day, BUT it has to have whip cream! Don't care if it's sugar free or low fat as long as I get to enjoy my fauxpuccino.

DreamingSmall
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Chocolate. GOOD chocolate, but still.

Darkblue
08-06-2014, 10:05 PM
My morning mug of hot tea with skim milk and real sugar.