Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #77

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #77

ECmom
07-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Stay at home Mom's #77
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, humor and support. Feel comfortable to join us all newcomers and regulars as we share our lives while losing weight. Be sure to go back to SAHM's #76 to check up on what has been going on in our lives.
Hope you are having a Great OP Day!

Ginny

ECmom
07-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Hi!!!!!
Dh is standing right here.......so this will be short. Go to the Weight watchers thread and look under recipes.....and dessert. Someone there posted the angelfood cake recipe. I'm gonna try it tomorrow and will let you know how I fare.
Got another walk in- 4 points of walking today and tomorrow is WI. See ya tomorrow!!!!!:)
Ginny

mel17
07-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi,

I made it back, but it sure take it out of me to just go to the DR. Anyway, the baby is growing and doing fine, but it seem that I have another bladder infection. Hum, I wasn't happy about that, since I just finished my meds. for my ear/sinus infection yesterday!?! Oh well, other than that, Dh, Ds and I toured the Maternity ward at the hospital today, and I did my preregistrations, so I'm all set!!!

Well ladies, I'm drained, I'll be back tomorrow!

Have a good night!

spryng
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Good evening all!
Mel I'm glad everything is going well with you and the baby. Sorry about that bladder infection, they are the worst. But it's good they discovered it because it can cause preterm labor.
Ginny I think you are going to have a great WI tomorrow. Can't wait to find out.
I did ok today. I was so excited about losing the 5 lbs that I ate a little more than normal. but I know I still stayed within losing range so I shouldn't worry about it. I didn't get a walk in today... kinda had a long day and just couldn't get myself out the door. But tomorrow is another day to start fresh and new! :)
Well, I'm beat so off to bed I go. Hope everyone is having a great night.

lovnmom
07-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Jen, Ooooo a concert - I haven't been to a concert in like 12 yrs. Lucky you! Great job getting the biking done , those first steps or pedals are the hardest!....Ginny, On the WW plan do you get to eat the extra points for the day if you exercise?....Melissa, Sorry to hear about the infection - I hope you're not too uncomfortable.....Spryng, I too always splurge a little after a good WI. Yesterday I was down 1# so I had a 1/2 order of grande nachos from taco bell. mmmmm good! Had a nice eve with family. We had a little grocery shopping to do, so dh took children through taco bell drive through while I shopped and then on too the park for supper. It's a real nice park with a little zoo and a lot of play things. The weather here has been just beautiful as long as swimming is not one of the things you want to do. It's a bit breezy for that. This weather came at just the right time though. We had been swimming almost daily for 4 weeks if the weather hadn't changed the children would probably be bored with that and if it was still HOT they'd probably be sitting on their behinds in the house and I'd be wishing for school! Have a great OP day all!

Kristi

ECmom
07-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Good afternoon!!
Glad to see that most everyone made it over here............Jackie is still among the missing~ Hey, Jackie!!!!! Where ya hiding????We miss you!!! Ain't the same 'round these parts without you.

Kristi- sounds like you had a great day, between some great weather, a park, a zoo and not having to make dinner:) . Congrats on the 1# loss!!!!! You have worked so hard for this. Congrats!!! As far as WW goes, yes you earn "points" for the day by excercising. There are different levels of excercise- and of course that will help determine the true point value (so will how much you weigh- the heavier you are, the more points for the same duration of activity) but our leader (just as a means of standardizing for conversation) equates one mile of walking- at about 20 minutes of moderate excercise- to one point. So if you are walking at a moderate pace for an hour that is roughly 3 points. (as I said it is a bit more complex than that, but that is a good place to start!).WW recommends 1-2 activity points per day, and increasing that to 3-4 points per day as you approach your goal weight.

Spryng- congrats on the 5# loss!!!!!! I would not worry about one day over in calories.......you are doing great and still, just had a baby! How is Tanner??

Melissa- what a bummer~ another bladder infection???:?: They are so wickedly uncomfortable too- and as pregnant as you are!
Have you tried drinking cranberry juice as a preventative? I used to be plagued by the dumb things- and found that 6 oz of cranberry juice at bedtime would rid me of an infection- if I caught it early enough. The cranberry juice (low pH) reduces the pH your system- and if you drink it just before bed the low pH sits all night and does the most good then. Big hug to you~ hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!

Got my 3.5 mile, hour long walk in this am....got good and sopping wet too as it started to pour halfway thru!:lol: I don't care, I was going to take a shower anyway and did not have to get wet first today;) . My WI was ok- I gained 0.2# (huh???)- but I made the WW stir fried green beans last nite- 1 point per serving- and they are awesome.......but high in salt. So, I figure that it was all the soy sauce used in that recipe. That's ok, I';; get even with that scale next week!:p

Gotta scoot!!!!!!!!! See ya later and have a great day!
Ginny

gemini
07-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Kristi.... so sorry about your bladder infection. :( I will echo Ginny's advice about the cranberry juice. Hope it clears quickly. Before you know it, baby will be here! :)

Spryng.... you are doing fabo! Keep it up!:D

Ginny.... Don't worry about the WI. You are doing all the right things with your diet and exercise. Sometimes, our bodies have a mind of their own, right? Hang in there. :)

I have been busting my butt all morning. The concert was awesome last night. But, every parent's worst nightmare.... the cell phone rang! The sitter was having a tough time with dd, who is almost 8 and does not like it when we're (or should I say I'm) not home. I am at my wit's end with this kid. I work nights (11p-7a) so that I can be home all day with the kids, and work while they're sleeping. Every night I work, dd is up 1/2 dozen times, crying and carrying on th dh about how she misses me. Last night was the first time she's ever done it with the sitter when we've gone out together. I try to plan special alone time for her and I, leave her things to remind her of me, etc. I just can't think of what else to do. I am really starting to get frustrated with her behavior, but I don't want her to know that. She is very sensitive and private, and doesn't like to talk about her feelings. I'm afraid if she thinks I am angry with her for missing me, she will shut down and never speak to me for fear that I will be angry with her. Any suggestions?

Whew, now that I have rambled....... I gotta get back to work. I am trying to get this house in order so that we can leave for vacation on Friday. I still have tons of laundry to do! And I have to work tonight, so that means I am no good for at least half of tomorrow. No exercise today, since I will be busy til dh gets home, and then need to get a nap in before work. No exercise tomorrow, either, since I don't get to sleep until dh gets home from work, at about 7pm. But, I am just trying to make good eating decisions. And I should get some hiking in while on vacation next week.

OK, back to work. I may not be around until after vacation, which would be about the 3rd of August. Hope everyone stays well!!!!

ECmom
07-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi!
Just had a frustrating internet session with Dd..........about college majors, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Jen, glad that the concert was great- but So sorry about Dd!! As of the moment I am not feeling creative about that kind of separation anxiety- but I do have similar with Dd (7)- she can really tuck in sometimes and just want to glue to my side. This will not help one bit.....but this phase she is going thru will pass- and believe it or not you will miss her attachment to you!
Gotta scoot!!!!! Have a great vacation, Jen!:)
Ginny

mel17
07-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi ladies!

Just popping in for a minute to say Hi! I've been trying to rest, and get lots of water in me, since I'm having a few contractions again but nothing major!

Ginny, I have been drinking Cran juice but not before bed, hum maybe I'll have to do that!?! I've been having it in the AM, and it hasn't been working all that well? Luckily the bladder infection isn't too bad, it seem that it was just getting started up again, so maybe it won't get worse before it gets better!!! As for your gain, I'm sure you're right, it was probably the soy sauce and will be gone in no time and soon you'll be getting a star for losing 30lbs!

Sorry I haven't been addressing everyone, I'm just about give out, and this wooden chair at my PC is rough on the back! I'll try to check back again later.

TTFN

ECmom
07-23-2003, 09:13 PM
Hi!
Just me again, in for a quick hello.

Melissa- oh, I feel awful for you. Try the cranberry at nite- it worked for me and I was getting an infection every other month.
The Dr actually told me to drink it at nite, and I also read an article echoing the information. Do your best to stay comfortable, no easy feat 8 months prego and with a bladder infection to boot!!!!! Hope that you got your rest in and the contractions calmed down.

Now onto the pineapple angelfood cake........ I gave it a try. It came out well, Dh liked it ( my biggest critic!)- I found it a bit too moist, but I made it in 2 loaf pans instead of 24 muffins. That might solve the problem. This is what I did~

1 box angelfood cake mix (One bowl kind, I used Pillsbury. It needs to be one bowl kind.....I'll explain later)
1 20 oz jar pineapple (crushed in juice)

Prepare the cake mix as described on the label, except use 1/2 cup of water - NOT 1 1/4 cups water as the box describes.
Fold in the pineapple and juice. The cake/fruit mix gets a wee bit runny (that is why I cut way back on the water). Pour into 2 loaf pans or tins to make 24 muffins. Bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes, checking to avoid burning and to be sure that the cake is done.

It comes out a bit heavier than regular angelfood cake- and I know I used the big can of pineapple (was all I had in the house!). I wonder if I used the small can......but then there would not be much pineapple flavor. With the 20 oz can of pineapple 1/24 of the mix (one muffin) is about 95 calories......2 WW points. ( my rough calculations).
Nuff from me!!!!! Gotta go- have a great nite.
Ginny

lovnmom
07-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Ginny, great job getting that long walk in and thanks for the WW info. I too add a little extra something when I've exercise good, but not always. Alas, I'm one of those who has totally ruined her metabolism by dieting so my cals. can't go too high even with exercsie and still lose. Forget the .2# gain soy sauce is a killer for the water gain, but it does make veggies oh so yummy....Jen, Too bad you night was interrupted. I have no help for you since I never had child that attached after say 2 y/o. We own a convenience /farm/auto repair store and our children spend a lot of time there so they just naturally became very social. It sounds like you at least heard a good concert....Melissa, Take care dear....Me? I had a good day. I did an old Richard Simmons' tape and had a ball. It didn't feel like exercise. I guess I needed the change. My dd seems to have caught the biking bug. She wanted to ride after dinner again tonight so away we went. My sister owns a bowling alley in a little town 3 miles from us so we rode there and visited her awhile and had a pop. Then we rode the 3 miles home. So, I ended up getting a ride in after all, but with her along I really enjoyed it! I hope when she's grown we can be friends. Have a great night all.

WM 45--------BM 46

Kristi

Freckles
07-24-2003, 02:44 AM
Hi!

I thought that I'd stop in to at least keep a foot in the door at this thread! :lol: I've been extremely busy. Most of it is due to carting dd around to different activities. Thee Olde Wagon is sure getting some extra miles on it lately. Well gals, I'm pooped-so off to bed I go!! I'll try & sneak in later on Thursday. TTFN

ECmom
07-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Good morning!!!!!!
Well, just a quick hello here....another busy day on tap.
Jackie- glad that you are still alive, and sound happy- but busy.
We do miss you!!

Kristi- good for you getting all that excercise in!!! I hear ya- sometimes we have to do something different so it does not feel like work. Glad that old tape did just the trick. And all that biking too. Gotta love those moments when you really like your own kids.....I sure hope that you can stay "friends" too! It is such a nice feeling.
Gotta go - Oh, I did get a nice walk in- just 1/2 hour......but nice, nevertheless.
Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
07-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Good afternoon all!
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We were gone all day at the in-laws, took the kids swimming and I even got in too! It felt so nice. I counted that as my exercise for yesterday. i did really good on my eating also. Sometimes it is hard to stay OP at someone elses house but I did good. I ended up having a baked potato, fresh sliced tomatoes, a small amount of cottage cheese and green beans. So mostly it was veggies for dinner. But I was satisfied and it all tasted so good! Today I've been good too. I've had a lean gourmet meal for lunch and plan on roasting a chicken for dinner with broccoli and such on the side. Mmmm... feeling hungry already. :) I hope to get a walk in this evening too.
Other than that I am ok. Been dealing with a little bit of hormones lately that send me crying or angry. I hate those. My Dh is trying to get into Truck Driving School and it's been frustrating to say the least. Class starts on aug 4th so we are running out of time. Plus that puts more stress on me because once he finishes the class (which is 4 weeks) he'll be an over the road driver and I won't see him much. He could be out as short as 2-3 days at a time or 6-7 weeks at a time. Ugh. But we need to get back on our feet financially since Dh has been off work for 10 weeks now. It really hurt our pocket book. So I'm trying to look at the pros of this job. PLus once he has some experiance in this field he can get a local route that keeps him home every night. Everything is temporary. But we have to get him in the class first. And my in-laws are driving me nuts. Nothing new there. Mostly MIL. She is so selfish sometimes and is so negative about everything. But anyway... that is another story.
Sorry I can't get personal right now. I just jumped on to say hi and I hope everyone is doing good. I'll chat more tonight.

KarenW
07-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone!

I dont have time to do a huge post but I thought I would pop in to let you know I am doing well!

My surgery was yesterday at 7:30 AM and I was back home before noon! The doctor didnt have to take my ovary and tube! (WooHOO) but it was a bigger job than he thought even going in thinking my those were my problem. The scar tissue from the 2 c-sections and my last Laporoscopy 8 years ago caused my bladder and uterus to fuse together. and the another part of my uterus was fused to the front of my pelvis. Now he was able to separate everything and remove the scar tissue and the endometriosis as well. He has a great prognosis that I will be pain free, but if I ever have the pain come back, I will have to have a hystorectomy. :( sigh.

Today I feel pretty good. I havent had to take the percoset at all (yet) but I feel like I did right after I had my kids, sore down below! But I can move around and do stuff which is good. I even went with mom to the grocery store just to pick up a couple of things for dinner. It was good to walk around a bit.

Jen - I remember you too! Welocme back... and I have to say I am SOOOOO Jealous. I LOVE BON JOVI! I couldnt get tickets when they were here in Seattle! But even my kids love them (5 and 7) DD is a Richie Sambora girl and I am a David Bryan kind of girl! Although Jon makes me drool too.. but gotta love those curls! In fact I have the Bon Jovi Screen Saver on my computer. LOL!

Ginny, Spryng, Mel, Kristi, Jackie (Good to hear from you!) I will try to post more later Sounds like all are doing well. I wanted to check in an let you all know how it went and that I am doing well!

Hopefully I will feel a bit better tomorrow. I need to get my feet up now...

Hugs!

ECmom
07-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Hi!
I came on to get out of the kitchen!;) Hope y'all don't mind!

Spryng- great to hear from you!!!!!! Sounds like you had a good day- swimming and all. Jackie's Dh is a trucker~ so this will give you one more thing in common. And as you said, it is all temporary, but it will be tough in the beginning. The good thing is that Dh is willing to take on something new to provide for you and his family, unfortunately there are some men who are not willing to make that sacrifice. As far as the inlaws goes........my MIL is the most negative, bossy, selfish person I know, so I can sympathize with you there! Hang in there, and just try to control what you say to her.....for some reason whenever I pick on my MIL's it backfires and I end up in even worse shape than before!
Vent to us......and try to maintain the peace. Big hugs!!!!

Karen~ I am SO happy for you that you did not need to have your ovary removed......that is wonderful news! I'll pray for fast and complete healing for you and that the crummy pain will not return!!!! Does the Dr still feel that the surgery will alleviate all the discomfort that you had? Gee, I sure hope so. Take it easy while recovering........maybe do something relaxing like learn to crochet!:lol: ;) Ok, I am a wise guy...........Take advantage of having a good excuse to take a break, and heal up!!! Hugs to you too!!!!!!!

Well, Dh and Dd got into another spat tonite~ got pretty ugly too.
(their personalities are so much alike, and they are both too pig headed to see it!) They went out together to practice softball- I hope that they come home in a better frame of mind.
Well, guys, when the going gets tough- the tough start sewing!!!!!:D Gonna go break out that machine and unwind a bit.
Have a great nite!!!
Ginny

ECmom
07-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Waaaa???? No posts??????:o
Ok, so I am the queen of blabber these days.....
Just a short hello. I did actually get some sewing done last nite- ans I am SO happy about that! Got a ways to go before I finish this dress for Dd, but it is getting there.

I did get a walk in this am.......2.5 miles. It is going to be hot today and this weekend too....:( - why can't we have summer vacation with fall weather? Oh, well. My eating kind of fell apart yesterday (the major league blow up between Dd and Dh did me in). So far today, I am doing fine, have a plan of action for the day and its activities. This afternoon is Ds's last day of basketball camp and there is a game for the parents to watch, so I'll be dragging Dd to that and running some errands too. He has had a lot of fun- I'm happy for him.
Well, the housework awaits me.......have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
07-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Good afternoon all!
Sorry to hear your eating didn't go too well yesterday Ginny. I don't think mine did either. I had a lean gourmet for lunch, planned on roasted chicken for dinner but it wasn't thawed in time (so we'll have it today) so DH cooked shake-n-bake chicken breasts, scalloped potatos, and broccoli. I had half a chicken breast, a small amount of potatos, and a nice helping of broccoli, so that wouldn't have been so bad but then later I got hungry and had almost a whole can of jalepeno black eye peas with a slice of low fat corn bread. Does that seem like alot of cals for the day?? It does to me for some reason. o-well. Today I'm trying to do much better. I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and plan on that roasted chicken for dinner. So it should be much lighter than yesterday. I also didn't get any exercise in yesterday due to going to bed at 8 pm. I was just too tired to go walking. But I did get a great nights sleep. So lets plan on a walk tonight.
Well, Dh is definitely going to truck driving school come aug 4th. He was approved today. I'm happy. Class is over Aug 29th and he should be recruited into a job shortly after that. He's excited about it.
Well I have to get off here and into the shower. Actually... maybe I'll take my walk now and then hop into the shower. Good idea.
Talk to you all later!

ECmom
07-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Spryng- well, lets hope that we both can regroup today and get back on track! Hope that you got your walk in too!
As far as the black eyed peas......well, I know that the legume family, while really good for you are laden with calories. I'll check it out later for you. Aw, but you are doing better today- move foward and don't look behind!!!! Congrats on Dh getting approved to train for the new job. I hope that this works out for you and your family! Big hug to you and him- for doing what he has to do to make ends meet for your family!

Gotta go get dinner on the table. See ya later!!!!!!
Ginny (so far eating is well under control............I hope!!!!:lol: )

spryng
07-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Well I did good today after all. I did make that roasted chicken and it came out so goood!! I even got my walk in after I posted earlier. It was so hot outside though. I don't think I'll try a middle of the day walk again. Now I need to go buy some running shoes. My poor feet have had it. Last time I walked I ended up rubbing a blister on the back of my ankle that burst and bled (ouch!) and today I rubbed one on the bottom of my foot that really hurts. My feet can't take any more. I'm not a tennis shoe kind of girl but I think it's time I break down and buy a nice pair for walking or my feet are going to go on strike. :)
So glad your eating has been good today too Ginny. I guess we are all entitled to one bad day every now and then.
Well guess I'll hop off here. Talk to you all later!

lovnmom
07-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Hi Ginny, Sorry to hear there's disrupt in your home. I just hate when tempers fly, but sometimes it is necessary to clear the air. I hope you have a good time at ds basketball game.....Spryng, Sounds like you're doing great. I totally agree how hard it can be to stay OP at other people's homes. I almost always take my own food when it's just me and the kids going to visit my mom or otherwise I end up eating way too much......Karen, so glad to hear things went well and that you are home and feeling good. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Take care all and have a good weekend.

Kristi

ECmom
07-25-2003, 10:37 PM
Hi!
Just me stoppingl in for a quick hello. BTW, the reason I am online a lot these days is that Dd (the disrespectful 17 yr old) is playing at a tournament this weekend where some college scouts are expected to be. I know that some of her rotten attitude is nervousness. But Dh has me online a lot to email some of these coaches of her schedule......and I'll always sneak in here to say hello too!!!!!!!

Spryng-you deserve some walking shoes, my friend!!!! Good shoes make it a pleasure, and actually (for me at least) seem to propel me to the next step. I hope that you can get out and get a pair of walking shoes that work for you! Just think- Tanner can help you get in shape.....he can go in the stroller. Glad that you finished your day well. It looks as though I will do ok today also.

Kristi- yes, I enjoyed Ds's baskeball game......he has finally come onto his own and seems comfortable with himself (this has been a long time coming). So- even though he is not the star athlete his sister is (or not yet)- watching him brings us great joy- joy for him. So you bring your own food too?! I have to do that- especially at MIL's where everything is fatty and there are never any safe alternatives. Got any plans for the weekend?

Guess I'd better scoot.......have a great weekend!
Ginny

spryng
07-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Good evening all!
I thought I'd pop in one last time before I get in bed. I ened today well. didn't feel compelled to sneak back into the kitchen for any snacks or anything, so I am happy with that. Plus I did some toning with my 5 lb dumb bells for 15 minutes tonight so that gives me a little extra in the exercise department. And yes you are right Ginny, I deserve some walking shoes. Maybe I can get some next month. Right now things are tight. But maybe next month. until then I have to make due with what I have. Can I take a walk in my fuzzy slippers?? :) they are so comfortable and i know they won't give me blisters. lol I would love to take Tanner for walks too but we didn't get a stroller. I do have a carrier that I can wear with him in it but it's still too hot to put him it in right now. He can be a little furnace.
Ok, well I guess I should get off now. I hope everyone had a great day and will have a great weekend. I don't have anything planned... but hopefully you all do! :)

lovnmom
07-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi Ladies, We do actually ahve plans for the end of the weekend.Dh never knows for sure if he'll be able to get aaway from the business so many times expectant plans are put on hold until the last minute. With all that said, we are heading to Gurnee, Il to play at 6 flags. It's about a 3 hr. drive from here so we plan to leave around 9am tomorrow. We'll do the park all day tomorrow and spend the night and then do the park again on Mon. getting us home around 6pm Mon. night. When you have your own business mini vacations are all we seem to be able to squeeze in. Frankly with 4 children under 11 y/o this is about as much as I care to do anyway. They are still esier to care for in their home. As for diet and exercise. I did no exercise yesterday, but did manage a 3 mile hike Thurs. eve. I really enjoyed it. It had been months since I'd walk the woods. I'm nervous about going away even for the 2 days because I've really been fighting the urge to eat everything in sight yesterday and today! I have no excuse. No pms nothing to be upset about or anything. I just want to eat and 6 flags is non stop corn dogs, funnel cakes, ice cream, etc.... Send me a good vibe wish. Have a great weekend all.

MW 48......MB 46

Kristi

spryng
07-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon all!
Just wanted to pop in really quick. We are about to head out the door to go see the in laws. Take the kids swimming, etc. I did pretty good staying OP yesterday. Even got in a walk and did some swimming!! And get this... my MIL was so sweet. She heard me talking about needing some walking shoes so she took me show shopping! I now have the most comfortable shoes to walk in. It was so nice of her and unexpected. I walked in them yesterday and they felt so great.
Well, I don't have time to say much else. I hope everyone's weekend is going great. ttfn

ECmom
07-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Hi!!!!!!
Hope that everyone is having a great weekend.......

Krist-your trip to 6 Flags sounds like a lot of fun! I hope that you and your family have a great trip- and time away from home. Oh, I remember well that it is tons easier to take care of a young family at home...hey I am easier to take care of here too!!;) Does the 6Flags near you have a lot of stuff for young children? The one in NJ is more geared for teens........but still a fair amount of stuff for little ones. The food is so pricey..........so when we were there a month ago, I found it no temptation. I hope that you fared well with your eating- sometimes you have to allow yourself one treat and move on with life. And all the walking there is sure to burn off some calories!

Spryng- what a sweetie your MIL is! Congrats on the new walking shoes.....oh, I'll bet your piggies are smiling!:) But they do make a difference- and I know when my shoes are on their last legs and I do not have the cash to get new ones yet it is miserable. Enjoy and walk those hoofies off!!!:lol: Sounds like your eating has been good and you have been active. Good for you!!!

This has been a busy weekend.......Dh and Dd have been gone most of the weekend - should be home in an hour. Yesterday I figured I worked off an unheard of 6 activity points (unheard of for me, that is!:lol: )- I walked my 2.5 miles, mowed the lawn, did some major gardening, raked up a ton of dead grass (Dh went a bit overboard with some Roundup!:o ),moved some plants and then in the evening walked back into town with Dd. Maybe I burned off some of the bad eating I did the day before........I hope!! Today I did get a walk in- and so far have been good with my eating. Thankfully Dd has done well in this tournament- so both she and Dh are happy.

Guess I have blabbered enough for now!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Ginny

spryng
07-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Good evening all!
I am home now and starving!! I have some chicken baking in the oven so I have to wait.
Kristi how nice to get in a family trip! Enjoy 6 flags. I went to one is texas when I was 13 and I just loved it. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to enjoy it also.
Ginny, wow! You got some major exercise in! Good for you! I haven't got my walk in today but I plan on getting on my bike after the kiddos hit the sack tonight. Then I can take a cool refreshing shower before I retire too. But my eating has been great today so far. I am making the chicken for dinner with corn and a pasta (low fat) on the side and that should round out my day.
Well, I've got to get off here. Talk to you all later!

ECmom
07-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Good morning!
Well, I am off for jury duty today:( - nice because it sort of gives me a "day off", not so nice as Dd is all over me to have her bf over while I am gone! (I'm telling you, I'' take a cranky 2 year old over this any day!). So, I'll talk to Dh about that in a few minutes. Ds and Dd (7)- have plans for the day so they are home but have stuff to do. On a brighter note, I just came in from my walk, the short 2.5 mile one, as I have a lot to do this am before I go.

Spryng- sounds like you had a good day! Hope that you got your bike ride in- and that nice cool refreshing shower too:) !.

Gotta go make breakfast- have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom
07-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Aw crumm,
I really hoped that I would get back here and have someone to chat with!!!!! So, I'll jabber with myself, something you all know I am really good at.

Well, some poor sucker has me for a juror......I was selected this am for a civil suit that will be heard tomorrow. Guess you could say I am sort of bummed about it all- (and TOM is approaching, feel sorry for those on the jury with me!), I really did not want to have to give up this week for this. It is a 2 part case- first we have to decide the validity of the plaintiffs case, then if we find the case valid, there will be an awards portion of the case. Sounds like 2 -3 days for the first part, 2 days for the second.
I should be out of there within a week. So who knows when I will get here online as I'll be gone most of the day. I'll try to do what I did this morning- get up at 5 for my walk (which I will need for my sanity!) and stop in and say hello. This is going to cause a real ruckus here- crabby Dd is already making plans to go to the shore tomorrow with a friend, and I have no idea what I am doing with our youngest. She is at a buddies house today, but can't go there tomorrow (they will not be home). The mom was kind enough to offer to take her Wednesday. Ds is going to have to fend for himself. Dh might be able to take a day or so off- or I can tell Dd that she can't go to the shore- and you will hear her screaming all the way out in Wisconsin, Kansas, South Carolina..... all over!:lol:

Ok, I've vented........better go get to the housework that I wanted to get done today. Have a great day!!!
Ginny

KarenW
07-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!

I thought I would check in. I am feeling a lot better. Still very sore, but at least I can do stuff around the house.. just cant pick things up off the floor yet! LOL I am still taking pain pills at night so I can sleep and just lie comfortably but I am hoping I can get rid of those shortly!

As for eating, I am just not Hungry!! That can be good and bad. I get a little light-headed when I go too long. but then again once the swelling goes down maybe I will have lost some weight. Right now I can only fit in my stretch pants and I am afraid to get on my scale!!!

I will check in again later. I need to go lay down for a bit...

hugs everyone!

need2losemore
07-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Hello,
I was just reading through the forums and came across this one. I am a stay at home mom with two boys, 3 and 4. After baby #2, my weight went up to 200. I am down to 160, and trying to lose the last 30 lbs. Just looking for a support team with people who are close to my goals. Looking foward to posting in here.
Ricci :)

spryng
07-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Welcome Ricci! What a neat name! I'm Spryng. A SAHM of 3, been married for 5 years now and just had my 3rd baby 5 weeks ago. I have been with this thread and group of women for way over a year now... actually I'm coming up on two years shortly. Before I got pregnant this last time I was only 10 lbs shy of hitting my goal. But now I am more like 40 lbs away. What plan are you on? I've tried so many different ones over the last 2 years. Atkins, low fat, low calorie, the rotation diet, slimfast, pills, etc. The one I am finding is working the best and is the easiest for me is just portion control and regular exercise. I make my meals low fat or low calorie by using fat free milk, low fat cheeses, etc but then only eat a small amount of it. That way I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight. I'm doing good so far. :) I can't wait to get to know you better. I think you will find yourself at home here and you will get the support and encouragement you need.
Karen, you take it easy girl! I didn't realize you would have swelling after the procedure. Take it easy and try to rest as much as you can, ok?
My day has been ok. I almost messed it up with lunch. DH decided to make chili dogs and french fries and I caved in and had two!! They were really good too. I felt bad afterwards though. So I extended my walk this evening to make up for it. I hope I worked alot of those calories off. My WI is tomorrow and I don't want that meal to mess it up. But we'll see. Other than that today has been a ho-hum kind of day. Just sitting around doing nothing. I just laid the baby down for the night and tonight is my night so I need to get in bed. I'll chat with you all tomorrow!

ECmom
07-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Good morning!!!

Welcome Ricci!!!!! Hey, I love your screen name- I need to lose more too!!!!:lol: But it sounds like you are doing great, being down some 40# already. Weight loss sure is a journey, isn't it???? And the good part about it is, who cares when you finish this race, just as long as you get there. Welcome, I'm glad you joined us.

Karen- I'm so glad you posted! Last night- as I was praying I thought of you and realized that we had not heard from you in a day or two. I was getting a bit concerned. Go slowly- but it sounds as though you are. Great that you are not hungry- just make sure that what you do eat is quality nutrition and will help your body mend.

Spryng- two chilli dogs will not kill you!!! (the salt might be a factor in the WI, but that is only temporary). Good for you getting your walk in too. The weight will come off........you are doing great!!

As for me, I got a 2.75 mile walk in this am- and actually added another 2 miler to yesterdays total (lots of stress to burn........)
I was bad last nite- and can attribute it to TOM approaching. Feel sorry for my fellow jurors!!!!!!!!:lol: But today is another day- and my eating plans are strange but will fit in nicely with a low point day. Ricci- sorry that I can't really introduce myself, this is a short post for me ( the others can tell you what a blabber puss I am!) but I have to get off the computer and in the shower.
Have a great day!!
Ginny

KarenW
07-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Ginny - Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! I am definately on the mend. I guess I should correct my statement about not being hungry. I am proud to say I am not craving things like cookies, potato chips and coffee! I am needing things such as fruit, water and salad. It is kind of crazy but I have only had 1 cup of coffee since I had my surgery. I usually drink half a pot a day.

My body is aching to take a walk but the sorness wont let me quite yet. I cant get across the room with out feeling some stab of pain in my abdomen. So I am going to give it a few more days and then check with my doctor to see if I can walk a bit. He told me to start 3-5 days after surgery.. but since I am still so sore.. I think I better check in!

Welcome RICCI! You will love it here! These women are some of the most supportive people I have ever met! :) I'm Karen, SAHM to Ds (almost 7) and DD ( just turned 5) I have been battling weight since puberty. I have been on everything from WW to Diet Center and Jenny Craig. The only thing I havent done yet is Low Carb... and it looks like I am going to have to do that. I just had surgery fro Endometriosis and have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (Still waiting for all the blood work to come back to see if I have Insulin Resistance.) Just jump in and post with us!

Spyrng - How did weigh in go? I know you will do great because even eating 2 chili dogs will not hit you too hard!

I'll check in later~! I need to get the kids ready for soccer camp! :)

HUGS!

lovnmom
07-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Ginny, Great job on all the exercise you're doing. How do you calculate points for activities such as raking leaves and about how many calories is a point worth? Educate me please!Jury duty!? I've only served once and found it to be a real eye opener as to how our "justice" system really works. Sadly I was on for a domestic abuse charge, first time offence, and no real evidence just hear say on both sides. The guy ended up convicted even though I and some others didn't agree. Something about %'s or something. It was a long time ago, good luck. As for dd, it sounds like you're a terrific christian family and who put a lot into their children. I'm sure she'll make the right choices with bf etc. Hang in there. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well for you and your family in your absence!.......Karen, So glad you're coming along well. I hope you are eating right and getting plenty of fluids. Your body needs to be treated good to heal good. Keeping you in my prayers lovely lady.....Ricci, Welcome aboard. I've been here for just about a month with these ladies and they are terrific support. You will fall in love with our self proclaimed blabber puss. She's busy, but she'll find time to give you plenty of words of support, advice, and friendship as we all will try to do.....Spryng, You are doing so good girl. You must have a good relattionship with your IL as much time as you are there swimming etc... I too enjoy a great relationship with my IL. None of the horror stories people write to "Anne" about....As for our trip, it was a blast! Sun. DH took the big kids on all the wet rides while I did the 2 kiddie park areas with the little ones. We had so much fun and my eating stayed good. We had lunch from home we'd packed before going in and then we stayed so busy (and it was $$$$) that I ate only a corn on the cob the rest of the day. Yesterday we switched kids and DH did wet stuff with the little ones (I'm not into spending my day wet) while I took the 2 big ones on the fast rides. 8 y/o ds actually rode 4 coasters and a bunch of "big kid" rides and then me and dd ditched him with dh also and we did 2 more coasters and the sonic drop. DD really wanted to do "Iron Wolf" a coaster you stand up to ride and when we got to the top and only 2 rides ahead of us she really wanted to back out. Did I let her? Not a chance! We tood up, she screamed, she thought it was awesome. Yesterday I didn't do too good on the eating I put it off until on our way home (5pm) and then ate cheetos pretty much non stop for 20 min.!!!!Oh well, I have 4 days of July to make sure I maintain the 4# loss I've accomplished in July! Have a great day all.

Kristi

need2losemore
07-29-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. I think i'm gonna like it here. As for my dieting, I too have tried everything, but now I am doing exercise and portion control. I am going to start eating more wheat bread, pasta, etc. I like it more than white anyway, white is just cheaper, and DH doesn't like the low fat stuff. says he can taste the difference. :lol: I am trying to get him to eat the good stuff and exercise, but you know how that goes.
I have done pretty well the last few weeks on eating and exercising. The only problem right now is that two weeks ago, ds turned 3 and we had cake and ice cream. Last week was dh's birthday and we had cake and ice cream. This week is my birthday, and yep. more cake and ice cream. But the past two weeks I have had only one piece of each cake and a scoop of ice cream so that isnt' too bad. Our fair is in town this week, and Thursday evening, Uncle Kracker is going to be performing there and I got tickets to go. I love fair food, but I think my will power can win out. I mean if I can go to silver dollar city and not cave, then I should be able to hold out at the fair. Sorry I couldn't remember names this time around :o But I will try to do better in the future.
Ricci

spryng
07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Good morning all!
Well I have bad news... I GAINED TWO LBS!!! How did that happen? I thought I did so good this week. I ate small portions... losts of veggies, drank my water, etc. I even exercised!! I'm hoping it was either muscle gain or water retention because I should have TOM any time now. But how do I know for sure? I don't. I'm pretty bummed out right now. I thought for sure I'd drop a couple of lbs not see the scale go back up. Ugh. I've got to get off here and clear my head. ttfn

ECmom
07-29-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi!
Just me again! Dh had me come online to check the college email scene........aw, you know I can't resist stopping in to say hello!!!:)

Spryng- don't you worry about those two pounds!!!!! Practice these words....."I am post partum, and that usually takes about 6 - 8 weeks to heal". Ok, I am no MD, but give yourself time. The Dr would never consider you over Tanner's birth, and we don't either!!!!! Hang in there, there will still be lots of body fluctuations to come. We love ya- ok???

Ricci- one thing that WW says about special events like fairs is to treat yourself! Yup- they do say that- it does not mean to have 5 of those soft pretzels and 3 funnel cakes.........(can you guess what my weaknesses are??)- but find out the nutritional dammage of a the ONE item you will have- and adjust your day accordingly. You might try splitting the funnel cakes with Dh (you get a half portion and then back way off of eating the rest of the day) or find out that what you crave is not so bad anyway....... In a nutshell, they advice to either go for portion control or diet adjustment for the special event, not denial. Let me know what you might want and I can look thru my WW stuff to see how "bad" it is.:) The whole wheat stuff is a great idea- WW encourages it.

Kristi- figure that 20 minutes of brisk walking or a moderate workout is one point. I guess that equates to about 50-70 calories, (I'll check my WW stuff and get back to you tomorrow) but points are a balance of calories, fiber and fat. So, bread made from whole wheat flour with higher fiber will have less points than white, if the fat content is the same. Thanks for the prayers...... now how does that hymn go, "I need Thee every hour"???? That's me!!! Raising kids, especially teens is a challenge. But I have been blessed with a great family. Put those cheetos behind you!!!!!!!! tomorrow is another day, and you can work them off or compensate for them then.

Karen- I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!!!! Let the soreness mend.......it will go away......and think of how great you will feel soon. When do you see the Dr again?? And congrats on the healthy eating!

Gotta go ladies. Jury duty is the pits- the judge falls asleep all the time, and the case has a "fishy" odor to it. Can't say more than that.......but it also could go longer than we were originally told:( Ds has another week of bball camp next week, I really want to be out of this mess for his sake!!!!
Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Good evening all!
Well I am not feeling better about my weight gain but I am sticking it to water retention and muscle increase from exercise. There is just no way I gained because of over eating. So I'll be extra good this week and see how mext tuesday's WI turns out.
Ginny, sorry you got stuck w/ jury duty. Actually I've always wanted to be on a jury. All that stuff interests me. Are you allowed to talk about the case once it is over? I guess you'll be missing your WW meeting tomorrow because of it huh? Well I'm sure you have did well this past week.
Well I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I hope all are having a great evening. Misty, Jackie we miss hearing from you!
Mel I hope you are feeling well and I also hope Karen, Kristi and Ricci are doing great this evening also. Talk to you all tomorrow!

K2BMe
07-29-2003, 11:27 PM
AHHH! Lots of newb's WELCOME! I'm Misty sahm of 2 dd's and *drum roll* A SON on the way!!!! YAY ITS A BOY GIRLS! I literally cried on the ultrasound table and so did my Dh. It was such a shock we really thought it was gonna be another girl.
So I'm doing ok but barely keeping my head above water with all the chores and being prego. I'm up to 160# and they are calling the due date Thanksgiving day... also he already weighs 2# at 23 weeks. He's gonna be anothe whopper! nothing like a big healthy baby tho.
I wish I could address all of ya. I've missed you terribly. Your all in my thoughts and prayers.
Night gals :)

spryng
07-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Oh Misty I am so happy for you!!! Reading your post brought tears to my eyes... A BOY!! I bet your DH is on cloud nine. It's not like he doesn't love your little girls because I'm sure he adores them but having a son does something to a man's ego, lol. I am so hapy for you two. What do your dd's think of having a little brother?? Take it easy with all those chores... you need your rest. I can't wait to hear more about you and your pregnancy, sounds like you are moving right along.
ok, I need to get in bed. I got on my recumbant bike this evening and took a cool shower afterwards and now I am refreshed and cooled down and ready to call it a day. Talk to you all tomorrow!

ECmom
07-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Good morning!!!!!

Michele!!!!!!!! A son!!!!! Woo hoo! I have loved watching the two genders grow up together...boys are so.......different! Congrats- that is wonderful news- and I will continue to pray for a healthy Thanksgiving Baby for you. Something extra wonderful to thank the Lord for this year too!!!!!! Feel good- and try not to get overwhelmed by your pregnancy and all the hard work you do helping your family business. Big hugs!!!!!!!!

Spryng- gee, that sure sounds like water weight to me.....good for you that you are keeping it all in perspective. Send me your email again, if you like. WW had an article on their web site all about that week (and we all have 'em) when you did everything right and the darned scale shows goes up! For that matter, you can subscribe to their articles without being a member or paying a cent.....that is how I get them too. And they do have some great ideas and recipes. Anyway, I can email the article to you if you like. Good for you getting the bike ride in- and that cool shower sounds refreshing.

Well, I got my "long" walk in today- guess this one is almost 4 miles. New strategy today too- I am dressed for court (look like a human being!) but wearing my walking shoes:lol: . Aw, the judge will not see them......and the court room is so cold and I will walk again during lunch. The trial is boring........:tired: . I am trying my best to stay objective. I'll fill y'all in on it when it is over.
Yes, I am missing my WW meeting for this, and needless to say, I am not a happy camper. Gotta go!! I miss you all........... (somehow feel out of the loop as I am not home at all) have a great day!
Ginny

lovnmom
07-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Ricci, I love Uncle Kracker - enjoy yourself....Ginny's advice is great at least allow yourself to have a little treat, life is too short to go completely without the things we really like....Spryng, I hear your pain... I too was up at WI yesterday, but up so much I know it has to be water, because I would've had to eat some 10,000 extra cals. to have gained that much. You know you're doing good just move onto tomorrow WTG climbing on that bike!....Ginny, Thanks for all the info. Too bad your trial is so boring that even the judge is falling asleep! I see you must've rolled out REALLY early this morning to get your walk in before posting. YGG! Will they allow you out of their sight so you can walk at lunch? If so that's a great idea to get in another mile or whatever. Have a great day anyway!.....Misty, Yeahhh a boy to go with your girls...Hope your feeling well....As for me. not much going on here and that's ok with me since I have plenty of housework to get done. The hmidity is way up making life a tadon the miserable side, but we'd had so good for so long I guess I can't complain. Me and the pooch walked 6 mileslast night. The first 1.5 I was totally hating it, but by #4 I felt really good. I love how my "butt" muscles feel after the 6th. It's like I'm conditioned for the 4 and pushing it the extra 2 really makes a difference. Even if it's all in my head I feel better even though the scale was WAY UP yesterday. Sometimes I really don't get how it can do that, but I didn't drink hardly any water while we were gone so I suppose my body was holding onto every drop. Oh well! Big sigh and move on! HAve a great day ladies!

MW 54........MB 46

Kristi

lovnmom
07-30-2003, 03:13 PM
I was sure hoping someone had posted. I'm having one of those, " I'm a lonely stay at home mom, " days. Oh boo hoo right? I did a RS tape I'd never done before and I really liked it. It's called Dance Your Pants Off. HAs anyone else done it before? I know some people think he's odd, but sometimes doing his dance moves makes me feel almost sexy. I definitely sweated up a storm, but the humidity doesn't hurt that department any! Hope you're all having such terrific days you just can't check in yet.

Kristi

spryng
07-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon all!
Ginny my email is spryng@classicnet.net and I would love to read that article. I really think it is TOM though, I'm feeling that old feeling again that it is on it's way. I sure haven't missed it in the 9 months I've been pregnant... but all good things come to an end huh? lol. Wow a 4 mile walk. That is great. About how long does that take you? I'm thinking about increasing my walk to 45 minutes today.
Kristi I know how you feel about getting that good feeling while walking. I do that too.. I hate the beginning of it but by time I am half through it I just feel so good. I almost hate having to come home. But my muscles aren't ready for 6 miles yet. I don't know how many miles I do at all. How do you gauge that? I just walk for 30 minutes.
Well gals... I'm doing good on my eating today. I'm looking forward to grocery shopping on saturday. I really need some more lean pockets and fruits and such. Oh and Tanner slept for 7 hours solid last night!!! Of course it was DH's night to get up with him so he really benefited from it. I gave him his first bowl of cereal at 8:15 pm, which he really loved and ate so well off a spoon. He went out like a light at 9 pm and slept until 4:15 am! He woke up and ate 4 oz stayed up for 1 hour and went back out until 8 am. I was so proud. I hope this is something that will become habit. Especially since tonight is my night with him :) I didn't sleep too well last night. I think it was that 9:30 pm bike exercise I did. It took me forever to fall alseep and then I woke up constantly. I need to keep my workouts earlier in the evening. But as I said... today I plan on a 45 minute walk and maybe even another bike ride if we don't go to my in-laws tonight. I'll have to wait and see. What is everyone having for dinner?? If I eat here I plan on a huge salad with some steak in it. Dh grilled last night.
Well I think I will steal a nap since all my little ones are out right now :) Talk to you later!

spryng
07-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Kristi you were posting the same time I was :)
I have done RS sweating to the oldies but it was hard for me to do since he doesn't tell you what to do, you just have to watch him. I think I get burnt out on exercise videos too easily. I have denise austins tapes and such and I used to do them regularly until I got my recumbant bike. Now I just love to take my walks (gives me alone time too) or ride my bike or lift my dumbells. Btu I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got in a good workout too. :) I have those lonely stay at home mom days too all the time. It seems like everyone has an exciting life but me so I try to live vicariously through them :) lol Hey if you get bored you can email me anytime, I check it several times a day.
Well I think I will take that nap now (see? I'm very exciting! lol) :lol:

lovnmom
07-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Spryng, That's so great that your little guy is allready doing cereal. I'll be hoping he pulls and all night sleeper for you as well this eve. You being post partum I would never recommend you walk 6 miles at this stage of the game. The 30 min. you've been doing or the 45 you're planning on trying sounds about right to me. I think it's awesome you've started in on exercise at all at this point! As for gaging my miles I live on a lef of a well known bike trail in WI, so my regular route has mile markers. For any place else I use a pedometer which I check against he mile markers from time to time, because my children tend to reset my stride distance and then I end up walking way more or way less than the readout says! It sounds like you're having a great day. I'm planning salad for dinner also, but with left over chicken I plan to zing up with a little taco seasoning! Bye bye!

Kristi

ECmom
07-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi!
Just me again. Sorry that you were having a lonely day out therek Spryng and Kristi.
I'm just here for a quick hello......

Kristi- don't get upset about being "way up" on the scale.
A few weeks ago at WW, Laura (group leader) was online with us waiting for our WI's and she told us not to be upset if we had a bad week. The body retains more water in humid weather.........guess that explains what happened to you. WTG getting all that walking in!!!!! Keep it up, you are doing great, and sooner or later the cooler weather will be here.

Spryng- good for you getting your walking in and eating well!!!
Guess little Tanner likes his cereal?! Well, if it helps him sleep better- and he sounds like a good sleeper anyway, great. (I only had one good sleeper, Dd #1, the others.......well it took them a while!) I'll get to that WW article tomorrow, ok?
I can't walk too late at night either, or I am up all evening- and I have night owl tendencies anyway........

To answer your questions.......I got up at 4:55 am to walk and it took me 53 minutes to cover the almost 4 miles. Yup, you guessed it right too, the judge gave us an hour and 25 minutes- I had my walking shoes on anyway..........changed my blouse to one for walking.........and walked the mile and a half to the Dunkin Donuts for a hazelnut coffee with skim milk! (one thing about me is I am predictable!!!) So, I guess today's total is almost 7miles- a new high for me, I think. And I still feel bloated.......but then TOM is just around the corner.
Gotta go take my Dd's buddies home (3 houses away)- have a great nite!!!!!
Ginny

lovnmom
07-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Ginny, Great job! 7 miles is a lot of walking. You are so smart to plan ahead like that, many would've used hury duty as an excuse to cave into all kinds of temp. WTG......as for me, I'm still having like a lonely day. I wish it could be explained by TOM, but thats more than a week away. I think it has to do with completely losing the handle on kid chores once again. I do real good for so long setting up schedules etc. to have the kids help out and then I let it slide again. Lately they're not helping at all unless I end up angry over their messes then they pick up. It's not like I expect them to clean the comode or anything. Well, I'm tanting so I'll let you all go until I'm feeling better. Thanks for the vent!

Kristi

KarenW
07-31-2003, 11:34 AM
Good Morning!

Spryng - Did Tanner sleep with that cereal in his tummy? I did that too with DS (only I started it about 5 weeks) and it made him sleep longer streatches at night! Boy did I need that!

Ginny - Great job on the walking! 7 miles in one day is awesome! Boy.. I would be sore though after that! I am sure the walking is helping you with the stress of being on a jury too! I did that last summer. The case was about a guy and gal who were dating and when they broke up, he alegidly stole her dog (a bison frise). This was about 18 months prior. It was so sad... we mistried it because although everyone on the jury knew in there heart he did it, there just wasnt enough evidence to prove he did it... 36 hours of deliberation... and we were hung... so so sad...

Kristi - hang in there! During the summer I always have more up WIs than down. but the Down weeks more than make up for it with the water loss. The heat and humidity always make me retain water. Infact I refuse to get on the scale right now. we have had 8 days of record breaking temps in our area. My kids and I are sweltering at soccer camp for the 3 hours we are there!! :) even with 45 sunblock.. I have managed to get a little burnt too! :(

I am feeling a lot better today. THe soreness is only when I move the wrong way. I talked to the dr's office yesterday and told me that the swelling should be gone for the most part by next week. I am not to lift weights for another week at least, probably 2. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see how I feel before I head back to the gym though. even a short walk still winds me. BUT.. I didnt have to take the percoset lastnight! WOO HOO! That thrills me! I hate having to take drugs for pain.

well off to feed the kids then it is Soccer camp for 3 hours and then a birthday party right after.... sheesh.. the kids will be so exhausted! Me too! I will check in later!

lovmykiddies
07-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Well hello ladies!!!

I don't know if you all remember me but I recognize a few names still on the board! My name is Tami, I have two kids..Tyler is 4 and Emma will be 2 in Sept. I haven't been to the board in quite a while!! I was doing really well with my diet and exercise and lost about 15 lbs and then I just lost all of my ambition! I have managed to keep 10 of the 15 lbs off so it's not all bad but I am ready to give it another try! We just turned our downstairs living room into an exercise room with a brand new treadmill, weight bench, and an exercise bike! I feel a little bit better this time because my dh is also in on it with me! We're trying to eat healthier and exercise almost every day! I think I have lost another 3 lbs since we started up again! Are there any challenges going on right now??? I would love to get in on one or we could start one! Anyone up for it???

Spryng---Congrats on the arrival of Tanner!!! How is everything going?? Is having 3 kids a lot more difficult?

Ginny-7 MILES????? Wow! WTG! I get all excited when I do a whole mile on the treadmill!! ;)

Kristi--If you don't mind me asking...where in Wisconsin do you live? We live in Onalaska which is right near La Crosse.

I know I didn't get to address everyone but I will try to next time!!! I'm so glad to be back and am looking forward to getting to know everyone again!

Tami

230/227/???

lovnmom
07-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Karen, It's good to hear your swelling is going away and most movement isn't painful!!! Thanks for the support, it's just so darn irritating when you go up 5# in 8 days!!!! I just feel this shouldn't be possible. It sounds like and the kids have a big day planned. As for soccer I sat at our local park last night and took registrations. Numbers were down, but a lot of people have gone to mailing their reg. form. I have been on our soccer board for 2 yrs., which means I ended up doing a lot more volunteer hrs. than the avg. parent and field complaints I can do nothing about most of the time. lol Definitely no glory in being "on the board"......Tami, welcome back!! I live aprox. 80 miles SE of you. The largest town close to me off the interstate would be Mauston, but if you would take HWY 33 you could run right into me. My family spent June 28th at the Holiday Inn Express right by the mall, because my dh and 8 y/o ds boarded a bus at Camp Decorah for a baseball game in MN. We were also at Chuck E Cheeses in July. My dh and I usually do the Olive Garden there whenever we can get away without the kids. We have a soon to be 10 y/o dd, 8 y/o ds, 6 y/o dd, and 3 y/o ds. I think it will be great conversing with someone who'll know some of the places I talk about. Write more and tell me about your children etc....Well, I'm feeling much better allready today. I don't knowwhat gets into me. Maybe I feel better because I set the kids to doing a few chores and managed to do so without blowing my top!! Now I have to decide on lunch. I love cooking, but I just wish for even 3 meals a week someone else would plan what we're going to have!

Kristi

need2losemore
07-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is having a good day. Yesterday i did my 30 minutes of aerobics at home, then went and walked 2 miles at the track yesterday afternoon. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. Sorry this is so short, but I have to go. I will try to get on here later
Ricci

spryng
07-31-2003, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon all!
Tami I am so glad you have joined us again!! I can't wait to get to know you better again also! And yes, having 3 kids now is definitely harder than with 2. I always thought going from 1 to 2 kids would be a hurdle but it is nothing compared to adding a 3rd. It's been a challenge but we are all finally getting used to it now. I finally don't panic when my DH has to go do something and I have to stay home with all 3. whew! lol I hope to see alot more of you now that you are back with us :)
Karen I am glad you are feeling better and able to wean yourself off of the pain meds. My DH was eager to get off his too after his surgery.
Ricci, sounds like you are right on plan too. Good for you to get that exercise in.
Kristi I understand how you feel about the scale going up and trying even harder with staying OP to get the numbers to go back down. That is what I am doing. Exercising everyday and eating even better so that next tuesday's WI will be better than this last ones.
Well ladies... I did well yesterday with my eating and got in 30 minutes of walking. I wanted to do 45 but my SIL went with me and she couldn't handle no more than 30 but I was happy to have the company :) Today I shoot for 45. Oh and Tanner was a dream again last night. I gave him some rice cereal before he went to bed and a nice warm bath and he slept 6 hours!! Got up and ate 4 oz, went back out for 3 hours, ate 2 oz and then went back out for 2 more hours!! I was so impressed!! It's amazing how far 1 tbls of cereal will help in that department!
Well, I need to get off here. Today is going good for me too. I had a slim fast bar for lunch so far and not sure about dinner. What all are you having??
Talk to you all soon!!

lovmykiddies
07-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Hello ladies!

I just got done working out and feel great but hot and sweaty!! I only did 20 min on the tread mill and did some upper body weight lifting. I've been drinking water like there's no tomorrow! Although today I did REALLY good until dinner time! For breakfast I just had a bowl of raisin bran, then for lunch I had a little bit of mac and cheese and one hotdog with no bun, for a snack I had some reduced fat wheat thins....so not too bad but then for dinner I had pancakes and sausage!!! BLAH!!! What was I thinking! Then before the kids went to bed we all had ice cream!!! ARGH!!! I'm trying not to totally beat myself up because I know everyone has set backs!! Plus am I really going to go the rest of my life with out those things? I have to just eat them in moderation!

I think I'm struggling with some mild depression too maybe! I really thought that it was PMS and went to the dr and he gave me some medication to use (which I really haven't) but now it really doesn't seem to be just around that PMS time! Today was horrible (yesterday too). I have to find a way to relieve my stress a little better! EVERY little thing my kids do just upsets me to no end! Emma is a little stinker too so my days can get quite long!!! :-)

Spryng--So great to hear that Tanner is sleeping for such great periods of time!!! I don't miss those sleepless nights with a newborn!! Is your dh back to work yet or is he still home?

Kristi--Great to hear from another Wisconsinite! How is your weather where you are? Tonight we were having quite a few severe thunderstorm warnings and (even though I hate them) I was a little disappointed that we haven't seen anything YET!! Have you lived in Wisconsin all of your life? Hope to get to know you better and hope we have some great success to share!

Well, I think I'm heading to bed to read! BTW, has anyone ever read any Janet Evanovich books? They're the Stephanie Plum series...I'm totally addicted! Number 9 in the series just came out and I read that am now starting the series over again! If anyone gets a chance you should read them!!! I've got number 5 waiting up my room for me!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Tami
230/227/???

spryng
08-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Good evening all!
Tami I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know how you feel though. I just went through a phase of it myself. For me getting out for a walk really helps. It gives me alone time for myself and allows me to think and clear my head. I really enjoy it. But I have days too that my kids get on my nerves to no end. They are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and know how to irritate mommy. My dd, the oldest is pretty good all the time but my ds, the 2 yo is a typical terrible two and loves to test mommy and push her limits. But he's getting better these days. Just take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything is temporary... it will pass soon. Don't worry about eating bad either. Because you are right... this is a lifestyle change and it's gradual. There are days I eat too much or make poor food choices. What I am trying to do is not cut out anything I like...if I can make a low fat version of it I will do that but if not then I will have a little of it and try to work out longer. That's my main goal right now... to increase my exercise. I want to be able to eat normally but lose weight by more exercise. It's a process. i love to read novels too but I haven't heard of that author. Is it a romance novel?? I love Dean Koontz. I need to get back to the library and check out some more. But I don't know when I will have time to read them. Guess I should wait until Tanner is a little older and doesn't require so much personal attention 24/7. But I do hope tomorrow is a better day for you!! Oh and no Dh is not back to work yet. He starts truck driving school this monday, it runs for 4 weeks (until aug 29th) and then he'll be an over the road driver come september. So it will be big changes for us but good ones hopefully.
Well, I did really good today. I had that slimfast meal bar for lunch (do you ever notice how strange their chocolate tastes??) and made some cheeseburger macaroni for dinner (low fat of course) and got my walk in and I even added an extra block to it. It was really nice out there tonight. But I have a question... I feel good while walking but today my ankles felt really worked out. Is that normal?? I would think I would feel it more in my legs but no, only in my ankles. Maybe I have weak ankles that are getting stronger now. Hmm.... food for thought.
Tanner has been quite fussy today. Don't know why. He just wanted to be held ALL day long and if you put him down or anything is acted like he was about to die! He's down for the night now but boy do I hope he's a little cheerier tomorrow.
Well I am off to bed now. I hope everyone had a great day. And ginny I know you couldn't get to your WW meeting but did you get a chance to WI on wednesday? Just curious.
G'nite all!!

lovnmom
08-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Tami, Sending good vibes your way in hopes of a better day today. Maybe you're just having a mid summer crisis ( you know the ole, "when does school start? "). Is there a chance you get a day away from the children. Sometimes all I need is a couple hours away from mine and everything goes back to normal......Spryng, WTG adding that extra block it always feel so good to push yourself just a little more. Remember for you just a little pushing though your bods been through enough!! I don't eat slim fast, but my mom does and she's a chocaholic I'll ask her about the taste......As for me, no walking yesterday, but I did do the R.S. dance your pants off tape. I got it from the library and I love it, but it has to go back today, so that's my plan for today too. Kids have been good, although a little whiny. That's probably my fault though, I have put no effort into taking them anywhere or anything this week and it's been so humid that we've been trapped in the house alot. So I will be doing the library and probably the pool. I still need to WI today to see how I did for the month overall and set my exercise goals for the month.....Ginny, Hope alls going well and your trials done soon.

Kristi

spryng
08-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Good morning all!
Kristi I hope you get to take the kids somewhere. Mine get like that too. If they feel too couped up they start to act out so that's we we go to my MIL's house alot to take them swimming and such. Are you going to check out another workout video from the library? Our library is so small I don't think they have any videos. Can't wait to hear how your WI goes!!
Well, today I plan to splurge a little and eat out. I promise not to over do it but I haven't ate out in about 3 weeks!!! So we have some bills to pay today and I'm hoping my DH takes us somewhere to eat. Then I will get my 45 minute walk in tonight and we are having DH's neice come spend the night with my dd, so that should make the kids happy.
Guess I should get off here and get something done in this house before we go anywhere. Talk to you all later!

lovnmom
08-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Spryng, We did get out to the library this morning and all the children are in a much better mood. As for you having a small library ask your librarian if you have an interlibrary loan system. This gives you the option of checking out items from many othe libraries in your state. I can actually access mine from my computer at home. This morning I put in an order for 3 dance exercise videos one of them being hula. I'm totally looking forward to trying this and getting them from the library you have no cost involved if you don't like it!!! I did have a good WI thanks for asking. I managed to lose 4# in July, which is very good for me so I'm pleased. I'm especially pleased because I haven't cheated to celebrate and still have not plans too!!! This puts me at 142#, exactly what I weighed lasr summer. Finally!Heres good vibes that your dh takes you out for dinner. Enjoy!!

Kristi

ECmom
08-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi!
Gee, sorry that I missed yesterday........
I'm gonna start a new thread.......#78. See ya there!!!!!!!!Ginny