South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thurthday Thummer Thoughths - June 5

Ith weally Thummer now! Was out on the deck for coffee and the sunrise - a non-event - and the loons flew over hollering like mad. Looks like we're in for rain and a dull day since there was no fancy sunrise. (I bit my tongue yesterday tho I'm lithping.)

Another busy day yesterday but I did manage to sleep until 4:30 this morning. I'm hoping for five tomorrow morning.

Off to town this morning for a much-needed haircut and have it scheduled for 9:30. That should get me out of town before the Chinese Buffet aroma cranks up! Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I am NOT going to a meeting tonight. I have decided my work day ends at 6 PM when I sit with a drink, a dog on my lap and watch the National News before dinner.

Need to plan some meals as I've been just doing grab and go lately and the scale is wobbly. I have some eggplant slices that I roasted and froze and may cobble together a lasagna and salad for dinner. I also have a brand new electric wok which I got at the yard sale for $2 so may do a stir-fry with red peppers, asparagus and shrink or chicken. Sure would be nice to have someone to cook for me a la Oprah!

Have a lovely day. Do something for yourself - even if it's just slathering on hand cream!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Yes, Ruth, it really is Thummer! Thanks for getting us started and I hope you are able to stick to your guns and stay at home this evening!

I already took Ruth's advice and did something for myself; I took my flashlight and walked up to the project to see what progress had been made in my absence. My friend, the painter has been coming in for several hours at a time and I was pleased to see that he's made great progress and he really does a great job. This project has an end in sight!

I'm off to take mom to her eye appt. this morning. I think we'll leave early and get our errands done first so I can head back up to the cool ASAP. Everything is falling into place, which is very exciting!

I mentioned yesterday that "stuff" is getting crazier. A family member is having some problems, both medically and personally. It really seems that the best option would be to come home and stay with my mom for awhile. It is heartbreaking to hear of this struggle. I do think this is what my mom would want but it's going to be time for my mom to make some big changes in her household re:clutter and cleanliness. I really hope that this is something that becomes reality. My bro informed me of the situation a night ago because mom and I aren't included in the loop right now....very distressing.
PS I'm going to delete this from my post later today....just needed to share with you all because I'm committed to staying focused on myself, despite emotional/family "stuff".

Have a great day everyone! I'm excited to hear how Twynn's first day on the new job went!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-05-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's raining hard here this morning, but at least it's supposed to be out of here by noon. I'm ok with it since I want to get the flower beds at the farm weeded, and the rain will soften up the ground to make it easier for me.

Ruth, I got my hair done after work yesterday, then came home and sat outside on the patio with a glass of wine to enjoy the evening. I hope you can get outta town before the Chinese buffet lures you in!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I think I'll stay employed, retirement (your way) doesn't sound very relaxing! I'm hoping you sleep better this weekend .

Yesterday at my new job went GREAT. I actually left with a smile on my face, that helps a bunch, doesn't it? Although I'm not wild about the drive, it is beautiful and my brain keeps me occupied.

I ate decently yesterday, and although I was pretty tired last night, made a nice salad with leftover barbeque chicken so I wouldn't go crazy this morning (or eat poorly). I think one of the best tips ever was from Cottage recommending just a squeeze of fresh lime when you have avocado....it sure is delicious!

So another normal day of work for me, then off tomorrow, leaving for camping as the kids finish their last day of school.

Have a great one!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #5  

Good morning, Debbie. That is so sad about your sister and I hope everything works out well for her.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Lexiss, prayers for your family, that's got to be tough. YOu have such a good attitude, they are lucky to have you.

Cottage - good morning! Our rain is already gone, but my walk this morning was quite soggy!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #7  

Goodday to you, Tammy, and I'm glad your 1st day went well. I hope it continues to be a great job for you! I'm glad you liked my salad suggestion, too.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth I too hope that your day ends at 6 p.m. as well

Debbie sorry to hear about family issues, it is good to get off your chest and tell someone

Cottage I colored my hair last evening before my trip next week. Hope it doesn't rain too hard for you

Tywnn glad to hear that your first day of work went well, always good when you leave with a smile.

I am stressed about work related issues trying my best not to let it get to me. I did have a couple slices of thin pizza last evening but I did not let it derail me for the entire evening so that was progress, it did cross my brain since I cheated I might as well go for all those carbs I was missing but I didn't go there. small steps....

Tonight is a mock swim meet- I am having problems with DD2 she is not motivated at all, I am hoping once we get into meet mode she will start enjoying swimming again.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm so glad it's my Friday. We are taking an extra long weekend and hope to get a couple of night's camping in, depending on weather, of course.

Ruth - It always helps to have a definite end to the work day. Enjoy your porch, petting, evening

Debbie - ugh, good luck with the family stress. Keep on taking care of you through it.

Cottage - so far the rain is pacing just right here and I haven't needed to water much. Happy gardening

Twynn- So glad you had a good first day. It makes such a difference having a workplace that you don't mind going to.

Rose - Hope things settle down at work.

Okay, the sooner I get going the sooner the weekend will begin.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Good on planning to avoid the buffet. Have fun in the big city
Debbie. Take care of yourself and you must be getting a very satisfying feeling with your project
Linda. Your evening sounds lovely
Twynn. Congratulations on the new job and so glad its working out
Rose good for you on the willpower
Cyndi. Hope the weather behaves for you

I have had sort of an yucky week. Had to see my dr because my ibs is acting up and due to meds she gave me have to stick close to home and Saturday is our 45 anniversary. Yesterday I had an anmri done for some ear problems. Old age is creeping in slowly
take care
Sophie
Old 06-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks.

I've had an exciting day. I found more of my father's biological family. There is a whole tree on Ancestry.com that I am now related to! It is confirmed. Unfortunately, my father's biological half siblings both died just a few years ago. It's all very interesting to me.

I worked out this morning instead of tomorrow and ran errands in the rain. I think I'll curl up with a book this afternoon.

Have a great day.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies. I have my glass of wine and am waiting for the eggplant parm to come out of the oven. As you can see, I strongly support Ruth's advice!

Rain all day here as well; had to do my exercise inside. Wouldn't it be awesome to be a weatherman? You can be wrong all the time and not put your job in jeopardy!!

Debbie, hang in there. Family things are tough.
Cyndi, sounds like another fun weekend!
Pearlrose, hope you work stress lets up soon.
Jennifer, I agree with you on your assessment of Ruth's retirement.

Have a great evening, chicks.
Closed Thread