General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default water

does it really matter if you drink water or another type of fluid? I cant stand water, but love diet peach lipton tea.
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansusan View Post
does it really matter if you drink water or another type of fluid? I cant stand water, but love diet peach lipton tea.
Diet peach lipton tea contains maltodextrin & aspartame. Water is a much better & healthier choice.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Default water

but would it be a ok replace for water?
jansusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansusan View Post
but would it be a ok replace for water?
I suppose that would all depend on how hard core you want to be. For me personally, no, it is not an ok replacement for water. But, I admit, I am pretty hard core
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #5  

Why not make your own peach ice tea by using peach flavored tea bags then add sweetener. Personally I wouldn't use aspartame.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

After looking all around the internet i understood that water is my best friend! Not tea, not juice, not coffee. Water and only water! All the diet tea, soda or other "factory" drinks are not good(( they all contain not healthy or even dangerous ingredients! only home made tea, juice and ordinary water are your friends! put some fresh lemon to the water maybe you will like it) i love water with lemon)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #7  
maintaining since 9/2013

If you use tea to replace water, it's best to use herbal tea as opposed to caffeinated. I think caffeine is fine too, but not as a water sub. I don't understand why but water seems to be key part of every type of diet. I've noticed faster weight loss when I get in my 2 liters (flavored with peach-mango Mio). I also have less hunger.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #8  
it's always something

If you are trying to meet a daily quota of fluid, then any flavored beverage also counts - it isn't restricted to just pure water. The original guidelines said 'fluid' but that confused many people, so doctors found it easier to just say water. Now that seems more confusing

Even many foods contain water, and your body recognizes the fluid in it. So yes, your tea counts as water.

But like others mentioned, some beverages contain ingredients that you may not want to put in your body, so read the labels carefully.

Many years ago, I hated plain water. I almost thought it made me nauseous! However, it's all I drink now, other than an occasional cup of tea (no sweetener). I filter my water and keep it in the fridge, and also use filtered water for ice. It's super refreshing and I refill all day.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For me, beer is an excellent replacement for water. It's a diuretic so helps shift my water weight. That and green tea.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote