100 lb. Club - What Is Your Goal Outfit?

View Full Version : What Is Your Goal Outfit?

GirlyGirlSebas
06-02-2014, 06:48 PM
When you imagine yourself at your goal weight, what do you imagine yourself wearing?

I imagine myself in designer jean with a pretty sweater, a fitted blazer or leather jacket and a pair of red stillettos.

FeraFilia
06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I already bought it! At least a mini-goal outfit. I couldn't resist it at the thrift store. It's a pair of size 14 skinny jeans with a nifty design down the side and sort of a hippie-esque style top all flowy and purple with a white and gold design, size L. It cost me all of 6 dollars and I have it hanging on the back of my closet door to keep me focused. I might not be able to wear them both at the same time, but wearing each of them individually would be nice, too!

I'm definitely looking forward to rocking a short and sexy LBD when I get to goal, with heels that I'm not afraid I'm gonna break.

Streudel
06-02-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to rocking a short and sexy LBD when I get to goal, with heels that I'm not afraid I'm gonna break.

This!!!

Paulitens
06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Honestly? My old clothes. I just want to be able to fit in those old clothes from... I don't know 2004-05 when I was at my skinniest. That includes my skimpy bikini. And fit in them, and take a picture, and look at myself and see how far I've come.

I've been wearing quite trendy clothes even with my extra lbs (except for swimsuits in general) so I don't look forward to anything in particular other than just "going back."

FeraFilia
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I wish I had skinny clothes to go back to! I was 200ish pounds and wore a size 16/18 when I graduated high school. I mean, it would be nice to be back there, instead of where I am now, but as an adult I've always had to hit the plus size section. Not a whole lot to choose from there. So I'm very much looking forward to buying regular sizes. Maybe that should be my goal outfit. "Something I didn't buy in the Plus section" heh.

LadyPetite
06-03-2014, 12:17 AM
A dress. Skirts. Anything knee-length. And not have the dress hike up in the back because of my ample derriere.

Frances123
06-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I have a vintage knee-length dress with cap sleeves that's a size 6...but I could still wear it at 160ish. I have it hanging in my bedroom as motivation. I've also been knitting myself size M/L (36 bust) sweaters. I am WAY more invested in getting into those since I spent so much time and money making them! :)

Slashnl
06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
So I'm very much looking forward to buying regular sizes. Maybe that should be my goal outfit. "Something I didn't buy in the Plus section" heh.

This!! I am so tired of "Womens" section clothes. Can't wait to be in misses. But, more specifically, I want to wear nice fitting jeans with a belt and a button up shirt TUCKED IN!

SunnyMac
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
I want to wear anything off the rack that is not plus size. ANYTHING! For me more importantly there is something I would like to NOT wear every day - and that is shapewear under my clothes every day. Every day no matter what. So yeah - anything not plus with no hidden body armor squishing and smoothing the fat under it.

ubergirl
06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
I want to open the box that I had to stick in the back of my closet in early 2013. Inside I have lots of shorts and tee shirts from the regular department, and a really cute pair of skinny jeans...

LadyPetite
06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Oh, oh, dropping in to add something else. Not really an "outfit" per se, but I long for the day when I can go to a department store and just buy these pretty, lacy, colorful bras and underwear. I am SO done with the current boulder-holders and Fruit of the Loom undies I'm currently wearing.

nonameslob
06-03-2014, 03:54 PM
I have no idea, but I have a feeling now I will be on the lookout :D I am terrible when it comes to fashion, so I just really don't know what to even aspire to. I know I will have a hard time adjusting what I where as I get smaller.

Maybe a slinky dress, or a bikini, or...

I am with you all about wanting to shop at a normal store and know they will have my size! Especially those stores that only go up to a 12 or stores where their clothing runs small (you know, where a size 16 fits like a 12?).

time2lose
06-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Love answering this thread!!!!

I have been trying to figure out what style I want and have had great fun doing that. I have started following several style blogs created by women over 50. My goal outfit will be something very simple but tailored. Probably just slacks that fit very well with a simple silk blouse but could be worn with a fitted blazer that can be accessorized in various ways. I want to wear petite size clothing because I think that I have a petite frame under there somewhere. Something simple, classic, very neat, and very put together.

I hope that I can where simple heels but with my foot problems, that may not happen.

hamlette
06-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Skinny jeans paired with a tunic (UK size 10/12)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveVegetables
06-03-2014, 08:56 PM
I'd like to be able to wear a dress without having to suck my stomach in all evening.

FeraFilia
06-03-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm hoping my weight loss leads to more slender legs so I can wear tall boots. I've never been able to do that before. I fear my calf muscles are too big. :(

texscrapper
06-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I just want to walk into a regular store to buy clothing, vs ordering online or shopping at a plus size specialty store.

Olivia7906
06-04-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm hoping my thighs will slim enough where I'll feel comfortable in mid-thigh shorts. I didn't even wear mid-thigh shorts as a kid because I was born with "thunder thighs" as my mom calls it :(

synger
06-04-2014, 02:34 PM
I want to wear anything off the rack that is not plus size. ANYTHING! For me more importantly there is something I would like to NOT wear every day - and that is shapewear under my clothes every day. Every day no matter what. So yeah - anything not plus with no hidden body armor squishing and smoothing the fat under it.

This!

I walk past store windows, leaf through magazines, see people on the street wearing cute, fun clothes that I'll never be able to wear. It's like a whole section of our culture is just not available to me.

That being said, the outfits I really lust over are hiking clothes. Comfy, wicking easy-care pants and tops... backpacks... shoes. My imagined thin-self is able to hike easily and for more than 45 minutes at a time, so she can wear that sort of stuff.

silentarctic
06-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Honestly what I'm wearing now. It sounds odd enough, but I am pretty satisfied these days with plus sized selections. I imagine wearing what I wear now just... perhaps in smaller sizes. Cute jeans , and tanks & cardis from old navy? And super duper cute dresses from modcloth? heck yes!

nonameslob
06-04-2014, 09:23 PM
That being said, the outfits I really lust over are hiking clothes. Comfy, wicking easy-care pants and tops... backpacks... shoes. My imagined thin-self is able to hike easily and for more than 45 minutes at a time, so she can wear that sort of stuff.

I very much relate to this! But I have found some loopholes over the years. Columbia sells some plus size hiking pants (not sure what size they go up to). Also, regular exercise clothes function just as well and are way cheaper on the trail, especially in the summer. I wear a lot of Champion brand wicking shirts with exercise capris hiking. Ther are a few brands of hiking shoes that sell WW. One last tip...I bought an Osprey daypack last year and embarassingly, the hip belt strap did not fit around my waist. It sent me Into tears I called and they sent me a free extender (which promptly encouraged me to lose weight).

However, I fit into my first pair of North Face hiking pants today (size 16, their biggest size) and it just felt like the biggest accomplishment in the world. You will get there, but don't let it hold you back from enjoying Mother Nature either!

activeadventurer
06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
I bought a size Medium dress (black and white knit) and jacket (white and short sleeved) when I weighed 460 pounds. It has been sitting on the back of my closet door ever since. It is something I would wear to school, work or out to dinner. I call it my "Promise Dress". It is a promise I made to myself.

Dee

lotsakids
06-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I tend to shop in the thrift store a lot, but I've found that when I go to a "regular" store I gravitate to the plus size area. I can wear a 1x, but look better in an extra large and none of the pants in that section fit anymore. BUT.... I feel like an imposter looking through the women's section, like I don't belong there either. This is the first time as an adult that I can even think of looking somewhere other than the plus sized section.

I'd like to wear something fitted and feel like I can breath too :) and a little bit of a heel instead of my clod hopper flats or flip flops.

MamaX5
06-05-2014, 06:23 AM
I still have it. A faded rock t-shirt and a pair of low riders boot cut jeans.

Sarah2468
06-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Last time I lost weight I had a bathing suit that was a tankini with shorts. I have warm memories of goofing around in the water with my, at the time, teenage son. Although I was far from thin (probably about a size 12), I felt fit and "presentable" in it. At a size 18 now, I know I won't be in it this summer, but maybe next summer. That's my goal outfit.