Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'3"

Default New to 3FC

Good morning! I'm new to this site, obviously since I'm in the intro forum, lol.

I've struggled with weight most of my life, and always seem to sabotage myself just when I start to make real progress.

Well, I'm tired of the sabotage and tired of excuses, so I'm here for some support and accountability.

I've found the Six Week Body Makeover works really well for me, but the company has moved their focus to a new product and abandoned their support forums, so I found my way here.

I'm a chef by trade, which makes it both difficult to lose weight, in that there's always something new to try, but also easier, I think because I can develop new recipes to fit any dietary restrictions. So, if anyone needs help with that, just give me a shout.

Thanks for being here!
mishna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #2  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Hmm....do you have a healthy alternative for chips? My hubby who is not in horrible shape, but has high blood pressure, has a weakness for the crunchy and salty and we are in need of an alternative.

And good luck on your journey. Dont give up, im starting too!!
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5'3"

You can make pretty much any veggie into a chip at home. It takes some time because you'll want your oven on low, like 200 degrees. Thinly slice veggies of your choice (sweet potatoes are one of my favorites, but you can use anything from zucchini to carrots.) Use some pan spray both on your pans and on your veggies, and experiment with flavoring. Mrs. Dash has a lot of different flavors and they are all salt free, I believe.

It will probably take an hour and a half or so to dry them enough. But, because of the work involved, I'd be less likely to eat them all in one sitting, lol.

Last edited by mishna83; 05-26-2014 at 07:22 PM.
mishna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #4  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Awesome, thanks. I will definitely try this.
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #5  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

S/C/G: 163/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Mishna...Good Luck!
Bunny924 is offline   Reply With Quote