Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #1  
Dumpling

S/C/G: start:240/current:234/goal:130

Height: 5'7

Default That whisper to cake the cake? That's me.

So I just discovered this forum yesterday in a look-about for a way to broadcast my journey to loose 100lbs. I'm not terribly willful and now having lots of roommates with poor eating habits has made it worse. I have never in my life had a flat stomach and was only recently FINALLY diagnosed as hypothyroid. It explained all the constant pain, lack of energy, and weight despite biking/swimming/and walking everyday. I feel like I'm buzzing with desire to go out and run and bike further than the neighborhood but my knees and shoulders crackle with pain and fatigue finds me in minutes. I am told with my newest stronger meds and continued use of the gym it'll get better.

I do have energy, more than I had before, but I'm still in pain and my metabolism isn't much better. I joined this site rather than make my own page for weight loss because you lot seemed more supportive and a group doing something similar together felt nicer than displaying myself like a freak show on something else.

I am pretty much exactly 100 lbs overweight. I am 240lbs and want to be 140 or 130. I have never in teenage or adulthood been what I can recall as a 'healthy' weight so I'll have to find out what feels better when I get there.

With support I have found my current body 'cute', and gotten far more comfortable in my skin. However, I just do not want to be chubby forever.

I have low will power in the food department as far as making my own goes and seem to loose a lot if I stick to planned meals like nutrisystem and 'lean' TV dinners. It's just difficult with a much of guys on DnD night eating pizza and cheesy pasta. :P As it stands there are mini cupcakes and half a pizza in my fridge and I'm determined not to be the one to eat them.

So... I'm new, hi. Anyone here have tough times with medical issues, influencing friends, or have worse or better luck with TV dinners? I wouldn't mind a buddy or two to message back and fourth to.

Congrats if you bothered to read ALL of this mess. I really appreciate it. You should reward yourself with cake-... I'm kidding.
DelightfulDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #2  
Dumpling

Bahaha. My first post and I mis-type the title. Story of my life.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #3  
Yep
Jedi Master

S/C/G: 100/76,6/60kg = 220/167/130lbs

Height: 172cm/67.7 inches

Whuddup my struggling with health and the malicious society fellow!
I'm also new here... no, don't close the tab yet. Keep on reading.
Good boy.

.. kidding

Having pizza and cupcakes in your fridge? This is masochistic, who bought them? .-.
My guess is that you live with other people, who eat these sorts of things. Blah. This makes everything harder.

I don't know how your weight journey went, how many diets you've been on and stuff like that. The first few days are hard, it gets easy after. I know you've probably heard this a million times, but you should keep it in mind.

So, if you want to know something about my weight, well, uhm ... erm .. I was 220 lbs at the age of 14. *cough* I can relate, believe me. All the depression, insecurity, feeling awful in your own skin, afraid to go out in public. Being bullied and made fun of.

Currently I'm 16 years old, 67.7 inches tall, 167 lbs and I wanna be 130.

I'm a girl ffs, women should be sexy and all that **** you know?!

So I've lost about 55 lbs overall. Most of them I lost while playing on the computer ... that's the best part.

I would love having someone to chat with, I'm motivated so let's ****ing do this together, shall we? x)

P.S. Gonna reward myself with a cake now, thank you, sir.
Yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulDemon View Post
So I just discovered this forum yesterday in a look-about for a way to broadcast my journey to loose 100lbs. I'm not terribly willful and now having lots of roommates with poor eating habits has made it worse. I have never in my life had a flat stomach and was only recently FINALLY diagnosed as hypothyroid. It explained all the constant pain, lack of energy, and weight despite biking/swimming/and walking everyday. I feel like I'm buzzing with desire to go out and run and bike further than the neighborhood but my knees and shoulders crackle with pain and fatigue finds me in minutes. I am told with my newest stronger meds and continued use of the gym it'll get better.

I do have energy, more than I had before, but I'm still in pain and my metabolism isn't much better. I joined this site rather than make my own page for weight loss because you lot seemed more supportive and a group doing something similar together felt nicer than displaying myself like a freak show on something else.

I am pretty much exactly 100 lbs overweight. I am 240lbs and want to be 140 or 130. I have never in teenage or adulthood been what I can recall as a 'healthy' weight so I'll have to find out what feels better when I get there.

With support I have found my current body 'cute', and gotten far more comfortable in my skin. However, I just do not want to be chubby forever.

I have low will power in the food department as far as making my own goes and seem to loose a lot if I stick to planned meals like nutrisystem and 'lean' TV dinners. It's just difficult with a much of guys on DnD night eating pizza and cheesy pasta. :P As it stands there are mini cupcakes and half a pizza in my fridge and I'm determined not to be the one to eat them.

So... I'm new, hi. Anyone here have tough times with medical issues, influencing friends, or have worse or better luck with TV dinners? I wouldn't mind a buddy or two to message back and fourth to.

Congrats if you bothered to read ALL of this mess. I really appreciate it. You should reward yourself with cake-... I'm kidding.
First thing is welcome.
Second thing is the hypothyroidism is not causing you any pain. The cause of your pain is your physical weight. When you lose weight the pain will go.

Third thing, jedi is right. Its hard to imagine how you can be successful long term being surrounded by people eating food you describe on a regular basis. It would be rough for everyone who likes that sort of food.

The fatigue comes from general lack of fitness. when you become fitter you will not experience such fatigue. To deal with your lack of fitness, don't go overboard with exercise. Just start off nice and steady and don't rely on doing a lot of it to lose the weight. Its better to think of weightloss as 80% diet and 20% exercise. To be sustainable longterm, you need to overhaul the way you eat all the time.

You don't have to change everything all at once but personally i find it easier to do that. I quit sweets completely. And i will only eat them on a special proscribed occasions when i feel the risk is low. Other junk foods are not a bit issue for me. But i cannot eat pizza every day or cheese on toast all the time either.

I would recommend a couple of very useful books because they give very good reliable information and advice that will serve you well for a long long time.
1. The Don't Go Hungry Diet
2. Don't go Hungry For Life also by Dr Amanda Sainsbury-Salis
3. French Women Don't Get Fat

I 'm not suggesting you do everything they say. But there are definitely things they teach you about that are important to know and understand and its worthwhile taking on some of their methods.

With both of these methods, you don't need willpower as much as you need to start making better decisions about when to eat, how much to eat and what to eat, learning about nutrition and the value of good quality food that tastes delicious. If you can really understand what the french woman is saying, you won't even want to eat pizza so often anymore.

I think you should also try to figure out how you are going to cope with your room mates dietary habits. Personally with me, i put the food i am avoiding out of sight so i'm not thinking about it all the time. I know its harder with foody smells.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Every step toward a healthier lifestyle including light exercise (maybe a 15 minute comfortable walk) will help so hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
Second thing is the hypothyroidism is not causing you any pain. The cause of your pain is your physical weight. When you lose weight the pain will go.
I've played the thyroid game for years. I have Hashimotos and am usually low but have been high too, neither are any fun. Hyrothyroidism absolutely can cause pain.

Changing my diet and adding gentle exercise has helped a lot. Yes, I'd love to be lighter than I am now but I am lighter than I was and I have so much more energy and less pain.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #6  
Cake Lover, Pasta Freak

S/C/G: 206/169/120

Height: 5'1

Love your name and your title. I totally CAKE THE CAKE when I have the chance.
maleficentpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #7  
Dumpling

Thank you all. ^.^ Yeah, my doctor said hypotyroidism DOES cause pain and fatigue but to work at it. With the medication I've turned my 1hr daily walks into 2hr, and lots of yoga. Now if I miss a class everything goes sore again. :P Dancing, hiking and swimming seem to work pretty good, and I enjoy lifting weights because the strength helps me not get so tired.

I do live with others. They are all guys. They love pizza and Chinese. :P Strange thing is... I don't even like those foods that much. I love vegetables, fish, and nutty whole grain breads. BUT, it's tough to deal with the greasy smell-good food they bring in. >.< And game nights? Bahaha.