100 lb. Club - If you don't care for water this might help

glynne
07-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi Everyone!

Maybe some of you have already found this, but I thought I'd share just in case. I found a water alternative that might be of help to those who don't especially care for water.

It is fruit flavored spring water, no calories ~ sweetened with splenda. I have seen fruit flavored sparkling waters, but they are carbonated. This is just plain fruit flavored. They had strawberry, grape, raspberry and lemon. I think I liked the strawberry the best. It is called fruit 2 o. It is put out by the people who make the Very Fine fruit juices. I found it at Walmart.

Gayle

matt_H
07-21-2003, 10:12 PM
I've never really had a problem drinking water. I'm like a sponge, constantly thirsty! I do like the carbonated water (mandarin orange is my favorite). I haven't tried the fruit 2 O yet.

SuchAPrettyFace
07-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Oooh, carbonated water. I love it. I drink at least a can a day. Better than soda. :)

jiffypop
07-22-2003, 12:11 AM
love the fruit2Os... and since i can't have carbonation.. this stuff is a real treat, especially when icy cold.

bella23
07-22-2003, 01:07 AM
I love to just make cool-aid with splenda. It tastes great and my kids love it!

Bella23

glynne
07-22-2003, 01:12 AM
I will have to try that Bella ~ do you use the kind that you would normally add sugar to, but use splenda instead? How much splenda do you add?

Gayle

Goddess Jessica
07-22-2003, 03:05 AM
Splenda is a 1:1 sweetner, glynne. So, fpr kool-aid, if my ghetto youth serves me right, it's 1 cup.

natenkayliesmom
07-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by bella23
I love to just make cool-aid with splenda. It tastes great and my kids love it!

Bella23

Stupid me... I hadn't even thought of that. We have all kinds of splenda here that we haven't used in a few months. I quit buying sugar after I realized that was what was causing my dd's behavior probs. And the kids are getting so sick of drinking water cause "mom has lost her mind & won't let them have anything else." :lol:

(You learn so many useful things from this board!!!!! ;) )