Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #1  
Started IP 6-2-14

Default Anyone else starting IP on 06-01-14?

Yeah, I'm one of those that needs to start on a "1st of the month", LOL. Too bad it's not also a Monday It's funny because I'm even trying to lose 2 pounds BEFORE I start IP so I can be at a round number (pardon the pun, ha!).

Reasons for starting June 1: I'm extremely busy with work right now but it should slow somewhat by then. In the meantime, I'm reading about IP and gathering products when I can find time/money. And I'll be past 2 of the most tempting weekends of my summer by then

I'll be doing IP on my own with alternative products as the closest center is 60 miles away.

Anyone else starting IP on 06-01-14? Would love to hear how you're prepping and gearing up mentally, and would appreciate the support of others. Please post!
Italophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

The first few days are the toughest so you can get ready by:

--reduce your carb intake prior to starting
--you can start setting up your My Fitness Pal food tracker now and take all your measurements etc. so you have your real starting weight and measurements before you lose weight
--Starting to drink more water is just a good practice.
-- I also gave up caffeine, so if that is something you might want to do, you could start weaning off that
-- get your vitamins organized and the stuff you need ready -- a good kitchen scale etc.

Don't worry about "round numbers"... honesty is better and a lot of us started losing weight before IP. To me, that counts in your weight loss journey. Your healthier eating can start any time before June 1st

Welcome to IP -- good for you for making a plan. That's already a step to success!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #3  

I started yesterday because I kept telling myself, I'll start next month and it didn't happen. I was with my grand kids last week and saw a bunch of pictures of me with them and I knew I had to start right away! I knew I had out on some weight but I was shocked to see what I looked like.
Pink Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats on starting Italophile and Pink Ninja! You'll find great support, motivation, ideas, recipes, etc. here. Great bunch of super supportive posters!

You'll find most of your questions, etc., will get answered the quickest on the Daily Chat or, if you're using alternatives, the Alternatives that Will Work on Phase 1 thread.

Hooray for you for deciding to take control!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Pink Ninja - i started yesterday too! How are you feeling? I couldn't wait for lunch today and I just keep drinking my water with some lemon in it. I'm going to pick up some xylitol sweetened gum to help in between meals - especially for when ketosis begins. Overall though - I'm feeling pretty good staying away from sugars - surprising since I am a self confessed sugarholic. Congratulations on starting and I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress!
tvizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #6  

Hi newcomers
There are already newcomer threads.
Most recent looks like this one
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-lets-do.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #7  
Started IP 6-2-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
The first few days are the toughest so you can get ready by:

--reduce your carb intake prior to starting
--you can start setting up your My Fitness Pal food tracker now and take all your measurements etc. so you have your real starting weight and measurements before you lose weight
--Starting to drink more water is just a good practice.
-- I also gave up caffeine, so if that is something you might want to do, you could start weaning off that
-- get your vitamins organized and the stuff you need ready -- a good kitchen scale etc.

Don't worry about "round numbers"... honesty is better and a lot of us started losing weight before IP. To me, that counts in your weight loss journey. Your healthier eating can start any time before June 1st

Welcome to IP -- good for you for making a plan. That's already a step to success!
Thank you for the great tips and encouragement, IP43! I forgot about the food scale. I'm headed to Costco today; I wonder if they have one? I don't think I'll be able to give up coffee but I need to find a new way to drink it I need to get vitamins, too. I always dread taking them because so many have upset my stomach.
Italophile is offline   Reply With Quote