Looking Good, Feeling Great - I love my ugly body

View Full Version : I love my ugly body

Wannabeskinny
05-23-2014, 10:36 AM
I came across this post by a woman who is a cross fit trainer who has suffered body image issues after losing 164lbs. It's a great post.

http://imperfectlife.net/ilovemyuglybody/?fb_action_ids=10204011288347072&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B574182219346004%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

I'm definitely not in the shape she is in but I do love my ugly body too! Because:

- it gave birth to a beautiful son
- it has been strong enough to endure walking daily all over NYC
- it has a beautiful shape although a little big
- It's soft and cuddly and warm

Silverfire
05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
I needed that. Thank you!

nonameslob
05-23-2014, 12:02 PM
I must be hormonal today or that was just super inspiring because I am in tears right now. Thank you for this. It reminded me why I'm REALLY losing weight and getting fit. Not to have a super hot bod, but so I can do the things I love to do and have fun instead of struggling. So I can climb mountains and paddle the canoe and ride my bike without being left behind or having to turn around.

Novus
05-23-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm definitely with those who got a little weepy because of this.

StarlightMintz
05-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Love that blog post! Thanks for sharing it! :)

berryblondeboys
05-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks! I think I'll blog about it and another one that I saw that is similar.

What's so sad is that we are so hard on ourselves. My husband at 47 years old still has a very nice body. The most his weight has varied in his adult life is 20 pounds - no surgeries, no scarring. His body is great.

Mine is a wreck - gaining weight stretch marks, pregnancy stretch marks, loose and floppy skin from losing weight. Small scars from gall bladder surgery. It's wholly imperfect and shows the abuse I've put my body through.

But, my husband loves my body when I am taking care of it. He just sees the fitter, healthier me. He truly doesn't care about the skin and stretch marks and all the things I fixate on. We ALL need to have that kind of perspective - the IMPORTANT stuff!