Calorie Counters - So. To keep me accountable.... My weight .,,

PinkPowerRanger71
05-21-2014, 05:36 AM
I am going to weigh weekly on the machine in town and then
Upload the printout. Can't cheat that way. So here's my very first weigh in.

CalCounter1003
05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure what this machine is? Wondering if there are any around me.

PinkPowerRanger71
05-21-2014, 06:41 AM
It's in my local chemist. It gives you weight and height and bmi and there's an option for body fat too but that costs 70p rather than 50p. ( I'm in the UK )

Atalanta83
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
That is very brave of you. Well done. I did something similar when I decided to commit to this wave of change - I posted a photo of my home scales on my instagram, for all of my friends to see. It said I was 166kg.
What made me do that?
It came out of a conversation with my best friend, which consisted of me in tears and a sobbing mess after reading the scales for the first time in five years. She said "...this time is different, you are owning it. You are admitting to yourself that things are *that bad* and doing something about it. You wouldn't have gotten on those scales if you hadn't. You wouldn't be dieting if you weren't. You're owning it and you're making a real change".
After that conversation, I decided that if I really wanted to 'own' my weight and commit to making a change, I had to admit the numbers were real. To me, that included admitting to them publically. All of my friends are thin and fit and wonderfully supportive, but they don't understand what it is like to be the fat girl. I was overwhelmed by the number of comments telling me how brave I am and how proud they are that I am doing something about it. Then, when I posted again last weekend, to show the 7kgs I had lost in the week, the comments came again. I know that if I post an increase, they will just be more supportive and help me change to lose it again.
I think what you are doing is great.

PinkPowerRanger71
05-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you Atalanta83.You're lucky to have supportive friends.I don't have anyone other than facebook friends.Nobody in real life.
7kg in a week is amazing-well done!!We're similar heights and similar weights so we can support each other too.
One of my main problems is I have 5 children at home(and 1 at uni) and am a single parent so never get a break to concentrate on me.I think I eat for pleasure a lot-because I get no me-time.That needs to stop.
It'll be interesting to see how the weight goes on real food as the diets I've done for the last however many years have been vlcd's.I lost weight really quickly the first 2 times but the last time I tried it came off so slowly it discouraged me.
I knew if I didn't post a physical proof of my weight I would be tempted to give up.This will be like going to a slimming club but online LOL

PinkPowerRanger71
05-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Week 1 weigh in this morning and I'm very happy :)

PinkPowerRanger71
05-28-2014, 11:41 AM
It also made me .3 inches taller which is weird. Mind you I used to be 5ft7...

Lilbert
05-30-2014, 03:53 AM
Congratulations!!! :D that's awesome! :carrot:

PinkPowerRanger71
06-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Another good week. 4lbs lost :). The machine makes me a different height rah time though. Lol.

CalCounter1003
06-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Another good week. 4lbs lost :). The machine makes me a different height rah time though. Lol.
Great four in one week is a lot!
That's strange on height.

PinkPowerRanger71
06-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Apologies for the spelling mistakes-I was posting from my phone.It's obviously meant to say "each time" lol.
I asked a lady in the chemist about the machine and the height difference and she said it measures the eye height so if I was looking slightly higher or lower that would be why it's slightly different.

Shannonsnail
06-04-2014, 09:15 AM
You're doing great! Love the printout idea! We don't have those here!

Cattails
06-05-2014, 06:42 PM
:bravo:

Streudel
06-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Fantastic job! :D :bravo:

CalCounter1003
06-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Apologies for the spelling mistakes-I was posting from my phone.It's obviously meant to say "each time" lol.
I asked a lady in the chemist about the machine and the height difference and she said it measures the eye height so if I was looking slightly higher or lower that would be why it's slightly different.

Wow that's interesting that it measures at eyes! But if someone has a really big forehead then it would be a lower height than it should be. But I guess we don't worry about fat from eyes up. ;)

PinkPowerRanger71
06-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Yeah I guess they just use the eyes as a guideline.

PinkPowerRanger71
06-11-2014, 05:52 AM
Small weight loss this week. Only 1.3lb. (It rounds the lbs down on the machine. ) 600g. Bit disappointed but a loss is better than nothing I guess.

Cattails
06-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Congrats on "only" 1.3 lbs. - you're doing great! :cheer:

PinkPowerRanger71
06-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Same weight loss this week as last week. I'm a bit concerned because it's very slow. I am eating approx 1500 cals a day. My mfp amount is 1640. Perhaps my metabolism is so slow that I need to reduce it more.

HeeHawHoney
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Keep up the good work. Just stick with it, and the scales will eventually move.

love2b150
06-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Same weight loss this week as last week. I'm a bit concerned because it's very slow. I am eating approx 1500 cals a day. My mfp amount is 1640. Perhaps my metabolism is so slow that I need to reduce it more.

PinkPowerRanger, First let let me CONGRATULATE YOU on your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work :) NOW I'm no expert ... I don't think it would be wise to lower your calories. You may even want to go on another site to check what your calories should indeed be. From my years of reading on 3FC your calories right now may actually be too low because as you continue to loss weight you will lower then. When I was at my highest 197-220 I was eating 1650-1800 calories. You may be actually already eating in what should be your maintenance range that could be why you aren't seeing the losses as you believe you should. Also since you have started walking it does help a great deal after meals at least it does with me so the scale should definitely be moving in your favor. Also from my experience MFP can be inaccurate so do check out over sites to get your calorie count and then adjust the numbers on MFP. Best of luck to you, I wish you much success on your journey :hug:

BettyBooty
07-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Eh, in my case, MFP seems pretty accurate as far a recommended calorie intake goes. I did a few different BMR calculators on-line and they all fall somewhere in the 1800-calorie area for me now, and MFP recommends I eat 1290 calories for a pound a week weight loss. Seems on target.

PPR17, try eating a bit more calories, and remember: a loss is still a loss!

Liz46
07-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss! Awesome!

I love the readout! We don't have those in my area either. Wish we did!