Looking Good, Feeling Great - Biggest Loser mini-expose

View Full Version : Biggest Loser mini-expose

BettyBooty
05-19-2014, 08:43 AM
I don't watch the show much, but I know it is likely very controversial around here. The truths revealed aren't very shocking ot me, but I fully admit to being a skeptic about the show anyway.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21137_5-details-they-cut-from-my-season-the-biggest-loser.html

berryblondeboys
05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't watch much TV, but anyone with a brain should know this is DANGEROUS methods. I'm so glad it was a "near winner" that came forward to expose lies, but I'm sure there are haters too that are saying, "she's only saying all that because she didn't win!"

Someone will die on this show one day. Without a doubt.

EscapeKitty
05-19-2014, 12:05 PM
I watched the first season and only popped in once or twice after that. Every year I feel like the contestants' genuine pain is exploited more and more.

Wannabeskinny
05-20-2014, 07:32 AM
I admit that in the past I used to watch it. But nothing about it felt real, I knew that this was an unhealthy way to lose weight. I got some inspiration from the contestants themselves who seemed to really want and need to lose weight but the trainers are made to look like compassionate people and I don't think they are. I hate how awful people are made to look, how the women are forced to wear those bras, how humiliating that must be.

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 09:02 AM
I never watched it and honestly, I am not very surprised. But reading other exposÚs from that website the authors all sound like a bunch of bitter old men. I'm not saying it isn't true -- reality shows are anything but, and we'd have to be very naive to think otherwise, but I can imagine that not everything is so negative.