South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ 163.9/ 130

Height: 5 ft

Question End of Phase 1?? Hmm....

Good morning all,

Ok, so I'm thinking my gain was a water gain *hint hint* - most of it is gone now. I have lost a total of 2.2 lbs in P1. This Monday would normally be the end of P1 for me. I didn't stray from the plan in any way, (other than eating too many nuts that time) but still I'm wondering if I should stay on P1 for another week and try to drop a few more pounds, or if I should move on to P2 and start "life" lol...

Last edited by Roldgold831; 05-17-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Roldgold831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Personally, I would move on to phase 2, or aleast the made up phase 1.5 (which is what I usually do) where I add in one fruit to my usual phase 1 menu. Helps give you variety & added nutrients.
Phase 1 isn't really meant to be maintained longer than a few weeks and while its very tempting to stay in it, it is not recommended.

Congrats on the loss so far!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ 163.9/ 130

Height: 5 ft

Thanks so much rivergirl! That's exactly what I'm going to do!

I've also noticed that alot of the foods I eat on a daily basis do have alot of sodium in them. Much more than I would've guessed. So what I'm doing now is using fitday to track my foods as well so I can keep an eye on my sodium intake (I've noticed my ankles are pretty swollen)

Hopefully now that I'm going to be switching to phase 1.5 and journaling closer, I'll have better results
Roldgold831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Sounds like a good plan. Everyone is different - for example, I know I can eat a grain in the AM and a fruit after noon (or else I crave sugar all day) without gaining. You will find your groove! Search Phase 1.5 on the boards for tips!!!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote