South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Water Weekend on the Beach 5/17-18

Anyone else getting flooding?! Gratefully, it's in the creeks and rivers, and not my basement! I took the pup on a run this AM, and a lot of the bike path had been flooded over and receeded, but is quite muddy. I look like a bad @$$ with all the mud on my legs!!

I have work this AM, then a friend coming over for dinner. She's a great friend, and I'm mad at her because she's moving away, darned it. I'm thinking of making the ranch kabobs, they are so yummy!

Anyone with exciting plans? I wonder how Natasha's visit is going?!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Hi Twynn! Thankfully no flooding here or in your basement! Lol

Thanks for the compliments yesterday regarding my organization. Believe me, it's nothing extraordinary. The reason I work so much in my yard this time of year is because it's a big mess. I'm very envious of you gardeners who can grow so much produce, yet I recognize that I can work on it a little bit at a time. One of these days or years I might actually have something that's pretty productive. It's something to work for and look forward to.

I've enjoyed some time to myself, now it's time to head upstairs to work on the rental for the day, then I head back to work at the restaurant on Sunday.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Yesterday DH and I had fun shopping at the REI anniversary sale. Today I'm working late morning into afternoon. We've been invited to three graduation parties. The only one I actually want to go to is during my work hours so I'll miss it. One we plan to skip entirely and we'll briefly stop by the third.

Not much else happening here.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was an early morning without enough sleep and I was out the door running errands ahead of the crowds. Now I'm ready for more coffee and a breather
I can't remember who asked what but Cricket's problem is a breed issue, she has a short snout so as she ages breathing becomes more of a challenge for her. She has lost some weight since she was sick (and her Daddy got s talking to about all the goodies!) which should help. We bought an AC last year to get her through the heat. I just find it very difficult to hear her when her breathing is very shallow so I end up waking her and adjusting her every night. Of course she rolls right back onto her side but it helps for a little while.

Tammy - Glad your basement didn't flood. The river is very high here but no problems so far. Ranch kabobs sound delish.

Debbie - I'm always amazed at how much you get done in a day! Hope it's a good day

Karen - How was the sale? Any hard to resist deals?

Ruth & Cottage - hope you're having a great time

Okay, time to get to house chores.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy think of your morning run as a tough muddy lol

Karen I too love REI!!! Get anything good???

Debbie hope your garden grows

Cyndi hope you find time for some fun this weekend

Work again today. It was gorgeous again today. Otherwise same old routine
Old 05-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #6  

Good morning chicks -

Jennifer - hope work is going well. How do your legs recover from that long ride?!

Debbie - hope work is going well for you. You've had a crazy week!

Cyndi - do you get to relax at all today? Poor little cricket! (LOL...poor you for missing out on sleep!)

Karen - an REI sale would be fantastic! We saw a distribution center near out house, too bad it's not an outlet as well.

Yesterday was a good day - work went by quickly, got my power nap , and had our friends over last night after a cooking and cleaning spree. We always vacuum right before she gets there, since she's allergic to cats, and I have 4 of them.

Today I think will be lazy (I hope). Well, the standard anyway of menu planning and grocery shopping. Oooooh, the excitement!!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #7  

PS - I wonder what Linda and Ruth are up to?!?!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chicks. I was MIA yesterday as I took DS2 to play in a tournament. So today is my chore/clean/grocery/meal planning day. Right now it is very sunny so I am hoping to get in a little garden time. I have some flowers to plant and will maybe work on prep for the veggie garden too.

Tammy, I actually appreciate the weekends mostly because I have the time to catch up on those exciting chores I don't get to on work days.
Cyndi, hope you got your chores done and had some relaxing time too.
Jennifer, have a good day of work.

Tammy, I was wondering about Linda and Ruth, too!!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Just surfing around, seeing what everyone else is up to. I thought this was going to be about drinking enough water!! LOL Sorry about the flooding. Hope it's all dried up by now.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the run this morning as yesterday changed a bit. While I was down in Denver running errands for the project it came up that DD didn't have a babysitter and had tickets for a baseball game. I drove back up to pick up DH and our planned dinner supplies and headed back down to babysit. We took turns sleeping on the couch while our energetic 2 yr old bounced all over and we didn't get home until midnight. FAr too late for me but the kids had fun.

I need smoothie then it's time to head to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

My house is cold again this morning but since the temps are starting to warm up it won't take long before it is too hot and the ac kicks in again.

Yesterday took DD2 and a friend to City Musuem and got a great work out in. You have to climb ten stories to slide down a 10 story slide always a good heart workout lol

Twynn we had a ton of rain this past week but my dehumidifier did a great job of keeping my basement dry, glad to hear that you did not get flooding

Debbie sounds like you and DH had fun with grandbaby

Karen did you pick up some good finds at REI?

Beth enjoy your garden time

Jekel enjoy your day at work

I told DD2 I wanted a mom/daughter day no playing with friends today so we will shall hang out today and maybe go get our toes done, while DH goes to a baseball game.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

So, REI finds: I got Columbia pants 30% off, a Prana top on sale, and a full-price Marmot top. DH got a tent $100 off and several shirts, some on sale.

I've spent my morning sucked into genealogy stuff again. I have found myself having to try to learn more about DNA so I can interpret some results for potential relative matches. It is all rather over my head.

Tonight we are having dinner at friend's house. They just got back from a trip which they want to tell us about and their son (who is friends with DS2) is home from college. We are having a house guest show up today sometime, staying two nights. This is the gentleman who stayed a few months ago when he came to town on business. His co-worker came with him that trip and is the wife of an old friend of DH. It's a bit odd having a guest who we hardly know but both DH and I are fine with it.

Have a great day.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm home! Ruth and I spent a fun weekend in Philly with several good friends, and had a great time. Now I want to put my feet up and rest up so I'll be in good shape for tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Another busy day of errands and yard work around here. Now for a glass of wine and a movie.

Cottage - glad you all had a good time
Closed Thread