Support Groups - 5:2 IF Plan -- Tell me how it is working for you?

Pages : [1] 2

Sum38
05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I am just starting the 5:2 plan. Excited about it.

I would love to hear from people who have been on it for awhile or who just started or who is curious about it.

Please share your journey and tips.

I did a 500 calorie fast day yesterday and lost a ton of bloat. Today I am eating around 1200 calories which is a normal day of eating for me.

love2b150
05-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Well as you know my friend that's how I saw my low. SO it definitely works ... I just need to get back to it :)

Sum38
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
You did awesome on it, Rennie! Let's get back on it!

What are you having today? Is it a normal day or a fasting day for you?

love2b150
05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna say fast day but every time I proclaim it, I screw up. SO hoping I didn't jinx myself ;) Yesterday was definitely a high day :)

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Been doing it since August and have lost about 25 pounds. It's slow, but it's easy, sustainable, and it works. I'm slowly moving over to a 4:3 plan to help speed up my loss. There's a really great group I'm in on Facebook (they're mostly Brits...lol), let me know if you are interested. The support is excellent.

As you've already noticed, you'll lose a lot of bloat at first, and then you should expect about a one pound loss each week. I notice your calories are really low for a non-fast day - not necessarily anything wrong with that, as I real encourage eating normally (until full) on feast days rather than calorie counting - but you may want to reconsider that amount if you notice yourself struggling with hunger or not losing.

There's a few of us doing 5:2 in the IF thread on here somewhere. :)

For me, on a fast day, I like to eat all my calories in one evening meal (though I do drink coffee with milk and honey in the morning). I do not count calories at all unless I notice myself not losing anymore (helps me get back on track as sometimes I start going overboard on feast days), though I do typically weigh out my food for fast-day meals.

Also, my IBS has disappeared completely and my hair is growing like crazy!

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Wow, nonameslob, nice going!! Your progress is inspiring.

I will sprinkle in one splurge day, where I will eat upto 2500 calories. I want to go out once per week and not worry about what I eat and how much.

I will adjust the non-fast day calories as needed. If I workout I will probably go for 1500-1600 calories on those day, since I tend to do pretty intense stuff on my those days.

I would love to be part of the FB group. Thanks!!! Send me a PM with a link please :)

ETA; I ate all my 500 calories in one meal too; dinner. I don't do well with a ton of little meals. I want substance when I eat :D

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Rennie, you can do it! Or I will come after you with a :frypan:

:lol3:

love2b150
05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
noname, I have type II diabetes and I find it hard to get tons of calories in without eating bread/flour. What are your typical high meals like?

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
That's a great plan! That's part of why I'm (kinda) doing 4:3 now. I typically fast Mondays and Wednesdays, have well-balanced meals Tuesdays and Thursdays, on Fridays I fast until dinnertime and then have whatever for dinner, and weekends are fair game.

I'm a little bit off this week, but that's what's great about it - you just move the fasts around to fit your schedule.

love2b150
05-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Sum you know I am all for it :) I will definitely follow you :)

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Since I just started this plan, I was wondering if I could do 4:3 plan. I know the book does not encourage it...but it would suit me well.

This week I fasted Tuesday, will fast Thursday and again on Sunday. I think I will do the same schedule on the following week as well. -- Saturday will be my splurge day; I will go out for sushi :drool:

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Rennie, I just started logging my meals over at MFP, my diary is open. Check it out. I am getting around 1200 cals today without any grains.

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 11:22 AM
love2b150 I've been reintroducing full-fat foods into my diet (oh what a wonderful thing!) as I've discovered eating tons of refined carbs make me really hungry and full fat keeps me full.

Full-fat cottage cheese with pineapple for breakfast. For snacks I have apples with peanut butter or hummus with veggies. I've also been eating more full fat cheese, nuts, oils, etc. For lunch, I've been making meals with barely in it (so filling, so much fiber, and I don't think it's as high on the glycemic index as other carbs but I could be wrong). Dinner is usually some sort of meat/bean/vegetable. I have been making a lot of kebobs (meat or seafood + veggies, sometime potatoes, too). I make curries, tacos, jambalaya, chili.

I don't usually have much of a problem getting my calories on feast days ever since I start adding in more fats and oils. Most of my calories used to come from dinner but now they're really coming from those high-cal high-fat snacks.

love2b150
05-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks noname, what about beans?

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
I love beans! I make a bean burrito for lunch/dinner quite often.

Corn tortilla, blackbeans, avocado, little cheese, a dab of sourcream and some salsa....yumm-o!

More I think about this plan, the better it sounds. Nothing seems off limits.

love2b150
05-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Yum the burrito sounds really good :drool:

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 11:45 AM
What about them? Sorry, just not sure of the question.

I eat them because they are cheap and I'm trying to cut down on my meat consumption. When I make tacos, I usually make some blacks beans to put in them as well. I make soup with beans. Homemade refried beans. Black beans in my barley salad. I don't usually eat them on fast days, though.

I am slow and just saw Sum38's post. YUM.

love2b150
05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I love your menu. Eggs are my issue since losing weight. I burp this awful something after I eat them :( so I'd have to find something to replace them with. Maybe I'll try egg beaters again. Didn't think about that :)

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh no! Eggs are my staple breakfast on the weekend, I would be sad to have that issue. :( I'm sure you'll find something.

Sum38
05-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I don't like breakfast, but I tolerate hard boiled eggs, plus they keep me full for awhile, so I eat them in the mornings.

Now it is my fruit smoothie protein shake time. :)

love2b150
05-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks Ladies, I'm gonna get this sorted out :)

Sassyblonde
05-17-2014, 02:45 AM
I started the 5:2 last week and have lost a pound, which is fantastic because I have been stuck like glue. I fast Sundays and Wednesdays generally. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I also did the intermittent fasting which helped before too. I just have to have enough energy for working out, so I have to plan the fast days carefully. I do like it, I think I can do this for maintenance once I hit goal which is hopefully quite soon!

Sum38
05-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Sassyblonde yay! A pound is fantastic! I lost a ton of bloat last week, which was my first week and I feel very optimistic about this diet.

I did have a few bad days here, but I am determined to fast today.

I am rare; I don't get shaky and weak on my fast days like others. I can carry on my normal workouts. As a matter of fact, the workout take my hunger away.

Sassyblonde what made you choose 5:2?

Sassyblonde
05-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Sum, I read another post and I thought what the heck. I was stuck and starting to slip not tracking everything I ate..and I felt like I wanted to recommit. I am the point now where it would be easy to stop and maintain. The last pounds are so hard and so it would be easy to just call it all good now..not what I want but what I would settle for. So I was heading that direction and needed to see a change to reignite my desire. I also am now blogging for my personal trainer so I am re-committed to goin all the way.

Sum38
05-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Sassyblonde. You are so close to goal! This will take you there for sure. I still have 15-20 more pounds, and I am hoping that this lifestyle will be the magical thing for me.

Today is my fast day; the witching hour is here and now I would like to eat...but I won't give in :)

love2b150
05-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Sum and Sassy ... keep doing what you're doing. I am happy for both of you :hug:

I am struggling ... Today I ate 3090 calories. My calorie intake is supposed to be 1338 according to MFP. I doubled that plus 414 calories more.

Gonna try to eat properly tomorrow :crossed:

Sassyblonde
05-18-2014, 01:56 AM
Love2b150...tomorrow is another day :-) I ended up fasting as I couldn't exercise and thought I may as well get it done. hopefully I can workout tomorrow. Sum, it that last hour it two before bedtime that gets me! Which is right now...chewing gum, chugging water trying to Make it! I found this Protein packet that you mix with water..5 grams protein and 5 grams of fiber..30 calories that really really helps when I am starting to feel it, they are by Kellogs. I can't find them in the store anymore so I am going to Amazon.

Sum38
05-18-2014, 08:05 AM
Oh, Rennie! Hugs! :hug: I have been there a million and one times. -- Today is a new day, make it into a fast day to cut your cycle. That always helps me.

I will fast with you if that would help!

I will have a hard boiled egg for bfast, with some green tea (Green tea power!), skip lunch and have 300cals worth salmon filet, and 130 calorie salad for dinner.

Sum38
05-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Would it help you Rennie if you were to start posting your meals? I promise to support you 100%, well you know that already :love:

love2b150
05-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Sassy, I'm hoping to do better today but it's still early and I don't have as much confidence as I had before.

Sum I wish I had signed on before church or directly after. So far today, I have had 2 grapefruits, probably 1.5 cups of watermelon and a little cream cheese frosting after frosting the cake (it's gone now). I have two cups of green tea waiting with 3 bottles of water beside me.

weigh in today 167 up 2.6 from yesterday

Sum38
05-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Okee, so your day is going pretty well, Rennie!

I just inputted all of my upcoming meals for the following week to MFP, and I WILL follow them.

Sum38
05-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Today is my regular, but low calorie eating day.

I started my morning off with some hard boiled eggs (2) and decaf coffee with 1/2 & 1/2. Since I volunteer all day at the FCA (prior today, Monday's have always been my fasting days...) my day will be hectic and I will have a very little time to eat; I will bring along a Slim Fast and some Greek yogurt. I know the slim fast is all chemicals, but better than nothing (since my fast day will be tomorrow). For dinner I will make some left over beef tenderloin, "fry" some potatoes in EVOO and a salad...total calories for the day just a tad bit over 1300.

I am hoping that I have enough stamina tonight and do a workout; weights, treadmill and a swim.

What about you day ladies? Is it a fast day?

nonameslob
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning! It's so wonderful to see an active 5:2 thread :)

Today is my first fasting day of the week. Just coffee with honey, and water, until dinnertime. Planning to have a chicken Cesar salad with lots of veggies.

My plan for the week is fast today and Wednesday. I'm going to try to adhere to an eating window on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (only eat lunch and dinner, but not counting cals) as I've definitely been over-doing it lately. We'll see how it goes! Last week was a very off week for me, though I did manage to fit in both of my fasts, I completely over-indulged and I was really busy and didn't get to the gym at all. Looking forward to a real workout tonight.

love2b150
05-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Sum, I'm gonna try to stick with my menu, I say try because as we know I've been easily thrown off. My husband is home and he tends to help keep me in check but he leaves at 2-2:30 so thank goodness that is when I have my snack planned. I'm gonna also look at your menus for the week. I'm scared to eat potatoes. I wish I was as disciplined as you :)

noname I'm loving this thread I hope it remains active so I can continue to read what you all are doing daily. Good plan today :)

I have a plan today and so far it is working but I am only one meal in. I have had probably four really really high calorie days, two I know for sure but the other two I didn't keep track so to me that says a lot. I have been trying to do the 5:2 up/down day meal plan and so far I have failed miserably. I started out the month weighing 159.8 and have twice weighed in at almost 10lbs higher ... 5/13 ~ 168.0 and today ~ 167.8. ok end of confession ... hoping to keep it together today :)

Sum38
05-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Pretty good day for me. 1360 calories. Including CHOCOLATE! I could not help myself. BUT I only ate 1/2 of a candy bar :D 131 calories worth.

Tomorrow is my fast day and I am kinda looking forward to it. I will do my grueling workout routine tonight; that way I can take it easier tomorrow. I think I will walk the pup in the morning. Then the afternoon is taken with my new volunteer gig at a local hospital. -- As long as I stay away from my house/kitchen and keep busy, fasting should be a breeze.

Sum38
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
nonameslob I hope you will have a great workout! What kind of a workout do you do? -- I walk my pup (10 year old..lol) 5-6 times per week 4.2-4.7 miles at a time. I usually walk at a brisk pace of 4.0 mph, so I do break a sweat. It is a very hilly terrain as well. Then I lift weights on Tu, Thr and Sat. I do step aerobics on Sun, Wed and Fri. And a few times per week I do a grueling workout when in addition to my pup walk and weights, I add power walking session (4.7 mph for 60 min) and a swim.

Rennie Today is a new day! You are prolly carrying a TON of water weight, I bet if you gained it is only 1-2 pounds. You will be down to 160 in no time!!

love2b150
05-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Thanks Sum, I sure hope so :hug:

nonameslob
05-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Just had my fast day dinner and getting ready to go to them gym. I feel great today!

Sum, I do 3-5 days of cardio (machines at the gym or road cycling or hiking. Sometimes I incoprorate intervals). And I also do two days of strength, which I only recently added. Ocassionally I do jillian michaels 30 day shred instead of the gym. I'll probably do that once this week.

Sum38
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
I have been lifting a year now, on and off, nonameslob...and I still hate it...lol Can't get addicted to it. -- I have been procrastinating all afternoon... I KNOW I will go to the gym tonight, but keep putting it off because I loathe it so much.

I do like going to the gym at night. Keeps me away from the kitchen and by the time I get back home, it is after 9pm and the gym workouts somehow kill my appetite anyways.... Then I Skype with my DH, which in turn keeps me away from the fridge :D

If I have nothing going on at night; I get into trouble with food. I start grazing....

Sum38
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
By the way, each time I write your name nonameslob, I giggle :lol: A GREAT name!!

nonameslob
05-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Do you know where the name is referenced from? ;)

I don't enjoy lifting either. I almost talked myself out of it! But, I did 30 on the Arc trainer and did my leg workout so I'm feeling good. I hope you got your workout in too!

Also fit into some old jeans from college today :D

Sum38
05-19-2014, 09:37 PM
No, I don't know where it is from. Tell me :)

love2b150
05-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Good morning Ladies :)

Sum thanks for your help :hug:

I had a good day yesterday, no hiccups ... I'm down 2lbs of bloat. I thought it would be more but I have probably put on a few real pounds also with the way and what I've been eating. Today should be another good day :crossed:

nonameslob
05-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Sum it is from my favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's!

love2b150 that is awesome! You'll get back to where you were in no time.

I hit a milestone today! (I am probably posting this in a million threads, but I don't care)...Finally reached 199 :D I haven't seen that number in about 3 years. Woohoo!

Trying something new with my 5:2 this week. On non-fast days, I'm "skipping" breakfast (but I am having an iced coffee with about a 1/2 cup whole milk, plus my regular coffee...I love coffee...). I have been over-indulging on my non-fast days and I think this will keep me in check, and hopefully boost my weight loss as it's been slow lately. I've always done well without breakfast anyway. It's 9AM and I'm not hungry, so let's see if I can make it until noon lol

love2b150
05-20-2014, 09:57 AM
thanks noname :) and :congrat: on reaching Onederland :high: I copy and paste my post most of the time because I talk/chat to different people on each thread, it's all good, SHARE YOUR JOY :hug:

Sum38
05-20-2014, 10:12 AM
:dance: nonameslob :dance:

THAT IS FANTASTIC!! Congrats...it is a big milestone! WOOT!

Rennie I am so happy I was able to be there for you yesterday. You did it! Today should be easier!!!

Sum38
05-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Today is a DownDay;
Plan is;
Bfast 2 medium hard boiled eggs and coffee w/cream (ugh...should have had green tea)
Lunch Fast
Dinner Corn tortilla topped with black beans, 1 oz of Mexican cheese, sour cream and salsa
Snacks Fast

Total calories 650

I am trying to get some exercise in as well...walk my puppy for 4.7 miles, swim and power walk on treadmill for 60 minutes...but that remains to be seen how I feel. -- I am volunteering until 5 pm. I may perk up after I have dinner and feel like doing it all.

I had an UpDay yesterday, around 1360 calories. ( I even had chocolate, but in moderation :yay:). I still managed to drop 2.2 pounds....but I think I did not drink enough after my grueling treadmill/weights workout. It was late and I did not feeling getting up every half an hour to pee, so I did not gulp down water.

I am hoping that 137.4 sticks after my fast day. That would be awesome. My lowest during this journey was 136 and I want to get below that before this month is up.

love2b150
05-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Sum, just so you know ... yesterday was more of a help than you know, so with that said, let me know if I get on your nerves because I know I will need that again but hopefully not today :) I am going to take out the tortilla and use lettuce greens, I am also adding in some ground beef :). Also instead of 2 whole eggs, I used 1 whole egg and 3 egg yolks. I'm not experiencing any burping so that's a plus. I read that it was the egg whites that cause the sulpher burps and that hasn't happened yet without them. I still don't think I will eat eggs that often, something about the smell is making me want to gag as I get older :shrug:

Sum, I just love your post ... WOOT WOOT on the 2.2 drop, GO SUM :high: you've got this and you will be below 136 by months end :) keep inspiring :hug:

Sum38
05-21-2014, 09:32 AM
And I am back up after a DownDay, frustrating.... I drank a lot of water and it did not come out, ugh.

Today is an UpDay
bfast -- 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee w/cream
lunch -- salad w/grilled chicken
dinner -- tacos

I think I will forgo snacks..calories around 1350

I hope I won't gain more today. I hope my water intake will start coming out ;) I will keep pushing more water, though. I think my system goes "huh" when I start the water regime. It does not know what to do with it and hangs onto it for a few days.

nonameslob
05-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Thank you guys! I am still in Onederland after a "feast" day (same weight as yesterday actually), which is shocking as I usually go up some. I did not eat breakfast yesterday, just an iced coffee in the morning, plus lunch and (a rather large) dinner. I think I will stick with that plan on my feast days as it went really well. I probably ended up around 1600-1700 cals.

Today is my second fast of the week so I should see more weight loss by morning. I do have a work meeting late tonight where they usually have food, so that might be tough as it's during my normal dinner time, but I have a meal planned at home and hopefully I can refrain until 730. I got to sleep in, which certainly helps!

Sum, sounds like you're really close to your lowest weight. I know the water part can be frustrating but your system will catch up soon and you'll get a woosh!

Rennie that is so odd about the eggs! Do hard boiled eggs do the same to you?

love2b150
05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Sum, I know it's a lot of water weight but how much sodium was in the seasoning and the grilled chicken? That's the only thing I can think of. I don't realize how salty something is until I enter it on MFP. just a thought :)

noname, I was reading and it said something about GERD. It is actually worse when the eggs are boiled. I'm gonna try an egg and mixed with an egg substitute and see how I do. I found out eating the eggs that I am fuller longer so that made me happy. I'll keep you posted :) If you eat at 7:30 what time will you go to bed? I also found that if I can not put anything in my mouth after 6-6:30 my weight and my fbs (fasting blood sugar) is better, unlike this morning, eating after 8:30pm.

had another drop of bloat, down 1.4 to 164.4

nonameslob
05-21-2014, 03:00 PM
love2b150 I hope the egg substitutes help!

I go to bed around 10:30-11, which will give me a good 3 hours to digest. Hopefully I'll also make it to the gym which will help that along!

Trazey34
05-21-2014, 03:11 PM
I've been doing the 5:2 for about 8 or 9 months now, I really like it because it takes the guesswork out of the equation LOL

I lost a boatload of weight (that's metric ;) ) by cutting down portion sizes and sorting myself out mentally, but the last 20ish lbs have been the 5:2 way. I like things automated, so this is easy for people who don't like to think about food every single solitary second

I do it thru the week, leaving weekends free and a bit of wiggle room to enjoy a few treats

Sum38
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Trazey34 I am in awe of you!! Congrats! -- it is nice to hear that this plan is working for the "last" 20 pounds; that is where I am at right now.

love2b150
05-21-2014, 04:51 PM
thanks noname :) sleep and the gym should definitely keep things moving for ya :)

Trazey, keep up the great work :) So on the weekends you eat what you want and you have two fast days during the week or do you have more lower days in the week and high on the weekend?

Sum you are working it out/off on this plan also :)

nonameslob
05-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Trazey34 What an awesome transformation! Glad 5:2 is working for you :) Keep it up!

Man, today I have been HUNGRY! Meeting is in 20 minutes...please oh please let them bring something I don't like to eat! *gulps down water*

Sum38
05-22-2014, 08:39 AM
It is a fast day 3/3 for me. -- I hope Tuesday's fast day won't repeat itself where I gained :o But I have been excellent what comes to my water intake and finally it is starting to come out too :cool: Total loss for the week is 3 pounds, so far, I am hoping to squeeze another pound by tomorrow's official weigh in.

Funny though; I was just not hungry yesterday. Does it happen to you guys after a fast day? -- So I skipped lunch. Why force it down when body does not want it right? And it is not that I am starving :D, I have a plenty of padding on me :p

I did something to the back of my knee. It started hurting during my aerobic class, the pain got so bad that I had to leave. I felt bad walking out in a middle of a song, but I thought I was going to pass out with pain. Maybe I did not warm up well enough. It feels like a ligament or tendon pain. -- I hope it passes soon. It is still sore today, though. -- I am taking the pup for a walk and see how it goes. I will go slow if needed. -- I am just really bummed out. I have JUST gotten into the exercise groove; I don't need an injury now :(

Today is supposed to be my hardest workout day; 4.7 mile pup walk; 4.7 mile power walk on treadmill; weights and swim... I try to do 1-2 of these grueling workouts per week. I was doing them 3 x week, but my body just got too tired. It really jump starts my metabolism though. Talk about shocking your system :devil:

nonameslob
05-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Wow, Sum! That is an amazing loss for just one week, and still more to come! Hope your knee feels better so you can keep it up.

I experience the same the day after a fast day, which is part of why I'm cutting out breakfast. I usually get hungry by lunch though. I made a fruit & veggie smoothie for today's lunch to break my fast (if we don't count my iced coffee...). Trying to be really good since I did not get to the gym last night and won't make it tonight either.

The lady who usually brings food to our meeting last night didn't show! Thank goodness, because I would have eaten anything put in front of me. I showed restraint on the candy that was brought out and had my 500 cal dinner when I got home :)

Down 1.6 pounds for the week, which I am very pleased with, after a no-loss week last week.

Trazey34
05-22-2014, 11:10 AM
@love2b150 I do 2 fasting days (usually Tues & Fri) and keep an eye on things during the week. The weekends aren't a free for all by any means, but I usually make a bigger Sunday dinner, and maybe lunch out on Saturday

As I said before, it's kind of nice being 'free' from food for that time. They always say alcoholics can just "stop" drinking but people can't stop eating, well you can actually LOL it makes for a nice break.

The first few times were hard, I felt a bit light-headed almost and grumpy LOL but now it's a habit and I always feel better afterwards!

Sum38
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
So I tried 4:3 plan this week, and it sucked! I can not do that many fast days. The third day was just too much; I was starving all day yesterday and felt weak. Well, I tried and the good news; I lost 5.2 pounds in one week. Lots of it was bloat that came off. I am at a new low, I am sure it won't stick, but it sure was nice to see 135.8 on that scale. I did a little happy dance :dance:

I will be going back to 5:2 plan. I will watch my calories as well.

Today is UpDay; I have 1700 calories planned and I will enjoy every one of them :D -- I just hope that my weight won't jump up too much; hoping to stay at the 136-137 range. I have lots of fruits and veggies/salads planned for today with 96g of protein sprinkled in.

nonameslob
05-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Monday was a holiday and we were away, so I did not do my normal fast. Fasting today! Tummy is a little grumbly already but I'm looking forward to a nice big chicken salad for dinner.

So I guess this week will be...

Monday: Normal eating
Tuesday: Fasting (500 cal)
Wednesday: Lunch & Dinner only
Thursday: Fasting (500 cal)
Friday: Fast until dinner
Saturday & Sunday: Normal eating

Last Friday I didn't manage to fast until dinnertime - I had a small lunch, but that's okay. I figure as long as I just hold out until I'm *actually* hungry, instead of eating just because that's what I'm used to, I'm fine. I don't want to limit my calories too much on my non-fast days because that will probably lead to total failure and the whole point of this diet is for it to be sustainable! However, I've definitely lost more since cutting out breakfast entirely during the week, which is just the motivation I needed.

I'd like to see 197 this week to make it 35 pounds lost!

love2b150
05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
I applaud all of you, keep up the great work :high:

I'm out of control and not following any plan. No matter how hard I try I can't maintain focus.

nonameslob
05-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Rennie, we all need a break sometime. Give yourself a deadline for when to get back to it, though, and we're here to support you when you're ready! A fast may seem like torture, but the longer you take before fasting again, the harder it will be (I mean, no pressure, but that's just what I've experienced...I don't enjoy re-living the headaches)

You're halfway to your goal, which is amazing! Get back to it and you'll be there before you know it :)

love2b150
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks noname :hug: I'm actually trying a fast today. It's still really early in the day so I'm hoping I don't cave and I can hold out till an hour before church this evening. Oh and I never noticed that on my ticker so thanks for noticing the half way point, it's off by 3.4 pounds. I really want to be at 164 or lower by 5/31 so wish me luck :)

nonameslob
05-28-2014, 09:58 AM
You can do it! You will feel so amazing when you wake up tomorrow when you succeed today! :cheer3:

love2b150
05-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Thank you :hug: I love you and Sum's postivity ... you're the best :hug:

Sum :wave:

love2b150
05-28-2014, 01:59 PM
love2b150 I hope the egg substitutes help!

noname I don't know if I answered this ... the egg substitute did work as far as not burping goes but I realized that day that I really don't like eggs anymore. The taste and smell just aren't for me anymore :)

Sum38
05-29-2014, 08:51 AM
I have meant to fast so many times this week and something has come up each day :o No more excuses...today is the day! :D I am armed with water and green tea.

Rennie I saw at MFP that you lost 3 pounds :woohoo: So happy for you!!! :carrot: That must be a great motivator for you to stay OP today.

nonameslob are you close to 197 yet? Rooting for you!!!

nonameslob
05-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Rennie, how did you manage yesterday? 3 pounds is wonderful!

Sum, good to see you around again! I'm fasting today, too :D Having my coffee right now then water until dinnertime...No excuses!

Not at 197 yet! I thought I would see a loss this morning, but I'm just back down to last week's low (198.2). Should be in the 197s after today's fast :)

love2b150
05-29-2014, 09:46 AM
You can do it! You will feel so amazing when you wake up tomorrow when you succeed today! :cheer3:

:hug: noname thank you :)

I have meant to fast so many times this week and something has come up each day :o No more excuses...today is the day! :D I am armed with water and green tea.

Rennie I saw at MFP that you lost 3 pounds :woohoo: So happy for you!!! :carrot: That must be a great motivator for you to stay OP today.

nonameslob are you close to 197 yet? Rooting for you!!!

Sum yes today is your day :) I drank a ton of green tea yesterday and I got all of my water in also :) Thank you Sum :hug: yes it is a great motivator. Surprisingly I'm not hungry this morning. So I'm waiting to eat. I hope I'm not setting myself up for a pitfall later today :crossed:

Rennie, how did you manage yesterday? 3 pounds is wonderful!

Sum, good to see you around again! I'm fasting today, too :D Having my coffee right now then water until dinnertime...No excuses!

Not at 197 yet! I thought I would see a loss this morning, but I'm just back down to last week's low (198.2). Should be in the 197s after today's fast :)

Thanks noname I managed well. I didn't want to eat until 4:30 but I ate some grapefruit at around 4:13 then I ate my dinner at 4:33 and when we got home from church I ate a yogurt, with cool whip, more green tea and water. Felt good to be in control for once. :) Here's to great fast day for all and great numbers tomorrow :crossed:

... I'm not fasting today but my calories aren't all that high either however it's still a lot of food in my opinion :) and all healthy for a change :)

I WILL STICK TO PLAN :dust:

05/01 ~ 159.8

05/26 ~ 168.0 (+2.0)
05/27 ~ 166.6 (-1.4)
05/28 ~ 167.8 (+1.2)
05/29 ~ 164.8 (-3.0) some bloat gone, only .4 from ticker and .2 under 165 ... yesterday was a good day.

Sum38
05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
I think I ate 2100-2500 calories yesterday, I loosely counted them over at MFP, it could have been even more :dunno: -- I feel full after my binge day and almost "hungover", if you know what I mean?

So I haven't had anything to eat yet, I am hardly wasting away ;) I will go as late as I can without eating, and perhaps just have a late lunch today.

Today is my baby's last day of high school :cry: -- I was thinking when I was his age, I was so ready for the world. I had a full time job, my own apartment and I paid all my own bills and expenses. -- My baby is leaving for college in the fall, but will be financially depend on us for years to come. -- I wish I had that when I was his age. I worked and went to college at the same time; no time for fun and the college experience. I think he realizes how lucky he is, his BF (best friend) has to pay everything himself; loans and lots of them. They will be rooming together.

I feel melancholy...lol I feel O-L-D! Eventhough I had my kids relatively young ;)

Well baby boy is staying at home for the summer, I guess I will spoil him rotten :lol3:

nonameslob
05-29-2014, 10:27 AM
:dust: for everyone!

Sum, congratulations to your son on soon graduating! He really is lucky. My parents did similar for me. They both worked very hard through college and wanted my brother and I to have a "typical" college experience, living away from home and being able to enjoy our time there. I still have quite a bit of loans, but much less than I would have without their financial support, and I really had a great experience. I'm sure he appreciates all you're doing for him!

Speaking of, my 10 year high school graduation anniversary is next Thursday! I know, I am the baby here, but it still feels like yesterday.

I'm hoping that I can be really good over the weekend (no huge binges, limited booze, lots of gym time!) so that I can make more progress than usual. I'd really like the 190s to just fly by. My goal for the year is to get to 179. Really, it would be great to reach that goal by November so that I'm not struggling through the holidays! I gained last year Nov-Dec, even doing 5:2. But I will have a better handle on it this year. Plus, I think we are having our high school reunion over Thanksgiving, so would be good to be ahead of the game for that ;)

Sum38
05-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Awww nonameslob, you are our baby!! Rennie and I will spoil you rotten!! Are you married or dating anyone seriously? Is there a get together for the 10 year anniversary?

Secret... I feel very young :) I am having a really hard time understanding that I am 40 something... I know I am not 20 anymore, but I think I am 30 something. I love life, I have an immature sense of humor :lol3: ( I still think fart cushions are hilarious, hah) I dress really nice, trying to dress "close" to my age, but never boring. I play with my hair all the time; right now it is strawberry blonde. But it changes...next week I may be platinum blonde or firetruck red, ha. -- This is funny... last year someone had told my son...oh the hot mom is your mom :D :D :D

love2b150
05-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Sum so this is where I got that mindset from, I heard you say it before :hug: I haven't had anything to eat yet, I am hardly wasting away I will go as late as I can without eating, and perhaps just have a late lunch today. What a great milestone for your baby :) He'll be close right? a couple hours drive?

noname that is my goal to be well into the 150's for the holidays or almost out of them so I have some wiggle room :) We can do it :)

nonameslob
05-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Sum, you should feel young! And whoa that comment must have felt good! I think you look wonderful and no way would I have guessed you have a son graduating from high school!

I've been dating my boyfriend for over 3 years and we've lived together for about two years now. Kids and marriage are in the far off future. Just enjoying my 20s, especially now that I have energy :D I'd love to be at my final goal weight before I turn 30 (I'm 27 now). I think the get-together for our 10 year is over the Thanksgiving holiday (late Nov. in the US).

love2b150
05-29-2014, 11:12 AM
noname yes we will :)

Sum, I like your secret ;). I surely don't feel 48. I'm not sure how old I feel. I do feel younger and younger with the more weight I lose. I would love to dress better, I just don't have the money to do so right now. My daughter helps me pick out clothes when I do buy them and my husband likes the more sexy show your curves clothing. I'm starting to look like the girl he had a crush on in school ;). Oh and since my daughter finally gave me the stacked cut that I wanted, I play with my hair often also :D Can't wait to hear hot mom from someone (I'd be grinning from ear to ear) Sum, YOU GO GIRL :)

love2b150
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
noname, I got married (the first time) two months before I turned 24 and had my daughter two months before I turned 27. My daughter 21 and her husband 20 will be married 2 years in June. They want children but I want them to live and enjoy life first, get established. I love that you are wanting to enjoy life first, makes me smile :hug:

Sum38
05-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Me too Rennie. We had kids at 27 and 29. Take your time noname. I thought I would be free at the age of 47, but it is not working out that way ;) DD still wants to live at home. -- I thought both of the kids would be on their own and I would be traveling the world. LOL... life always trows curve balls at you. So I hope I can be traveling the world by the time I am 50 :D

love2b150
05-29-2014, 11:53 AM
I have to laugh Sum, we won't be home free until until 2022 when Rissa goes to college, prayerfully right after high school. Two of the boys will go to college in 2016 and 2017. The one that graduates in 2020 says he's not going to college, we shall see :) So I'll be 56 before I can even think about traveling the world ;)

Sum38
05-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Yesterday, I went on a friend's boat for the afternoon and that was great. It took me away from home and away from the pantry and fridge. I did have a tiny bit of margarita though. About an inch worth of the cup. I don't know how many calories that set me back... I think I managed to stay at 600-800 calorie range for the day. Plus the time spent with friends was priceless.

Today I am allowing 1200 calories, not the usual 1600 I eat on Fridays, because I only fasted one day this week... I may skip the splurge day this week as well.

I just noticed that I have lost 4.4 pounds since starting 5:2 plan on May 13th... only in 2 1/2 weeks. I think I have finally found something that works! The upswings have not been too bad either, except after last Saturday's splurge day and ovulation time.

About the splurge days, I really don't think I can handle them :no: But I think I told you that already. I need to incorporate a few higher calorie days, around 1500-1600 calories that I can maintain my vigorous exercise regimen. I easily burn 1300-1500 calories on those days and I don't want to start feeling weak.

Plan for today
Bfast -- eggs
Lunch -- fruit protein smoothie
Dinner -- Porkchops, salad and fruit
Snacks -- TBD

Weight 141.4
Down 1 lbs

love2b150
05-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Yesterday was another success even after eating spinach artichoke dip (no chips) that my SIL showed up with. I am down 1.6 to 163.2. Today will be a low day since yesterday was high. I think I'm gonna do 4:3 until I can get back to the gym.

love2b150
05-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Yay Sum, I love your plan :) good job on the pound :high:

nonameslob
05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
I'd like to see 197 this week to make it 35 pounds lost!

Forget that, I made it down to 196.4 :D

I am certainly happy to take my time, though I wish I had more money for travel. We keep it mostly local right now, definitely no international travel. Our big vacation this year is to Colorado (where we plan to relocate in a year) and I'm very excited for that!

Sum, a great loss for 2.5 weeks, really! So wonderful that you are still able to enjoy time with friends even without as much food.

Rennie, oh yummm!!! I don't know how you managed that without chips but good for you! Hope 4:3 goes better for you this week than the last one.

I fasted Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday and today no breakfast, smoothie lunch. Wednesday's dinner was light, but today's dinner will be out with friends, but I think skipping breakfast affords me that as it's definitely assisted my weight loss these last two weeks!

Sum38
05-30-2014, 11:06 AM
LOL Rennie; I am going to a get together tonight and one of the ladies makes this awesome spinach-artichoke dip and I am FEARING that she will bring it!! I can not resist it.

Sum38
05-30-2014, 11:08 AM
nonameslob OMG I am so happy for you!!!! That was an awesome weigh-in. You kicked some butt!

Guess what... Us too want to relocate to Denver area! In a year!! We sold our house because we really want to be out of MI and the mountains are calling for us. -- So you can have me as your surrogate mom over there :love:

We just visited Evergreen in CO this February. We too day trips to surrounding ski resorts, Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone etc...

nonameslob
05-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Sum38 that is awesome! We'll be going to Denver and Boulder (I'm leaning towards moving to Boulder, but depends where we get jobs) and then camping in Rocky Mountain National Park for a few days.

We'll have to keep touch on this as time goes on. :) Are you living in a rental for the time being since you already sold your house?

They say Colorado is one of the healthiest states...one of the reasons why I want to drop this weight before I move there!

Sum38
05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes, we rented a house. I think our lease is up in March, so we really need to start thinking about the move soon.

My DH travels for work, so as long as he is near an airport we are golden. We can live anywhere in US.

The healthy lifestyle is one of the reasons why we would like to end up in CO. I can't wait to do real hikes and bike rides. -- I have my little woods over here in MI where I do my daily walks but having real woods/mountains would be just awesome.

Both hubby and I are very outdoorsy people.

Plus the weather is incredible over there, over 300 days of sun each year and actually not that much snow. But snow could be close by too. Our family loves to ski and snowboard.

nonameslob
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Almost the exact reasons we want to move there. The weather, the hiking!!!!, bike-friendly cities.... I'm not much into skiing, but I do want to take up snow-shoeing and maybe try cross-country skiing. The lifestyle. Ahh.

love2b150
05-30-2014, 11:26 PM
noname nice weigh in, GO YOU :high:

Sum I hope you have time to read this wish I had posted it earlier ... ONLY ONE MORE DAY IN THE MONTH ... resist the dip and all off plan foods :hug:

Don't know much about Colorado, though I do have a good friend in Colorado Springs so I may get to visit her and you all too in a couple of years :) Not sure of distance.

I made it to the gym thanks to my son, hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow for me and everyone here :crossed:

Sum38
05-31-2014, 08:26 AM
I had a whoosh :dance: Just in time for the May's final weigh in. May brought me 5.4 pound loss. I bounced up a bit in May, my total IF loss came to 6.6 pounds. Woot! I am VERY excited today. :woohoo: I wanted to see 139.x, and I saw 138.6! :yay:

I have high hopes for this 5:2 plan. It really seems to work and well.

Today is supposed to be my splurge day, maybe I will have a splurge meal... I am too afraid to go all out. I could not get OP after last week's splurge day.

Plus, now I am greedy and want to see even lower number for official start of June's weigh in :lol:

I hope I will love another 4/5 pounds in June. 4 is probably more realistic since now I have no bloat to lose just fat :yikes: That feels good to say. I feel like I am constantly losing the bloat.

I try to keep my calories under 1900 for today. Take a walk and swim. If I get really motivated, I will do another session of power walking on the treadmill.

Sending :dust: to all!!

nonameslob
05-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Rennie, how was the weigh in? Great that you got to the gym! I believe colorado spring s is only about an hour south of denver.

Sum, rock on! Great job this month! I hope you continue to do well this weekend.

I had my smoothie for lunch yesterday but was so hungry by the time I got home I had a small snack, then went out to eat with a friend. Ate my whole plate of fish and chips, had a few beers, but managed to resist snacking on my friends appetizer.

I wish I could convince her to try 5:2. She is struggling to lose weight, and really wants to drops some pounds before she can get pregnant. I also think she might benefit from a ketogenic diet (high fat low carbs), since she has PCOS, but weight loss is such a difficult topic, even with my closest friend. I hope I didn't come across as bragging last night. Hopefully she saw me and was inspired that she can do it too?

Anyway, gonna try to eat lighter today and going on a bike ride with friends later. Have a great weekend everyone!

love2b150
05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Sum :congrat: on your 5.4lbs for May GONE :woohoo: I'm so happy for you :hug: I think this way of eating works for me also especially with being able to be accountable to someone (YOU) all day. I think the bulk of my problem is being in this house. When I finally get to working again and I have to take my meals with me I do a lot better because I don't like spending money on food to eat alone :) Thanks for the :dust: I'm sending it out to all of us also :dust:

Thanks noname :) so many of my friends are now on a WL journey. They would always tell me I looked good (when I was doing right) and ask me what I was doing but as soon as you tell someone that you gave up, bread, flour, baked goods, potatoes and pasta they cringe. But that is how I started out. I had to fully detox and I did it with the help of my church. I don't look at it as bragging. I look at it as sharing how I am making changes to better my health and self and so can they. Hopefully some of what you said will stick in her mind and she'll try it. I'll admit it is scary to give up so much it feels like you are taking all of the good away when it's actually bad when you record it all on paper which is also what I did before I started using MFP. Pen, paper, labels and a calorie counter book. ok I'm done ... that's good to know about Colorado Springs thanks :) ok on to my weigh in ...

... thank goodness for treadmills and 8 full hours of sleep. :carrot: for me!!! Y'all know I started May 1 @ 159.8. I had a really rough time staying OP this month but thanks to a few tips from some really good friends here and on MFP I got it together these last few days. It was really water weight with all of the ups and downs. I am ending today May 31 at 160.6 only a .8 gain for the month and my fbs this morning was 98. I have not seen it that low EVER. (actually I did when I was on insulin while pregnant with the last two children) but not after being diagnosed with type II in 2011. What a blessing. I am very very happy. I am going to the gym with my son when my gym clothes dry. I sweat so much it looks like I have wet myself so I wear all black. :)

Sum38
05-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Okee, I definitely decided against the splurge day. Eating 1200-1400 (more likely high end of the range). -- I guess I am not mentally ready to splurge yet.

love2b150
05-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Good call Sum :)

Sum38
06-01-2014, 07:26 AM
I am glad I did not splurge, I pulled off, by some miracle a 3.2 pound loss. I am at my new low weight! :woohoo: I exercised a lot yesterday and took over 25000 steps, I think that had to do something with it, plus I did drink all my water.

Today is a fast day. I can't keep my calories at 500, I always end up at 600+, but like today I am having salmon, which I think has "good" calories in it, so I am not too worried about it.

I am just really thrilled how this plan is working out for me! I hope it keeps working :D
B- Some eggs
L - None
D - Salmon, rice and veggie
620 cals

Weight 135.4
Loss of 3.2 pounds :goodscale

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning ladies! How was the weekend?

Sum, congrats on the weight loss and being at your new low! So exciting!

Rennie, what is FBS? I've heard of 5:2 doing amazing things for people with diabetes, I hope it continues to help you and maybe this month you'll see your weight come down too :D Funny about wearing all black to the gym - I will only ever wear black pants to work out for the same reason. Shirts aren't as bad, though, because I get that fancy wicking material that doesn't seem to show sweat too much.

I ate quite well this weekend, but didn't completely overdo it. Had my fair share of drinks as well, but I think by and large this weekend was much better than my usual blow-out weekends. I'm fasting today, Wednesday and maybe Friday, and Tues/Thurs I will do no breakfast, just a smoothie for lunch and then normal dinner. That's the plan at least!

Sum38
06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Yesterday was good, fasted. Scale went up a bit after that huge drop on Sunday morning. -- I drank a ton of water right before bed time, so maybe it was still some water weight.

Back to a normal eating today :) These fast days are becoming easier and easier. :yay:

So I made a goal to drop 4.4 pounds this month; it maybe a bit lofty goal, but all I can do is try :D That would bring me down to 131....flirting with the 120's. That thought makes me feel giddy!! I will be happy even if I were to drop 2 pounds.

My arms are starting to "come out". I can finally start seeing some muscle definition. They have been fat for so long. -- I have been working out over a year now, with weights, and it is finally starting to pay off. I knew I wanted to sculpt my body underneath the fat, even though no progress could be seen because of the extra weight I was carrying... I just wanted to make sure once that extra weight left, I was not left with a flabby but skinny body. I am hoping to be left skinny and "toned" bod :lol3: -- Yeah, like that is going to happen at the age of 46 :D But in all seriousness, I want to look as good as I possibly can.

Today is my hospital volunteer day. I need to eat my lunch early, hopefully I will get my dinner in early as well and then the gym.

Sum38
06-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Funny ladies... The last two times I have worn cotton t-shirts to the gym and after my grueling session on the treadmill, I looked like I was caught in a rain shower :D I made a not to myself to start wearing those moisture wicking shirts.

nonameslob Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! How did your weight reflect the drinks? Or do you only weigh in once per week?

Rennie I hope you saw 15x.x this morning!!!

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Sum I'm sure you can have that toned body you want, regardless of your age. If you work for it you will get it! And wow, 120s! You are getting quite near to your goal weight. I hope June is as good to you as May was :D

I sometimes weigh on Monday mornings to see the damage I have done lol but I didn't have a BM this morning so I reallllly didn't want to see the number. I'll weigh tomorrow morning after fasting today. I'm sure I went up a good 3-4 pounds, which is normal for me on the weekends and then it comes right back off and then some with fasting.

I am taking a break from 5:2 during my vacation this month, so I'm trying to be really good these next two weeks. I'm hoping I can manage to maintain my weight during vacation and intend to continue the break for the week after vacation, but we'll see how it goes. I might decide I'm better off going right back to it. I'd like to be 195 or less by the time I step on that plane!

Sum38
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Where are you going for a vacation?

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Colorado :P

Sum38
06-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Oh that is right! I knew after I typed it :D

Sum38
06-02-2014, 10:37 AM
We just formalized our Colorado plans! Now pretty soon I need to start looking for housing.

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I knew you would remember.

And that's fantastic! So does that mean you know when you're moving? What about jobs? So exciting!

Sum38
06-02-2014, 11:17 AM
My husband has a job where he travels 100%, as long as he is kinda near an airport, he is good. And I only do volunteer work (a lot:)), but that can be found anywhere.

You will be doing so many outdoorsy things in CO that you won't gain anything!!

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Oh wow, that is awesome! The job part is what worries me most about the move, but it sounds like that won't be a concern for you at all :) If you find yourself involved in any interesting non-profits when you move there, I might ask you to pass along a resume LOL (I work in the non-profit sector, fundraising).

Are your kids still in school? How will they do with a move like that?

And I think you're right about vacation. I'm trying not to worry about it. The diet break is also supposed to help re-set the metabolism after periods of weight loss, so after the break it should actually help me continue to lose, so there's that to look forward to as well.

Sum38
06-02-2014, 11:25 AM
My kids are in college (son starts this fall). Son will prolly follow us to Colorado, because he really likes it there. He will be a med student, and CO has a few nice med schools. DD is 20 and she is a college student as well. She is thinking about moving to Carolina's with her BF.... So they are taking it well. We won't leave until March/April time line, maybe even a bit later.

Hah, I would definitely pass along your resume :D

nonameslob
06-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Planning my menu for the week. Hope you don't mind if I post it here to keep me in check! This is as far as I dare plan out, but I do have some things for breakfast for the weekend. I need to figure out some good options to keep in the house for lunch on the weekend so we're not tempted to eat out and I'll probably pick up something to grill over the weekend for dinner. Going to the grocery store tonight hence having this all planned...

Monday: (Fast day) Dinner - Chicken Cesar Salad
Tuesday: Lunch - Spinach & berry smoothie, Dinner - Turkey tacos with black beans or refried beans
Wednesday: (Fast day) Dinner - Chicken Cesar Salad
Thursday: Lunch - Spinach & berry smoothie, Dinner - Turkey mushroom burgers with baked sweet potato fries
Friday: Lunch - Spinach & berry smoothie, Dinner - wedding reception!

Seems much easier to plan now that I'm not planning my breakfasts!

love2b150
06-02-2014, 01:32 PM
chatty Ladies today :D

Sum :congrat: on the new low, nice whoosh :carrot:, WAY TO GO :high: ... it is the water at night. I learned that the hard way, makes me angry when that happens, but you know it will go away. I'm gonna try for your 4.4lb and like you 2lbs will make me happy at long as I can stay in the 150's for the month I'll be happy :) YAY for toned body's ... I'm happy for you :) Sum, LOL we went to the pool yesterday and when I got out I put my cover up on and my son said Mommy looks like you're lactating it was wet at the boob area and the bottom of course :D Have a great day hope you get most of the directory done :)

noname, FBS is fasting blood sugar. Yeah, LOL on the sweat oh my goodness it looks so gross. I wear 3 layers to the gym. I think it helps me sweat more because sometimes it feels like the air is on in the gym which I hate. I don't want to be cool, just comfortable. YAY for a great OP weekend, even if it wasn't perfect like you said it was better than before and that's what counts, nice NSV (non scale victory) :high: When do you leave for Colorado? I love your way of eating, skipping breakfast some day, post away. noname I think your non fast days are like my non fast days calorie wise, so I don't feel so bad. I thought I was eating too low. Hopefully not because I don't want to eat anymore.

... I did see 158.6 this morning a new low for me. I need to look up those shirts you all talk about for sweat. I also wear a belt around my waist that helps me sweat. My belly looks terrible, there is so much loose skin. It looks better than it did but it will never be good without surgery which I will never do. I'll just hide it. You can tell in my clothes.

nonameslob
06-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Sum, that's really perfect that your kids and you are in such a good place in life to make a decision to move :) So exciting!

Rennie, I guess I'm not up with the diabetes lingo, but that sounds wonderful that your sugar levels would be so low :) Congrats on your new low, that's awesome! As for exercise shirts, if you have a Target near by, I suggest the C9 line by Champion. Cheap but really nice exercise clothes and you will really feel better exercising in something that doesn't hold onto all the sweat. At least I do! You certainly shouldn't feel bad about how you eat on your non-fast days. If you're losing, and you don't feel hungry constantly, sounds like it's working for you :)

Stepped on the scale this morning after yesterday's fast and I'm back at 196.4 (my low weight last week). That's good, especially since I didn't have a BM (again! my only complaint about 5:2!), so I can definitely expect a loss after my second fast Thursday and a BM :P

Yesterday was my most difficult fast in a very long time. I was exhausted all day, and really hungry. After my evening meal I was only satiated for about an hour before I was hungry again. I somehow managed to stave off the hunger without eating anything else (did have some tea with a bit of honey), but I was also lightheaded. Ugh. Today's a new day, and hopefully the next fast won't suck as much lol

Sum38
06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
nonameslob Yay for being back on your low weight, it will be even lower by Friday :yay:

I love seeing what people eat, I think I will start posting my meals daily; it truly keeps me accountable too.

Rennie Target has some cheap moisture wicking shirts, they truly are nice!

Sum38
06-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Well I pigged out last night. I came home from the volunteer gig and I was STARVING. Maybe because the day before I fasted. So I ate a lot of calories....1700 which is a lot for me. I did not workout either. I was too lazy/tired. I did not sleep well and I fell asleep around 6 pm and then my DH skyped me and I just got too comfortable and did not feel like going to the gym.

Today I am aiming for 1100-1200 calories.... I gained 3 pounds yesterday, ugh. I know it is water and I stayed below 140 which in turn was fantastic. But I did see that 135.x and I want to get there again :D Prolly not by tomorrow but maybe after Wednesday which is my 2nd fast day for the week.

Today's plan;
B -- Eggs, tomato, eggplant, EVOO
L -- Pineapple chili :drool:
S -- Yogurt, apple and popsicle
D -- Tuna, brownrice/quinoa blend and asparagus
Total cals 1135

Weight 139.2
Up 3 pounds

love2b150
06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks noname :), I will definitely check out Target when I get a few dollars to spare. My main issue is my lower area though. But that could be that the sweat goes down, idk. I sweat like a pig, my husband even says wow when I'm done. Our oldest son sweats like me and I look at him and say eww ;) Thanks for the comment on non fast day eating. I do think that it may be hindering me though. I'm gonna try to eat higher calories today. Though it's 1:30 and all I have had is a Reese's cup that my SIL left here. I got light headed yesterday a lot, so it was the lack of calories probably huh? I'm glad we have this thread, that is good to hear you say. Good job on not eating again and just having tea. When I have had the tea with honey in the place of food, my stomach gets a little queezy and I feel nauseous. We'll get this figured out with the help of one another :)

Thanks Sum, I'm gonna check Target out when I have some extra money :) Does the chili have pineapple in it? Sounds interesting. :)

I'm up .6 to 159.2 not happy but I didn't eat well yesterday so ...

nonameslob
06-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm feeling unusually weak today and still quite tired. My workout was awful. I'm wondering if I should move tomorrows fast to Thursday? If I do I have to get off my tired butt and make my smoothie tonight. Sigh. What do you ladies think? No clue if it is related to 5:2. I ate very well at dinner and still feel off.

Rennie, sorry you were feeling lightheaded too. Any better now?

I'm also curious about the pineapple chili...

Sum38
06-03-2014, 09:32 PM
1 Package - 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey (2 pounds) _ Iuse 1 lb white and 1 lb dark turkey meat
1 can - Kidney beans (do not drain liquid)
12 oz. - Any tomato sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 jar - Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Smooth Pineapple Chile Salsa
5-16 oz. - Crushed Pineapple (I use Dole crushed pineapple in juice)
Chili Powder (as much or as little as suits your taste)
Diced Onions
Corn

Directions
- Brown the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Top with low fat sharp cheddar or fat free sour cream, if it suits you.

Tip: This dish tends to have a little kick to it due to the Pineapple Chile Salsa, so if you prefer something a little less spicy, I recommend skipping the extra chili powder.

Sum38
06-03-2014, 09:32 PM
The chili is less than 200 calories per serving and really yummy.

love2b150
06-03-2014, 09:41 PM
noname I've been tired here lately also. It was better today. Thanks for asking. I think it is the low calorie thing that I had done back to back. Sum told me when I asked once that she didn't think it was wise and she's right it isn't. I want to make a smoothie myself. I will probably have one tomorrow as it will be a fast day.

I made it to the gym 4.56 miles at 3.7-3.9 mph on incline intervals 4.0-6.0. Not as high as normal but I didn't want to push it. I was good until I got in the shower then I was wishing someone could wash me I was so so tired but I'm good now :)

Calories 1358
Carbs 124
Protein 64

B ~ none
S ~ Reese's pb cup (1 snack size)
L ~ L/C tortilla with gyro meat and sour cream
S ~ Special K protein cereal dry
D ~ s/f Healthy Life w/w bread with natural peanut butter, and a tbl of strawberry jelly

Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow :crossed: I weighed 161 tonight.

love2b150
06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Sum how much is a serving? I hate pineapple because it's so sweet but I may give this a shot. I wish we lived close I'd love to try some of your dishes :) and I love spicy, my oldest son and I tear it up, all the time wiping our noses :)

nonameslob
06-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm going to skip making the smoothie as I'm headed to bed and can't be bothered. Glad to see you replied though. I will see how I feel in the morning, and if I still feel crummy by lunchtime I'll just go to the store and grab something reasonable for lunch like a frozen meal and have a normal dinner.

I've always been prone to dizzy spells and weakness now and then for no noticeable reason so it's just hard to know if it's related to how I'm eating or seething else.

That chili sounds good. I'll save the recipe for the fall though. It's too hot for chili!

nonameslob
06-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Still feeling a bit off today. That combined with some scheduling issues, I'm going to eat normally today and fast tomorrow. It's must easier to fast when the bf won't be home for dinner because I can get more creative with my meals lol Turkey mushroom burgers tonight!

Hmm...what to get for lunch from the Supermarket? I'm not hungry (yet...it's not even 10am) but feeling like I should eat since I'm still getting dizzy.

Sum38
06-04-2014, 09:56 AM
The recipe makes 5-6 servings...about 1 -1 1/2 cups is a serving size.

Sum38
06-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Back down today. :dizzy: My weight is like a ping pong. Up and down. This week though, is the first week that I have not bounced above 140 :dance: Maybe those 140's are behind me for good :crossed:

Today is my 2nd fast day for the week. And of course I woke up starving. I only ate 1135 calories yesterday and exercised a LOT. I think my late night walk, which curbed my evening appetite, brought on the monster hunger this morning. I stuck to my plan though!!!! Now I am armed with green tea and lots of water to last till dinner. Wish me luck and send me dome dust :lol:

I don't know if I should exercise today, plan is to get 2 walks and a swimming session in. When I exercise it takes my hunger away for 12 hours...maybe I will hit the gym after all...hmmm

Today
B - Eggplant, tomato, egg and evoo
L - Fast
D - South Beach calofornia wraps (4)
S - Fast
Cals 567

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk
4.9 mile treadmill
Swim 45 min

Weight 135.6
Down 3.6 lbs :goodscale

love2b150
06-04-2014, 10:34 AM
noname, I hope you feel better soon. That's not good. Have you googled dizziness and low carb? dizziness and high protein? IDK something. You don't want to be out and pass out. Please take care of yourself :hug: I'm about to go eat something also. I think a fajita with chicken, cheese, black beans, salsa and sour cream on a low carb tortilla. I need to go add it up on MFP I wanted today to be a fast day. But I'd like to eat earlier since I have church tonight. We shall see :) Feel better, let us know how you feel after you eat please :)

Thanks Sum, that's a nice size serving. I can do that :D YAY on staying in the 130's. I'm so happy for you :) My evening walks help curb my hunger also. Here's :dust: for YOU :hug:

I am down .8 which is actually .2 since I was up yesterday. My weigh in this morning was 158.4

nonameslob
06-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Rennie, Yay for being down .2! I don't think I'm high protein or low carb? I'll see how I feel later. Two days of normal eating in a row should get me back on track if it's related.

Sum , sounds like a good plan for the day :) Hope you manage to make it through to dinner. It sucks waking up hungry on a fast day.

love2b150
06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks noname :) humm ok ... have you decided on what you'll have for lunch?

nonameslob
06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Nope, no clue! Any suggestions? I'll be heading to the store around noon. Has to be ready made or microwaveable.

love2b150
06-04-2014, 11:15 AM
idk, do you eat or like the frozen meals? I like the healthy choice and smart ones better than the lean cuisine meals. The sodium is a killer but they are filling so that and some melon maybe. Or a salad, with some protein and a fruit. Ha I'm giving you suggestions and I still need to get my butt in the kitchen to eat :)

nonameslob
06-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestions :) I ended up leaving work around noon. The tiredness and lightheadedness was not making me very efficient. I made myself a nice big hearty healthy lunch and took a nap. I definitely ended up overeating yesterday, thinking that maybe my lack of food was causing me to not feel well but I didn't notice a change at all. So, I'm fasting today and hopefully I didn't go too far off the rails yesterday!

Are either of you fasting today as well?

Hope your weeks are going well! It's Thursday already!!! I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, and honestly, the only reason I'm looking forward to it is to take an "after" photo in my dress. I have a good (horrible) "before" photo and I can't wait to compare the two :D

Sum38
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
nonameslob Maybe you are sick? -- I hope you are feeling better by now. -- My DH and DS were sick this week.

Sum38
06-05-2014, 05:55 PM
My fast day turned into a feast day, or feast night. I totally lost it, I even had icecream :o And too many items to count. I did not log my extra food into MFP :no:

Today has been an okay day, not a great one. I met a girlfriend for lunch and I had a salad but it was dripping with dressing; once again I forgot to ask it on a side. I also had this awesome cheesy onion soup...mega calories there.

BUT I have been getting my water in! :yay: I am on a mission to improve my water intake! I must start drinking 80-100 oz of that stuff, no more excuses.

I won't log my food today.

Scale jumped 2 pounds. I hope it won't jump any more after my lunch today which was prolly really sodium rich. I would hate to see 140 again. I have stayed below it all week, which has been awesome and a first for me.

Wonder how much the water will add to my weight as well? -- I know body will hang onto it at first until it gets used to the fact that it keeps getting it.

What's your opinion on multivitamins? I know there is a lot of talk for them and against them? -- I am thinking about to start taking one of them again.

love2b150
06-05-2014, 11:07 PM
noname I had an off point day today. I ate a bunch of nothing because I wanted it. I will definitely have a fast/low cal day tomorrow since I had 1928 calories today and 268 carbs, ouch. The scale was already up 1.2 to 159.6 and I know it won't be lower tomorrow. Sorry you weren't feeling well but I do think it's too low carbs for too many days because it happened to me and I just brushed it off. I'm currently unemployed so being home and lightheaded is nothing like having to work and feel that way ... I'm sorry had to experience that :hug: I hope we get to see the photo.

Sum I hope your husband and son are feeling better as we speak :hug: Me too on the scale jump, I really don't want to see the 160's again :( On your recommendation due to low calories some days, I take a multivitamin when I remember to ;)

... cup cake, apple pie, fudge cake, fries, fried shrimp and peanut butter all heavy heavy heavy ... I plan to have an OP day tomorrow :crossed:

nonameslob
06-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks both of you! I am feeling much better now :) Lots of theories about why I felt that way, but no clue what it really was. Oh well!

Sum, sounds like you had a yummy day :) I'm sure with a fast day everything will balance out, even the water. As far as multivitamins, I try to take one on feast days. I have heard that you absolutely need to take them with food or you won't see any benefit. But I am actually going to stop taking them after I run out of this bottle as I'm not sure it's really necessary for me. *shrug* Seems like there's as much research saying how helpful they are as there is research saying they are pointless! Hope the family is feeling better now.

Rennie I'm sure your fast day today will get you back on track! That's the great thing about this plan. The scale may come up but it always goes back down.

I'm down .2 for the week. Not much, but I wasn't well and I ate quite a lot on Wednesday because of it... Hopefully next week I'll see a better loss.

Sum38
06-06-2014, 01:08 PM
I am glad you are feeling better, nonameslob!!

OMG, Rennie those treats sound so heavenly! But time to get back OP :frypan:

Sum38
06-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I have had a few "off" days now. I really did not eat "that much" yesterday...but I think a lot of salty stuff. I also upped my water intake, once again... scale jumped 4.6 pounds. I am always all over the place. :dizzy:

I am fasting today!! Since Wednesday turned into a splurge day. I don't want to repeat last week, where I only fasted 1 x. -- I actually had to drive my DD to her BF's house early this morning, and just had decaf coffee with cream, no bfast. It is past lunch time and I think I will skip lunch as well and just have a nice big salmon salad for dinner.

I did not workout yesterday, so I will definitely hit the gym today. I think I will walk on treadmill and lift weights, no swim today. Later on tonight, I am hoping to take an evening walk with DH and pup. We'll see how bad the mosquitoes are if my DH wants to venture into the woods... :dunno:

The water is starting to come out today. I hope I held onto 4 pounds of worth of it yesterday and I will see a nice weigh in tomorrow. -- Hate these fluctuations. I am so sensitive.... I guess they would not bug me as much if I was at goal, but now I just want to see losses each day :lol: I know I am greedy!!! :D :D

We are supposed to have a gorgeous weekend. My Godson's grad party is on Saturday. They live about an hour away from us. What are your plans ladies?

Plan for today --

B - Fast (Coffee w/1/2&1/2)
L - Fast
D - Salmon w/big salad and lots of veggies
S - Fast
Cals 500

Weight 142.6
Up 4.6 pounds :cry:

love2b150
06-06-2014, 10:47 PM
noname, I'm glad you are feeling better. :) I do like knowing that if I have an unplanned high high day, with a disciplined low day that scale number will come down :) I'm hoping for a better week next week also :)

LOL Sum :), I tried today for sure. :) Ha you're not by yourself on wanting to see losses each day. Me too ... even though I certainly don't deserve it some days :) but when I hit that treadmill I expect to be rewarded every time regardless of what I ate, now that's greedy ;)

I did fast until mid afternoon then I ate two fiber one bars. Trying both one lemon and one strudel. It amazes me even when I eat the fudge brownie one I can eat one and be done. But after that I ate some watermelon which isn't bad until you add the carbs in :dizzy: I then made a pizza for the kids and ate a forth of that then a grapefruit. Total calories 878 but the carbs are 157, ouch. The carbs are what scares me :( I went to the gym and did 3 miles with a burn of 403. Like you Sum I am so hoping that the scale is nice to me in the morning :crossed:

love2b150
06-07-2014, 07:48 PM
OK today was a good low day for the first time in a long time. I'm happy with me today. Onto tomorrow :)

Sum38
06-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I fasted Thursday quite successfully, but Friday and Saturday I totally lost it...I am fasting again today, hoping to cut this cycle. I think I am PMS:ing. My PMS seems to be a week long ordeal nowadays :cry: It used to last a day...

Weight is up as well, ugh. Need to catch myself before this turns into a slippery slope.

On a positive note, I fit into size 4 skirt yesterday...it was a LARGE cut skirt, but still ;) I have another stretchy dress that is size 4 and it fits. Some other 4 I can zip up but they don't "fit" and some others just laugh at my face and say...who are you kidding lady?? I think I am 6/8 right now, comfortably. Some 6's are still on a tighter side. I want to fit into those by the end of this month. (Not if I keep splurging :mad:)

I upped my water intake. I was drinking 100oz, but Rennie pointed it out that maybe it was a bit too much so I scaled back to 80oz for the day. I fill this 80 oz pitcher in the morning and keep drinking it all day long, works really well. I can see the progress I am making throughout the day. I am kinda of a geek that way... :dizzy:

I fit, well, into the dress I wanted to wear my son's graduation, and that makes me happy. We will take some pictures and maybe I will turn one into my profile picture. It is all lace covered, I will wear it with aqua colored belt, shoes and necklace to add little something to the outfit. The dress is size 6.

I can hardly believe that I am really size 6, it was such a dream for the longest time....

On a sad note, I took a really hard and long look at my body; I still have a LONG way to go. I am a VERY petite built and small boned. I think my original goal 122-125 won't do the trick; I have to go lower. -- DH agrees. I think I may need to shoot for 114-117. I think I would look the best at size 2/4. So that kinda bummed me out. I have some far, but have a long way to go. -- I think that contributed to my over eating episode this week...felt kinda defeated.

But back on that wagon.

I took yesterday off from working out, I only walked the pup for 4.7 miles. The back of my knee has been sore now a few weeks, I think I pulled a muscle there. I can walk on it, but can not do step aerobics. I will take 4-6 weeks off and let it heal. I will keep walking my puppy and the treadmill. So today I will lift weights, walk on treadmill and swim. A grueling day at the gym...will keep me away from kitchen..lol :lol:

I slept really late; 10:30 :yikes: I think I was tired....

Plan for today;

B -- Fruit smoothie w/protein 1/2 serving
L -- Fast
D -- Quinoa pasta, red sauce w/ground beef, asparagus
S -- Fast

Weight 143
Up 3.2 lbs

love2b150
06-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Sum, a size 4 is great. YAY YOU :) Sum you are gonna have to take this moment by moment. Like sept2012 said and I put it in my signature Not just one day at a time we have to do this one second, one minute, one thought and one breath at a time You can't let this journey make you feel in any way defeated especially since you know you have come so far. Celebrate the victories as they come :) Glad you got to sleep in today. I did that yesterday. My husband was leaving for work, came in to kiss me good day and asked if I was ok!? Getting up at 5:30 every morning is almost over. School is out in 4 days :D

My day wasn't as low as I thought yesterday but it wasn't too bad. I still came down 1.6 to 158.2. I hope I can say the same for today because it's not as low as I would like either :)

nonameslob
06-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Rennie, so glad you had a good fasting day! Keep it up this week!

Sum Would love to see pictures of that dress. When is graduation? I think it's really hard to know what your goal weight should be until you get down closer to it like you are. I know you'll get to where you want to be! I still have no clue where I want to end up, one step at a time.

Had a great weekend. The scale is up to 198.4 this morning, which is expected and totally fine. Fasting today should get me back down to my low weight. Really want to see 195 before I leave for vacation next Sunday!

I don't have my menu planned all the way this week, but some thoughts. I have so much seafood in the fridge right now!

Monday - 500 cal fast, shrimp and veggies? for dinner
Tuesday - smoothie for lunch, crabcakes for dinner
Wednesday - 500 cal fast, ????
Thursday - smoothie for lunch, salmon for dinner
Friday - smoothie for lunch, turkey burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner

Sum38
06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
So once again, I blew my fast day; went out for sushi. But it was yummy!! So I am attempting to fast today. Not getting on this fasting train too well. Did only 1 true fast day last week.

So today I am SWOLLEN, like crazy. Sushi always does that to me.

I think I will change my fast days to Mondays and keep the Wednesday the same; these two days I am away from home, volunteering and have no access to food anyways. Do you think it would be okay to fast this close apart? I just can't seem to get onboard on the weekends what comes to fasting.

nonameslob
06-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Sum you'll be fine with M/W. I do that almost every week - it's nothing like trying to do a back-to-back :P

I was craving sushi this weekend. Almost went for it but I made a salad with chicken instead. Sigh.

Sum38
06-09-2014, 11:09 AM
I will do that then.

I had some eggs this morning and I will skip lunch. Hoping to make some grilled chicken for dinner with veggies. I should stay under 600 cals. 500 is so hard....

I have LOTS of bloat, I am hoping to drop 3-4 pounds of it today. Started my day off with 40 oz of green tea and now I switched to water. The tea goes down so smooth :D -- I used to drink that amount in coffee. Now I just get the hydration and all those good antioxidants minus the jitters. -- Sometimes I pick up a decaf coffee, but for the most part I am coffee free.

I saw your progress picture Noname, OMG you are beautiful!!! You have really shrunk, I could see your arms and waits really getting smaller.

nonameslob
06-09-2014, 11:18 AM
500 is hard, 600 seems to work for a lot of women though if that's what you need to do to keep at it! I really hope you manage two fasts this week as I know you've been struggling lately.

Thank you so much, you're too sweet :) I hate that I had to block the eyes out. It looks so silly, but I don't want to see my photos being used by an advertiser in some seedy corner of the internet. Ugh!

I made out really well at Goodwill this week. 3 shirts and a pair of pants, BRAND NEW (our local stores have a relationship with Target and get stuff from them!). Pants don't fit yet, they're size 14, but I think I can get into them in no time :)

Just about have everything I need for Colorado, too. Can't believe we leave Sunday night! I have to bring my way-too-big pair of hiking pants, though, but I'll save those for when no one but my bf will see me on the trail. Ha! I told him that if it gets really cold I should be able to wear those on top of long johns AND my other hiking pants, they're that big!

love2b150
06-09-2014, 07:26 PM
noname, I haven't had a good fasting day yet. I don't know what my problem is. I was trying again today and you would think that since I didn't physically stay up until after noon today I would have done fine, but nope not me, smh. I love your menus so simple and I love love love seafood :) I miss the Goodwill stores in VA. I use to luck out that way with new items. My daughter said I was the only person she knew that would go to a thrift store and come back with clothes that had tags. I forget are you moving to Colorado now or just visiting and then moving later?
NOTE:
noname I have to tell you. It looks simple when you put it down but I just tried to do tomorrow on my fitness pal and the calories and carbs don't come out the way the did in my head. This is harder than I thought.

Sum, sorry about the bloat :hug: I am having a time with fasting here lately also. I think for this week, I am going to actually write down my meals all of them like noname and see if I can stick to that. Planning use to work for me now I seem to deviate so much it's crazy :dizzy:

I am going to try to plan my meals for the remainder of the week Tues-Fri since I know Saturday at our family gathering will not be.

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Rennie, maybe you need to take a full day break inbetween attempts? I sometimes find it difficult to fail and then try again the day after. I hope you find something that works better for you :hug:

What works for me is picking just a few, like two or three, fast-day meals that I always go back to. I know how big a portion of meat and how much veggie, etc. I can have, and since I make it all the time it's easy and there's no surprises. My rotation is usually chicken cesar salad, chicken with sauteed veggies and feta cheese, and shrimp stir fry. I love to cook, but trying to figure out the calories on new meals is annoying!!! Maybe you are just making it more difficult thank it needs to be? :?:

Last night I did not follow my own advice and I didn't weigh or measure any of my food plus I snuck some soba noodles in with my shrimp stir fry. I was most likely over on my calories but not by much. The scale is still up from the weekend but I feel and look so bloated! Hopefully by the end of the week that will come off.

love2b150
06-10-2014, 09:19 AM
noname, I tend to do a bunch of different things (ways of eating) because I never seem to stick with anything for long. Which ever plan I select will be fine then it will stop working and I am back to square one which is the way it seems now. I need to find something soon to get the scale moving again though.

MauiKai
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Morning, I feel something like an intruder since I read this whole thread and it's just the three of you. I am seeking some info and advice. I'm stuck at a weight and I keep losing a little and gaining more, losing a little, gaining more. I am so beyond frustrated. I feel like I will never get to where the doctors want me to be.
Out of desperation, for the last two days I have been trying something new. For breakfast and lunch I have been eating a fruit and veggie smoothie. (Usually it's a small amount of each fruit, blueberries, strawberries, natural no sugar added applesauce, half a banana and 1 cup of spinach, plus .5 cup of some other veg) For dinner I have had the same thing both nights since I had leftovers. 2 salmon patties (44g protein, 14g fat), 1 on an english muffin, and a heaping pile of sugar snap peas in the pod. It has moved the scale a bit but I suspect it's mostly water weight of course.
I am interested in 5:2 but I am having trouble finding clear information about it. Help?

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
MauiKai Not an intruder at all! What were you doing before/now?

The basics of 5:2 are: "Five days of normal eating, with little thought to calorie control and a slice of pie for pudding if that’s what you want. Then, on the other two days, you just eat a quarter of your recommended daily calorie quota. That works out at 500 calories for women and 600 for men." (from http://thefastdiet.co.uk/)

It's easy to combine with other ways of eating, dietary restrictions, etc. if that's what you desire. Happy to answer any questions you have, but I'd encourage you to read through the FAQ in the above link for starters.

I see you're doing the Bikini Challenge too :D I'm definitely not getting into a bikini this summer LOL but it's a fun thought.

Sum38
06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
MauiKai Welcome! Nice to have you here! -- Noname explained the 5:2 perfect. Just jump in a start posting. Would love to have you here.

I follow (well try) to follow it (lately I have not been OP as much as I would like :cry:) following pattern

Mon; Fast 500-600 cals
Tue; 1200 -1300 cals
Wed; Fast 500-600 cals
Thr; 1200-1300 cals
Fri; 1500-1600 cals
Sat; Splurge Day (2000-2200 cals) -- This is still being evaluated...I can't always handle the splurge days
Sun; 1200-1300 cals

MauiKai
06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Oh I am in no way getting in to a bikini, I just joined in for fun.

What I am doing now is nothing. Other than the last two days that is. I tried low carb and it does help but the weight loss was so slow (I know that is good) and I just couldn't keep up with it.

I am just frustrated and sick of being fat and very tired of diets and fat pants and thinking about it all the time.

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
MauiKai I totally understand that feeling. I still think about it all the time. It's kind of an obsession. But I'm okay with that LOL I hope you'll give it a shot or at least consider it! Good luck with whatever you end up doing! There's tons of other health benefits too. My skin has cleared up and IBS went away. Love it!

Sum, how was your fast yesterday?

Sum38
06-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I have been struggling a bit. Somehow I can not complete my fast days successfully. I did really well yesterday until dinner and then I blew my calories. I had chili, which itself was fine, but added way too much cheese to it. I think I ended at 1000 calories for the day.

I made this chili that was hotter than h3ll...lol We grow peppers and I make my own chilibase. This was made out of habanero and ghost peppers....it was HOT! We can eat really hot stuff but this was unedible. So I made another batch without any spice to dilute it...it is still HOT. -- My stomach hurts today :lol:

I won't fast today because I will attempt to fast again tomorrow.

Plan for today
B - Eggs
L - Salad w/grilled chicken
D - ?? -- Son is graduating, will eat late, maybe left over chili
S - apple w/PB, popsicle

Weight :o 142.4
Down 1.6 lbs

MauiKai
06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Is there a book you recommend? I tried looking it up on Amazon but about 15 books come up!

Today I woke up ravenously hungry. I ended up eating scrambled eggs (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites) and a piece of dry toast. I'm still hungry but now I feel sane again, haha, not like I have to eat my way through the kitchen.

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
The original book is The Fast Diet by Mike Mosley. I've never read it but if you're gonna get a book I'd start with that one since he's the one that "invented" 5:2!

Also, here's a video if you prefer videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A

Today is a "normal" day. I'm quite hungry right now but trying to wait until noon to have my smoothie for lunch. Had an iced coffee and a hot coffee this morning. Then dinner tonight is crab cakes with asparagus and wild rice. I need to look up a crabcake recipe. I've never made them aside from when I had leftover stuffing from stuffed mushrooms lol! Need to get to the gym tonight too for some cardio and leg day!

Sum, I have that issue when I make chili, too. I like it spicy but the chili powder I got from the farmer's market is WHOA spicy and I always forget I need to halve the amount! A spoonful of greek yogurt or sour cream helps a lot. Hope your son's graduation goes well and I'm sure you'll look stunning in your Size 6 dress :D

MauiKai
06-10-2014, 06:58 PM
I made the pineapple chili that was posted up thread for dinner. Very good!

MauiKai
06-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh and also, I wanted to share what I ate today to get opinions on it, please?

Breakfast was 4 scrambled eggs (2 whole, 2 whites) with one dry piece of toast.

Lunch was a tuna sandwhich (tuna with 1.5 tblspn light MW) on an english muffin and a banana.

I had a snack of an individual container of chobani greek yogurt.

Dinner was 1 cup of the pineapple chili referenced above.

I know I was a bit poor on the veg today, though the chili does have tomato, bean, onion and pepper in it.
I'm not really sure what that all works out to calorie wise, but does it seem okish to you all? Like, what normal people would eat vs someone who can usually eat 3x what normal people eat?

nonameslob
06-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I think it seems reasonable. I usually have a two cup serving of soups or stews though so that actually seems a bit small to me.

I had an iced coffee and regular coffee this morning, a fruit and veg smoothie for lunch, two pan fried crab cakes with asparagus and wild rice for dinner, and splurge! I got a chocolate frozen custard from Ritas.

It felt pretty silly going to Ritas after the gym but I was actually still feeling hungry before I got to the gym and looked up the nutritional information before I decided if I really wanted it. I still wanted it after reading the calories so I enjoyed it. Its so hot out today ugh!

Oh and we went on a very short bike ride today, maybe ten minutes, and then I did 30 min of cardio at the gym.

I kind of like writing out exactly what I ate and my exercise. Hope you guys don't mind. Fast day tomorrow. Gonna make my usual chicken cesar salad for dinner.

One last thing! I decided to start tracking my water. I did the calculations and I need to be drinking at least 4 liters a day (plus about half a liter when I exercise). I always felt like I drink a LOT of water, but in hindsight I'm probably only getting about 3 liters.

MauiKai
06-11-2014, 12:37 PM
I ended up eating half a cucumber last night too since I couldn't sleep and wanted it badly. (I love cucumbers)

Breakfast today was a smoothie, blueberries, strawberries, banana, apple, 1.5 cups of compressed spinach and some water. Lunch is planned to be similar. Dinner will be left over chili most likely. Tonight I'll have 1.5 cups of the chili.

ETA: And that was what it was mostly, except I added half a cucumber to breakfast, and after dinner I ate 1/4 of one of those personal sized round watermelons.

ETAA: About 7pm I was hungry again so I finished the other quarter of the watermelon. I guess the up side is that it's fruit, not candy or junk.

nonameslob
06-12-2014, 09:27 AM
MauiKai I am assuming you make a smoothie with the fruits and veggies? Sounds similar to my lunch on non-fast days. Your meal plans sound good. I can't remember, did you decide if you were going to try 5:2?

---
Yesterday was my second fast day of the week and it was ROUGH. I had 2 cups of coffee and then nothing until my chicken cesar salad for dinner. I also managed to drink almost the entire gallon of water! For exercise, just a 10 minute bike ride.

Weigh-in was this morning - down 2 pounds this week!

For lunch today I'm having half of my usual smoothie of berries, spinach and greek yogurt, plus two turkey veggie meatballs.

Dinner will be a turkey mushroom burger, 1 small crabcake (leftovers! yum) and some sort of veggie on the side.

Need to get to the gym tonight for a half hour of cardio and leg day.

MauiKai
06-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Yes it's a smoothie, and I am trying the 5:2, but I can't (yet) not eat until dinner time. I get too much gnawing stomach pain to ignore. I've been having a big smoothie split in two, half for breakfast and half for lunch, then a reasonable dinner like the chili or salmon patties etc.

Sum38
06-12-2014, 09:37 AM
MauiKai Sounds like a yummy plan; something I would eat. -- I had chili for dinner last night :drool:

nonameslob :yay: Congrats on your 2 pounds!!! WooHoo!

Rennie where are you?

nonameslob
06-12-2014, 09:38 AM
MauiKai you don't have to save it all for dinner, you can try splitting 500 calories up over the day (or is that what you're already doing? I haven't done the math).

Hi Sum! How's your week going?

Sum38
06-12-2014, 09:49 AM
I fasted (semi) successfully yesterday. I think I added too much cheese to my chili, it was soooo spicy that the cheese and sour cream took the edge off.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day; I am down 2 pounds from last Friday; 3.4 pounds since Monday. I can't believe that a week ago on Wednesday I was 135.6; 5 pounds lighter than I am today. My weight is all over the place. I really did go overboard there starting last Thursday and all weekend. I don't think I gained 5 pounds though, but I think I did gain 3 pounds :mad: Why do I do this to myself?? Aren't I too old to know better?? :lol: -- On my fast day, I did not lose any weight, kinda disappointing. Could be because TOM is due any minute (already late) and I am retaining a few pounds of water. I usually get a few pound whoosh after TOM arrives.

But I think I did cut the bad eating cycle. I will attempt fasting again on Sunday; weekends are kinda hard though.

Son graduated from High School on Tuesday. We took pictures. At first I was very disappointed how thick I looked but then I went and compared pictures from New year's eve and there is a huge difference. -- A long way to go, but making progress :yay:

Pictures can be so motivating.

Plan for today

Meals
B - Eggs
L - Salad w/grilled chicken
D - Porkloin w/roasted veggies
S - Popsicle
Cals 1000-1200

Exercise
4.9 mile treadmill walk
4.7 mile puppy walk
Weights 45 min

Weight
No change

MauiKai
06-12-2014, 10:40 AM
MauiKai you don't have to save it all for dinner, you can try splitting 500 calories up over the day (or is that what you're already doing? I haven't done the math).

Hi Sum! How's your week going?

Sort of. I'm a bit over the 500 mark but I'm working on baby steps.

MauiKai
06-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Son graduated from High School on Tuesday. We took pictures. At first I was very disappointed how thick I looked but then I went and compared pictures from New year's eve and there is a huge difference. -- A long way to go, but making progress :yay:

Pictures can be so motivating.

Pictures were what slapped me awake. It was a couple of years ago, we took a trip and when I looked at myself in the pictures I almost didn't recognize me. I was appalled by how fat I was looking. So then I lost the weight, and slowly put it right back on. Now I'm doing it again and hoping it's the last time I have to lose weight and can instead stay where I want to be and maintain.

Sum38
06-12-2014, 08:23 PM
MauiKaiI was VERY good at avoiding camera for years; kinda makes me feel sad...so many memories lost because I was hiding...but there a few that were taken of me during my heaviest, and I shiver when I see them.

Now I am on a mission to make up for the lost time :) -- I am looking better, feeling better and overall doing things to make myself better.

Not only do I try to take care of my body, I am trying to be kinder to my skin and hair. I want to be the MILF ;) Hahah!

Sum38
06-13-2014, 10:16 AM
So today is supposed to be UpUpDay with 1700 calories to eat, and I am not feeling that hungry...hmmm. Maybe I will stick with 1300-1400 calories. I could easily do a fast day today, but I have made the mistake before where I tried fasting 3 days and it backfired.

Scale rewarded me with a 2.2 pound whoosh, and that was after a normal eating day; I did walk a lot though; twice yesterday and lifted weights. :lifter:

No food plan for today and no exercise plan either. I think I will walk my pup, and maybe power walk on treadmill and swim.

I have been craving for nachos, bad :lol: -- Been putting it off, maybe we will go out tomorrow on my "splurge day" and satisfy the craving. :drool:

MauiKai
06-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Where did everyone go? Rennie? Sum? Noname?

Sum38
06-16-2014, 05:02 PM
I am here! Noname is in Colorado for the next few weeks, and Rennie is around but she has not checked in here lately...

I need to get serious about this weight loss thing! I have been maintaining since Feb. Weight varies between 135 and 145 pounds, mostly right at 140. I think 5:2 is helping me to maintain, but I need to get more diligent on non fasting days and watch those calories. -- Splurge day is out, for now....because it always turns into splurge dayS.

Yesterday was supposed to be a fast day; I did "okay". I think around 800 cals, which is 300 cals more than I should have had. So I am making up for it today. I have planned 920 calories worth meals; there is a room for a snack if needed. Ideally I would like to stay at 1000 cals for today.

Tomorrow I am meeting a GF for lunch, but we are meeting at a seafood place and I will go with a salad (dressing on the side; can't forget that!). Shooting for another 1000-1200 calorie day and Wednesday will be my #2 fast day for the week, and I WILL stick to 500 calories!

How are you doing?

MauiKai
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm doing ok. I am still having more than 500 calories on fast days. I don't feel good if I eat 500. I am hoping I can back it down over time.

I don't have splurge days. I can't. I fall right off the wagon and it rolls over me if I do.

Sum38
06-17-2014, 08:16 AM
I can't do 500 cals either, I am happy if I stay below 700. On Sunday I was at 800 cals.

Since I did not succeed on Sunday with my fasting day, I ate low calories yesterday and scale rewarded me with a 3.8 pound drop :dance:

Today I will stay low cals as well, kinda jump starting this weight loss again.

I started drinking lots of water 2 weeks ago, and I am staying OP on that as well.

Today's plan;
B -- Protein fruit smoothie 300 cals
L -- Chicken lettuce wrap 300 cals
D -- Salmon, quinoa, veggie 500 cals

Total 1100 cals

Exercise
4.7 mile walk w/doggie
4.9 treadmill walk
Weights

Weight 136.2
Down 3.8 lbs :goodscale

MauiKai
06-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Wow 3.8lbs! That's awesome!

love2b150
06-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Sum, I'm here just not doing as well with OP eating most of the time. Last week was a disaster. So far so good this week. Thanks for looking for me :hug:

love2b150
06-17-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm doing ok. I am still having more than 500 calories on fast days. I don't feel good if I eat 500. I am hoping I can back it down over time.

I don't have splurge days. I can't. I fall right off the wagon and it rolls over me if I do.

Splurge days is what I had last week. They rolled over me also ;) Thanks for looking for me :hug: Your meals sound great. I love seafood :drool:

Sum38
06-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Fast Day. I sort of "binged" yesterday on my normal eating day; I blame it on TOM (which was 7-9 days late).

Today is a fast day; I WILL stay at 500 calories. I skipped breakfast, I slept kind of late and had to rush out and I was still sort of full from my late, late night snacking.

It is 1:30 right now, and I have drank a lot of water and some decaf coffee, that's all. Not really feeling hungry yet, anyways.

I will walk my pup, which usually takes about 1 1/2 hours; keeps me away from kitchen till 3:30...

Scale jumped 1.6 pounds, less than I anticipated, which was great!

I would like to get back to 136.x by tomorrow and hoping to see 135.x on Friday's official weigh in day.

I had made a goal to be 131 by the end of this month, but I don't think that is going to happen. Anything below 135 would be wonderful!!

Sum38
06-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Rennie, this week is a new week! :hug: Forgive yourself, and make better choices this week!!

MauiKai How many calories are you taking in on fast days?

MauiKai
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Um, less than 800 but that's about all I can manage. Although today I am doing pretty good and it's almost dinner time so maybe I can be closer to 600 today.

love2b150
06-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks Sum, I've been doing pretty Ok this week, I think. ;) I'm a little bummed that I won't be going to the gym thanks to my husband being home today. I wonder if my son will want to take a lap or two around his school track. That won't take too long, it's close enough so that I'm not burning a ton of gas and I'll be back within the time that he (my husband) can take a nap :) That's a thought. I'll ask him when I pick him up.

nonameslob
06-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Hi ladies - I am back from vacation! I won't be getting back on 5:2 until next Monday, though, but just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing :)

I was only up two pounds when I got home from vacation, and am already down one of those. I have a suspicion I actually lost on vacation, not surprising with all the hiking and then walking we did. I'm doing 16:8 during the week to ease me back into normal eating and then will get back to my normal routine next week. I feel great! But very much looking forward to cooking my own meals this week instead of eating out or packaged stuff.

How is everyone doing?

Sum38
06-24-2014, 09:31 AM
I hope you had a great vacation Noname!!

I am struggling, I am not getting OP it seems.... my evenings are the worst. I do okay during the day time and then lose it at night. I might need to get back into the routine of working out at night.

I attempted to fast yesterday, and I did until dinner time but then loaded up on calories. I don't know if I should attempt to fast again??

I am going to Europe in September, going home; I would like to be 10-15 pounds lighter... I have 10 weeks!!!! If I can get my head straight I could do it!!

nonameslob
06-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Why is nighttime your problem? Do you plan what you will have for dinner and then end up eating more? I'm sure you can find a way to prevent that from happening. Working out at night may be a good idea. I know it's an appetite suppressant for me (and a time-filler in the evening where I may otherwise be home snacking!).

I personally would give yourself a day between a "failed" fast and trying again. You likely still ate at a deficit yesterday, and that can make it harder to do a 500 cal fast. Good luck Sum! You can get back on it with a little :dust:

Sum38
06-24-2014, 10:02 AM
I think it is boredom for me. Kids are so old and hubby out of town, I sit here alone and eat. -- I either need to find an evening hobby or continue my evening workouts to keep myself busy.

My days are quite full, and I am busy.

I don't mind working out at night; I can walk my doggie in the morning and get a nice "rest" before the gym.

I am "so close"; I would be really happy with 10 pound weight loss before my trip to Finland. That would make me solid 6 in size. -- I of course would like to purchase a few (read many) new clothing items for the trip :D -- But I will also leave some room in the luggage for a nice shopping trip in Finland :lol:

nonameslob
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Sounds like you know what you need to do then :D 10 pounds before your trip is a great goal and should keep you motivated!!!

Also, Sum, I LOVE DENVER so much! I cannot wait to move there! I am so jealous that you are making your move before me (unless somehow I found a job sooner than I had planned hehe). What an amazing place to live. I feel like I would get fat again though! There's so much good food and beer, but then again there's also so many opportunities to be active.

I hope you don't mind if I post my plan for meals this week. I'm not back to 5:2, but it will help me to write this out.

Smoothies for lunch today through Friday. No breakfast except on the weekend (eggs with some kind of meat most likely). Probably salads for lunch over the weekend (we got a really awesome pomegranate balsamic in Denver, I can't wait to make dressing with it!). Will also make some roasted chick peas to snack on. That leaves dinner:

Tonight: Asian salmon with snow peas and noodles
Wednesday: Zucchini turkey burgers with sweet potato fries and salad
Thursday: Lemony basil shrimp with Israeli couscous
Friday: Ground turkey strogranoff
Saturday: Chicken curry with naan bread and creamed spinach
Sunday: TBD or leftovers

I did throw a few things onto the menu that I don't make often, to get the cravings out of my system during my break :) Like bread, oh man...cannot wait to make that naan bread!

nonameslob
06-26-2014, 09:55 AM
This thread is quiet...Sum, Rennie, how are you doing?

I must say, I don't miss fasting at all. I've been kind of doing 16:8 this week to maintain, and I really enjoy it. When I actually reach maintenance, I think that may end up being my plan rather than a 6:1 fast. I certainly look forward to going back to 5:2 in order to lose more weight, but it's not like I love fasting...haha! Some people love the effects of it so much that they don't mind, but I don't think I'm one of them :) It's just a means to an end.

love2b150
06-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Sum where are you? :hug:

noname, I'm here. I just have really not been doing well with eating so it wasn't 5:2 or anything, it was just eating. I had my first OP day yesterday in a long time calories were only 770 but compared to the days prior I surely don't feel bad and I wasn't hungry though I did want to eat later in the evening, so I just went to bed which is what I should have been doing in the first place instead of staying up till 1am some nights. noname what does 16:8 entail? BTW I love the sound of your dinners :drool: I would love to eat new dishes.

I got up to 166.2 so not good. My 6/1 weigh in I was 160, with a low this month of 158.2 so I'm not pleased with myself. TOM is in the building and should be gone tomorrow, thank goodness. I ate what I input for a change on MFP yesterday and it paid off. I am down 3.2lbs of bloat. I didn't get all of my water in though thanks to my throat. I've done better today though and I'm sipping some green tea also. Still hoping that I can make 160 by 6/30. :)

MauiKai
06-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm still around and working on breaking my plateau.

nonameslob
06-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Rennie I hope you're feeling better! Are you sick? You mentioned your throat :( I'm glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. I'm sure the end of TOM should help, too. Bet you'll lose another couple pounds of water weight from that. Do you find that logging in MFP daily helps you to stay accountable?

16:8 just means fast for 16 hours and eat within an 8 hour window (I eat between noon and 8PM). I had been combining that with 5:2 before my break. Just another form of intermittent fasting.

We had bison burgers instead of turkey burgers last night. Such a treat. The meat was on sale and I couldn't resist. I think I'll use the ground turkey to make some turkey burgers and turkey meatballs to freeze. I don't know what I'm doing tonight. I have a late work meeting (which usually involves pizza that I'd like to avoid) and then the bf will be out. Maybe I'll make the couscous anyway.

If you see anything you want a recipe for just let me know. I have links to most of them! Though this week's recipes aren't incredibly healthy.

MauiKai
06-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Does anyone think that 2 fasting days in a row (hard to do) might prompt some weight to come off and get things rolling again?

love2b150
06-26-2014, 02:46 PM
MauiKai, I did two in a row in the beginning and it wasn't bad. When I tried the following week it set off a binge. I eat low calorie when I eat healthy it seems anyway. I guess I still haven't quite learned how to make great menus without carbs. And like Sum and noname said my fast days are never 500 calories, they are more like 700-800 then I feel bad because I couldn't control my mouth at the end of the day. My suggestion would be to give it a shot, if it turns out to be a tummy ache then have a good dinner and fast the next day. Hope you break free of your plateau soon. I found that calorie cycling helps that, but that is almost what we do now. So I guess that didn't help, idk.

noname, I don't think I'm sick because it comes and goes. Two other post-ers on another thread said I may have allergies, so I just took a Zyrtec. I'll see what that does :)

I'd like to try the Asian salmon, lemony basil shrimp, and the zucchini turkey burgers. I saw on Dr. Oz yesterday lasagna with half zucchini and half pasta (I'd have to do half and half because my family would never eat it with just zucchini and spinach) yum :)

nonameslob
06-26-2014, 02:57 PM
MauiKai It's worth a shot. I only did a back to back once (wasn't a walk in the park, but it wasn't the hardest thing either), and I don't think it made my loss any different, but I wasn't experiencing a plateau. Good luck breaking through!

Rennie, I think allergies are really bad right now, at least where I am, so hopefully that's all it is for you and Zyrtec helps!

Asian Salmon and Noodles (http://juliasalbum.com/2013/04/asian-salmon-and-noodles-recipe/) Low-cal swap - use zoodles instead of noodles (I've eaten this on a fast day, actually)

Chili, Lemon, and Basil Shrimp with Israeli Couscous (http://www.thekitchn.com/quick-dinner-spicy-lemon-basil-119561)

Jessica Alba's Turkey Meatballs (http://www.marthastewart.com/875683/turkey-meatballs) I added some spinach in addition to the zucchini and carrots. Also, I baked these instead of pan frying them.

That lasagna sounds good! I'd have to do the same in my house :P Let me know if you make it!

love2b150
06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks noname I am making the Asian Salmon tonight with chicken instead. We don't have any salmon and I have all of the ingredients to make it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I don't have the zucchini either so I'll make the pasta for the family and I'll just have a bite of chicken :) I can do this. I'll let you know about the lasagna when I make it :)

ETA: dinner came out great, I added a little too much Sriracha but everyone ate it ;). My oldest son and I like spicy so we were fine :)

MauiKai
06-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Well yesterday was probably my best fast day yet. I managed to make due with just a small veggie (spinach) and fruit (Frozen mix of strawberries, pineapple, peach, banana and blueberries.) smoothie for breakfast (about 200 calories) and then for dinner 2 salmon patties and some green beans (about 350) and about 50 cal worth of watermelon. So I made it into a 600 calorie day which is as good as I've managed thus far.

Today I had scrambled eggs (with about a teaspoon of natural ketchup...I love eggs that way) for breakfast w/1 dry toast. Lunch was one corn tortilla with chicken & peppers and a chobani greek yogurt. Dinner is planned to be either baked fish or maybe salmon patties again as they were really good. I'll either have salad or green beans again too.

nonameslob
06-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Rennie, I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to try the glaze on chicken sometime.

MauiKai...woohoo! Yay for a successful fast :) Your plan for today sounds great, too. I hope it helps you kick this plateau in the butt :D

Ugh, I definitely overindulged yesterday! I think it was my first true binge in a long, long time. I stuck to my plan but I ate an entire bag of chips (somewhere between individual and family sized) and had a bit much to drink. Oh well. Today is a new day and I am READY to fast on Monday. Like, really ready. Oh man, I miss it. Possible TMI, but my BMs have not been very friendly since I stopped fasting. :(

love2b150
06-27-2014, 01:46 PM
MauiKai, I'm glad you had a successful day yesterday, way to go :high: Do you make your own salmon patties or do you purchase them pre-made? I make my own and just recently figured out that I don't need to add the bread crumbs in them or in my meatloaf ... so much better for me :) Your meals are OP for today also, way to go :high:

noname are they hard/lumpy? What do you think makes them better with the fasting? I have a hard time in that area on a norm so any help/advice is useful to me. I did great with the recipe but found a outrageous chocolate chip recipe on there that was a :nono: for me. They were delicious :drool:

I'm starting all over today. I blew my day with the cookies and the little pasta that I ate, smh. Today I had two Activia yogurts and a cheese stick for breakfast, Lunch was green beans and a cup of bran cereal no milk, Dinner will be the rest of the chicken from last night. My daughter finished off the pasta for lunch thank goodness ;) Weight is up 1.4 to 164.4 so now I have 4.4 to lose by Monday. I can do it if I open my mouth to only good things and possibly get a few walks in :crossed:

Sum38
06-30-2014, 07:23 AM
Personals later...

Sorry that I have been MIA. Had a baseball tournament out of town. Son's team won 2 games and lost two games. Really should have been 3 wins out of 4... They had fun regardless. And as did the adults. Two more tournaments this summer and then maybe fall ball.... I love watching him play.

Needless to say I have not been OP in nearly a week now. -- My trip is getting closer by the day.... I feel like I am wasting time.

So after a weekend of heavy eating (and drinking :o) I will change my fast days; today will be one and then again on Wednesday. Two of my volunteer days.

On Wednesday I am also getting my second treatment of microneedling done; it is working wonders for my skin!! I will look all gross for the holiday weekend though...lol It makes me look sun burned. I am a little afraid to go back because it is kinda painful, but like I said it is making my skin look really youthful.

Plan is to get below 140 by Friday. 143.2 this morning...UGH!! I am sure lots of it is just bloat.

Today;

Meals
B - green tea
L - Fast
D - Ahi tuna, big salad and quinoa
S - Fast
Cals 500

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk 75 min
4.9 mile treadmill torture 65 min
Weights 45 min

Weight
UP!!!

nonameslob
06-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Rennie, I had IBS before I started 5:2 so I think you can infer from there. lol How did your weekend go?

Sum - does your son travel a lot for baseball? It must be a lot of fun to watch him :) What is microneedling? Is it similar to microdermabrasion? I had that done as a teenager (awful acne...) and remember it being very painful. Good luck. I hope it helps. Sounds like you have a good plan for today! Mmm I LOVE tuna!

I am fasting today as well. My first day fasting since my two week planned break - eek! I am nervous that it will be difficult. I haven't taken a break aside from a few off plan days around the holidays. Enough coffee and I will get through. I just hope I don't get cold - I hate having goosebumps when it's 80 degrees outside lol Really, really excited to get back to losing weight though. My body is really starting to show visible changes a lot lately and I'm getting close to my lowest known adult weight, so that will be fun.

Back to the gym tonight too!

Sum38
06-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Microneedling is where they use a roller with small needles and roll it all over your face. It is supposed to even out skin tone, increase collagen production and erase fine lines.

My fast day is going well; so stuffed after the weekend...lol -- Soon I will leave for my volunteer gig and I won't even have an opportunity to eat, even if I wanted to. So I think I will stick with Mo and Wed fasting days.

Good luck today noname!! You can do it. Just think that Sum is fasting just along side with ya :D

MauiKai
06-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Rennie I buy them premade, but they are high quality without fillers and junk. They are 150 cal each.

love2b150
06-30-2014, 12:46 PM
Sum, I am loving the happy in your post. I'm sure it's all bloat and you will definitely have it gone by Friday. Gosh I wish I could do the speeds that you do, YOU GO GIRL :high:

noname my weekend went pretty well, thanks for asking. I did my first real fast day yesterday, calories were only at 408. I didn't intentionally plan it. It just happened that way. But I'm happy with it. I made the shrimp, my son and I loved it. I only made enough for me and he ate the ones I couldn't finish :) Best of luck with your fast today, you'll do fine with Sum by your side :)

MauiKai, I tried some pre-made once and the taste was a little bland, I got them from Aldi. The kids wouldn't eat them. What brand did you purchase? Did they have a lot of flavor? Mine come out to 118 calories and 15g of protein for one. I use the canned wild caught Alaskan salmon, egg, green pepper, onion, mayo and mustard.

Well like I said above I did my first great fast day yesterday. I am going to use that as my start over point, though I do want to do a full cheat day to get these cravings to go away. I want some hush puppies from Cookout, some of the chocolate chip cookies I made the other day, and a homemade pound cake, oh and potato salad, but I can just as easily eat the mock potato salad. It's so good ;) My son has challenged me to lose 10lbs in the month of July. I would love for him to lose 10lbs just for his overall health but I don't think I will do it. I did that in January when I gave up all carbs and sweets but since then I have barely done anything. So we shall see how we did come July 31. ;) I will put forth the effort for sure.

nonameslob
06-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Sum go us! We can do this! Almost 1PM here and I'm feeling okay. 8 cups of water down, at least 8 more to go. The water definitely helps get through the hunger pangs. But now I am smelling an office-mate's lunch. Ugh. And my bf just texted me that he's at my favorite restaurant... :dust:

Rennie I am so proud of you for having a successful fast day yesterday! :yay: How old is your son? That must be motivating to have someone by your side to lose with. You two will do great! I have a good feeling about July for all of us :) Glad you enjoyed the shrimp.

Tonight will be chicken salad (boring!) I don't have the rest of my meals planned out. I'll have to write out a plan tonight and go grocery shopping tomorrow.

love2b150
06-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks noname :) He'll be 17 in October. He's a big guy. He's 6'1 and about 250.

Sending you lots of :dust: ... keep me posted ... I don't know if Sum can post at her volunteer place but I'm usually on here :) ... no life as my kids say :)

Sum38
06-30-2014, 05:22 PM
I made it!!! And I am not even that hungry after fasting a whole day.

MauiKai Have you ever tried the salmon patties from Whole Foods? They are really yummy.

Noname I kept sucking down water all afternoon as well...the bummer is the need for potty :D I am begging someone to come down and guard my post every hour, they must think I have the weakest of bladders...haha -- When is your next fast day?

Rennie :woohoo: on your fast day! Doesn't it feel great when one makes it through. How are your cravings today? I usually have very little cravings after a fast day.

MauiKai
06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
MauiKai Have you ever tried the salmon patties from Whole Foods? They are really yummy.

We have no Whole Foods local to us here. I would have to drive 3ish hours to get to one, sadly.

Sum38
06-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I feel spoiled now MauiKai :D I go to Whole Foods once per week, it seems. Everyone loves their salmon and air chilled chicken. I refrain from buying other stuff from them, because it is really expensive over there!

love2b150
06-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks Sum :) I'm going to check out the ones at whole foods next time I'm near there. I don't have to drive as far as MauiKai but it's not close either. What brand is it that you purchase? No cravings at all today, in fact I haven't had dinner and since my calories were so low yesterday I don't want to know eat dinner today. I'm having some mustard and turnip greens and tilapia so it's pretty lite. I have a grapefruit added in there but I may take that off.

noname I got my fiber in today. Hope it helps :)

MauiKai, are you in Hawaii? I'll bet the seafood there is better than here anyway. I miss living in Virginia where I could drive up to DC and go to the Wharf. YUM :)

I'm feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in. I hope I'm not setting myself up.

nonameslob
06-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Fast day went great! I got a little cold at the end of the work day which doesn't happen to me much anymore but I was fine after dinner. Had an amazing workout too! I'm excited to step on the scale tomorrow and get a better read of my weight. Most of the bloating should be gone so I can see what I'm really dealing with post-vacation.

We don't have whole foods either :( its an hour away, but that's not worth the drive to me. Salmon patties sound yum...

Sum I feel you on the water and bathroom. I drank 1.25 gallons today . Whew! I'll fast again either Wednesday or Thursday. How about you?

Rennie hope the fiber helped. Sounds like you practically did another 500 call day today or am I underestimating? Funny how little we tend to crave foods the day after a fast.

I can't believe how great I feel. I really killed it at the gym. I hope I can keep this up.

love2b150
06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
noname I had originally 1130, but I couldn't finish all of my dinner so it ended up being only 913. I'll do better tomorrow and make Wednesday my next fast day. Nope the fiber hasn't done a thing yet. Hope it doesn't wake me up tonight :)

MauiKai
07-01-2014, 07:40 AM
MauiKai, are you in Hawaii? I'll bet the seafood there is better than here anyway. I miss living in Virginia where I could drive up to DC and go to the Wharf. YUM :)

I'm feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in. I hope I'm not setting myself up.

Not right now. We split our time between two locations. Typically to avoid winter! Haha

Sum38
07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Yesterday was almost successful; I broke down and had some summer sausage and peanut butter. Scale did move downwards though, which I am happy about.

Today I am shooting for 1200 calories and working out, hard, at the gym.

love2b150
07-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Wow MauiKai, that sounds great :) I wish I had that luxury :) good for you :)

Sum yay for downward movement :high:

My son told me he reached a new low today of 242.6 so he is coming down nicely with football. For our challenge we have decided to extend it to Sept 1st. His goal is 227 and mine is 144. Ladies to see the 140's I would shout like nobody has ever heard. :)

nonameslob
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
MauiKaiI can't imagine there would ever be winter in Hawaii :P Where are you the other half of the time?

Sum Oh boy, summer sausage...I love it, too! Hope you have a good day today and a great workout.

Rennie Good for him! What was his starting weight? It's so awesome that you can work towards your goals together. 144 by September is totally doable, just keep it up!

I'm really struggling planning meals this week. I might just wing it at the grocery store tonight. I forgot I have off Friday and we have a BBQ to go to (pending the weather, ugh, let's hope this tropical storm doesn't hit us as a hurricane!). I should really pick up some healthier options to have on hand for the weekend. It's just too hot to cook.

love2b150
07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
noname his highest he said, "... was 252 and lowest was 189 in 8th grade while he was wrestling ... gained like 60lbs since moving here almost two years ago" I would only need to lose 1.5lbs a week to attain this goal. Our first weigh in is Monday so we've got to be good :) I need the loss I had last night to happen by then ;). Please do post your menu, I need idea's :) I printed the others off. There is a possibility that we may get that storm by Friday also. I sure hope not. :crossed: for all of us.

nonameslob
07-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Here's what I'm thinking so far menu wise...
Tonight: Shrimp with pesto and pasta (zoodles for me)
Weds: Chicken curry with rice
Thurs: (fast day) Shrimp or chicken pad thai (zoodles instead of noodles for me)
Friday:????? (may not have to cook if we go to the bbq, but should have a backup plan in case the bf gets called into work)

So uninspired this week!

love2b150
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I really need to get one of those zoodles gadgets :)

nonameslob
07-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I just use a julienne peeler that I got on amazon.

Today was not great. I definitely over ate. I was so hungry today! I had lunch early, then some figs, then A handful of chips someone brought to work. A snack At The grocery store, a snack when I got home, dinner, so on...grrrr! So tomorrow will be another normal day and I'll fast Thursday. I think if I fasted tomorrow I would fail.

Hope everyone else had a better day than me! Tomorrow is a new day. In reality I probably at at maintenance but I try to eat at a deficit during the week so I can splurge on the weekend...

love2b150
07-01-2014, 11:20 PM
I saw one in some store I was in just laying out of place at the register (bothers me) :dizzy: and I started to buy it, not sure why I didn't. But I will the next time. Hoping tomorrow is a better eating day for you :crossed:

nonameslob
07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Rennie, I really like the one I got from Amazon and it's a small company (or so they told me when I didn't give a very positive review the first time, because I couldn't get it clean). I couldn't find the name earlier. Search for "Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler - Precision Kitchenware". The regular side of the peeler is SUPER SHARP. And it actually cleans up really easily with a toothbrush. Thank goodness customer service told me that or I would have thrown it out LOL

Today should be better. I packed zero snacks and I WILL NOT eat any of those gosh darn potato chips that are downstairs in this office! I have my smoothie for lunch (extra tasty with watermelon in it!). I have chicken curry in the crock pot for when I get home, and I'll be going to the gym tonight so there shouldn't be time for me to snack on things...I was up .4 today because of my overeating yesterday. I really want to see the 193s this week so gotta focus, even on non-fast days!

love2b150
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks noname I'll check it out :) Your plan for today sounds great :)

I am fasting today, so let's hope I stick to my plan on MFP :crossed:

Sum38
07-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Fast day for me... as long as I won't pig out tonight; day has been a successful one. Now the hard hours start. I think I am going to wait to eat dinner as late as I can. It is 5:30 pm and I am not overly hungry yet. So if I were to make till 7:30, maybe that would keep my evening eating in check.

Volunteered all day, and today was a pleasant day. There has been many unpleasant days lately. I was seriously thinking about stepping down from my chair position.

I also had my microneeling appointment; and I look so horrible right now. I look all sunburned. It takes 2-3 days before the swelling and redness goes down. BUT I swear my skin is looking MUCH better. My eyes have lost their fine lines and over all my skin looks plumper. -- it is a painful treatment though. I had tears in my eyes, even after the numbing cream. Forehead and around the lips are the most sensitive areas. -- I hope this will work :D

Noname I hope your day was better today! Chicken curry sounds delish! I haven't made curry in a long time, I really should make it this weekend :drool: -- Did you stay away from the chips?

Rennie How did your fast day go?

nonameslob
07-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Sum How did you manage at night last night? Will that be two successful fasts for the week? :) I'm glad volunteering was pleasant - hopefully it stays that way!

I did very well yesterday. Stuck to my plan (no chips!), except I did have a little watermelon about 20 minutes outside of my eating window but that's okay ;) Killed it at the gym again! I'm impressed with how quickly I'm bumping up weights and reps in my strength program. Scale rewarded me and I got to see the 193s :D Tomorrow should be even better because today is a fasting day. Might go out with a friend tonight to see my brother's band, so I just need to avoid drinking and I'll be okay. Then it's a long holiday weekend!

love2b150
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Sum, Glad your volunteer day went well :) I hope some of the redness and swelling goes away sooner for you :hug: My day went ok. It was a really off plan day in the afternoon but I was busy and moving before church so that was good. While out with the kids I had a Pelican Snoball and a cone from McDonald's not fast day appropriate and certainly no nutrients. I also only drank 28ozs of water yesterday, so not good. I got pizza for the kids after church and boy did it smell good but I resisted. I did eat two this morning after cutting the crust really thin so less bread. ;) and I've already had 24ozs of water. My son and I are going to Duke Univ to walk so that should kick the pizza to the curb ;) and I will definitely get my water in out there in the heat ;)

great job noname :high: ... no drinking tonight so you can see 192 tomorrow :D

I'm down .8 to 158.2 but like I said I didn't eat very well yesterday so it may just be a fluke.

Sum38
07-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I did not do well at night, again... Can't just get OP. A 3FC's friend Zumba told me that I was so focused on losing 30 pounds before this... So I am baffled that I can not get myself straight! I only really want to lose 10 pounds and then re-evaluate the situation.... Well today is a new day.

My trip just gets closer by the day, and I feel like I have wasted so much time already bouncing between 136 and 145... this morning I was 143.6.

I skipped bfast, and I will be having grilled chicken salad for lunch. But dinner will be a problem; we will be at fireworks and I will have all sorts of snacky goodies with me. I hope that I can maybe have a tuna wrap at home and stay away from the junk.

I look "sunburned" today. I think I can hide the redness with make up.

nonameslob
07-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Rennie oh goodness, I hadn't even though it a possibility to see 192 tomorrow! That would be awesome. Good job on your water so far today - let's just keep drinking and drinking! Sounds like you did better than you thought since you had a drop. Keep it up :)

Oh no Sum :( Maybe it is time to rethink your plan? How long have you been doing 5:2 and what percentage of the time do you find you've been successful? Maybe you would be better off trying something like Fast Five? It seems like maybe you get so hungry on a fasting day that you just give in and overeat? Just some thoughts. I want to see you succeed! Have some fun tonight for the fireworks :)

Quite hungry today. I've already had 2 liters of water to try to quiet my stomach and it's just after noon. Really looking forward to dinner tonight, it's one of my favorites - chicken sauteed with spinach, zucchini, garlic and onion, topped with some feta cheese and plenty of hot sauce. It's always been my favorite except I used to make it with TONS of pasta and way too much feta. I find I like it almost as much without the pasta and I can make it at under 500 calories. There's plenty of leftovers for the bf so I don't have to worry about cooking something that both of us will eat.

jayavery
07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Ladies I have been reading your posts. And I can say for me: IF WORKS. I make a variation of my own plan while incorporating the ideal and tools of the plan. I LOVE TO EAT. And I believe I am battling an addiction. It's chocolate right now. And it's new! I have always loved chocolate and it's my favorite flavor but the last 2 weeks has been like kicking a drug for me at least. Anyway...Hubby and I are out every weekend. As I cook real meals for him all week (he works hard) I take Sat Nights off from cooking and we eat out. Sunday's as well but lighter. So I do a 4/3 plan. I fast M-W-F and do my 500 calories at dinner so going a full 24 hours. I started this the last 20-25lbs of dieting as I did WW's for my first 100lbs then some calorie counting for about a month and then just transitioned into 4/3. I use this plan to maintain my weight as I mentioned...On weekends I eat. And it's not good but it's my lifestyle and I am happy with it. We eat pub food (bar food mostly) every weekend. I will have appetizer, main-Burgers-Wings and Fries or Onion Rings, an alcoholic drink or diet soda (I can't get back to full sugar soda's. Too sweet) and I will have a dessert. Because of my issues w/ chocolate lately and some recent stress with moving, family and work I have turned my attention to a couple of binges while standing at the snack cupboard (A whole new post at a later time) I also was working out up to June 1st as we moved and my activity level working on this house soared so I was burning off the cal's but not working out. I need to get back into it. However....I have not gained anything with my weekends, my binge indiscretions and lack of work outs. It may creep up on me but with my fitbit and schedule I am maintaining and enjoying my lifestyle. If an event or party or something comes up I can easily adjust. Yesterday we had a company BBQ for the 4th and I switched up to a Sun-Tues-Thurs fast. This all about paying attention Ladies and some planning. We can feel normal and eat like our "friends who never gain" most the time and feel good about ourselves and our hard work to this point. I lost over 50% of myself. 130lbs. I ain't going back and this now is working :)

love2b150
07-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Sum maybe if you don't think of it as 10lbs more and just say I have five lbs to go. I don't know who I was talking to on here but when they said that to me with regards to wanting to get to 150-155 so bad it just made since. If I try to think of it as just getting to the next 5 or 0 of the closes number it's not so bad. So focus on getting to 140, to it not passed it just yet and it may mentally make it a tad better, idk, just a thought :hug: You've made suggestions that have helped me so Ms. Lady take some of your advice. :hug: Your trip is in Sept right. Join my son and I on the 15lbs. It's 1.5 a week I think (according to the weigh in chart we made) some of the weeks may have two weigh ins because of when the first of the month falls. But still 8 weeks is 12lbs at 1.5 a week :) boy wouldn't I love to do that and you can to :)

Thanks noname :) it is so doable for you and I sure hope you see it and are in a new decade by next Friday :crossed: My issue with yesterday is the calories/carbs were mindless and without nutrition. And honestly by last night I was starving) mentally of course. But I could have eaten anything. But I am so proud of myself for not taking the meat off of my daughters pizza. She will usually take the meat off the slices of the meat pizza after the cheese pizza is gone and give it to me and she did offer but I said nope put it in the box :) I honestly think that doing this with my son is gonna make it happen for me. There are a few ladies on my daily weigh in thread doing this with me/us. I'm excited. I love doing 5:2 with you and Sum when I can keep my head on straight :)

jayavery :welcome: to the thread and thank you for your post. :) ... :congrat: on your weight loss, WOW you've done great. How long have you been on your journey? Would you mind posting a few menu's for the week? How many calories do you eat on a regular/up day? And what do you eat on your fast day? Are you able to keep it at 500 calories?

jayavery
07-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Sum maybe if you don't think of it as 10lbs more and just say I have five lbs to go. I don't know who I was talking to on here but when they said that to me with regards to wanting to get to 150-155 so bad it just made since. If I try to think of it as just getting to the next 5 or 0 of the closes number it's not so bad. So focus on getting to 140, to it not passed it just yet and it may mentally make it a tad better, idk, just a thought :hug: You've made suggestions that have helped me so Ms. Lady take some of your advice. :hug: Your trip is in Sept right. Join my son and I on the 15lbs. It's 1.5 a week I think (according to the weigh in chart we made) some of the weeks may have two weigh ins because of when the first of the month falls. But still 8 weeks is 12lbs at 1.5 a week :) boy wouldn't I love to do that and you can to :)

Thanks noname :) it is so doable for you and I sure hope you see it and are in a new decade by next Friday :crossed: My issue with yesterday is the calories/carbs were mindless and without nutrition. And honestly by last night I was starving) mentally of course. But I could have eaten anything. But I am so proud of myself for not taking the meat off of my daughters pizza. She will usually take the meat off the slices of the meat pizza after the cheese pizza is gone and give it to me and she did offer but I said nope put it in the box :) I honestly think that doing this with my son is gonna make it happen for me. There are a few ladies on my daily weigh in thread doing this with me/us. I'm excited. I love doing 5:2 with you and Sum when I can keep my head on straight :)

jayavery :welcome: to the thread and thank you for your post. :) ... :congrat: on your weight loss, WOW you've done great. How long have you been on your journey? Would you mind posting a few menu's for the week? How many calories do you eat on a regular/up day? And what do you eat on your fast day? Are you able to keep it at 500 calories?

No Problem. Some are going to scoff and say I eat too little and not the right foods but it works for me and allows me my weekend freedom's. On my up days of Tuesday and Thursday usually I eat for BK: 2 "I can't believe it's not butter" toast w/ Coffee and 2 Mini Moo's for creamer w/ Splenda. Lunch is usually a deli sandwich I make at home w/ FF cheese and Pop Chips. These chips are baked and not fried so the calories are only about 90 per bag. For dinner as I cook for hubby and this goes for the 500 calorie days and the up days, I eat what he eats only smaller portion's. 4-6 oz of meat. Chicken, Steak or Pork. With the exception of Hamburgers out we don't really eat beef at home aside from the occasional steak. And that is mostly a summer grill thing. As a side it's either a baked potato with FF butter and sour cream and or cheese or a side romaine salad. On 500 calorie days (500-550) I skip BK and Lunch. I average about 1200 Cal's on the up days as my maintenance calories for my height and weight are (depending on what web site) are 1256 to 1500 calories a day. I don't eat or care for fruits and vegetables I am afraid so I eat a lot of the same things because my tastes don't vary much and it's easier. I started my journey Jan 1st 2013 and reached my goal of 135 March 1st 2014. I got a bit obsessed and continued until 120 and now I play with 120-125. I have been as low as 117 but at 125 people were making jokes that I needed to eat or that I was too skinny. I am medium frame so I can look 10-15lbs lighter. Please note this is how I eat and it fits in my lifestyle. I am aware it's not of textbook health standards. However my Osteoarthritis has disappeared. My BP has decreased from the 150's to about 108/71 now. My resting heart rate is of an "athlete" of 52 and my physical checks out healthier than when I was 20. However....Someone who follows a 5:2 Plan or even a 4:3 plan with healthier choices and protein I believe would be able to lose and maintain for a lifetime and reap the health rewards easily.

love2b150
07-03-2014, 11:10 PM
jayavery, I too eat about the same as you. Though I like a ton of veggies. Some days are just lower than they should be but I am content. And fast days I can't seem to stay within range either. I am just having a hard time finding the correct balance. How many carbs are in the pop chips? I bought some sweet potato and beet chips today, 16 carbs, 160 cal, 10g sodium for 15 chips. I have to watch carbs due to diabetes. I'm happy for you. You have done wonderfully IMO on this journey. You found what works for you and you worked it, GO YOU :high:

love2b150
07-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Happy 4th :)

new low today 157.2

nonameslob
07-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Welcome jajavery! I'm so glad this is working for you. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story :)

Rennie, great job this week! Looks like you are well on your way to beat your challenge.

192 this morning. I was shocked! 4.4 pounds this week. I would guess half of that was water weight since i was 194 before vacation, but even two pounds in a week is high for me. Now, to enjoy the weekend without completely undoing the hard work :) happy fourth!

Sum38
07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Happy 4th to all!! Any big plans?

jajavery Welcome!! It is nice to read all the success stories.

Noname woot on your 4+ pound loss, that is awesome!!

Rennie A new low!!! How exciting for you! :hug: Your little cometition is working.

Sum38
07-04-2014, 10:10 AM
No plans for us for the 4th. We live almost in downtown in our community, so we will walk down to watch the fireworks. We did that last year and it was fun. Everybody was out.

I lost 1.2 pounds last week. Better a loss than a gain. I wanted to be at or below 140 today , but it did not happen. Noname I eat at night out of boredom. Even after fast days I am usually pretty full after dinner, but then the boredom kicks in....

So this week's goal is to stop all snacking. Or have my nightly popsicle and that's it. Goal is to get to 139 by next Friday. A long term goal is to lose 11.8 pounds before September 5th, my trip to Finland.

I will prolly start working out at nights too...that usually keeps my hunger away.

Next week I need to find an apartment for my son, he did not get into the dorms. He is kinda excited over the apartment anyways... I am not getting anything fancy. He is a college kids. He will be sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with two other boys. -- Funny thing.. he will start college and a day later we are off to our vacation. Talk about kicking your kid out :D :D

Again happy Fourth Ladies, stay safe!

Sum38
07-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Happy to report that I stayed OP yesterday!! Once I get a day or two OP days behind me, it will get easier...just cutting the binge cycle is hard.

I still not get below 140...I was 140 exact :D Tomorrow will be the day.

Today is a normal eating day.

Meals
B - nuts and seeds, Greek yogurt
L - Grilled chicken salad
D - ahi tuna, asparagus, salad
S - TBD

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk; 65-70 min
4.9 mile treadmill; 65 min
weights; 45 min

love2b150
07-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks noname :) I sure hope so though I ate completely off plan yesterday afternoon and had an up on the scale this morning :) I've been OP today :) ... :woohoo: on 4.4lbs down in a week, my goodness I'd be overly excited :) GO YOU :high: I'm hoping not to undo my work either ... I've got to have a good weigh in Monday or I will kick myself :D

Thanks Sum to beat my competitive son is definitely gonna be worth it ;) He is very very competitive. It certainly means I will have to bring my all to even come close to winning :) Aw that's funny how timing is working for you all with college and vacation. But it's a good funny :) What kind of Popsicle do you eat at night. Yay for staying OP yesterday :high:

Today I have had

B ~ low carb tortilla toasted w/ grass fed garlic and herb butter, one egg w/cheese
S ~ small piece of the kids cookie type brownie and a bit of a pistachio cupcake (don't know how to add this up)
L ~ none
D ~ grapefruit, grapes and watermelon (I had planned a taco dinner but every one is full from fruit) so taco dinner tomorrow

So I guess this is a low day since I don't know how to add the junk in. I was going to do a fast tomorrow. But that hasn't worked for me in the past so I will probably have a shake before church so my stomach isn't grumbling, a salad for lunch and tilapia and broccoli w/ cheese for dinner :) I need to add that up to make sure it's not too low.

MauiKai
07-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Been stuck around 170 for what seems like aaaaaaages. I've just been away from home and thus my scale and easy to make good foods. I didn't do too badly eating while away but I am about to bite my nails to the beds over what the scale will say about that tomorrow.

love2b150
07-05-2014, 09:51 PM
MauiKai, don't do that :hug: just use tomorrow as a new start if you don't see what you would like :) I'm hoping for a good number for you :crossed:

MauiKai
07-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Well it worked out ok I guess, no change, still exactly 170.0.

Sum38
07-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Woot! Woot! Under 140! :dance: If I can keep this mojo going, I will do great this month. I do feel very motivated.

Today's plan:

Meals
B -- Green Tea
L -- Fruit smoothie w/protein
D -- Pesto chicken, rice, veggie
S -- Popsicle

Exercise
3.5 mile treadmill walk -- 45 min
4.7 mile pup walk -- 75 min

Weight
Down 1.6 lbs :goodscale

Sum38
07-06-2014, 10:41 AM
MauiKai Your scale needs a good kick in its butt! :kickbutt: Drink tons of water today. What's you plan for today?

Rennie Are you fasting today?

MauiKai
07-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Fasting day. Fruit veg smoothie for breakfast, no lunch, unless I get desperate and maybe then a greek yogurt. Dinner will be veggies and turkey tonight I think.

Sum38
07-06-2014, 12:57 PM
That sounds yummy. The fasting gets easier, more you do it. And a day after a fast I am usually not hungry at all.

I think I am going to change my fasting days again to Sun and Thr. Better spaced out. I fasted on Wed and now it feels like it has been ages since my fast day. The only bummer is; those days are really easy days to fast because of me being away from home....decisions, decisions... maybe I do Mon and Thr.... talking to myself here ...:rofl:

love2b150
07-06-2014, 02:04 PM
MauiKai, glad the scale didn't go up so you maintained, well done :)

Sum that originally was my plan then I made tacos for dinner last night. Boy did I want one. So today after church I made a nice taco salad, 840 calories, 56 carbs, 41 protein. I put beans in it, I didn't finish it all and I am stuffed. So no fasting today :) Hopefully I have eaten early enough that it won't have an impact on the scale :crossed:

I am back down .6 to 157.6

nonameslob
07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Sum so proud of you! Hoping the scale stays in the 130s for you.

Mauikai its actually quite fantastic you maintained while away. Hoping your fast went well and will kick you out of the 170s

I don't know how anyone fasts on a weekend! I've been enjoying myself and food and beer this weekend but I am looking forward to a fast tomorrow. I had heartburn for the first time in almost a year. This diet made it go away. I don't know if it was the break or something I ate this weekend but I really hope it doesn't happen again. One month until my one year anniversary with 5:2. Love this way of eating.

Sum38
07-07-2014, 06:44 AM
nonameslob Have you lost the entire 40 pounds on this plan?

Rennie I hope you had another whoosh and saw 156.x :)

MauiKai How did the fast day go?

Sum38
07-07-2014, 06:54 AM
FAST DAY!! I have been looking forward to it :D

I have lost a lot of bloat this past week; around 5 pounds, so I am not expecting any large losses after a fast day; I think now I have lost all the bloat and now the fat burning starts. I am giddy at I am back to the 130's! Hopefully I will stay OP ( I do feel super motivated) and lose 2 pounds this week! Oh how fabulous it would be to see 134.8 on that scale!!

It rained all night and is still drizzling, I won't be walking the pup this morning. Plus we did a late night walk last night, and she has not recovered from it yet; hard to be nearly a 10 year old dog that gets walked 5 miles per day :) So after my volunteer gig at the hospital, we'll do another evening walk. No other exercise planned for today.

Plan:

Meals
B -- Green Tea/Fast
L -- Coffee w/cream/Fast
D -- Porkloin, roasted potatoes, asparagus and salad

Exercise
4.7 mile pup walk

Weight
Down 0.8 lbs :goodscale

MauiKai
07-07-2014, 07:18 AM
I am completely disgusted. 170.0 again today.

Fast day went fine. How can I be so stuck at this heinous weight? I am so sick of seeing 170 on the scale. I am eating below maintenance yet somehow I seem to be defying nature and not losing any weight. Seriously I am ready to scream. I can't keep doing this. I even checked on a different scale to see if my scale was wonky but nope, 170 on the other scale too.

Sum38
07-07-2014, 07:36 AM
That just SUCKS, MauiKai! Are you drinking enough? -- Or have you seen a doctor about your thyroid? One out every 4 women have a thyroid problem.... You should have lost at least a little!! Or was your day carb rich? If I eat carbs, no matter how low my calories are, I either maintain or gain. It acts like a sponge; hangs onto water.

I am so sorry :hug:

MauiKai
07-07-2014, 08:29 AM
My thyroid is fine and I can't drink any more. I only had fruit/veg smoothie and some leftover chili yesterday.

MauiKai
07-07-2014, 08:40 AM
In desperation I forced my scale to recalibrate. It told me I weigh 159.6. Um, no. I SO wish, but no.
So I recalibrated it and now it claims 169.6 which is better.

I am so upset over this that I could puke. Seriously. I think I finally understand how a person could get desperate enough to turn to diet pills or whatnot. I don't need the scale to make big jumps, but geez, even a few tenths of a pound down would be appreciated.

Sum38
07-07-2014, 08:43 AM
I hope that The Whoosh Fairy will visit you soon, MauiKai! You are due to some serious whoosh. Are you working out a lot? Building muscle?

MauiKai
07-07-2014, 08:45 AM
No, it is definitely not muscle. At least if that were the case my clothes would fit better.