South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's HUMP DAY! SBD Chat for 5/14

Happy Wednesday! We've made it halfway through the week!

I have a normal morning, but it gets crazy this afternoon with 2 separate dentist appointments for the girls, then getting them to riding practice while I dash home to change and grab a bite to eat, then meeting up with everyone back at the farm in time to go to Audrey's orchestra concert. On second though, maybe I should just take a change of clothes with me. Hmmmmm.

I need more coffee.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I vote for taking your clothes with you! Sounds like a ca-razy day, but you're half way thru your work week!

I actually did part running this morning - it was an absolutely gorgeous morning, the cool (but humid) air felt so good. Since I haven't been running much, I walk, ran, walk, ran, etc. Hopefully I can slowly work up in distance again. I do miss my Reesie Pup for this....Emma Jean is a good dog, but a good running companion she is not. She is WAY more interested in rabbits and smells!

Today is an off-plan kinda day...it's my make up birthday dinner...crab legs!! But, I get some amazing rosemary bread as well. I'll throw in a hearty salad and corn on the cob, so it definately could be worse!

Have a great day chicks!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beachers I am committing to getting back in here in the mornings. Today is my back to work day after our team's celebratory week off. I need to go back to work to rest! There's just so much to get done around here it's hard to take it easy.
Oh, and I work two days this week because I'm sticking with my 80% schedule then one day next week before heading to Maine for spring vacation. Guess I can't complain

Sleep has been challenging lately. Our little dog's breathing issues are definitely getting worse and she has a very hard time at night. I wish she understood that sleeping on her side makes things worse. Instead she insists on sprawling sideways and conks out but her breathing keeps us up worrying. I think she has some spring allergies which just makes things worse but soon it will be hot and that's tough for her too, poor little bug. I ended up waking her and shifting her twice last night. Now she is sleeping in (peacefully) and I'm exhausted. Not a great way to jump back into work

Time to get to work now
Old 05-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Poor Cricket. Is that a common problem with Brussels Griffons? I've discovered that my Jazz snores, not loudly.

Darn power went off in the night! I do have a generator but it's not an easy start so I waited for daylight - coffeeless! I don't have a coffee pot or even real coffee so could not use the BBQ to ease my pain.

The student hires are working well and I am slowly, slowly getting their paperwork and registrations done. Today we are planning a tour of the area so they can tell tourists what is available around here. We're up in the air about whether or not we can serve food in our cafe - just snacks and coffee - because the health Inspector needs to test our water. We open on Saturday. Somehow I'm glad I'm not going to be around. I'm taking some time off!

Time to get showered - no power = no water when you are on a well - and tackle the day.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Cyndi maybe an AC unit in the bedroom might help your little pups breathing woes. Hope she feels better soon.

Tammy I can't even get my lazy pups to walk around the block. Mick must have a bladder the size of Montana. He stops every five feet to sprinkle. Enjoy your crab legs.

Linda take the clothes with you. My goodness you have a hectic day.

Maybe today I will get my prep/cooking done. Grocery shopping is an absolute must. DS kept me up way too late. His allergies are kicking his butt this spring. I almost came down stairs as I couldn't take all the sniffling. Now of course he will be late for school.

Thanks for all the compliments for completing the bike ride. I wish I could put my emotions into words. It is truly a humbling experience to say the least. Guess I better start training for next yesr's ride

Time to make my to do lists. Back to work tomorrow
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth I'll come up and start your generator. Coffee is a must!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Wow!

Twynn - Enjoy. I admit to already planning my birthday "treats."

Not much happening here. I've got several days of work in a row after being off for a while. Eating has been good; recovering from Mother's Day desserts (although both meals I managed to stay OP). Still not doing any cardio thanks to whatever is going on with my hip an leg. My theory is that I've been walking differently for a year to compensate for my foot injury. I'm trying to stretch more but have never done much of that on my own. Missing yoga! I have two very active trips coming up and need to get myself ready. Sigh.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage I would take change of clothes

Tywnn enjoy your belated bd dinner

Cyndi poor Cricket and exhausted momma

Ruth hope you get some coffee soon today

Jekel I need to go grocery shopping myself today.

I passed my test yesterday so was very excited to get that done. DD1 passed her final so she is on to next semester for nursing getting closer to completing.

Today lots of meetings and then I am running DD2 saxophone back to music shop and stopping for groceries and then she has Dare Graduation tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone~

Cyndi, sending special hugs to you, DH, and Cricket! Hope the lil one feels better soon which will help everyone else feel better, too~

Stress abounds and I find myself constantly reminding myself of my successful dieting skills which become stronger every day I practice them. Yesterday was an off plan day, which I actually "planned" and executed. It was well thought out and did not include any junk food, candy, fast food, or fried food. I simply took my food choices upstairs to the bedroom and read and surfed while DH watched his favorite crabbers from Alaska.

Today I'm back on track with my smoothie and I'm going to take myself to lunch in Denver (yes I'm solo) as I take the pup to his cute and very intelligent Veterinary Cardiologist. She brings tears to my eyes...she looks/dresses like she is 20 and she takes such great care of our pup. I am blessed.

I haven't had time to decide where to lunch-it will be after the pup's appointment. I had so many other things to do on my 1st day off but it was spent writing up paperwork to deliver to our new tenants (from Feb.1) who are growing pot in a bedroom of the rental unit in a pretty big (and unsafe) manner, even though their lease prohibits it. (Yay me!) I don't like confrontation so credit for walking myself through the steps, which were much more reasonable than my mom's solution, which was to send in the troopers and have them forcibly removed. LOL.

OK, now I have to breathe and let that go and find some non-obsessive enjoyment in my day.

I still feel very stressed but am grateful that is done. They have 7 days to remedy or vacate.

Jennifer, welcome home and I had to chuckle at needing to start training for next year. Yay!

Twynn, perhaps you need a second pup, one that likes to run~ I must admit I wish I had a second pup right now....I kind of sort of keep looking but my big thing is that while my mom loves watching cute lil Bing, I do not think she wants to watch a bigger dog, too.

everyone else!