Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 3 (05/12-05/18)

Nightkatt
05-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Here we are people ... Im sure Rated will be with us soon with our results from last week ..

I was happy to have a bit of a loss this week .. still havent recovered the add on from the week before .. but most of it is better than nothing :)

Following doctors orders of trying to stick to no more than 1 pound a week is hard because the competitive part of me just wants to keep pushing to the limit, but I have noticed reactions when i do revert to old habits for my weight loss which saw me losing 2-4 a week .. so will behave for now and just try to be consistent :)

How was every elses Mothers Day?? I had a lovely quiet morning before I went to work lol .. but got a nice text from my daughter & grandkids wishing me a good day :)

Nightkatt
05-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Also just wanted to add Im not sure how to BOLD the title .. any help appreciated :)

nlauah
05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
I am feeling terrible that I missed the weigh in last week.. I end up using a freebie.. Will stay on top of it from now on and will try not miss them.. I did have a loss though

MissSMcC
05-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Well chicks it a brand new week! What will we all be doing to make this the best week ever? I am going to stay within my calories, and also do some form of exercise every day, even if it's just a stroll round the block something is better than nothing, which is what I currently do :lol:
I am just finished work, have had breakfast and lunch and prelogged all the rest of my food for today, am about to go mow the grass which always gets me sweating. Happy Monday everyone!

kris2008
05-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone! Yes, it's the start of week 3. I made a pot of soup last night and froze individual portions, so I am ready for lunch for weeks! It is easiest for me if I just eat similar food for breakfast and lunch - I'm used to it and look forward to it! I have my yogurt/pumpkin/spinach/flaxseed/berry smoothee in the morning, vegetable/bean/chicken soup and fruit at lunch, and I try to mix it up at dinner. So much easier for me to not make decisions, especially when I'm hungry.

Have a successful week!

Novus
05-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Holy crap....the Blue Team Biggest Loser for this week lost 8.3 pounds! I think that's more than our whole team combined. :dizzy:

Hope everyone is focused and energized and committed for the new week! Go Team Red! :cheer2:

MissSMcC
05-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Kris that soup sounds yum! I eat soup pretty much every day, I love that it's so filling for so few calories.
Novus yeah I saw someone in the blue team lost over 8lbs, that's crazy well done to her! I have been looking at your nutrition posts, your meals sound amazing!
I was browsing YouTube for exercise videos as I am determined to do some kind of exercise every day, so if it's a rainy day I will have no excuses. I tried out a walking at home video by Leslie Sansone, thinking it would be easy but it was quite tough! Just shows how unfit I am :lol:

Rated
05-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Red Team:

Total Lost: -7.3 lbs (-0.26%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: Rated (-2.3 lbs, -1.42%)

Honourable Mentions:

kris2008 (-1.8 lbs, -1.16%)
Novus (-1.8 lbs, -1.03%)
Sorry for the delay in the results I was waiting for Bigmid to clarify some of the calculations since Freebies were used again this week

Have a great Week 3!

Nightkatt
05-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Well done Rated, Kris & Novus :) Great job you three and good job to everyone else too.

I have been trying to get back into exercise but with my new job I just have no energy left and my treadmill is looking accusingly at me when I dare to open the door to that room lol ... but on the plus side with my new role I am on my feet all day and lifting, moving and just non-stop most of the day so hopefully that will make some sort of impact this week :)

I had 2 attacks yesterday so nervous about eating anything again .. first one was after my usual breakfast .. and the second one was near midnight .. we had had Chinese for dinner and I had exactly the same as I had last week with no effect then .. so its still trial and error .. but Im going to to try something new with beet root and hope that helps. Just had a long day (7am-330pm without a break and on my feet rushing round the whole day lol) .. so a little tired and now just relaxing at Starbucks with a coffee waiting til my hunny can pick me up and we can head home :)

Hope everyone else is having a good start of the week .. oh and KRIS ... what goes into your soup?? I made up a big pot of chicken/corn soup with barley last week and froze a bunch for me .. made beef/mushroom soup for my hunny ... and as we are heading into winter Im always interested in those "comfort" meals that others have :)

MissSMcC
05-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Well done Rated, Kris and Novus!
I have finished work for the day, about to make pork and veggies for supper then I am going swimming, hoping the rain will stay away so I can leave the car behind and walk to the pool and back. It's ladies only at the pool this evening which I feel a bit more comfortable with, no guys or screaming kids :lol:

Nightkatt
05-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Morning friends :) How are we today .. its a rainy Wednesday in NZ but there is something wonderful about sitting in Starbucks having a coffee waiting to go to work on a miserable weather day lol .. the comfort of the smell of coffee and the cosy atmosphere .. yup .. love this about autumn/winter season :)
I tried a new juice mix last night with my infrequently used juicer .. something to help my liver I hope and reduce my attacks .. beetroot, carrot, silver beet (couldn't find any kale :( ) & an apple .. I might try peeling the beetroot tonight rather than just scrubbing cos it was a little earthy in taste .. still tasted good though and will add a little lemon tonight too :)
Busy day at work planned I think, time to review the new layout of the store and finish tidying the mixed racks of clothes which aren't in the new promo .. good to keep busy though, makes the day go faster .. but will be trying to take a break today as the 7-330 I did yesterday without a break was a little tiring lol. Must be out of practice cos I used to do that all the time :)
Have a great Wednesday all .. or Tuesday ;)

MissSMcC
05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Just back from swimming, I walked there and back as well and boy I am sore :lol:
When I was about to get out of the pool I thought 'wow I'm not even that tired', then I went to climb the steps to get out the pool and my legs were so heavy I could hardly get out! Glad I'm on a short work day tomorrow, I have a feeling I will be in pain!

Lori Ann
05-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Hi! I missed weighing in.....my alarm went off that I set so I wouldn't forget and when it went off i said "why did i set this"? LOL!

Novus
05-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Congrats to this week's losers! :cp:

Nightkatt - Hope you get your medical issues cleared up. That sounds pretty awful. :( Also, get on that treadmill even when you don't feel like it. You'll be surprised at wonderful it feels once you get started. :)

MissSMcC - Good on you for all that exercise! You go, girl! :broc:

For those of you who are missing weigh-ins....maybe try posting on Saturday instead of waiting until the last minute? It's so easy for something to come up to keep you away from the computer, or to forget, or whatever. If you plan to do it on Saturday, you've still got hours to do it if, for whatever reason, you don't get to it then.

Novus...I have been looking at your nutrition posts, your meals sound amazing!

:thanks: Meal planning and cooking has become of form of self-care/self-love for me, and the journey to get there has been awesome and incredible!

MissSMcC
05-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Hey everyone, happy Wednesday!
How is everyone's day and week going so far? I am still on track this week to meet my target of doing some exercise every day, just went for a walk this evening. Was looking at my calendar, it's exactly 7 weeks until we go to Greece, can't wait! Which reminds me, I will need to use my 2 freebies as we are away for a fortnight, it will be on the 6th and 13th July weigh ins.

dangerouscurves76
05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Hi all! :wave:

Can't believe how fast this week seems to be flying by. I've been fighting off a cold since Monday. Taking extra vitamin c, eating tons of soup and napping in the evening before popping up and completing my p.m. workout. Thank goodness for this challenge! Otherwise, I would be on the couch throwing myself a pity party. :snooty: Two weeks of feeling bad is just unfair.

So far this week, I've managed to increase my water intake, stay away from red wine, prep most of my meals and stop eating by 9-9:30. Next on my goal list is to add a couple treadmill runs to my workout program. Guess it's time to stop stalling. Get dressed and go tackle the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day! GO RED TEAM!

Nightkatt
05-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Morning everyone .. Happy FRIDAY!! End of the week and yep .. don't know where the week went but it flew ... mind you .. I am still shocked we are already in May .. Im sure I missed a month or two already this year!!
Really happy with my weigh in this week .. thankful that I have recovered from my first week disaster and am back on track. Its been a rough week health wise which makes it hard for me to stick to anything and I know the doc won't be happy with my loss this week as he doesn't really want me losing any more than half a pound a week .. or a pound at a push ... so will just wear something a little heavier or keep my phone in my pocket when I get on his scales lol ..

So how has everyones week gone? Are we all happy with our choices this week??

DANGEROUS - poor you being unwell for so long .. definitely doesn't seem fair .. is it the flu or a cold or a mix of the two?? I know that I have heard reports that this years flu virus is quite serious so they are encouraging everyone to get the vaccination, but I don't do things like that and really refuse to get sick with it lol .. seemed to have worked every year so far other than a little laryngitis multiple times a year and now my other issues Im healthy as a horse lol. So keep warm, good on you for sticking to your workout .. cripes its hard enough for me to do any exercise without being sick so totally in awe of you :)

Chilling at Starbucks with my coffee before work and using a little of the free wifi which is almost out of time so better get going lol .. Hugs all and have a FREAKY FRIDAY .. wherever you are .. when you get to it ;)

MissSMcC
05-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Well done Kat! I agree, this week, month and year are flying by.
Today was a good day, I had work then meetings, but used the time in between to go for a stroll for 20 mins, then when I came home I did another of those walking videos on YouTube. I know those videos might seem quite lame to a fitness fanatic but they are great for me as I don't always know what time my kid will get home, so at least I'm not out of the house. Tomorrow I am working morning and afternoon, then my kid is going to stay with a friend overnight so think in the evening I will go swimming again, and the weather looks like it will be fine so will walk there and back.

Novus
05-15-2014, 09:10 PM
I realized today at work that yesterday I dated everything APRIL. So, yeah, count me in with those who don't believe it's May. ;)

I'm both excited and worried about weigh-in tomorrow (which is my official weigh-in for the week). I've been exercising like a beast and I'm certain I'm losing inches because of how my pants are fitting differently. That doesn't always show up on the scale, though, because exercise does a weirdness to your body. But...fingers crossed.

All in all, it's been a grand week. Meals are yummy and on plan. I'm letting Jillian Michaels kick my @-$ doing 30 Day Shred. And I just feel marvelous. Now, if it would only stop raining :rain: I would be one very happy chick.

PS Sorry you've been ill DC. That sux. :(

MissSMcC
05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone, hope you're all having a great Friday. I had a crappy day at work, half my staff phoned in sick and I couldn't get cover for them, and it was so busy. I got home 2 hours later than I should have, and my diet was messed up because I had no time for a break. Pulled through though and stuck within my calories, actually had to make myself eat extra because I was only at 800 calories for the day. Wanted to be lazy in the evening and felt really down and tired, but forced myself out for a walk and a swim, and felt so much better because of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Novus - I get you on the looser clothes, mine are definitely looser and my body shape feels different, but the scale isn't really moving that fast. I have TOTM though so maybe that's why. I'm so impressed you are doing 30 day shred, I tried it and it nearly killed me, I couldn't walk for days :lol: I'm glad you are having a great week, hope the sun starts shining where you are and you'll be set.

Nearly weigh in day, go red team!

Novus
05-16-2014, 06:28 PM
First, the good: the scale didn't hate on me this morning. :D

And, then, the bad. Today was a very weird day foodwise. I was not hungry at all when I woke up. I'm usually such a hungry beast the refrigerator looks tasty. And just the thought of eating made me feel nauseated. I nibbled on some deli turkey, cheese, and kiwi...but I really did not want any food. Then I got called in to work, and since it was only a 4 hour shift, I didn't bother to take a lunch. By break, I was ravenous. Fortunately, there was a pile of free mini Clif protein bars in the breakroom so I ate one of those. Then after work I met up with a friend and he wanted to grab some lunch so I had a ginormous lettuce wrap burger with just about everything on it. :cbg: And a fancy coffee. :coffee: I don't think my numbers for the day are horrendous but...sheesh, so wildly off-plan (which is not like me).

And, then, more good. I stopped at Goodwill and bought 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans....in size 8! :yes: It's just about time to say goodbye to the 10s woohoo.

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Don't forget to weigh in this weekend.

kris2008
05-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone! Weigh-in tomorrow, here's the last stretch! Saturdays I always stay strictly to plan and get lots of exercise in. I don't know if it helps but it feels good!

Nightkatt - I missed hearing about what kind of attacks you have on occasion. What is wrong? For my soup I always put in some beans, tomatoes, onions, some kind of meat, whatever fresh veggies I have around, lots of garlic and spices.

MissSMcC - Good for you exercising after a long, tiring day! Usually if I don't exercise first thing in the morning, it doesn't get done. Only because I am so so lazy in the evening and just can't seem to get up. Yesterday, I finally got on the treadmill at 9 pm and got it done. Slept like a baby! I have to remember that.

Novus - Size 8! Yea!!!

Rated - Congratulations for winning for Red Team last week!

Now, on to the Nutrition thread to see what Novus ate this week.

kris2008
05-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Novus - You have such variety at each meal and day-to-day. Your body must be singing with health! Everything sounds really good but I don't know about sweet hummus with peanut butter, I'll guess I'll have to try it. I remember when sweet things in tart salads didn't sound good and they are so good!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Novus
05-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Novus - You have such variety at each meal and day-to-day. Your body must be singing with health! Everything sounds really good but I don't know about sweet hummus with peanut butter, I'll guess I'll have to try it. I remember when sweet things in tart salads didn't sound good and they are so good!! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Thanks for reading my food log. Knowing that you do makes it worth the time it takes to post it. :)

About the hummus. I took a whole batch of it with me to work one day (because I couldn't find the single-serving plastic container I usually put it in). The women I work with were curious about it so they sampled it.....and ate ALL of it. :lol: One of them kept exclaiming, "It tastes just like peanut butter fudge! OMG!" I love it because it has half the calories of peanut butter (90ish calories vs 200ish calories for 2 tablespoons) plus getting you're getting bonus bean nutrients.

About the variety. I need a lot of different flavors and textures at a meal to be satisfied. I also love the challenge of buying just a few groceries and seeing how many different ways I can use them so that I never realize I'm eating pretty much the same food as I did the day before.

Nightkatt
05-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Okee .. first just want to make a general comment and Im not referring to anyone or any comment in particular so please dont think Im directing it at you, I just need to get this out there as I have had a private message sent regarding an issue I wasnt really aware would happen on here .. but it has, so thought it best to nip it in the bud asap if I could.

I have been a member of 3FC for a few years now and I have told many people about the site being an unconditional support network, offering advise IF ASKED for, criticism is not tolerated and the humour and friendships that are made are fantastic.

I just need to make it clear to everyone .. PLEASE .. if you read someones chat post, weigh in post, exercise post or nutrition post .. DONT be negative about it or point out where they may be going wrong. Each of us need to remember this is a different journey for all of us .. admittedly we are all wanting the same result, to lose weight and get healthy .. but we all face different challenges with health, medical issues, metabolism, and just being different people. Unless a member asks where they may be going wrong the unsolicited advise may be read as a negative ... while the internet is a wonderful thing, unfortunately unless you are a really descriptive writer in your speech it could be taken not as a positive building block, but a negative put down :(

I have only one medical issue that I am working on at the moment .. and that is gall stones .. so while I have done a lot of research on what is good and bad I am still trial and error because somethings dont match what I have read .. if that is because my body is different ... then so be it ... Im happy to try new things if it sounds like something I can stick to .. but otherwise I tend to keep to what I know works for me ... I do have to go back in for another blood test as my liver one came back abnormal .. so Im adjusting some of my diet for that too .. again .. research online.

So .. just to reiterate and finish this blab ... its that old saying .. if you cant say anything nice .. dont say anything. Im one of those people that dont mind if others have suggestions .. I dont have to take any notice of them if they dont suit lol .. but you never know what Im willing to try ... but others have their reasons and they just look for support in their choices ... remember .. if they are on here .. they are already on a path to getting into a better place .. who are we to decide if the path they are on should be altered because its not what you think is the best road?

Hugs all :) Hopefully everyone got in this week for a weigh in

Novus
05-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Ok, I'll acknowledge the elephant in the room and 'fess up. It was me who p*ssed someone off. I'm a "fixer" and sometimes I'm too eager to offer help and too reluctant to admit the person doesn't want my help. Also, it's just too easy to be misunderstood via internet.

I apologize for bringing contention to the team. :(

MissSMcC
05-18-2014, 04:41 AM
Weigh in day! Happy Sunday all :)
I got called in to work last night so it's just bed time for me, will weigh when I weaken up. So tired! Good luck with the scales everyone :)

Nightkatt
05-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Ok, I'll acknowledge the elephant in the room and 'fess up. It was me who p*ssed someone off. I'm a "fixer" and sometimes I'm too eager to offer help and too reluctant to admit the person doesn't want my help. Also, it's just too easy to be misunderstood via internet.

I apologize for bringing contention to the team. :(

Thanks for the acknowledgement hun ... and Im sure you meant the best .. as all of us do .. like I said .. its the best and worst thing about the internet .. while we can reach out and chatter its incredible how important seeing someone is so we can understand where they are coming from .. also so the person giving the advice can see that it may not be going over so well ... until of course its too late. I have always loved the honesty of 3FC .. and I hope that it continues. I figured that if I said something sooner rather than later it will hopefully make things a little easier in the future for all of us :) Hugs and thanks again :)

MISS SM - I hope you had a good rest and have woken up refreshed :)

Had a long day at work today but it was great because it made it go fast with the busy haul of customers lol ... I was on my own for the day though as my lunch cover called in sick so no breaks .. but like I said .. it was busy so I was not upset about it .. and I doubled the target too!! The most they have had though on a Sunday for Months! (other than when it was a special day like Mothers Day .. ) ... got Pita Pit for dinner as I didnt want to come home to cook otherwise I would have made something bad for me cos it would be quick lol .. besides it took the edge off so I didnt get tempted to get bad things at the supermarket on the way home when I stopped to get some milk & cereal for breakfast :)

Good luck with your weigh ins peeps and keep up the great work :)

kris2008
05-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats on weight loss - Novus, Nightkatt, Elizabeth and Lori Ann! I had a bit of loss but you really had some loss! Yea red team!

kris2008
05-18-2014, 10:07 AM
I also answered person about what to do to stop binging in evening, maybe I had more suggestions than they wanted. It's hard to know sometimes if people really want feedback or they are just venting. Nothing wrong with venting, just difficult to read sometimes.

Now back to the Red Team's successes this week! Don't forget to weigh in!

Novus
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks Nightkatt and Kris for your words about the drama. :hug:

I took a peek at the weigh-in thread and we seem to be rockin' it this week. Woohoo! Finally! Go Team Red! :cheer2:

I also looked at the exercise thread and dangerouscurves76 is working out like 4 hours a day! Holy crap! :lol: You go, girl. I wish I had the time and energy for that.

MissSMcC
05-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Novus I took a peek too, we are having an amazing weigh in so far, well done everyone!
Kat thank you, I only slept a couple of hours, so hopefully I will sleep again tonight.
DC your exercise diary is so impressive!

dangerouscurves76
05-18-2014, 04:31 PM
It's exciting to see so much activity on this thread. CONGRATS to everyone who had a loss this week! Red Team Rocks!! :grouphug:

After struggling earlier in the week, with what turned out to be just severe allergies, I'm feeling great! Taking my new meds and making sure to get enough sleep.

Weighed myself this morning and discovered that I only loss 0.5 lb. I have mixed emotions about not losing more. One one hand, I knew that was going to happen. I ate mostly on plan but countless bowls of soup and saltine crackers (tons of salt) probably did me in. So yes...I was working out like a beast and drinking tons of water to flush out the extra salt. But I still didn't lose as much as I wanted. Frustrated but determined to move forward! :)

Quick note about my workouts. I've always loved endurance running but I've been plagued by injuries the last two years. Sadly, I had to give up marathon training.

So for the first time ever, I'm listening to my physical therapist and including yoga and Pilates into my schedule. Which means getting up 30 mins earlier and doing an hour of stretching or weight training in the morning. And then doing cardio at night instead of vegging on the couch with a glass of wine. (my favorite guilty pleasure) So really I'm exchanging one bad habit (#1 couch potato) for a super fun, healthy habit (one woman dance party in my living room). :dancer:

Big thanks to everyone for your support the last couple weeks! It's amazing how a few kind words keeps you motivated when you're struggling to keep it together.

Novus
05-19-2014, 11:29 AM
So, where are the Week 4 threads? Apparently we failed so badly in Week 3 that our moderators have given up on us and fled. ;)

MissSMcC
05-19-2014, 11:46 AM
:lol: Novus I'm sure they will be along soon

dangerouscurves76
05-19-2014, 12:27 PM
So, where are the Week 4 threads? Apparently we failed so badly in Week 3 that our moderators have given up on us and fled. ;)

Was wondering the same thing! :dizzy: Seriously, this is my third time logging on today and still no threads. Praying my nosey co-worker doesn't rat me out. LOL.

Novus
05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I think they alternate weeks and this would be Rated's week. She hasn't been around at all lately. Wasn't she getting married or something?

DC, hope you didn't get busted surfing the 'net at work! ;)

I'm bored out of my mind today. My immune system is kicked into high gear fighting off something so I'm trying to lie low - switched around my work schedule to take the day off, not excercsing, etc. I know my body and I know this is what I have to do to not get sick but.....gah! :dizzy: Maybe I should go shopping. :D