South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday - May 9

Good morning from 52ºF Delta where the sky is blue although the weather icon tells me it's raining! I have white daffodils in a blue glass vase on my desk which is very cheery.

Been a long hard week and it's certainly not over yet. We did get a lot of Mill things settled and some problems resolved though and my roof is fixed. Dear Paul even went up into the attic and checked under all the insulation and there's not a drop left up there. I guess it all drained out through the light fixture.

Donna is coming to clean today and it's needed after having workmen in and out this week. Jazz will be glad to see his little buddy Lulu. He is going to be on his own most of the weekend as I have a seminar all day Saturday past Ottawa and then will be testing therapy dogs (and handlers) on Sunday in Brockville. My DIL's sister is having a Mother's Day BBQ at her new house on the St Lawrence and I'll go straight there after the testing. Good thing as my kids were pretty annoyed that I missed the Easter family events.

This afternoon I must run into town again to get some paper. I've been working on schedules and job descriptions for the Mill Guides and need to print everything out in six copies. While I am at Staples, I may invest in another copy of my accounting program since the current one will not let me access previous years data. Very frustrating and it'll be worth the investment to end the worry. Simply Accounting is not so simple IMHO!

Sheesh! I'm long-winded!

Have a great Friday and a good weekend.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm a minute ahead of schedule today and thought I'd stop in on my way out the door.
Overcast here today with a chance of rain later but as long as it is still warm I'm ok with that! I am looking forward to the weekend and hope to have a chance to work in the garden a bit. Still early to plant but I can putter.

Ruth, I'm glad your busy week is over but it sounds like your weekend is just as busy! Seems your retirement is busier than many people's working lives.

Gotta run! Anyone need some coffee on my way out?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a good thing your busy week is coming to an end, Ruth. Just think where you'll be next week at this time.

I took you up on the coffee, Beth. Thanks!

I hope everyone has a great weekend to look forward to!

Jake and I are picking up Dad and taking a ride out to my favorite plant nursery deep in the Amish countryside this morning. I'm looking for a specific color of nemesia for my front flower bed and want to get a flat of impatiens for my shady back yard. They do a magnificent job on their hanging baskets, so I may pick up a couple of those, too. First, though, I'd better get out my checkbook and pay some bills, so I'll know how much money I can spend!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Yes indeed, Linda. I was thinking of next Saturday as I sipped my coffee. Aside from losing ten pounds, I need to get some US$ and find my passport.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chicks!

I am already at work :::sigh:: hopeful boss lets me GO 2 hours earlier but that's dubious. Not much but getting to the gym this weekend on the docket for me.

Ruth - glad the roof is fixed!
Beth- Enjoy the weekend, rain and all!
Cottage - ohhh, a ride to Amish country sounds nice. Enjoy!

to all who come by after me!

Last edited by jenne1017; 05-09-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

We the first coat on the front of the house. Now we get a couple of days off (work today, rain tomorrow) then back to painting Sunday. I hope it's good exercise because I'm too tired to do much of anything after.

Jenn - Glad to hear things are looking up a bit.

Time to run to a long staff meeting. Happy Friday
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Today is my last day of classes! Now just a few papers to grade, and finals to give. I'll be teaching in the summer, but I have a long break, so…starting tomorrow. I was going to wait until I'd gone shopping Saturday, but I have enough to make it through the weekend.

Cottage, I grew up in Amish country. You make me nostalgic -- there are some beautiful farms there!

Have a good day, Ruth, Beth, Jenn, Cyndi and all to come.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Have a second before needing to run DD2 to school. Today is the last day of my class even though I scheduled the exam for Tuesday if we get finished early I may try and reschedule to take the exam today. Everyone should be arriving this afternoon and I am praying for no rain otherwise only 4 people get to go to DS graduation for rain contingency plan of the college.

Have a wonderful Friday!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
We drove over the passes this morning. Vail pass had been closed due to snow related accidents. Home to unpack and now we're heading down to catch up with DD. Tomorrow we start another project. Oh well
Old 05-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening from Somerset, NJ. Day 1 complete 43 miles down 260 or so to go. Tomorrow we ride over 100. Hopefully not in the rain. It was a light rain most of the day, but manageable.

Day 1 two of my departments Highway officers assisted which was really great having them. They even let me sit on the motorcycle. Until tomorrow....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (42.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-10-2014, 05:47 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Great shot, Jennifer. Enjoy the ride today and that you don't get hard rain.
Closed Thread