100 lb. Club - Just starting...

View Full Version : Just starting...

Lorrie77
05-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I am new to this site. I am looking forward to losing the weight once and for all. I am really not sure how this works, but...
Any suggestions, recommendations are welcome.

Thanks

lookin2lose
05-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Welcome Lorrie! I started here back in 2010, lost a bunch of weight...had a kiddo and put it all back on! Now, I'm back. :)

My advice...be consistent and track all the food that goes in!

You might want to set some mini-goals to keep you motivated (small wins)...that helped me a lot...and it's helped me re-focus too. It's hard to think how far we have to go at the beginning...but setting up small goals before you get to the end helps a ton! I personally enjoy the "getting out of the ___" forums...it's 10 lbs increments for the most part and it's so motivating when you get to go to the next group!

Good luck, this forum is a great way to get support and stay focused!

Trazey34
05-08-2014, 12:33 PM
welcome aboard the board! I agree with lookin2lose about the mini goals, it's really fun to have a SET goal, achieve it, and move on to the next one!

My 2 cents is to investigate WHY you overeat, why you gained weight, be brutally honest with yourself, and try to find ways to overcome those reasons. If we never change the 'why' we do things, we can lose the same 100lbs over and over for the rest of our lives, but it'll always find us in the end.

Checking in with the 3FC is really helpful, motivational, and kick-in-the-pants if you need it too! Remember, no one has the "right" way to lose weight. Lots of people track every single gram of nutrition, other people (like me) basically still eat the same just WAYYYYYYY less of it and not so junky anymore. there's lots of ways to get there ;)

Keep checkin' in and keeping us posted!

Mozzy
05-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!!

TheSatinPumpkin
05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the forum...