Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of July 20th**

Hi All,

Peter's been whiney again. We were at the pool yesterday and I think he may have gotten a little sunburn in a couple places. It's hard to tell, but kind of like I didn't make sure I rubbed it in evenly. Today he felt a little warmer than usual, so I decided to take his temp...it was 101.0!! That's really high for him, he usually runs 97. something. So I quick gave him some Tylenol and within a half hour he felt less warm, and fell asleep! I haven't taken his temp again, but he feels fine to the touch. I don't know if it's his mouth or what. I can't imagine that MORE teeth are coming in...geez, he'll have a full set of choppers by a year at the rate we're going!! He's really drooling a lot though, I had him in his jumper this AM and I had to sop up the puddle in the tray!!

He got to have a bath tonight in a bathtub because we were at my mom's for dinner. He loves to splash around.

Karen, what an adorable pic on the other thread!!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:50 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

We went to the resort in PA today. We have been trying to sell the lot for the past year with no luck. We traded it for a week in the timeshare. At least for a little less money we can have a place to stay. That way we can have one vacation a year. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive one way w/o traffic. Lets just say there was a lot of traffic today. Alex did SO good. He was getting grumpy the last 1/2 hr of the ride home. I did nurse him by leaning over the car seat twice. Whew. Not my favoite nursing position!!

Lauren: Yikes!! Non-stop teething. My pedi said no sunscreen until after 6 mos so we are spending the summer in the shade. Hope he feels better soon.

OK, one more cute pic then I will lay off for awile:
Old 07-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #3  

Helloooooooo? Where is everyone? Hope ya'll are off having a good time. We've been stuck inside all day. First it was raining and now Alex is velcro boy. He just wants to nurse continuously. Oh well. He's allowed. That's why I'm here after all!!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:40 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello...At home sick soo just getting here online..I think I am going to start the weaning process..I am feeling sooo completely worn down and dont know what is happening with the energy process..I have just enough energy to work 8-10hrs, go home and pick up kids, start supper, do baths, clean up etc etc..I am too tired to have DH time and dont want to get into problems there..It makes me feel sad to do it but happy, but I want to and then I dont want to...I am a confused mess..I even took a pg test cuz I feel like I did then even though there has been no exposure!!!!!
Well..off to make some breakfast/lunch for myself..
Karen--Dont stop the pics!!!!!
RR
Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #5  
LBH

Hey, I'm here, also with a velcro baby...unless I put him down and let him scream!

RR, I was wondering where you were. Hope you're feeling better soon. I understand the wean/no wean argument. Sometimes I think life would be soo much easier to just make a bottle of formula, but then I think, no, because I have to worry about keeping it cool if I'm out, then warmed a bit so it's not clumpy... :confused: I'm going to try and stick it out for a year, especially since I'm home now...for now.

I Love Bath Time!!
Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 PM   #6  

hi guys,

rr: i'm sorry you were sick today. i hope you are feeling better. For us nursing is so much easier than a bottle. i can put him on his pillow, pop him on the boob and do whatever can be done sitting(well, typing is w/one hand so capitalization is hard!). With a bottle i have to hold it and him so i don't have a free hand. They say that all of the good stuff gets concentrated so maybe if you cut back to just once a day you will get more time and she will still get some good stuff. You have to do what's good for you.

lauren: great pic!! dh just about had a cow when i wanted to bathe alex in the sink. he thought it was the grossest thing ever. he wouldn't believe me that people do it.

ok, gotta go now.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:44 AM   #7  

I think I am gonna wean daytime and just nurse at night...I am not ready to stop that wonderful feeling of nursing and holding my baby... She is sooo snotty today, but happy!!!
Well. off to work!!!
RR
Old 07-24-2003, 07:57 AM   #8  
LBH

Karen, LOL, tell him some people don't have bathtubs!! (And just for the record, I clean the sink with that Soft Scrub everyday before his bath!!)
Old 07-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #9  

hi guys,

i'm just sitting here watching oprah while the baby nurses. i just saw the commercial for stanley steemer where thew little boy is jumping up and down on the chocolate syrup bottle in the white living room. that commercial really gets on my nerves, especially when he goes and gets the strawberry jam!!

lauren: it wasn't putting the baby in a dirty sink that bothered him, it was preparing food where the baby was bathed!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #10  

Hey guys,

I was just going through my coupons and I was wondering if either of you may want some. I have six coupons for $1 off Gerber BM bags and $1 off 2 of Gerber Graduates Food or Juice. If you don't want them let me know and I will offer them on another site of BF moms.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:54 PM   #11  
LBH

Karen I haven't seen that one!! Like what parent would let their kid get away with that? Reminds me of the commercial where the kids squirts his mom with orange soda and she sprays him with the sink sprayer. Or the one where the brothers squirt each other with jelly donuts. I don't even know what it's for!!

I don't need the coupons, but thanks anyway!

Like babies get that dirty?! Tell DH to take a valium!!
Old 07-26-2003, 08:54 AM   #12  

Hello all!!!
I am feeling soo much like the old Vicki again!!!! I have quit the micronor tabs and started the weaning process except at night and I can feel the difference allready..I dont think my appetite and food intake was supporting what she was pulling out..My legs had started aching constantly, my hair was starting to fall out soo much and I felt like he$$.. I have only night fed her for the past 2 weeks and she is totally fine with it..Doesnt even question me bottle feeding her during the day...It is wonderful to end my day with my little one eating from me and bonding and then I start the next day out with BF her... I think without a 10hr a day demanding on the feet job and 2 other kids at home, I could have done it easier...How are everyone elses babies???
Have a great weekend all!!!!
Vicki
Old 07-26-2003, 10:30 AM   #13  
LBH

RR- is there a connection to BF'ing and hair falling out?? I ask because I mentioned to DH about a month ago that I seem to be "shedding" more than usual for the past couple months. I'm glad you're feeling better. What is micronor? Glad Kaylee's adjusting to it. Do you find yourself engorged much, or is doing it gradually preventing that problem?

Peter's amazing!! Thursday night he got himself up on all fours for longer than 5 seconds. Yesterday all day he was getting on all 4's and and rocking. At the rate he's going, he's gonna be crawling by next week!!

He's eating cereal with fruit in the AM, cereal with veggies in the evening, and BF'ing in between. He's not BF'ing very well lately though, he's off and on, off and on...too much else to look at, I guess.

I'm really starting to enjoy being home now, and I really don't want to go back to work. I wish I could find a P/T job that would pay me just enough to cover the rent and my car payment. I think we could swing it that way. I don't think a P/T job would cover it though. I tried pumping the other day because Peter wasn't interested in nursing and I had enough that I was squirting him... But when I hooked myself up, I got like a teaspoon worth on the left and maybe a tablespoon or two on the right!! Peter is definitely a better sucker!! It's funny because it seemed like the pump was barely sucking, since I'm soo used to him doing all the work now. I definitely don't want to have to go back to pumping again!

Karen, did you have a good b-day? Do anything special?

Adrienne, where are you?!
Old 07-26-2003, 09:07 PM   #14  

Lauren--Micronor is the mini pill...It was making me crazy and depressed all the time...I am glad to be off it but have to be careful now...I dont know about the hair falling out and BF'ing but I know I was loosing in clumps...it was crazy...I think hormonally I will feel better once AF arrives..Crazy thought!!!
I have never gotten engorged since quitting..It was only Monday, that I cut out the noon pumping...My schedule is like this....6:30am-BF, at 8am it is Banana oatmeal cereal, then 3 oz Enfamil Lipil, at noon, Jar of Vege and 3 oz Enfamil, at 3pm, 4oz Enfamil then I pick her up and give her 4tbls Rice cereal with 1tbls yogurt around 6pm...THen she nurses to sleep at 8pm, we nurse again at 2 am and then again at 6:30...It is working beautifully cuz I am free to enjoy my lunch again with friends and still go to the healthclub for a 3 mile run..I do wear my tighter bra during the day to keep from engorgement and really limit fluids....
Gotta run,
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RR
Old 07-26-2003, 10:23 PM   #15  
LBH

RR, have you gotten AF yet, since birth? I have not, and I could care less!! She's welcome to stay away until I'm ready to start trying for #2!! (Which, BTW, will not be until Peter's a year...at least!) Were you on the pill before getting PG? Did you have that reaction then? Even though I haven't had AF, I know that there's still a chance of getting PG...but we're doing the pull & pray method...

Karen must've had a heck of a b-day!!
Closed Thread