20-Somethings - May Daily chat

View Full Version : May Daily chat

xopeaceandlovexo
05-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Hey 3FCs 20 somethings :cheers:

Its May! here is our May daily chat sooooo chat away :)

Iconised Ghost
05-07-2014, 02:37 AM
oh god where is the year going?!?

on a positive note, I have done 7 consecutive days of mindfulness and 2 consecutive days of gyming. DONT ask about food. It's next on the list. I'm just glad I finally seem to have got started on things!!

xopeaceandlovexo
05-07-2014, 12:13 PM
The year is flying by!! I can't believe it.

Congrats on the week of mindfulness!! you know they say it only takes 15 days to make something a habit, and I hope "they're" right!!!

last week was less exercise and less on plan than I had hoped so this week I am making it up with 15 extra minutes of cardio each day and so far so good :ebike:

Have a great day all & keep it up!

nonameslob
05-07-2014, 01:07 PM
It really is flying by. My vacation is just over a month away and we still have a ton of planning to do (and I have some weight to lose). Oh boy!

I've been doing well in terms of working out and with food but my mind and the scale are playing games with me.

skittlesfirehawk
05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm starting the gym today gonna stick to 3 days a week I think having one of the workouts the day before weigh in is gonna help.im hoping with healthy eating and adding in exercise the weight will start coming off much easier

futureformerfisher
05-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Not having a good day today :| I started with a really good workout, I spent nearly two hours at the gym, then had a decent breakfast. I was really hungry by lunch, which is odd for me, and I was craving cheese, so I worked that into my lunch. I was still hungry after that. And then I wanted chocolate. BAD. I ended up wasting almost 100 calories on two tiny mini-Hershey bars and then debated for a solid ten minutes whether I should just blow today and eat some Easter candy. I didn't, but I came close.

I need to add some extra cardio today to compensate. And maybe re-plan dinner. And I was feeling really good about today, too :(

xopeaceandlovexo
05-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Today is not blown at all! And don't beat yourself up over a little chocolate that is 100 calories, I know you worked that off at the gym this morning. You feel guilty that you went off plan a little and that is scary b/c we feel that once it happens that day is ruined, or we are out of control. But you didn't blow it, you didn't have more easter candy!! that is an accomplishment, at least for me it would be. Just move on and if it makes you feel better to do a little extra cardio tonight to make it up to yourself then go for it!!

futureformerfisher
05-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Today is not blown at all! And don't beat yourself up over a little chocolate that is 100 calories, I know you worked that off at the gym this morning. You feel guilty that you went off plan a little and that is scary b/c we feel that once it happens that day is ruined, or we are out of control. But you didn't blow it, you didn't have more easter candy!! that is an accomplishment, at least for me it would be. Just move on and if it makes you feel better to do a little extra cardio tonight to make it up to yourself then go for it!!

You're right, I should focus on the fact that I stopped myself before any damage was done... I'm really bad with self-deprecation, especially when I feel like I haven't done as well as I could. I'm very type-A with personal goals, I need to work on that!

On the plus side, I'm no longer hungry or craving chocolate, haha.

skittlesfirehawk
05-08-2014, 01:45 PM
So happy I weighed myself today after my workout last nite and I'm at 163

nonameslob
05-08-2014, 01:53 PM
futureformerfisher I completely agree with peaceandlove! I hope you woke up today feeling in better spirits. If it only takes 100 calories to quiet your chocolate craving, I'd say that's amazing!

skittlesfirehawk Congrats :)

I finally saw a loss this morning, too. Not quite a pound, and so very close to Onederland, but not quite yet. I'll be there soon :)

skittlesfirehawk
05-08-2014, 03:03 PM
@futureformerfisher if you spent 2hrs at the gym you may need a bigger lunch I like to up my protein after a workout.Dontbgeel bad for eating the chocolate in the long run it won't hurt.Your not always going to be able to stay on plan and that's ok.

futureformerfisher
05-08-2014, 10:11 PM
I did wake up feeling much better today, thank you :) I think some of my frustration stemmed from ultimately ending 99 calories over plan - as in, if I hadn't eaten the chocolate, I wouldn't have gone over - but it's silly to get angry at myself for such a small amount of calories. Especially when you guys are right, I more than worked that off yesterday morning and it wasn't barely anything, anyway. I realized today that I sounded a little obsessive with my eating habits and I'm not, nor do I want to be. I do need to be a little nicer to myself and stop expecting perfection - with my eating and everything else I do! - and not get so upset over what seriously amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am my own worst critic and I gotta knock it off.

I'm usually pretty good with cravings that way, though! If I want something and I work a little of it into my meals for the day, that's usually enough to end the craving. I'm lucky with that :)

skittles part of my problem is that for a very long time, dinner has been my only meal of the day. I'm not usually hungry at breakfast or lunch, so now that I'm trying to eat three meals, it's confusing me when I'm hungry at noon and I just ate breakfast 3-4 hours ago! I'm still trying to make breakfast and lunch a habit (I skipped breakfast today because I was not hungry at all, but I did make a fruit smoothie for lunch) and it throws me off my game when Monday, I'm not hungry all day and Tuesday, I feel like I'm starving from the minute I wake up.

I had a .4 gain this morning, which was a little demotivating, but whatever - I'm still at 182 and I can't complain about that!

Iconised Ghost
05-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Congrats on the week of mindfulness!! you know they say it only takes 15 days to make something a habit, and I hope "they're" right!!!

thank you thank you, as potentially one of the "they" I hope so too! I'm doing the Mindful in May challenge, and its funny how the mind works- most of the time I'm like, yeah! look how many days in a row i've done! And then all of a sudden yesterday I was like, oh god look how many days to go XD just gotta take one day at a time....

This pretty much sums up my day today lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfchvCyHmsc

futureformerfisher- according to sparkpeople (who I am slightly skeptical about the quality of their research), just washing the dishes can burn 100 calories so I wouldnt stress too much :) And for your meals, remember they dont have to be huge, especially to begin with. Small steps!

futureformerfisher
05-09-2014, 05:14 PM
iconised ghost Man, I need to rethink my workout regimen, haha! But I'm working on not freaking out over small mistakes. I like the idea of being more mindful, what a great challenge!

So my son's school did their annual teacher's appreciation day, and we bake/buy treats like cookies and cupcakes for the teachers. I've always made tent cards with a list of ingredients, because there's quite a few teachers with allergies/dietary restrictions. This year, being mindful of what I'm trying to do (and what many of the teachers are also doing), I decided to reduce the portion size to a real portion instead of the double/oversized portions I usually make, and add the calorie count to the cards.

I wasn't in the room 15 minutes setting up and no less than seven teachers complained - everything from "can't they let us be ignorant for one day?" to "is it me or do the cookies get smaller every year?" to "great, now I can't eat ANYTHING!" I rolled my eyes and left... and was unsurprised to come back 30 minutes later and find the tent cards gone and the low-cal, sugar-free cookies I had made re-labeled as "diabetic friendly."

At least no one can say I didn't try, ugh.

xopeaceandlovexo
05-09-2014, 07:46 PM
WOW!
I think what you did was very thoughtful!! Some people will find anything to complain about I guess.
They could have been ignorant if they wanted to lol.

Skittles & noname Great news with your losses :D I weigh Thursdays and was down half a pound, then this morning I couldn't help myself I got on the scale again and the other half pound was gone too! I needed to see that b/c I worked very hard this week :wl:

skittlesfirehawk
05-10-2014, 10:24 PM
i tried eating 3 meals and then went back to 2 it was just normal and easier for me.Go with what works for you.

I did wake up feeling much better today, thank you :) I think some of my frustration stemmed from ultimately ending 99 calories over plan - as in, if I hadn't eaten the chocolate, I wouldn't have gone over - but it's silly to get angry at myself for such a small amount of calories. Especially when you guys are right, I more than worked that off yesterday morning and it wasn't barely anything, anyway. I realized today that I sounded a little obsessive with my eating habits and I'm not, nor do I want to be. I do need to be a little nicer to myself and stop expecting perfection - with my eating and everything else I do! - and not get so upset over what seriously amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am my own worst critic and I gotta knock it off.

I'm usually pretty good with cravings that way, though! If I want something and I work a little of it into my meals for the day, that's usually enough to end the craving. I'm lucky with that :)

skittles part of my problem is that for a very long time, dinner has been my only meal of the day. I'm not usually hungry at breakfast or lunch, so now that I'm trying to eat three meals, it's confusing me when I'm hungry at noon and I just ate breakfast 3-4 hours ago! I'm still trying to make breakfast and lunch a habit (I skipped breakfast today because I was not hungry at all, but I did make a fruit smoothie for lunch) and it throws me off my game when Monday, I'm not hungry all day and Tuesday, I feel like I'm starving from the minute I wake up.

I had a .4 gain this morning, which was a little demotivating, but whatever - I'm still at 182 and I can't complain about that!

futureformerfisher
05-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I might do that, I was thinking about exactly that earlier this morning. I can eat breakfast now, and it's pretty much become part of my daily routine (I only skipped it twice this week) but lunch is still really hard for me. So maybe I'll try breakfast and dinner next week :)

Have fun this weekend! If you're drinking, my standby for low-calorie alcohol is vodka + sugar-free Red Bull, vanilla vodka + coke zero/diet coke or blueberry/raspberry vodka + Sprite Zero. Blueberry vodka is sooooo good!

I took the kid to GameStop this afternoon because we're really into Just Dance and wanted the new one. Of course he found a dozen other games he wanted, but he also found Wii Fit U and said hey, mom, you should get this! I wasn't going to get it for $50, but I found a used one for $35, then got 10% for having pro-rewards, plus had another 20% coupon, so it ended up being like $25 and it works with the original Wii Fit board. It came with a weird fitness monitor that I haven't played with yet, but it actually looks like it might be interesting. Might be something fun for after dinner when getting to the gym isn't an option, I'm kinda excited to try it out!

skittlesfirehawk
05-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Had a great time at ac last nite.im still down one lb yaay.

nonameslob
05-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Back from a weekend away. Drank lots (stuck with wine instead of beer) but my eating was relatively good and I was really active. Now I just need to get through this week without a meltdown. Work is gonna be crazy.

futureformerfisher Sounds like a fun game :) Have you tried it yet?

xopeaceandlovexo
05-12-2014, 06:36 PM
So this weekend wasn't completely on plan, but it wasn't completely off plan either so that's good! I had two things off plan, pizza (one of my faves!) and Chinese food :D which I haven't had since February. And I opted for less food so I wouldn't have left overs to tempt me again! Those were my downfalls but I stuck to the bottle of wine I brought to my friends fire and said no to more wine/mixed drinks/beer, and also said no to the pizza they ordered since I already had my pizza for the week. It always feels rewarding (after the fact) to deny food that you know you don't need. Before March I hardly said no to any food that was offered to me!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend/ mothers day!!

noname crazy work week ahead? me too! the other part time phone girl left so its just me stuck here every night :mad: this also means I will be getting behind on my office work :tantrum:
buuuut hey that's life, its always something!! plus I am not complaining about the extra $$ I will have for summer!

Mii
05-13-2014, 12:21 AM
I haven't worked out in 2014. =(

nonameslob
05-13-2014, 09:10 AM
xopeaceandlovexo Yes, huge event on Wednesday that we've been planning for months and months, I'll be glad for Thursday! Hope your week goes by quickly, too!

Mii Sounds like it's time to get back into it, yes? Better now than never :)

Speaking of working out, looks like I'm just going to take a full week off from it. There's just no way I'll make it to the gym before Thursday, probably more like Friday. I just need to stop feeling so guilty about that. Still going to try to fit in my squats and planks at work, but nothing else.

skittlesfirehawk
05-13-2014, 11:13 AM
workouts going great cant wait to see the results at the end of the week.

Psychic
05-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm trying to get back on track. I'll be going to the gym later. I missed a week due to a bad headcold and congestion. I'm also going to dinner tonight with my boyfriend. I haven't planned a meal yet. Keeping lunch light and just having a salad so that I have extra calories to work with. Gonna see Spiderman 2 tonight. :)

xopeaceandlovexo
05-13-2014, 02:02 PM
mii I think I worked out once maybe twice in 2013! There is still a lot of year left!!!

noname deadlines are so not my forte haha good luck to you on the event I am sure all this worrying will pay off for you :) sometimes work is all the workout you need :tired:

psychic & skittles Glad to hear your weeks are going as planned!! Mine is on track as well with food & exercise...we can do this :goodvibes

nonameslob
05-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Psychic Hope you had a nice dinner/movie date with your boyfriend :)

The big work event is here!!! I finally feel ready for it. I fasted (500 cal) Monday and Tuesday, so today I will enjoy the food, wine AND cupcakes at our event. I worked hard putting this thing together, so I am going to eat! Out to dinner with my mom tomorrow at our favorite restaurant for a belated mother's day outing. Then Friday I'll try to get back to a normal routine :) I did manage to ride my bike for a little last night, which was nice. Didn't think I'd be able to fit in any workouts til Friday.

futureformerfisher
05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Mii it's only May! You still have time to start working out :) I've logged probably around 35 hours so far this year... And I started on April 24th! It adds up fast!

nonameslob hope it was fun! Nothing wrong with taking a couple days off once in awhile :) I definitely took the day off on Mother's Day and it was so worth it for the bacon alone, haha.

I'm not sure how I feel about Wii Fit U yet, it's fun to play, but the games claims I burned 600+ calories yesterday. We did play it for a long time, but I highly doubt I burned anywhere near that pretending to swing a hula hoop and jumping on a virtual trampoline. My thighs are definitely sore today though. I've been wearing the Fit Meter (when I remember) and it's cool to see your steps on the walking challenge through different major cities. It doesn't do a good job tracking steps on the elliptical or dancing/Zumba, though, but I didn't really expect much from it to begin with.

Ended up having to skip the gym today, I was so physically and mentally exhausted this morning. My husband convinced me to take a rest day and stay home, but now I'm feeling guilty for it. I did take the dog for an hour-long walk though, so I least I did something.

floralshorts
05-14-2014, 08:57 PM
I hit 228.4 pounds this morning... a 17.4 pound loss since starting my Optifast 70 journey on 5/5/14. :)

I'm a bit nervous because I'm going back to work on Monday after being off on leave for a year. I think it will be a good distraction from food at home, but still... change stresses me out! I'm going to stick to my Optifast though. :)

nonameslob
05-15-2014, 10:38 AM
futureformerfisher The calories may not be accurate, but as long as you're having fun and moving, that's what counts. I don't find calories burned to be accurate on anything.

floralshorts That's an amazing loss! What is Optifast? Good luck with your transition back to work.

A coworker finally asked me today, "Have you been dieting? You look so good!" Wow, it only took 30 pounds! I am wearing a skirt I haven't worn in exactly a year - the last time I wore it I had to wear it high up on my waist because it was really way too small. Now I think it's kind of big (though my coworker described it as a "tight skirt"), but I guess it's flattering me somehow. That felt good. Especially since I ate two cupcakes and a piece of cake yesterday (definitely fasting until dinner on that note...omg they were so good, I never gorge on sweets like that)

futureformerfisher
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM
nonameslob isn't that the best? I bet it's been noticeable for awhile now, but your co-worker was the first one to ask ;) And OptiFast is a medically-prescribed liquid diet that uses shakes - think SlimFast, but under a physician's instruction and care - for meal replacement. Something I definitely do not have the willpower to do and I admire anyone who can!

floralshorts good luck! Hopefully going back to work will have the opposite effect and keep you so busy, you won't have time to worry about food!

I had a couple NSV's today - first, I almost lost my wedding rings about a thousand times while working out. They keep sliding around my knuckles; I'm gonna have to get an adjuster to keep them in place now. Second, I picked up some leggings, yoga pants and tank tops on sale for the gym, and was surprised to find that I not only could fit into a size 12 pants and large tanks, I could fit comfortably... Which I only discovered after the 14s dropped to the floor as soon as I pulled them on! I keep telling myself it's only 15 pounds, but apparently, it's already making a difference.

I got to Skype with my husband for awhile early this evening and the first words out of his mouth were "wow..." He hasn't seen new photo or video chatted with me in about a month. Though I'm not entirely he sure if his "wow" was in response to my weight loss, or the neon lime-green leggings, tank top and matching head band I was wearing :) I looked like Lady Gaga styled my gym outfit today, haha.

Iconised Ghost
05-18-2014, 09:05 PM
well, im down almost a kilo and a half, which is exciting, except when you consider i have lost and regained this same kilo and a half all year. But still. At least I am now exercising 4 times a week and attempting to log food (even if i do sometimes get to dinner and think "well, I have no idea what this is. I can't even. Even if i knew what it was, I dont know how much of it i had. It was something delicious though. Does MFP have "something delicious" in it??" Anyway...

fisher- oh man, the image of your gym outfit...I'm sure his wow was more in response to your loss ;)

noname- congrats on your loss, that must feel amazing!

nonameslob
05-19-2014, 10:43 AM
futureformerfisher I hope you didn't lose your wedding rings, but man that must feel awesome! It seems to take forever for fingers to show any loss. You must feel like a million bucks after all those NSVs, especially your husband's comment :)

Iconised Ghost Good job on the 1.5 kilos (I think that's about 3 pounds?) I know how you feel about logging food. I don't do it often, but I used to try to do it daily. So time consuming, especially when you really don't know what to put in.

May is going by way too quickly and with not much to show for a loss. I'm hoping to get back into my routine this week after a stressful week at work and really kick it up a notch at the gym.

nlauah
05-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey ppl... Accidentally came across this thread today... Looks cool!!! I am going to hang around here for sure.. I am someone who has been trying to lose some 40+ pounds since last September... Have lost close to 13lbs so far.. But keep losing the same 5 lbs over and over by gaining them again and again.. Stuck at around 182 lbs for the last 3 months.. One reason being I havent done anything about it for a while.. It is so motivating to see you ppl around here. This time I am going to be more determined and make sure I do atleast one thing about losing weight on a day.. I crave sugar which doesnt help much.. but my biggest problem is staying away from home and I eat when I feel unhappiness in any form...

Hope hanging around here helps me and the others :D

Doomkitty
05-20-2014, 03:42 PM
So, I weigh 10 pounds more than I did last year. My relationship with my now fiance has improved greatly and we just picked out our wedding bands two days ago. =) We think we've got our venue locked down as well and have some great fun ideas for decorating!

I work full time now but it's really rough so I applied for grad school. My app should be completed today. Hopefully I'll have an answer in no more than 3 weeks. I'm scared I'll be rejected as I've kind of placed the outcome of my entire future on this one decision... :lol: If I get in, I'll go part time so I don't die of exhaustion!

I don't work out anymore as I don't seem to have the energy. So I've started juicing and hope to stabilize my diet before anything else.

And the sun is finally out. <3

xopeaceandlovexo
05-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the group nlauah and lovedancelive!!!!

nlauah I find this place to be a great motivator as well. There absolutely has to be self-motivation but sometimes its just not there!!! :frypan: but knowing you can log on here and see that others are getting exercise and staying on plan can help you stay that way too, I find that true especially with the challenge groups :)

lovedancelive Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! Also good luck with getting into grad school :goodluck: how exciting!! and nerve wracking lol.

I got pretty off track this weekend so I am scared that will show on the scale :censored: oooh well all I can do is get back on track & try to burn a little extra to make up for eating crap, although it was extremely delicious crap :sssh:
I am happy to read everyone else's losses though and NSV :D:D way to go guys!!!! I will be hoping for mine to come next week. Hope y'all are having a great week

nonameslob
05-21-2014, 01:45 PM
nlauah Welcome! This place is definitely motivating. I hope it helps you get back into your groove.

lovedancelive Congratulations! Maybe the juicing will give you the energy you need to work out again. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Crossing my fingers you get into grad school. :crossed:

xopeaceandlovexo It's not crap if it's delicious LOL As long as you enjoyed yourself and are getting back on track, shouldn't beat yourself up over that. No need to step back on the scale if you're afraid of it. Might as well wait until you think you'll see good news :)

This week is going really well. I have a ton of energy, my eating has been good, I've planned my food well. The scale has been kind and my clothes have been also. I'm down about 2.6 pounds this month so far, which is already a pound better than April and there's still more than a week left in the month. Feeling much more positive this week than last.

xopeaceandlovexo
05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Yes I have figured out I am ok without the refined sugars I thought I would miss, but I love fried foods. so much :D so I have one fried something a week!

noname you are in onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :congrat:

:grouphug: that is so great!!! and even greater you are having a better month than April, which means :crossed: you are in onederland to stay!! Great job & keep it up woohoo

on that note I'll see ya later gaters, have a great hump day!

Lilbert
05-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Good morning everyone :) I usually lurk but really need to start posting properly to support everyone and actually be involved in this community. Its raining here in England but we had several lovely days of sunshine and I got a good hours walk in yesterday with the kids :) 1lb down this morning, still a way to go but happy! :)
For the first time my gardening has actually worked! I have an entire raised bed of mixed salad leaves, spinach, rocket, kale etc. I have been picking from it everyday to make lovely low cal salads or free. Its definitely the way to go ;) :carrot:

nonameslob
05-22-2014, 09:54 AM
xopeaceandlovexo Thanks :D Holy cow, you are so close, too!!! I'm down another half pound today. Hopefully I don't undo everything this weekend and the scale just keeps moving farther away from that "2".

Lilbert Your garden sounds so lovely. I am jealous! The weather wasn't kind this year so I wasn't able to try lettuce, but I have a few other things going. I hope the sun starts shining so you can start to walk again.

nlauah
05-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Iconized ghost Our stats are so similar and our goals are quite the same.... and I totally agree with losing the same few kilos/lbs over and over... Hope we sustain the loss this time around

skittlesfirehawk
05-22-2014, 11:40 AM
im down 10lbs yaaay but more to go.

nonameslob
05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Good job skittles!

My boyfriend texted me just now, "According to the outdated pseudoscience I'm not longer obese today." Haha so basically his BMI is in the overweight range :D Proud of him!

We've lost the exact same amount of poundage. I have 20 pounds to go until my BMI is out of the obese range, though. I don't think he set out to lose weight, but when I started 5:2, he made some that mimic mine and the weight just came right off. He used to eat out for breakfast and lunch every day. Now he just eats a granola bar and a yogurt during the day, and then dinner at home. Plus he's super active at work.

If only I could lose weight as fast as him :P I've been at it about twice as long haha But still proud!

Iconised Ghost
05-22-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm up a kilo?? How?? Again?? Ugh. Im going to the gym. Begrudgingly.

Doomkitty
05-22-2014, 09:57 PM
My weight is hovering around 144/145. I'm trying to eat better. I've mostly been eating carrots, hummus, strawberries, yogurt, and Triscuits but I have discovered that Triscuits are not something I can eat like an adult...so I won't be buying them anymore...

I am so tired at the end of the day, there is no way I can workout. My diet is just going to have to do most of the work.

nonameslob
05-23-2014, 12:44 PM
I just realized this is the first time in my entire life that my weight on my driver's license has been more than my actual weight! I renewed my license a year and a half ago, and was about 225 when I filled it out and put 200 pounds, which was a big increase from the previous optimistic weight on my license of 160.. (when have I ever weight 160 in my adult life? Never!)

*does a dance*

Also, my boyfriend filled out a fishing license for me today. They ask the height and he wrote 5'10 :lol: I wish. He's 6'...he should know I'm more than 2" shorter than him.

Iconised Ghost You'll get back on track. How was the gym?

lovedancelive I am the same way with Laughing Cow cheese. I eat the whole thing in one sitting, so I had to stop buying them. Nothing wrong with focusing entirely on diet.

xopeaceandlovexo
05-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Happy Memorial Day guys! Sadly I am working but someone has to!

Noname that's is great!!! My drivers license is a big ol lie right now but by the time I need to renew it I don't think it will be :)

I got on the scale out of curiosity sunday morning (I like to see how much "damage" there is for the beginning of the week) and it was 199, not making it official until Thursday but maybe I can get to 198 by the 31st!! Heres to hoping :lifter: and working for it of course!!

MrsDeenz
05-27-2014, 01:52 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

My laptop broke a few weeks back and I finally got it replaced. I haven't been doing much weighing in or eating as clean as I should but I hopped on the scale this morning and I've neither gained nor lost but I'm ok with that. I had my cousin's wedding yesterday and I got complimented plenty on my weight-loss and my dress. It's only roughly 20 lbs but I guess the Spanx and my corset thingy made it look like I lost about 30 lol

Leaving for Europe in 3+ weeks and hope to be solidly below 180 before I go. Hope everyone's doing well :)

nonameslob
05-27-2014, 10:38 AM
xopeaceandlovexo I bet you'll have no problem getting there! You can do it!

Welcome back MrsDeenz :) It must have felt awesome to get those compliments, even with a little help from Spanx. Hopefully being back on 3FC will also help motivate you to get ready for your trip. Where in Europe are you going?

I had a good, long weekend. Indulged a lot less than usual on the weekend (we canoe camped, so we could only eat what we brought with us!) and only had two beers (much, much less than my normal weekend drinking...heh) so I feel much better today than I normally would after a weekend and I'm really motivated to stay under 200 (I was a bit above this morning, as I also do my "damage control weigh-in!) and hit my goals for May.

I noticed looking at pictures my bf took at me, more and more I could see one and say, "that's not bad." Whereas before, I hated pretty much every picture of me.

futureformerfisher
05-28-2014, 01:16 AM
Well, I've been MIA for a week due to mold exposure :/ I did end up losing a few pounds while I was stuck in bed, although I didn't really "earn" that loss, but it was nice to look at myself in the mirror this morning and actually see the weight loss - until now, I haven't really noticed much of a difference. I know it's from being sick, but it's definitely motivating me to keep going!

My clothes are also becoming too big to wear now; my favorite halter top slipped so far down that I flashed myself in the mirror, lol. I love to sew, but I've never had to take anything in before - guess I'll need to learn how :)

nonameslob
05-28-2014, 10:04 AM
futureformerfisher Hope you're doing better now! Being sick sucks, but when you lose weight from it, it's a great motivator :) Yay for being able to see your progress!

I'm not back down to my pre-weekend weight yet even after yesterday's fast, but damn close. I should easily be below it after tomorrow's fast, and I'm keeping it really light today as well. I'd love to see 197 Friday morning.

Melarie
05-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Clothes, what are you doing?! My favorite work pants are getting baggy in the butt, so I tried on the EXACT same pants in a different color today and they were kind of tight! What's up with that?

In other news, I had Taco Bell for lunch and I'm feeling kind of guilty, but I did keep it light, and I'm having a slighty healthier dinner, so... Hey, it's better than Burger King, right? (It actually is much healthier, I did a project comparing them and another one in high school - TB won)

nonameslob
05-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Melarie, oh no! Maybe the one pair was always a bit tighter than the other but you never noticed until now? Either way, I hope you're having to buy new ones soon :D

I've actually only eaten Taco Bell twice in my life, but I have heard that depending on what you get it can be a good option. Nothing to feel guilty about as long as you're aren't making a habit of it. I'd never be able to entirely cut out fast food. Sometimes you just have a craving or you find a way to work it into your "plan."

I'm eating out at my local pub with a friend tonight and greatly looking forward to it. However, she always orders an appetizer (even when I say I don't want any, she gets it and then I feel obligated to eat some!)...hopefully I can convince her we don't need it.

futureformerfisher
05-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Clothes, what are you doing?! My favorite work pants are getting baggy in the butt, so I tried on the EXACT same pants in a different color today and they were kind of tight! What's up with that?

In other news, I had Taco Bell for lunch and I'm feeling kind of guilty, but I did keep it light, and I'm having a slighty healthier dinner, so... Hey, it's better than Burger King, right? (It actually is much healthier, I did a project comparing them and another one in high school - TB won)

Do you wear the second pair less often than the first? Maybe the first pair are more "broken in" than the second, which is why the second ones are a little tighter. Might just need to be worn in a little more!

Speaking of clothes, I officially fit in nothing right now. All of my current clothes are too big to wear, and all of my old clothes are still way too small. Except for the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago for working out, I have nothing to wear, and I don't want to spend money on clothes I'll (hopefully) only wear for a month or two :|

Melarie
05-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Melarie, oh no! Maybe the one pair was always a bit tighter than the other but you never noticed until now? Either way, I hope you're having to buy new ones soon :D

I've actually only eaten Taco Bell twice in my life, but I have heard that depending on what you get it can be a good option. Nothing to feel guilty about as long as you're aren't making a habit of it. I'd never be able to entirely cut out fast food. Sometimes you just have a craving or you find a way to work it into your "plan."

I'm eating out at my local pub with a friend tonight and greatly looking forward to it. However, she always orders an appetizer (even when I say I don't want any, she gets it and then I feel obligated to eat some!)...hopefully I can convince her we don't need it.

I do eat it kind of often, because it's so cheap and on the way home from work. Plus it's my favorite. But I do eat it, and all other fast food much less these days. As a kid, we had a thing in my family where we ate out every Friday, then it became 2-3 times a week when my parents split, now I'm back to no more than once a week. If I do go over that, I try to get something like Arby's or Subway so at least it's not greasy burgers and fries.

That's how my family is, except it's dessert instead. My family is crazy about dessert and it's sooo hard not to order something when everyone else is, so I typically do get something. But it's ok, because I don't eat out with them too often.
Do you wear the second pair less often than the first? Maybe the first pair are more "broken in" than the second, which is why the second ones are a little tighter. Might just need to be worn in a little more!

Speaking of clothes, I officially fit in nothing right now. All of my current clothes are too big to wear, and all of my old clothes are still way too small. Except for the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago for working out, I have nothing to wear, and I don't want to spend money on clothes I'll (hopefully) only wear for a month or two :|

The second pair I actually tried on in the store, I don't own them. So they are brand new, but still. The other ones I've only had 3 weeks and I remember them fitting perfect when I bought them, even before I lost 10 pounds. It just struck me as odd. And I have the same issue of needing new clothes, but not wanting to spend the money in case they don't fit in a month. I had maybe 3 outfits for work when I started. I have more now, but I still feel like it's not enough.

futureformerfisher
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
The second pair I actually tried on in the store, I don't own them. So they are brand new, but still. The other ones I've only had 3 weeks and I remember them fitting perfect when I bought them, even before I lost 10 pounds. It just struck me as odd. And I have the same issue of needing new clothes, but not wanting to spend the money in case they don't fit in a month. I had maybe 3 outfits for work when I started. I have more now, but I still feel like it's not enough.

That's weird... I'd chalk it up to differences between manufacturers or even styles, but it's the same exact pair of pants. I wonder if they were mislabeled and you were really trying on the next size down?

I give up on clothes for now. I love clothes, but now I'm getting frustrated that nothing I own fits. I've resigned to wear baggy jeans until I can squeeze back into my few pairs of size 9s, haha. I have been playing with some old tops and figuring out how to take stuff in, but I don't want to do that now, then again in another 20 pounds, then again... I'm afraid I'll ruin the fabric if I keep doing it.

nonameslob
06-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Futureformerfisher, ugh I know that feeling! The last time I was in that spot, I actually had a ton of luck at goodwill (rare for me) and that's gotten me through until I fit into the next size. But now I have nothing smaller to fit into! Making another goodwill trip today to drop off my bigger clothes, though :) I hope you're able to find a t least a few things to get you through!

Melarie, I've heard that clothes can vary up to three inches within the same size just due to manufacturer discrepencies. Crazy.

My eating hasn't been great this weekend, but I went on a ten mile bike ride yesterday. That was my exercise goal in april, but we just didnt have the time. My longest bike ride yet, and I really enjoyed it.

Melarie
06-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Even clearance racks at nicer stores are good for inbetween clothes. I went shopping the other day and found some great stuff marked down cheaper than you'd find at kmart. I mean like, pants for 5 bucks, shirts for 2, I couldn't believe it.

Lilbert
06-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Getting frustrated. Was 157 a couple of weeks ago then bounced up to 158 and been bouncing between 158 and 161 ever since. 159 today, think TOM due. :(