Metabolic Research Center - May 2014

View Full Version : May 2014

patzi
05-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I have never done this, but thought I would try and open a new thread for month of May, so hope this comes thru well...

Wishing y'all a great month of weight loss or maintaining. Oops forgot to put in MRC before May.. Could not seem to change it..

Patzi

skelley331
05-03-2014, 05:33 PM
LOL, no problem, I totally spaced that it was may!!! Thanks Patzi

raven59
05-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Hooray!! The plateau has ended. A nice 3 pound drop this morning. Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

patzi
05-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Hooray!! The plateau has ended. A nice 3 pound drop this morning. Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

So happy for you Raven...
Patzi

AshleyRae
05-03-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure what the scales will do the next few days. Today, we had a party for my daughter's 1st birthday, and I made gobs of cupcakes/icing. I was so proud of myself for not eating the stuff, but in all the planning/excitement/tension of the day and getting things set up, I forgot my lunchtime protein. Then, I broke down and tried 1/8 tsp. of icing. After that, it was tiny bit after tiny bit until I'd probably eaten a tablespoon. I know it's not crazy overboard, but it's still a minor setback. We'll see what happens Monday at weigh-in.
Have a great rest of the weekend!

raven59
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi AshleyRae, I bet the scale will be fine. Congrats for just limiting it to a few tiny tastes and not just "throwing in the towel" and making the whole day off plan because of that one slip up. That is huge progress on the mental side. Be proud of your control!!

patzi
05-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi AshleyRae, I bet the scale will be fine. Congrats for just limiting it to a few tiny tastes and not just "throwing in the towel" and making the whole day off plan because of that one slip up. That is huge progress on the mental side. Be proud of your control!!

I agree here. Great control and progress on your part. Be proud of yourself, indeed...

Patzi

AshleyRae
05-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Well, I was up a half pound, which I rather expected. But, it was measurement day, so I was hopeful to have lost a lot of inches in the past month. Unfortunately, I've only lost 3. The ladies keep talking to me about MRC-6 and other supplements, since I've been completely on program (aside from that tablespoon of icing on Saturday). Did any of you have a slight stall and see a major improvement when you started the supplements?

patzi
05-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Well, I was up a half pound, which I rather expected. But, it was measurement day, so I was hopeful to have lost a lot of inches in the past month. Unfortunately, I've only lost 3. The ladies keep talking to me about MRC-6 and other supplements, since I've been completely on program (aside from that tablespoon of icing on Saturday). Did any of you have a slight stall and see a major improvement when you started the supplements?

Ashley... I took MR6 and corti trim only while losing and I refused to take anything else. I do not know if they helped or not, as I was a slow loser. There were weeks I lost .2(point 2) pounds , and had many stalls, but I made it. Some lose slower than others.. I lost like a snail. I lost inches, but lost them slowly just like the weight . But when I was on maintenance the loss of inches was real long. They gave me a ribbon the length of inches I lost, so it was slow, but it all came off.

Are you keeping a journal of everything you are eating, and have you shown it to the consultant? I use to show mine each week when I weighed in. I was caught in some mistakes on amts. I was eating, and they corrected me.
I am curious to see what others say about the supplements. I did take 3 HNS daily while losing and one creamy at night, a hot chocolate or a pudding. I only took the Fat & Carb blocker while losing and now when I eat out.

Patzi...

skelley331
05-05-2014, 09:43 PM
AshleyRay: I take cortitrim, MRC-6, raspberry ketone, MSM, but I can tell you that the cortirim and MRC-6 helped me a lot with inches and stress

patzi
05-06-2014, 08:40 AM
AshleyRay: I take cortitrim, MRC-6, raspberry ketone, MSM, but I can tell you that the cortirim and MRC-6 helped me a lot with inches and stress

Skelley...

How do you find the raspbery ketone.. It has good reviews in magazines, from what I have read. I gave it a thought for when I am away on a trip.

Thanks
Patzi

skelley331
05-06-2014, 08:53 AM
patzi:

I'm not sure if it does what its suppose to? I've only taken it for a couple of months, but with taking the cortitrim, MRC-6 it's hard to tell what's working and what isn't LOL, I have found this time around I'm not losing the inches like I did when I first did the program.

AshleyRae
05-06-2014, 01:46 PM
I've been going to the center and taking my food journal twice a week. The counselors say everything is perfect and on track, so the only thing they can suggest is the supplements. I lost 9.75 inches the first month, 11.5 inches the second month, and then, for some reason, this last month slowed dramatically. Even the ladies at the center were surprised.
It's just frustrating when you're doing everything according to the plan and the loss does not reflect that. But, if I'm honest with myself, I'm happy where I am now, so the rest is purely vanity. :)

skelley331
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I've been going to the center and taking my food journal twice a week. The counselors say everything is perfect and on track, so the only thing they can suggest is the supplements. I lost 9.75 inches the first month, 11.5 inches the second month, and then, for some reason, this last month slowed dramatically. Even the ladies at the center were surprised.
It's just frustrating when you're doing everything according to the plan and the loss does not reflect that. But, if I'm honest with myself, I'm happy where I am now, so the rest is purely vanity. :)

AshleyRae: I know exactly what you are talking about, my first time on the program I could only get down to 158, they had my goal weight at 147 wow! I'm 5'7. I got sick with the flu and couldn't eat and went down to 152 and everyone told me I looked sick. So anyway I went into maintenance and weighed 162. After six months on maintenance my cravings got out of control which put me back up to 177 so I decided on feb 8th 2014 to try again. I have only lost 8 lbs in ten weeks and 11 1/2" inches. I've been on so many supplements and nothing is working. Right now I fluctuate between 169-172 and I'm wearing size 8-10's and yes I still have some fat around my lower back but I'm convinced my body has had enough! So tomorrow I'm starting stabilization. But in all honesty I couldn't stay 100% on plan. But still lost 8 lbs and I'm confident that I will continue to lose at my own pace once I get into maintenance. I have my maintenance menu from the first time and it's the same foods but you add dairy in and more fruit and vegetables. Its a 1300 calorie menu. Goodluck on your journey. I am meeting with Jen Friday for my stabilization appointment so that's a big plus because I love her, she's so upfront.

beachrunner695
05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm sort of bouncing around on whether I should do the supplements too...I'm losing ok on my own - down 14 pounds in a month, but it would be great if the supplements made it go faster.

Congrats on starting stabilization skelley! Can't wait to get there...I've always had such a hard time with maintaining weight loss that it is a little scary.

skelley331
05-06-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm sort of bouncing around on whether I should do the supplements too...I'm losing ok on my own - down 14 pounds in a month, but it would be great if the supplements made it go faster.

Congrats on starting stabilization skelley! Can't wait to get there...I've always had such a hard time with maintaining weight loss that it is a little scary.

beachrunner695: Thanks I'm hoping this time I can stay in maintenance!
The supplements that helped me lose are the cortitrim for belly fat and the MRC-6 which is a big help with inches. But I know everyone is different, problem is you really need to try them for at least 60 days they say it takes at 30 days for it to get into your system. goodluck

patzi
05-07-2014, 09:23 PM
I had maintenance weign in this week and I lost the 2 pounds I gained last weigh in. I am back down to 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week.

Patzi

skelley331
05-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Patzi: Congrats on your loss!!! I knew you would do it.

geo56
05-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone!
I have been doing great and am down to 177.2! I can't figure out how to change my ticker! Lol. I leave tomorrow for a 4 day cruise out of New Orleans to Cozumel. My son and his girlfriend and a close friend of mine are going too. I am not taking all of my supplements with me, just the Phentratrim plus and the fat and carb blocker. I plan on eating sensibly and try not to gain more than a couple of pounds. This is a much needed break from my stressful job. I get 4 weeks a year vacation but for the last year I was unable to take more than a 4 day weekend. I now have trained someone to cover for me.
Have a great week!

raven59
05-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone, Happy Thursday. After the drop in the scale last week it's been bouncing up and down and all around. Lots of daily fluid shifts. I'm still sticking to plan so I'm doing my part. The one thing I notice is I'm losing so much slower this time. Oh well. Onward and downward.

hlw121411
05-08-2014, 10:56 AM
I went to weigh in yesterday and I was down 6.5 pounds! That puts my total to 20 in about 40 days.

patzi
05-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Geo...
Congrats on where you are today and how great you have done.. When I travel, I take HNS , fat and carb blocker. Have fun, you earned it..

Have a wonderful time on your vacation.. Sounds wonderful..

Skelley... How are you liking stabilization?

Hope y'all are doing well.

Patzi

Going4Fit
05-08-2014, 10:26 PM
BTW, I did follow up with the center and yes buffalo=bison (thanks Skelley, actually hadn't seen your reply in last months thread until now) and though she couldn't explain how it was allowed daily when it's stats read like a red meat, she assured me to not worry about it and have it whenever I wanted.

Also, keep forgetting to post this for those who like the soups and bouillon and hot chocolate HNS's. It's an appliance I splurged on at Costco a couple of years ago called the Capresso frothPRO (http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-202-04-frothPRO/dp/B003LXY2HA/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1399598251&sr=1-1&keywords=capresso). It heats and mixes at the same time! No lumps! Love, love, love it. Has fluid level markings inside, so I just fill it with 8 to 10 ounces of water, put my HNS in, put the lid on and push the button.

gumdropmom
05-09-2014, 10:44 AM
BTW, I did follow up with the center and yes buffalo=bison (thanks Skelley, actually hadn't seen your reply in last months thread until now) and though she couldn't explain how it was allowed daily when it's stats read like a red meat, she assured me to not worry about it and have it whenever I wanted.

Also, keep forgetting to post this for those who like the soups and bouillon and hot chocolate HNS's. It's an appliance I splurged on at Costco a couple of years ago called the Capresso frothPRO (http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-202-04-frothPRO/dp/B003LXY2HA/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1399598251&sr=1-1&keywords=capresso). It heats and mixes at the same time! No lumps! Love, love, love it. Has fluid level markings inside, so I just fill it with 8 to 10 ounces of water, put my HNS in, put the lid on and push the button.

I'm so intrigued by the buffalo=bison and red meat characteristics. I guess I ought to give it a whirl. Do you eat it regularly? Like it?

gumdropmom
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
I went to weigh in yesterday and I was down 6.5 pounds! That puts my total to 20 in about 40 days.

Wow! That's crazy amazing! I have 19 to go to hit the "goal" - 40 days would be awesome :)

AshleyRae
05-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Guess who got to sign the 20 pound board today. ME!!! Finally! After bouncing around and toying with me for two weeks, the scale finally dropped.

I'm one happy girl...who also happens to be rocking some size 12 skinny jeans without feeling silly. I also weighed after getting about 8 inches chopped off of my hair, so that may have given me an edge - haha!

Onwards and DOWNwards, friends! Enjoy an on-plan weekend!

raven59
05-10-2014, 01:22 PM
AshleyRae: congratulations on the loss. That is so awesome, especially with the ups and downs of the past two weeks. Stabilization here you come.

Geo and HLW: Congrats to you guys, too.

Wishing everyone an On Plan weekend.

skelley331
05-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Went in and weighed in Friday lost 1.5 lbs and total of 12"! got my transition for week one!! I'm going to start it Monday, went camping over the weekend and it was crazy so I thought starting on Monday would be a easier day to start! Looking forward to it and starting a new chapter.

AshleyRae congrats on signing the 20lbs board!!! YAY!! new you could do it.

Patzi, I'm so ready to start my transition and moving into maintenance!!

Going4Fit
05-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Hey all,

I've posted this before, but I found a new flavored water to use that is non-carbonated, and I've updated my preparation method so I'm sharing again. For those of you that enjoy bigger portions, this recipe makes a bowl of gelatin using one clear HNS that is 3x times the volume of the strawberry banana HNS's (12oz instead of 4). It's completely allowed on plan - MRC allows you to add a packet of unflavored gelatin to any of the liquid HNS's. I've just figured out the right ratio of zero calorie flavored beverage to add to get a good consistency.

The new flavored water I like to use I found at Costco - it's called Propel Zero. There are three flavors in the Costco pack: Berry, Grape, and Kiwi Strawberry. All are very complimentary to any of the liquid HNS's I've tried them in. I've made grape, wild berry, orange, and blue raspberry, mixing them with different flavored waters all to good effect.

My bowls are different sized here, so it's hard to get a feel for volume, but on the left is a bowl of grape jello I made with my recipe (1 1/2 cups total), and on the right is the strawberry banana gelatin HNS made according to box directions (1/2 cup total).

Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 C flavored, zero calorie beverage divided equally into two 3/4 C portions
1 packet clear HNS
1 packet unflavored gelatin

1. In a bowl, add 3/4 C flavored beverage and one liquid HNS and set aside, no need to stir.
2. In a small saucepan add remaining 3/4 C beverage and heat on high.
3. When beverage starts to simmer on the stove, sprinkle the packet of gelatin over the HNS mixture in the bowl and time for 1 minute. (If stove beverage begins to boil before minute is up, turn off heat).
4. After one minute, pour the hot beverage into your bowl and stir to combine until all gelatin is dissolved.
5. Refrigerate until firm, typically about three hours.
Enjoy!

patzi
05-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Skelley..

I am so glad you did not leave as I did not want to see that happen, and look at you, on your way to maintenance.. Give yourself a pat on the back. You sure deserve it. Proud of you for sticking to the challenge.

Going4Fit.. Thanks for recipe. I definately will try that. Thanks for sharing.

I am on my way to weigh in , so be back later to report ..

Wishing y'all a great week, think thin, and congrats to all those that lost whether it be pounds or inches, it all ends up at the end.
Patzi

skelley331
05-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks Patzi, I'm glad I'm still here. Started my transition yesterday and today I'm doing great, I think I'm finally there!!! goodluck today!

Going4Fit
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Some of you may remember I have to wear a bridesmaid dress in my sister's wedding in June. I was pretty depressed for a while, since I am not as thin as I was when I hit maintenance last year and I have to see all this family and be in all these pictures. Ugh. To make things worse, my sister has us wearing strapless dresses. I've never worn anything strapless in my life! So I finally snapped out of my depression and went back on plan, knowing I could drop a few pounds at least. Well I have dropped a few pounds but the joke is on me: all the weight came off my boobs. So now I'm still wearing a larger size than I'm happy with, and I have no boobs to fill out that strapless dress!

Eh, what can you do. Still feels good to be eating so clean and I got so much done yesterday with the good weather and my kids behaving. I'm grateful.

patzi
05-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I had maintenance weigh in and I maintained, still 5 pounds under goal.

gumdropmom
05-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Some of you may remember I have to wear a bridesmaid dress in my sister's wedding in June. I was pretty depressed for a while, since I am not as thin as I was when I hit maintenance last year and I have to see all this family and be in all these pictures. Ugh. To make things worse, my sister has us wearing strapless dresses. I've never worn anything strapless in my life! So I finally snapped out of my depression and went back on plan, knowing I could drop a few pounds at least. Well I have dropped a few pounds but the joke is on me: all the weight came off my boobs. So now I'm still wearing a larger size than I'm happy with, and I have no boobs to fill out that strapless dress!

Eh, what can you do. Still feels good to be eating so clean and I got so much done yesterday with the good weather and my kids behaving. I'm grateful.

I feel your pain. At my heaviest last year I was in my sister's wedding and had to wear a strapless. Oh what a difference a year makes. I am 30 lbs lighter and know I would totally ROCK that strapless dress today - IF I COULD KEEP IT ON!!! I am 3 dress sizes smaller. Still would like to go down 20 more but slow and steady is an enjoyable pace right now - all in good time.

gumdropmom
05-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Went in and weighed in Friday lost 1.5 lbs and total of 12"! got my transition for week one!! I'm going to start it Monday, went camping over the weekend and it was crazy so I thought starting on Monday would be a easier day to start! Looking forward to it and starting a new chapter.

AshleyRae congrats on signing the 20lbs board!!! YAY!! new you could do it.

Patzi, I'm so ready to start my transition and moving into maintenance!!

So happy for you! That's great!

AshleyRae
05-14-2014, 04:53 PM
I found all of those lovely Walden Farms products recently (I'd been using the dressings, but I found the alfredo sauce and dessert sauces - woohoo!). Does anyone have a good recipe in which to use the alfredo sauce? I'm drawing a blank.

AshleyRae
05-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Never mind about the alfredo sauce. I don't think there's any good way to use that. Ick! :p

On the plus side, I hopped on my scale yesterday evening and thought it was pranking me. I don't EVER recall weighing this little. :D I've still got over a month left on program, so I'm ready to hit this one out of the park!

Stay on plan, friends. It's sooooooo worth it!

Going4Fit
05-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Never mind about the alfredo sauce. I don't think there's any good way to use that. Ick! :p

On the plus side, I hopped on my scale yesterday evening and thought it was pranking me. I don't EVER recall weighing this little. :D I've still got over a month left on program, so I'm ready to hit this one out of the park!

Walden farms are so hit and miss aren't they? I thought the chocolate sauce surely couldn't taste any different than a bottle of shampoo. But some people love it. *shrug*

Love your scale victory! You're doing so well!

Going4Fit
05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm so intrigued by the buffalo=bison and red meat characteristics. I guess I ought to give it a whirl. Do you eat it regularly? Like it?
Bison is quite pricey. At costco it's $8/lb and you have to buy two pounds. So it's too expensive to justify eating regularly, but I do like to get it every now and then because it's nice to have something different. To me, the ground bison is quite similar to ground beef. I like it. I just shape it into patties and season with Mrs. Dash and fry it or cook it on my griddler. I like it with a bit of dijonnaise too, or Braggs liquid aminos.

gumdropmom
05-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Bison is quite pricey. At costco it's $8/lb and you have to buy two pounds. So it's too expensive to justify eating regularly, but I do like to get it every now and then because it's nice to have something different. To me, the ground bison is quite similar to ground beef. I like it. I just shape it into patties and season with Mrs. Dash and fry it or cook it on my griddler. I like it with a bit of dijonnaise too, or Braggs liquid aminos.

Wowzers! I haven't even looked at it to know. If I'm going to spend that I'd probably spend it on salmon or something like that. Plus...I literally have a freezer full of grass fed beef. It is hard to consider spending $$$ on something similar to red meat right now - lol! I only cook with it a couple times per week. My family would love to have beef every night...but that wouldn't be healthy ;) Now if I just had a stockpile of chicken and tilapia....

skelley331
05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
I made it thru week 1 of my transition, got to add another fruit/starch everyday, week 2 I get to add dairy! The great thing is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs!! Yahoo!!!:carrot:

AshleyRae
05-15-2014, 02:56 PM
GO SKELLEY!!! That's fantastic!!!

gumdropmom
05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
I made it thru week 1 of my transition, got to add another fruit/starch everyday, week 2 I get to add dairy! The great thing is I weighed in this morning and I'm down 2 more lbs!! Yahoo!!!:carrot:

so excited for you! That must feel so amazing :)

geo56
05-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone! I am back from my cruise. I did go off plan and ate pretty much what I wanted, just tried to portion control. I was up 2.5 lbs at weigh in. I am going to try the MetaQuick plan using the meal replacement shakes an bars for 2 meals a day to help me get back on track.
I am happy to hear everyone is doing well!

raven59
05-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Ashley Rae and Skelley: Congrats on the loss. That is so awesome.

Geo: welcome back. Hope you had a great time. That little extra will be gone in no time!I strained my hip muscles so am not working working out like I have been. I'm trying to rest it. I'm also retaining water for some reason. My ring fits tight. No surprise the scale is up a couple of pounds. I'm going back on the yellow and blue plans for 10 days to see it that shakes things up a bit. And water, water, water, to try and flush things out.

It's Friday...hooray!

patzi
05-16-2014, 05:02 PM

You are doing fantastic Ashley Rae.. You are right it is sooo worth it, for sure.

Patzi

raven59
05-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Hi All,

No losses to report this week, sigh. To try to shake things up a little bit, I've gone back to the 10 day initial plan. Today is day 2 of the blue menu (days 5-10). We'll see what happens...I feel more hunger pangs with this.

cmmnsnsfml
05-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Second time around. I did MRC a couple years ago and then life really happened. I gained back everything and more. I went back to the center on Friday. I've been eating pretty clean already so I'm just doing pre-conditioning a couple of days. I'll go in tomorrow and get my regular menu. I think part of my problem last time was I let life get in the way of going to the center during the maintenance phase.

Here is to round 2!!

rwquilts
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Well folks, I'm back with you. I did really good for the first year and then something snapped in my brain and I thought I could eat whatever I wanted. I know better than that!!! I have continued going to the gym 3-5 times a week, but not the 5-6 times that I was doing. I'm sure that has something to do with the gain.

I have an appointment today to sign up for the 6-week/$59. That should be plenty of time to lose these 10 and maybe a few more.

raven59
05-20-2014, 11:42 PM
Welcome back you two. rwquilts: congrats to you for taking action now! You'll be back to your goal weight in no time.

This is not my first time either. Apparently, this is a lifelong battle and it's so easy to fall back to old habits. What's important is that we don't give up the fight!

patzi
05-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Welcome back rwquilts and cmmnsnsfml.

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss week.

Patzi

patzi
05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Hello....

I buy my HNS on Diet Direct online.. I need a favor..

When one has the time, please let me know if the Nutrition Facts are still the same as MRC.. They seem to taste a bit different. I buy MRC when I run out, but have no box now.

Calories.... 70
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 60mg
Potassium 10mg
Total carb 2g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g.

Thank you in advance.
Patzi

gumdropmom
05-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Hello....

I buy my HNS on Diet Direct online.. I need a favor..

When one has the time, please let me know if the Nutrition Facts are still the same as MRC.. They seem to taste a bit different. I buy MRC when I run out, but have no box now.

Calories.... 70
Total Fat 0
Saturated Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 60mg
Potassium 10mg
Total carb 2g
Dietary Fiber 0
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g.

Thank you in advance.
Patzi

MRC HNS nutritional info:
Calories...70
Total Fat 0
Sat Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 15mg
Potassium 15mg
Total carb 4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 2g
Protein 15g

This was for the mixed berry. Looks like the MRC has less sodium. That may account for a slightly different taste?

patzi
05-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Gumdropmom

Thank you so much for your time posting on HNS for me. I appreciate it.

Patzi

gumdropmom
05-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Gumdropmom

Thank you so much for your time posting on HNS for me. I appreciate it.

Patzi

You bet :)

GinaXOXO
05-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone. I have read the months posts and I am so impressed that you can stick with this diet the way you do. I have seen a few of you have slips and get right back on track. That is the most important part.

I fell off the wagon after I got the 11 days. I think I was so discouraged that I could not have fruit/starch at the same meal. I was under the impression that the diet would get easier after 11 days--not harder (for me). I was having a slice of 40 calorie toast and 1/2 orange at breakfast and bread with dinner. So, that became my cheat after 11 days . . . then extra melba in the evening became another cheat. I wasn't in ketosis anymore so a couple of nights I had what the family was having. Evenings are always the hardest. So, when I came home hungry, discouraged, and tired I couldn't get myself to make the right choice.

I almost didn't want to go back to the clinic. I knew I had gained weight. I was embarrassed to fall of the wagon. But, I am glad I went. They got me refocused and put me on another program. It is more flexible. Apparently, it is the diet they give people with medical issues. When I was looking at it I thought it was a lot like the pre-conditioning available foods. I like that a lot better. I also like that I will have a HNS and snack before dinner so that when I come home I hopefully will have more control and energy.

I have been exercising. I haven't thrown in the towel. But, this diet is HARD. I am kinda glad to be off the meta slim diet because it really played into my perfectionism or bust issues. I was so concerned about the "chemical" aspect of meta slim that I would let myself be concerned with such small things throwing it off. Also, it is summer and life is coming at me with "things". I went golfing with girlfriends and I refused to not have one drink with them. I think now that I have more flexibility without the chemically driven diet I will not feel so much pressure.

By the way, what I mean by chemical is that the foods are very well thought out (protein--fat--carbs) to produce a reaction in our bodies. This is a very good thing and the reason you lose weight so quickly without feeling like you are starving. But, I am not able to do that right now so I am on the slow boat and pretty content with it. I may switch back eventually. I was really looking forward to losing weight quickly. But, in reality it wasn't the right plan for me.

What are your thoughts?? How do you stay on the wagon??

rwquilts
05-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't you know it....my first day back on pre-conditioning and we have ice cream cake at work for May birthdays.

Not to worry...I have all those size 6-8 clothes at home at are screaming at me more than the ice cream cake here at work.

Think I'll have another glass of water!

AshleyRae
05-21-2014, 03:20 PM
What are your thoughts?? How do you stay on the wagon??

This may not be at all what you're hoping to hear, but honestly, I stay on the wagon because I joined when I was mentally prepared to fully commit. My mom did the same thing. It took 3 years of convincing (3 YEARS!!!) to convince mom to join me, but she was busy taking care of an ailing husband and mother. When her life eased up a bit, she was ready. When I finally joined, I was desperate and willing to take the rather huge financial hit. The cost kept me motivated initially; then, the results kept me motivated.

I would love for my mother-in-law to join, but I recognize that she's not mentally ready. She even said the same thing.

I hope the new plan works beautifully for you!

skelley331
05-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Went to the center yesterday and weighed in and I'm down another lb. last week I was down a lb. I'm starting week 3 of transition and I've been adding foods back weekly, I think my body was starving and that's why I wasn't losing before I started stabilization. Anyway I found out that stabilization is now only 4wks instead of 6wks so only 2wks from maintenance!!! Hard to believe!

patzi
05-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Went to the center yesterday and weighed in and I'm down another lb. last week I was down a lb. I'm starting week 3 of transition and I've been adding foods back weekly, I think my body was starving and that's why I wasn't losing before I started stabilization. Anyway I found out that stabilization is now only 4wks instead of 6wks so only 2wks from maintenance!!! Hard to believe!

Way to go Skelley.. I am so happy for you..I felt the same when I went on stabilization. I finally felt full, if you know what I mean. I will be hitting 4 years maintenance next February, so it can all be done and I am so delighted that you are on your way and are happy and losing .. How great is that.

Patzi...

skelley331
05-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Way to go Skelley.. I am so happy for you..I felt the same when I went on stabilization. I finally felt full, if you know what I mean. I will be hitting 4 years maintenance next February, so it can all be done and I am so delighted that you are on your way and are happy and losing .. How great is that.

Patzi...

Thank you patzi it's amazing what little changes help I struggled not losing and having all the cravings and my counselor said that with adding foods back in it probably kick started my metabolism from before I was eating the same things over and over and I was actually hungry but doing great finally and will hit my goal actually during stabilization lol that is GREAT🎉🎉

AshleyRae
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Thank you patzi it's amazing what little changes help I struggled not losing and having all the cravings and my counselor said that with adding foods back in it probably kick started my metabolism from before I was eating the same things over and over and I was actually hungry but doing great finally and will hit my goal actually during stabilization lol that is GREAT🎉🎉

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

patzi
05-26-2014, 07:46 AM
I still am in wonder , when I eat out, no matter when or where I gain. Hubby and I ate our last night, I had a large salad, had my own dressing. Salad had grilled chicken vs. barbecue, my choice, lettuce, , tomatoes, cukes, avocado. I told them to hold the bacon and bread that came with it.. I had a glass of white wine. I weighed in this morning, and 2 pounds over.. I asked hubby to weigh in and he stayed the same.. It must be they soak lettuce in salted water and I know they marinate chicken, even if it is grilled and the marinade is highly salted . All I can think of is the salt. I always take a fat and carb blocker when I go out. Oh, well... It was good, I enjoyed it, today is another day, and that is what maintenance is all about, maintaining, so I will watch what I eat till I lose it and I will lose it.

However, I can eat a small slice of fruit crisp I made for husband last week, and I don't gain. I also had a half a corn muffin and did not gain.. Go figure???

Wishing you all a great weight loss week.

Patzi

skelley331
05-26-2014, 09:36 AM
yes patzi I wonder the same thing, on weekends when I work outside in my flower beds and do yardwork and stay on plan usually I'm up 2lbs the next day, my counselor told me it's my muscles holding water from all the hard work, because usually come mon/tues the weight is gone. Hmmm! We went out to dinner for my husbands birthday Saturday night and I did really good but was still up the next day 1.6 lbs and I too take the fat/carb blocker. I enjoyed my evening with my husband and friends to celebrate and I know that I will have that 1.6lbs off in no time.!!! It's nice that I'm not panicing!!

skelley331
05-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Wow where did everyone go? This board was lit up at first now it's gone silent except for a few of us. This is what happened the last time I sure hope it's because everyone is on vacation. :?:

patzi
05-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 pound under goal, so that extra weight I got off.

I had a problem eating yogurt and gaining weight whenever I tried it, so though I would try again and it seems to be stabilized and I eat a small cup with some fruit in it , even at night and no gain the next day, so that is good. When I try something new on maintenance and I gain, I put it aside and keep trying it at later times.. I can now eat a tablespoon of Peanut butter without gaining, and I am tickled with that, as many times a tablespoon wards off a craving, it must be the fat I am lacking. It is good, regardless of the cause. LOL

Wishing everyone a thin day.

Patzi

skelley331
05-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Had maintenance weigh in and maintained, 5 pound under goal, so that extra weight I got off.

I had a problem eating yogurt and gaining weight whenever I tried it, so though I would try again and it seems to be stabilized and I eat a small cup with some fruit in it , even at night and no gain the next day, so that is good. When I try something new on maintenance and I gain, I put it aside and keep trying it at later times.. I can now eat a tablespoon of Peanut butter without gaining, and I am tickled with that, as many times a tablespoon wards off a craving, it must be the fat I am lacking. It is good, regardless of the cause. LOL

Wishing everyone a thin day.

Patzi

Awesome Patzi, congrats on the weigh in and being able to eat new things without it adding lbs. You are doing great! I go weigh in Saturday and then I start my week 4 and last wk of transition before going onto maintenance, I so hope to do as well as you have. I'm determined to stay in maintenance from then on.

raven59
05-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Congrats, Skelley on your progress. Almost to maintenance, way to go.

I just got back from a group camping trip followed by a big family gathering on Monday night and now I have laryngitis. Each day of camping I slipped a little farther off plan and am grateful to be back at home and in to my routine. It makes following the plan so much easier. I am going to wait until Saturday to weigh in and let everything settle a bit.

Hope everyone else is doing OK

AshleyRae
05-29-2014, 12:27 PM
I haven't been in to weigh this week - oops! I'm hoping to get there tonight. I haven't lost anything, according to my home scale, but I'm so happy with where I am.
However, I still can't figure out how I can gain weight during the night. I've been hopping on the scale right before bed (just for something to do, I guess - haha!), and then checking my weight when I wake up in the morning. The past two nights, I've been 2 pounds heavier in the mornings. Maybe I'm a sleep-eater and don't know it :P
Mom's at 27.5 pounds lost and has almost hit her goal of size 14 missus pants! And, she's got something like 7 weeks left (she's somehow earned 3 extra weeks). I'm at 22.5 pounds lost, so we'll see if I lose any more by my end date on June 24th.
Keep it up, ladies!

beachrunner695
05-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi gang! I'm still holding steady at the same weight for several weeks now...and it's my own fault. I do great all week and then I lose it on the weekends. Gain weight on the weekends, get back down to the same weight I was at the previous Friday every Friday. This is stupid...I've really got to get it together this weekend and make some progress.

But now I have a new problem...I am so constipated I could DIE! It just started last night but I'm very uncomfortable. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm tempted to go get some dieter's tea or something, but I don't want to jump the gun if it's something that will pass on it's own in a day or so.

AshleyRae
05-29-2014, 04:58 PM
My mom has had issues with constipation due to the high levels of protein on this eating plan. She takes two doses daily of a fiber supplement she got at Wal-Mart and hasn't had issues since :) When she was only taking one dose, she wasn't noticing a difference, so two was her magic number (there's a poop joke in there, I just know it! Hahahaha!).

beachrunner695
05-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Bahahahahaha:-)

bigdog
05-29-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi! I need to start all over so please send me some motivational tips!! And I swore I wasn't going to regain :(
Hope everyone is doing well!

Going4Fit
05-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi bigdog, welcome back! Long time no see.

I've started over too. All I can say is just get to it. Once you clean your system out, the cravings go away. That's been a relief for me.

My bigger bowl of gelatin (see recipe earlier in this thread) has been a great bedtime snack for me. A week of shakes on Meta-quick after each month sticking to plan is a real treat for me too and something I look forward to.

Also freed myself from the center and weigh-ins this time around. I go in once a month to buy my HNS's and that's it. I know when I'm eating right that the changes come. Don't like being tortured with why I gained or didn't lose when I ate the same as weeks I did lose. Just want to focus on clean eating.

Good luck!

geo56
05-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone! I have been very busy last work since vacation. I hope to catch up later!
I have lost 2 of the 4 I gained while on the cruise. My center gave me a new menu for the MetaSlim. There are way more carb choices and add ins. I will tell more later.
Have a good day!

AshleyRae
05-30-2014, 11:17 AM
I had a pleasant surprise at the center yesterday for weigh-in. Even though my home scale showed the same weight, the scale at the center said I was down 2 pounds, for a total of 25! I still don't know what the scale there says, but they said I was UNDER the goal that I set for myself...which, of course, I can't remember. Irrelevant! I'm under my original goal, happy with where I am, AND I've still got until June 24th! Happy camper, right here!

rwquilts
05-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Pre-conditioning is over and my first class is today. I feel like I've lost a couple of those 10, so that's a head start.

beachrunner695
05-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi bigdog, welcome back! Long time no see.

I've started over too. All I can say is just get to it. Once you clean your system out, the cravings go away. That's been a relief for me.

My bigger bowl of gelatin (see recipe earlier in this thread) has been a great bedtime snack for me. A week of shakes on Meta-quick after each month sticking to plan is a real treat for me too and something I look forward to.

Also freed myself from the center and weigh-ins this time around. I go in once a month to buy my HNS's and that's it. I know when I'm eating right that the changes come. Don't like being tortured with why I gained or didn't lose when I ate the same as weeks I did lose. Just want to focus on clean eating.

Good luck!

Going4Fit - tell me about the week of shakes on Meta-Quick? I'm not sure what that means. :-)

Going4Fit
05-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi Beachrunner,

I'm surprised your center hasn't offered it to you. Just ask them for a copy of the Meta-Quick menu - it's not a separate program so there's no charge. The shakes are quite expensive so I imagine they get a nice commission off of them. They often suggest it when you've hit a plateau or want a boost. (But then they'll usually tell you that you won't see any weight loss until the week is over.)

Anyway, the Meta-Quick menu requires 4 HNS's a day, and you drink the Very High Protein shakes + an HNS for breakfast and lunch. Or for one meal you can have a meal replacement bar instead of a shake. You can combine the shakes and HNS into one if you want - vanilla shakes with orange or mixed berry HNS's are quite good. You eat a regular on-plan dinner, using the other two HNS's as snacks between meals.

You can use the Meta-Quick menu for up to seven days each month, and you don't have to do the days consecutively. I like to do it for a whole week. I enjoy the break from cooking/weighing/measuring for those two meals a day. I call it my week of chocolate. :) I put the shakes in my VitaMix blender with the required water and a few big handfuls of ice and it blends into a very large, thick, frosty shake. It increases in volume from two cups to six. Love!

rwquilts
05-31-2014, 11:37 AM
I like the Meta-Quick shake idea. I lost 2.5 lbs on preconditioning. Yea! I don't remember having required 4-5 HNS when I did the program before. Has that changed?

patzi
05-31-2014, 11:55 AM
I had a pleasant surprise at the center yesterday for weigh-in. Even though my home scale showed the same weight, the scale at the center said I was down 2 pounds, for a total of 25! I still don't know what the scale there says, but they said I was UNDER the goal that I set for myself...which, of course, I can't remember. Irrelevant! I'm under my original goal, happy with where I am, AND I've still got until June 24th! Happy camper, right here!

I am so happy for you.. Be proud of yourself..

Patzi

skelley331
05-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Went to my MRC center this morning and got my final week 4 of transition. Yahoo! go back next Wednesday to start maintenance, I will get my body comp and measured then they will tell me how many calories I need to follow!!! So excited to be coming to the end! I feel Great!!!:carrot::carrot:

cmarty
05-31-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi Skelley,

I am glad to see that you made it! It is encouraging to know that this can be done twice!:carrot: I am starting over again!

skelley331
05-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Skelley,

I am glad to see that you made it! It is encouraging to know that this can be done twice!:carrot: I am starting over again!

Hey cmarty: where have you been? Yes I had to do it over again, still 4lbs from goal but I'm okay with that, I will get there for sure! Glad you are back and you can do this too!

rwquilts
06-01-2014, 09:41 PM
All 3 of us in my foods class were returning members. Hmmm
Day 4 weigh-in = 2 lb loss and I'm feeling great!

emoss72
06-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Anyone doing the MRC 28 weight loss plan at home? I don't have a center near me in Texas

badger
06-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Yikes - been gone too long! I've stayed on program (though had some bumps) just haven't visited 3FC in a long time. Busy month here at my house and need to carve out some more time for this forum. I'm down 26# since starting MRC. Woot! Very happy about that!

Glad to be back!

hrs1961
06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Not sure if I am doing this correctly or if I am even in the right area......but, I went to MRC years ago and had amazing results. Now, at 52 I weigh more than I have ever weighed (except for when I was pregnant) and simply can not afford to use their centers at this point in my life. I found my old green menu but nothing else. I recall there was a blue and yellow one? Are there any out there that would be willing to share theirs?