Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #1  

Default Have I Undone All My Progress?

I have been in the Induction Phase for Atkins for 10 days and planned on staying in that phase for 2 weeks. I've followed all the rules and have lost 10 pounds. However, 2 days ago, my husband left me. I have been very depressed and have spent most of my time in bed. Due to the depression, I have not eaten anything at all for 2 days. I tried eating some scrambled eggs but gagged. Have I undone all my progress? I don't want the progress I've made so far to go out the window. I think I can start eating again maybe, but was wondering if I have to start Induction all over again? Or should I just pick up where I left off and maybe extend Induction another week??
bellalynn260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

I'm not familiar with Atkins but I doubt that you lost any progress by not eating. Usually overeating is when diets are affected. Sorry to hear about your situation. I know it is tough. Hang in there. The sun always shines but can be difficult to see with the clouds. The clouds always eventually go away.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Calories matter.

Go too low for too long and there will be negative consequencs. The good news is that a 48 hour fast is not too low and too long. No harm done.

Sounds like you have had a rough couple days. Keep your head up.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a stressful time right now. I don't think you have to start over with induction, but I think it would be good to continue on with it for at least a couple days. If you start to add carbs now, you might end up binging, and that will undo your progress. Remember that you're doing this for you. Don't give him the power to take this away.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote